Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA (43495 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic / Nigerian Army Came To Kill Me And My Family - Nnamdi Kanu On Live Broadcast / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Ekpeitit(m): 10:26am On Nov 26, 2019
Wisdomkosi:
Biafra : "What IPOB Shall Do To Airpeace Boss, Allen Onyema" - Nnamdi Kanu Reveals

By Wisdom Nwedene

The leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, on Sunday, revealed what his group will do to Airpeace Boss, Allen Onyema, for lying against them.

Speaking during a live broadcast monitored by Igbere TV, Kanu said IPOB shall defend Onyema despite lying against the group.

Kanu noted that Mr. Onyema shall be last person whom the group shall grant amnesty.

According to him, "he will be the last Amnesty we shall Grant to anybody who lies against IPOB or myself."

He said : "We shall defend Allen Onyema and he will be the last Amnesty we shall Grant to anybody who lies against IPOB or myself."

"I will meet with people that matters most in this case in the USA. And if FBI fails to Investigate the names we are going to submit to them, then we shall start a case of victimization with them."

Recall that the US Attorney General’s office in Georgia had in a press release obtained by Igbere TV alleged that Onyema along with his airline’s Chief of Administration and Finance, Ejiroghene Eghagha, had been charged to court for falsifying documents and money laundering.

Mr. Onyema was also declared wanted in Canada after being indicted over an alleged bank fraud and money laundering in the United States.

Though Allen Onyema and Air Peace’s head of finance and administration Ejiroghene Eghagha have vehemently denied the allegation against them, a US court have issued their warrant of arrest.

Igbere TV further gathered that a corresponding warrant of arrest for Allen Onyema and Eghagha was issued in Canada by Russell Vineyard, a magistrate at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia on September 5.

They are to be taken into custody if sighted within the jurisdiction of the Canadian law enforcement authorities.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1161166/biafra-ipob-shall-airpeace-boss-allen-onyema-nnamdi-kanu-reveals/

Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Ekpeitit(m): 10:28am On Nov 26, 2019
Can't this Okoro idiot just shut the hell up?
This forum is for Nigerians not Biafrans, if you are a BIAFRAN go and form Biafraland Forum.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by cardoctor(m): 10:58am On Nov 26, 2019
President Kanu
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Area4Area: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yujin:

It's you who didn't read his post. You would have seen his mockery of Igbos. Did we say Americans hate Igbos? Did we even insinuate such? America have laws yet they aren't saints. Most big business men look for loopholes to circumvent having the money cut by government laws. Some get away with it while others don't. This is why laws are always amended to either block the loopholes or to slacken them so as to ease business. In certain cases, diplomacy is used to mend some discrepancies and let business flow. My questions again are; did he defraud any US business or government agency? Did any individual or company accuse him of robbing them? His purported crime was money laundering and trying to play smart against the American system. Does it call for all the crucifixion from his supposed compatriots? Who loses if he's asked to forfeit the money? Any sincere individual will see the hatred with which people like you bear against him which goes beyond just him but to his origin. Like I said before, let's see how it pans out in the court. We shall see how peace and growth will be in the shithole when you think you can hate a sizeable and ebullient part of your supposed country.
I've told you to direct all enquiries to the US and not forming the judge and jury on nairaland, have you written to the court, FBI and the US government already or is it the usual nairaland rants?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Area4Area: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
Organs:

Bros, first of all, i live in the USA. I swear to God the only reason i am replying you is because I, personally feel ashamed for you as a fellow Nigerian. This is not insulting you, it's the truth, google all i am saying here and ask other Igbo people THAT ARE EDUCATED so you don't go and say all this nonsense on TV one day. Now, listen, White house is the official residence of the US President. It serves as the home as well as the office of the united States. You have Presidents, Kings, Prime ministers, Dignitaries from everywhere are received at the white house. You have the Oval Office which is the US president's office and you have the west wing, situation room, cabinet room etc and then famous Rose Garden. Buhari and Trump addressed Nigerians and americans at the Rose garden that is one of the highest honour ever. Now, I have been to the white house. You, right now, if you are in the USA, you can book a pass and if available, you can visit and do a tour of the aspects of the white house that is available for tour. You can also get a pass from your Senator or congressman if you live in the USA if you need some other things or tours. Anybody, everybody can visit the White House. Now, the Blair house is a guest house for very, very important and distinguished guests. All foreign leaders that visit the USA stay at their Country's official quarters or Presidential hotels like the Waldorf Astoria (Watch coming to America by Eddie Murphy). If you hear that Buhari stayed at the Blair house it means during his visit to the USA, he did not stay at the official Nigerian residence or a presidential hotel, he stayed at the prestigious guest house of the President of the USA. So, take it as you visiting the Obi of Onitsha in his palace and instead of you to stay in the hotel during your visit or your own guest house, if you have one, you stayed at the specially reserved guest house of the Obi of Onitsha because you are a special guest. Only Tafawa Balewa and now Buhari has been accorded that privilege as nigerian presidents. (Please google all these things and educate yourself bro) So, my broda, pls stop all this your mumuism, right now, the guy shining your shoes and you pay N200 for shining your shoes, if today he becomes the President of the Federal republic of Nigeria, you cannot in any way compare him with nnamdi kanu because by virtue of that office my broda he has tremendous power and the whole world over will respect and accord him that power, though he used to shine your shoes in the past. Pls understand that, it is not even about Buhari now, it is the office of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. Now, conclusively, even ordinary protocol officer, that is working at the Nigerian House in Manhattan New York, i am not calling a (LGA Chairman or House of rep member) ordinary protocol officer with only WAEC certificate, holding Nigerian Diplomatic passport has more privilege, more respect and more access to resources in America than your fugitive Nnamdi kanu that is just a leader in your personal head and the head of all the mumus following him. Then you are comparing the status of the President of a country with that of nnamdi kanu!! My broda pls receive sense, because even fulani wey dey follow nama for bush wey you dey abuse everyday no go mumu like this!
You will live long to continue educating some over sabi kids who know next to nothing here, they're yet to pass WAEC but forming professor already

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Organs(m): 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yujin:

Lol. After your lengthy lecture aimed at mocking IPOB, it still will not stop our march towards the support and emancipation of our people. You can worship terrorists from the Sahel; you can ascribe honour to them so as to denigrate us but we aren't in any way concerned. I just want you to get this into your head. We are too big to be held down forever by goons of your calibre. Day by day we march towards freedom from the shithole. We gather our people and join ranks connecting the dots. When the critical mass has been amassed, then you will feel the heat. Failure to realize this from your angle will be to your utter regret.
Allen Onyema didn't steal from you neither has it been proven that he robbed anyone. He was accused of money laundering of which the court is yet to decide on the matter but simply because he's Igbo, you guys already proclaimed him criminal. Despite his philanthropic gesture on a national scale few months back, your sense of gratitude eroded you because of his origin. We will stand by him until the case is proven beyond reasonable doubt. Watch and see how it pans out.

Bros, you will fail. Your whole March and all will fail. You know why? because it is built on lies, hate and vile. Case in point, you had ZIK memorial lecture the other day and what did you do? you invited FFk to give a lecture and abuse the Govt. You have forgotten that Zik mausoleum was abandoned by everyone but completed by Buhari's APC, your roads was abandoned forever and now built by APC, the same Aviation Minister that did nothing and Enugu airport was going extinct however, this Govt is building it up. Your Onyema that ure boasting today did business and thrived not in Aba, or Owerri or Enugu but Lagos, i repeat lagos. Tell me how many people from anywhere else has done Business and made it in Igboland? none, zero and the same Zik was born in Zungeru, Ojukwu was born in Kd, his father was a businessman in Lagos just like Dangote of today, not in any Igboland. So, bros, God almighty sees how everyone accommodates you and allow you to do business and thrive the same you will never accord to others in igboland yet you still hate and criticize others. You cannot succeed bros, you will forever complain, cry, blame, hate and keep blaming others, that is your calling.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by iguita: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2019
Allen does not have money in the US. He is accused of something that is normal in Nigerian business circles, having a third company to do business on his behalf for his main company. Most Nigerian businesses do it. I have a senior friend who is MD of an IT firm. Their cleaning contract company belongs to his wife. The auto mechanic company that repairs and services all their company cars (about 200 cars) belongs to him. For those in business, corporate governance is very important. I hope he pulls through this
NaijaRoyalty:
Tinubu forfeited $460k to the U.S government after been exposed of drugs dealings

I expect Allen Onyema to do the same if proven guilty .
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2019
abc115:
You can meet Trump that is facing criminal conspiracy and charges... Who is Kanu? Who is Onyema to American Justice System?

Ignoramus

But Nigerian government begged an Asian government not to kill a Nigerian drug offender found in their country.

Of what economic value was that female Drug Offender to Nigeria that FG spent Diplomatic Resources to save her life in the face of a crime punishable by death, other than the girl hails from a prominent Nigerian family ?

You people have zero patriotism but 100% Tribalism running in your blood. The comments I read here everyday made by Young people aged between 17 and 40 tells me Nigeria has a very bleak future.

The condiments of our reasoning is useless.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by obidark: 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
RonaldoVido:

But Nigerian government begged an Asian government not to kill a Nigerian drug offender found in their country.

Of what economic value was that female Drug Offender to Nigeria that FG spent Diplomatic Resources to save her life in the face of a crime punishable by death, other than the girl hails from a prominent Nigerian family ?

You people have zero patriotism but 100% Tribalism running in your blood. The comments I read here everyday made by Young people aged between 17 and 40 tells me Nigeria has a very bleak future.

The condiments of our reasoning is useless.

you can not say we should rally and defend somebody that is accused of a crime....
thats ridiculous....

using this other womans case to compare is completly idiootic....
we can as well accept the title that all nigerians are criminals....

yorubas didnt defend sowore because he was wrong,but you went ahead callin yorubas names because they didnt rally for sowore....

somewhere this mentality of defendin people that did something wrong must stop....

or else we can as well bury ourselves....
believe me,you dont want to experience a completly lawless nation....
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by juman(m): 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
Funny guy.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by juman(m): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
May be he desire to do "quid pro quo".

Trump in soup again.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Yujin(m): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
Organs:

Bros, you will fail. Your whole March and all will fail. You know why? because it is built on lies, hate and vile. Case in point, you had ZIK memorial lecture the other day and what did you do? you invited FFk to give a lecture and abuse the Govt. You have forgotten that Zik mausoleum was abandoned by everyone but completed by Buhari's APC, your roads was abandoned forever and now built by APC, the same Aviation Minister that did nothing and Enugu airport was going extinct however, this Govt is building it up. Your Onyema that ure boasting today did business and thrived not in Aba, or Owerri or Enugu but Lagos, i repeat lagos. Tell me how many people from anywhere else has done Business and made it in Igboland? none, zero and the same Zik was born in Zungeru, Ojukwu was born in Kd, his father was a businessman in Lagos just like Dangote of today, not in any Igboland. So, bros, God almighty sees how everyone accommodates you and allow you to do business and thrive the same you will never accord to others in igboland yet you still hate and criticize others. You cannot succeed bros, you will forever complain, cry, blame, hate and keep blaming others, that is your calling.
You clearly don't know history and as a matter of fact, are an ignoramus. Do you know that Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria? Do you know that in the 60s, there were fewer Igbos in Lagos than in PortHarcourt? As at that decade, the Eastern region was the fastest developing region in Nigeria. The war and the evil policies set against the East after the war turned the region to what it is today. THIS IS WHY WE ARE PRESENTLY AGITATING. In the 60s, the East had 4 notable cities as against 2 in the West and 3 in the north. These cities were Aba, Enugu, Onitsha and Port Harcourt which was fully functional. The West had Lagos and Ibadan. The north had Kano, Kaduna and Jos. That Igbos ventured in significant numbers to the north was because of the too much opportunities they saw there to make money. Didn't Yorubas go to Jos for Tin mining? Weren't there Yorubas in Enugu for coal mining? Ojukwu's father owned the biggest logistics and transport company with trucks and crisscrossing all over Nigeria then. You don't know a lot of wealthy Igbo men based in the East lost all they had as the economy of the East was devastated during the war. Don't you watch the destruction in the present war in Libya, Syria and Iraq? How do you expect to see or hear of billionaire Igbos who were solely based in the East when they lost everything they had including the monies they had in their bank account. If the Nigerian government had rebuilt the East and create policies to support economic growth there, do you think most Igbos would have flood to your region or the north again? Ok. Today, is Europe not flooded with refugees from the middle East since the Afghan, Iraqi and Syrian wars started? See, when you create a problem somewhere without finding a solution to address it, it will some how return to torment you some day. This Igbo proverb captures it in a nutshell: 'he who brings an ant infested wood is inviting the lizards to feast in his home'. Nigerian government destroyed the East and refused to develop it; what did they expect? Port Harcourt is no more a real Sea Port as it use to be. No good roads and any federal government presence in the East. A region with tens of millions of people. What do you expect?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Yujin(m): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
@Organs
As regards me(us) failing in our march, it is immaterial. One thing I'm 100% certain of is that irrespective of the outcome of our present agitation, our situation will be better after the smoldering ashes have died out. I'll use history to teach you this. Germany lost WW1 not at home but in the battlefield and they got the worst deal ever in the Versailles Treaty. This evil treaty eventually led to WW2 and Germany lost again, this time the enemies entered into the heart of Germany. These conquerors were faced with two options: either they wipe out the entire Germans or they create a better deal for them. Do you know what they did? They chose the latter. Firstly, it's not easy wiping out an entire nation. Secondly, another Versailles Treaty will bring the same result again. So, they were wise enough to rebuild Germany. Mercedes-Benz was the official cars of the Nazi Germany Army but the English didn't kill it, rather they rebuilt and helped to nurture it. See Mercedes today.
If Nigeria continues this evil policy of steangulating the East, another war will happen which will be worst than the first. Tens of millions may die and our situation will never be as bad as it is today. Who do we say lost more then? Go and research about everything I wrote here and point out any error in my post. Death to the evil contraption.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Organs(m): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2019
Yujin:
@Organs
As regards me(us) failing in our march, it is immaterial. One thing I'm 100% certain of is that irrespective of the outcome of our present agitation, our situation will be better after the smoldering ashes have died out. I'll use history to teach you this. Germany lost WW1 not at home but in the battlefield and they got the worst deal ever in the Versailles Treaty. This evil treaty eventually led to WW2 and Germany lost again, this time the enemies entered into the heart of Germany. These conquerors were faced with two options: either they wipe out the entire Germans or they create a better deal for them. Do you know what they did? They chose the latter. Firstly, it's not easy wiping out an entire nation. Secondly, another Versailles Treaty will bring the same result again. So, they were wise enough to rebuild Germany. Mercedes-Benz was the official cars of the Nazi Germany Army but the English didn't kill it, rather they rebuilt and helped to nurture it. See Mercedes today.
If Nigeria continues this evil policy of steangulating the East, another war will happen which will be worst than the first. Tens of millions may die and our situation will never be as bad as it is today. Who do we say lost more then? Go and research about everything I wrote here and point out any error in my post. Death to the evil contraption.

Youre indeed smart and articulate. That is good and different from most IPOB followers. However, its sad that someone as smart as you are is following Nnamdi Kanu. Again most of the analogies and instances you made are tainted in lies. The only thing i can subscribe to was the money policy that says whatever you have you can only get so and so back in conversion, that was wrong. Again, just one thing i need you to do, go again and sample other states that are closer to you and the North, ask them if Biafra and Nigeria split, where will they rather be? It will surprise you that Rivers, Akwa-Ibom etc will rather go with the North than the Igbos. I personally from Kogi, and shares boundary with Igbos are Abokete and some areas, I DONT WANT TO BE RULED by the Igbos. I'll rather rule myself or if i have to choose between any state in the North and any state in SE, i will anyday anytime choose as Northerner with high school than igbo man with PHD. Most people think the same. My broda its not haphazard. Just like Ojukwu lied, promised heaven, used analogies, history, faith etc like youre doing now, but it did not work because its fundamentally based on lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by rexwalters: 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
Organs:

Youre indeed smart and articulate. That is good and different from most IPOB followers. However, its sad that someone as smart as you are is following Nnamdi Kanu. Again most of the analogies and instances you made are tainted in lies. The only thing i can subscribe to was the money policy that says whatever you have you can only get so and so back in conversion, that was wrong. Again, just one thing i need you to do, go again and sample other states that are closer to you and the North, ask them if Biafra and Nigeria split, where will they rather be? It will surprise you that Rivers, Akwa-Ibom etc will rather go with the North than the Igbos. I personally from Kogi, and shares boundary with Igbos are Abokete and some areas, I DONT WANT TO BE RULED by the Igbos. I'll rather rule myself or if i have to choose between any state in the North and any state in SE, i will anyday anytime choose as Northerner with high school than igbo man with PHD. Most people think the same. My broda its not haphazard. Just like Ojukwu lied, promised heaven, used analogies, history, faith etc like youre doing now, but it did not work becausde its fundamentally based on lies.
My goodness go easy on the Intellectual vexation, we know ipob and their sympathizer are fond of distorting history.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Yujin(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2019
Organs:

Youre indeed smart and articulate. That is good and different from most IPOB followers. However, its sad that someone as smart as you are is following Nnamdi Kanu. Again most of the analogies and instances you made are tainted in lies. The only thing i can subscribe to was the money policy that says whatever you have you can only get so and so back in conversion, that was wrong. Again, just one thing i need you to do, go again and sample other states that are closer to you and the North, ask them if Biafra and Nigeria split, where will they rather be? It will surprise you that Rivers, Akwa-Ibom etc will rather go with the North than the Igbos. I personally from Kogi, and shares boundary with Igbos are Abokete and some areas, I DONT WANT TO BE RULED by the Igbos. I'll rather rule myself or if i have to choose between any state in the North and any state in SE, i will anyday anytime choose as Northerner with high school than igbo man with PHD. Most people think the same. My broda its not haphazard. Just like Ojukwu lied, promised heaven, used analogies, history, faith etc like youre doing now, but it did not work because its fundamentally based on lies.
Lol. You see no one is born with the knowledge of history and wisdom is but a gift. My quest for history started with a question one of my teachers asked me when I was but in kid in JSS 3. The question was; why are you behaving like this? Is it because you're Igbo? That statement struck me. I never knew anything about the war that time. I had heard about Biafran war but didn't know any details about its cause or whatever. I immediately started trying to understand what that question meant and today I need no one to tell me about it. My future experiences confirmed the bias that was directed to me and my ethnic group. I have read far beyond Nigeria or African history. Most wars fought all over the world I've read about them seeking to understand a lot of things. Today, I can boldly face anyone in this regard with instances to back up my points. You see my friend, you're still very far. You don't know the history of Nigeria. You've not even travelled enough to be able to know about 1/3 of Nigeria. Your posts showcase someone with an instituted prejudice against Igbos and I can't help you on this regard. Check all my posts on nairaland; you will see that I'm very rational in thinking and I'm not one of those blind followers. I do what I consider necessary and don't jump into foolish arguments.
Now as regards Nnamdi Kanu, I respect him a lot for his courage and doggedness. His steadfastness and unflinching loyalty to our people is what endeared him to me. He is the leader of IPOB and I'm a proud member of that prestigious freedom fighting group. He might have made some mistakes by frontal attacking some ethnic groups at the beginning of his broadcast and I believe he knows better now. He might have equally insulted some of our people too and I believe he would have retracted such insults. However, the crux of his fight is without doubt 100% genuine and worthwhile hence I proudly identify with the group. Over the years, I've learnt to winnow the wheat from the chaff. That he commands the respect of tens of millions of Easterners today is no easy feat. He was a nobody few years back but today he's recognised by millions cutting across all works of life tells you that there's something he's doing right. Let me teach you a little again from history. When the name 'Hitler' is mentioned, what comes to your mind? The Devil right? Well, for the Germans he was a saviour. You see, Germany was at the brink of total collapse until he stepped in and revived their national pride. We galvanized them and reminded them that they weren't failures despite all what the other countries wanted to make of them. For me Hitler was an enigma. He committed atrocities that could hardly be excused but he was indeed a leader. He was the Moses of the Germans. They for once felt proud about their nation again after the humiliation of that ignoble treaty. This is how I reason my friend. I look at things from perspective. The average Germans are known to be proud and pompous. That's their nature. If you can't deal with it then let them be. So, if you and by extension most of other ethnic groups feel Igbos shouldn't lead you in the same country because of whatever, then, let them be. They have a right to life just like you. It wasn't you who created them. Failure to understand this will only cause regret in the nearest future.
Finally, as for Rivers and Akwa Ibom states, you know nothing about them. Don't mind the impostors on Nairaland who come here to sow discord. It is easy to identify the origin of such dubious people. Akwa Ibom people and Igbos have been relating with one another for hundreds of years. In fact, we resemble each other more than any other group in Nigeria. For Rivers state, all is politics. At least 50% of the state is Igbo and more than 60% understand Igbo language. Speak of what you know.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA by Organs(m): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
Yujin:

Lol. You see no one is born with the knowledge of history and wisdom is but a gift. My quest for history started with a question one of my teachers asked me when I was but in kid in JSS 3. The question was; why are you behaving like this? Is it because you're Igbo? That statement struck me. I never knew anything about the war that time. I had heard about Biafran war but didn't know any details about its cause or whatever. I immediately started trying to understand what that question meant and today I need no one to tell me about it. My future experiences confirmed the bias that was directed to me and my ethnic group. I have read far beyond Nigeria or African history. Most wars fought all over the world I've read about them seeking to understand a lot of things. Today, I can boldly face anyone in this regard with instances to back up my points. You see my friend, you're still very far. You don't know the history of Nigeria. You've not even travelled enough to be able to know about 1/3 of Nigeria. Your posts showcase someone with an instituted prejudice against Igbos and I can't help you on this regard. Check all my posts on nairaland; you will see that I'm very rational in thinking and I'm not one of those blind followers. I do what I consider necessary and don't jump into foolish arguments.
Now as regards Nnamdi Kanu, I respect him a lot for his courage and doggedness. His steadfastness and unflinching loyalty to our people is what endeared him to me. He is the leader of IPOB and I'm a proud member of that prestigious freedom fighting group. He might have made some mistakes by frontal attacking some ethnic groups at the beginning of his broadcast and I believe he knows better now. He might have equally insulted some of our people too and I believe he would have retracted such insults. However, the crux of his fight is without doubt 100% genuine and worthwhile hence I proudly identify with the group. Over the years, I've learnt to winnow the wheat from the chaff. That he commands the respect of tens of millions of Easterners today is no easy feat. He was a nobody few years back but today he's recognised by millions cutting across all works of life tells you that there's something he's doing right. Let me teach you a little again from history. When the name 'Hitler' is mentioned, what comes to your mind? The Devil right? Well, for the Germans he was a saviour. You see, Germany was at the brink of total collapse until he stepped in and revived their national pride. We galvanized them and reminded them that they weren't failures despite all what the other countries wanted to make of them. For me Hitler was an enigma. He committed atrocities that could hardly be excused but he was indeed a leader. He was the Moses of the Germans. They for once felt proud about their nation again after the humiliation of that ignoble treaty. This is how I reason my friend. I look at things from perspective. The average Germans are known to be proud and pompous. That's their nature. If you can't deal with it then let them be. So, if you and by extension most of other ethnic groups feel Igbos shouldn't lead you in the same country because of whatever, then, let them be. They have a right to life just like you. It wasn't you who created them. Failure to understand this will only cause regret in the nearest future.
Finally, as for Rivers and Akwa Ibom states, you know nothing about them. Don't mind the impostors on Nairaland who come here to sow discord. It is easy to identify the origin of such dubious people. Akwa Ibom people and Igbos have been relating with one another for hundreds of years. In fact, we resemble each other more than any other group in Nigeria. For Rivers state, all is politics. At least 50% of the state is Igbo and more than 60% understand Igbo language. Speak of what you know.

@Yujin, Firstly thank you for taking time out to explain lots of details. It shows how passionate you are and how much work you put into all that you wrote. It also differentiates you from the "LAZY" Nigerian youth that cannot even take their time to read or reply appropriately. Now to the points raised, my brother, we all have similar experiences that you had. II am muslim i grew up amongst Igbo Christians as well as Christians of other tribes. I was looked at as odd, i remember my Mrs Dim, an igbo teacher telling me, hmmm so your muslim, hmm muslim that is BAD, in class, i am talking Primary 4. Also, in Secondary school i had to read songs of praise on the assembly ground. I was and other muslims were discriminated against. It was not "cool" to be muslim, however, i blamed no one really, my parents that were quiet and ignored most of it as well as the school system that saw nothing wrong is the issue. Now its same all over Nigeria, religious institutions and places of worship just impose their noise, rules, inconveniences on others with impunity. On fridays, roads in Major cities leading to Mosques are blocked for prayers and you have churches in residential areas with mega speakers sccreaming all day and night not to mention the Lagos Ibadan expressway that is on lockdown whenever thre is a Redeemed event taking place. Now to you, Nnamdi kanu and IPOB, my broda you claimed you study History and you could not ask yourself why Nnamdi Kanu did not come out under GEJ or request for IPOB pulling out of Nigeria under GEJ or through the proper Channels? You see a man clearly after his stomach, fighting the north cos Buhari is in power and preaching hate, divisiveness and you call it emancipation of ndigbo....... Now let me correct you, my rant is towrads IPOB, all the things i said about Ndigbo, i meant IPOB. Ofcourse I personally as a muslim, will campaign for, vote for, team behind Late Alex Ekwueme or Ebitu Ukiwe, Igbo men, Honest Christians ahead of, corrupt muslim IBB or incompetent Muslim Buhari any day any time. I swear by Allah, i mean exactly what i just said here. It has nothing to do with faith, its the individual. Also, the reason why we are in this present predicament is because of the greed of Easterners. I, you, all the world over knew GEJ's govt was corruption personified, how many projects was instituted in SS, SE etc with money paid and the contractors did not even step the site? How about the millions Dezuiani stole and Stella Oduah and Olisah Metu and Dasuki etc? We all knew this, however, Igbos voted PDO still, now APC is USELESS but they are comparing themselves to PDP and seeing themselves as OK still. Now, if the igbos had joined the rest of Nigerians and voted out PDP in 2015, guess what, we wouldve collectively voted out APC in 2019 as well and we wouldve had a better govt in place now, cos we would have progressed from PDP in 2015, then progressed from APC in 2019, but what do we have now? useless APC vs useless PDP and we are divided. My broda, stop for a minute and use the history you studied to look at everything from an unbiased mindset, lets start from this so called Islamic govt even, what did PDP do for you as a people? however this APC govt you hate so much, Nnamdi kanu preaches against all day, Zik memorial lecture, FFK was invited to talk about hate, meanwhile, the same abandoned ZIK mausoleum was completed by this islamic party? Forgotten Biafran retires pension was paid by islamic party, Enugu to PH abandoned forever and Onitsha Enugu as well as Onitsha to Nsukka and so many other roads are been constructed as we speak. So, again, remove the inherited hate and look deeper, you just might become another okoro awusa amongst other igbos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Says Amotekun Not Viable, Advises South-west Governors / PDP Burns APC Brooms In Benue Because Of David Mark (pics) / Reno Omokri Responds To Prof. Wole Soyinka regarding his stands on Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.