Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. (1129 Views)

Husband Incurs Heavy Debt , Flees From Matrimonial Home / He Caught His Wife With Another Man Having Sex On Their Matrimonial Bed. / Married Ladies->how Was Your First Day In Your Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 22, 2010
For a Yoruba woman, a child is a beautiful, bountiful bundle of Joy from God. Culturally, without children, marriage is not complete.
That is why the mother-in-law often goes out of her way to find a fertile woman for her son. Yoruba women believe that family's lineage does noyt live on without the appearance of a child after the matrimonial vow.

My question is, why is it so hard for us to adopt? There are many homeless beggar children, esp Hausa-Fulani children, on the street nowadays. Why can't we, as the mothers of our society, learn to adopt children?
Re: Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 22, 2010
Re: Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by armyofone(m): 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2010
i think it is time for africans to change their mentality towards adoption. i have heard of our pple saying why should i adopt when i can have my own?
you see them having 10 kids  year after year but why not have 2- 3 of your own and one adopted?  undecided

you adopt, others will mock you
you cant have a child, your husband will be nacking in secret or he marries another wifey  grin
interesting.

Ebony, it is a general thing my sister.
Re: Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by NubianQ(f): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2010
I plan to adopt kids, i know people are not keen on that but i would sooo love to adopt kids,

I know everyone wants to have a natural birth but whether or not you have that, a child is a child,

well i have put my name of for fostering a child, once my application is approved, i am going to be the mum of a little boy! i rather a child already grown though. i dont mind babies but its going to be hard to manage one while i work,

if i wa super rich i will adpot hundreds of kids, smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by armyofone(m): 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2010
NubiaQ, great move. i plan to do the same in the future. have mine and adopt 1 or some.
i'd love a boy too wink.
Re: Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by NubianQ(f): 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2010
armyofone:

NubiaQ, great move. i plan to do the same in the future. have mine and adopt 1 or some.
i'd love a boy too  wink.

Thats cool! well my plan is to do an angelina jolie and have children of different cultures.

Boys are cool to adopt, goodluck when the time comes for you!
Re: Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 02, 2010
Thanks for your posts guys, I'll analyze them when I get out of these finals kiss kiss smiley
Re: Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by AloyEmeka8: 5:27am On Dec 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

For a Yoruba woman, a child is a beautiful, bountiful bundle of Joy from God. Culturally, without children, marriage is not complete.
That is why the mother-in-law often goes out of her way to find a fertile woman for her son. Yoruba women believe that family's lineage does noyt live on without the appearance of a child after the matrimonial vow.

My question is, why is it so hard for us to adopt? There are many homeless beggar children, esp Hausa-Fulani children, on the street nowadays. Why can't we, as the mothers of our society, learn to adopt children?

Another foolish assumption. Why she thinks that hausa Fulani has the highest number of homeless and poverty stricken children in Nigeria beats me. Where is your data?. undecided undecided undecided Are those alaye in every corner of lagos Island begging for N20 not Yorubas? what is the difference between them and the begging Fulani kids?
Re: Yoruba Women And High Priority Of Having Children In Their Matrimonial Home. by semid4lyfe(m): 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Thanks for your posts guys, I'll analyze them when I get out of these finals kiss kiss smiley

Your finals nor dey ever finish?

(1) (Reply)

To What Extent Can A Mother Go For Her Children? / I Want To Confess / She Doesnt Want Proffessional Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.