Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands (26351 Views)

2face: Leave Buhari Alone, Hold Your Governors, Reps & Senators Accountable / Supreme Court To Hear Imo, Zamfara Gov Polls Review Today / Imo, Zamfara: What Happened At The Supreme Court Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Obere4u: 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
NORSYK:

Lol I took some of the pictures not all.

Does this looks like dropping of ships of stones to you?

Simple question, which date did you take the picture.
If you don't want to answer, let's not argue over it
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by linqzs: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
NORSYK:

You are a bloody LIAR, how come you are the only one receiving half salary?

Stop all this insult and lies.
Everybody got 3k added to their salary. The Government is not paying full salary.

I am level 08 step 5 and I'm being paid 43k.. same thing with my colleagues.

So just stop this.. go to the state secretariat to verify my statement.
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by SlayDaddy(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Makinde failed in secuirity and waste management, he needs to understand why Ajimobi took the hard wicked decission in policy making before destroying his polices because sooner or later he would get to understand governing Oyo State isnt child's play

Makinde is really pulling up stronger in Security.
He approve 100 motors for quick response in Oyo State with free troll by dialing 615

Seyi Makinde fire on with #makeIbadanClean yesterday
You can't keep saying nonsense forever and think you are down falling Seyi Makinde admistration but remember no be only you they Oyo State.

Seyi Makinde is making Oyo State Proud
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
NORSYK:

Typical gibberish from your kind (child of iberiberism)

For the records Imo State Civil servants are receiving 100% salaries as against the 70% they were receiving during the infamous years of emperor Okorocha.

Imo State pensioners are receiving their monthly pensions at the comfort of their homes, we all know how Mr. Iberiberism treated pensioners and how they quee for many days in owerri without being paid at the end of the day.

Currently Imo State Government is recruiting over 4000 Teachers and is being transparently.

Below are the pictures of the poly iheagwa road that's being constructed

Please and please, I dont really know areas, but if you mean Poly,as in Nekede, let's be frank they just started the road about 3/4 days ago.

I'm not too versatile with Imo state, but with the little time I spent there (I just returned on Saturday), I'll say the government really has to WAKE UP, because the roads are terribly bad.

On a side note, although it's a federal road, do you know the road from Owerri to Umuahia has totally collapsed in some portions?
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by PopeFlatino(m): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
Shut up
Donald95:

I would have replied you properly if you are a Nigerian. But you ain't and I can't waste my time spilling out the disadvantages of having citizens with such mentality.
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2019
GARRIYELLOW:
Imo state is currently recruiting 4000 teachers.
And you apply through a recruitment portal. That should be a plus on ICT too.
And he's begun fixing some roads in the state.
I don't like politicians but so far so good. He's working, even though he's quite slow but you can't blame him.
Rochas almost destroyed the state.

Besides, there seems to be some propaganda against this man. I was surprised to see that the Akachi Tower that people claimed he destroyed still stands.

I really hope he pulls through with the recruitment. It is a good development that he has started the process. I just concluded some survey projects in secondary schools in Ahiazu Mbaise local government of Imo state. I make boldly to say that ALL THE SECONDARY SCHOOLS lack teachers, as in you'll see a government secondary school with JUST 8 teachers.

Report however has it that the governor has been visiting some of the schools, atleast he was at Ahiara Technical College at Junction few weeks back. The school is really looking forward to the governor carrying out even if it's just half of the promises made.

Although he still has a long way to go, although he is really slow in his approach, as in really slow, I'll boldly say he seem to have started on a good note
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by PopeFlatino(m): 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2019
Gbam
Unbiased1:
Stop lying to yourself op. Which IMO state did you visit and it's people were groaning? Ihedioha is on the path if u compare IMO state of Rochas to the current IMO. IMO state is now paying Judges their salaries and pensioners are receiving their pensions that there were being owed for over 70 months. The IMO waste management agency has also boosted it's operations. As for the roads, it will obviously take time to fix the numerous China roads Rochas built.
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by PopeFlatino(m): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Guy u no dey imo state be that...or ur inside prison at Owerri..

All d payments has been paid regularly and road constructions has kicked off ..the 19 awarded road constructions are real
Obere4u:

I dey IMO state like this and I can boldly say NO 19 roads is completed anywhere. Unless Na potholes dem patched.
Also the Govo said roads contracts have been awarded and contractors are waiting for rain to stop or reduce before they start work.
We are praying for rain to stop but rain have refused to stop.
On salary payment, no improvement.
Pension payment, no improvement.
I think the only sector working is the youths and sports ministry with the info tech ministry
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by asha80(m): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Please and please, I dont really know areas, but if you mean Poly,as in Nekede, let's be frank they just started the road about 3/4 days ago.

I'm not too versatile with Imo state, but with the little time I spent there (I just returned on Saturday), I'll say the government really has to WAKE UP, because the roads are terribly bad.

On a side note, although it's a federal road, do you know the road from Owerri to Umuahia has totally collapsed in some portions?
owerri to umuahia is also a federal road..however ccecc has resumed there

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by PopeFlatino(m): 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2019
grin ur blind dear
ekemit:

emeka is using rule of law to dupe imolites,he is such a callous and wicked man that is surrounded with very powerful cabals and occultic men and women that are bent down to destroy imo state i dont belong to any party but reside in imo state,most of what Rochas did he is doing the photocopy,Rochas sacked 10000 civil servants employed by ohakim,the same Ihedioha suspended 1700 civil servants employed by Rochas,so who is bearing the brunt?still the imolites that are innocent and always at the receiving side of the wicked politicians,the truth is that they are all the same we are still waiting for the messiah to salvage the numerous problem in imo state we have not seen yet....only God will save us from the wicked cabals the is holding the state hostage
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by PopeFlatino(m): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
Guy rain never gree any construction progress...even at my area..anytime they want to start something rain go fall
Obere4u:

Forget about partisan politics, the contractors only went and did some land leveling and left, same happened in world bank.
It's too early to judge but Ihedioha is slow. We all pray he comes good though.

Keep your insults to yourself.
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by NORSYK(m): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

My brother you said you returned on Saturday and you concluded that work started 3 or 4 days ago how bro?

As I'm typing now work is ongoing at the Owerri Umuahia road

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by PopeFlatino(m): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
grin
asha80:
'and left'..which particular road are we talking about here?slow? Rochas was fast and then what happened?it is this mentality that Rochas saw in imo and used to his advantage and finished the state...ngwangwa things without painstaking evaluation
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
NORSYK:

My brother you said you returned on Saturday and you concluded that work started 3 or 4 days ago how bro?

As I'm typing now work is ongoing at the Owerri Umuahia road

Yeah, I think I saw that also, although the Ozarra-egbelu axis is broken down. I hope they get to the really bad portion before people start coming home for Xmas.

As for when work started, a student of Nekede helped out with my project and the said student joined me on Thursday afternoon, from Nekede. That was how I got that information... I might be wrong with my counting, but the work started sometimes last week.

Anyway na way, we are happy work has started on it
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
asha80:
owerri to umuahia is also a federal road..however ccecc has resumed there

Yeah, I witnessed this, thats close to Owerri.

I hope they work on the portion of relief roundabout that has broken down
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Mrexcell(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
Donald95:

All these are my own personal observations.   So, the reason why i created this thread is for indigenes to inform nairalanders exactly what is going on in their states, especially states POWER CHANGED HANDS  

Am from imo i visited owerri in april and i couldnt recognise anywhere anymore bad roads and useless statues everywhere. Rochas really destroyed and looted imo state to the ground its going to take ihedioha years not months to put things back in shape he cant perform miracles over night given the low igr of imo. Its now i even understand why ihedioha is using "rebuild imo" mantra. People like rochas and his mentees should never be allowed anywhere near govt houses again with what i personally saw at owerri. In civilized countries where things works he would have been cooling off in jail by now.

3 Likes

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by NORSYK(m): 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
linqzs:

Stop all this insult and lies.
Everybody got 3k added to their salary. The Government is not paying full salary.

I am level 08 step 5 and I'm being paid 43k.. same thing with my colleagues.

So just stop this.. go to the state secretariat to verify my statement.

Again you have lied, something must be wrong somewhere and you need to rectify it.

For the records Imo State Government is paying full salary

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Soso990240(m): 6:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
linqzs:

Ihedioha is not paying any full salary oga..
Rochas was paying 40k which they said is 70% .. ihedioha is paying 43k.. will you call that 100%?

Let's say the truth.. I work in the state civil service.
Oga say what you know. I have up to 5 people in different ministries in IMO state. Ihedioha pays full salary, not percentage like Rochas. Rochas reduced working days to 3 just to justify d criminal act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by NORSYK(m): 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2019
Obere4u:

Simple question, which date did you take the picture.
If you don't want to answer, let's not argue over it

You kept shifting issues, you lied before that nothing was being done when I provided you with the pictures you said they are just dropping stones and have abounded the site.

Now follow the link and view the live video on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3184942361580299&id=100001936992581

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Soso990240(m): 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Yeah, I think I saw that also, although the Ozarra-egbelu axis is broken down. I hope they get to the really bad portion before people start coming home for Xmas.

As for when work started, a student of Nekede helped out with my project and the said student joined me on Thursday afternoon, from Nekede. That was how I got that information... I might be wrong with my counting, but the work started sometimes last week.

Anyway na way, we are happy work has started on it
More reason u don't have to act on Hear-say. Without seeing, u have concluded dat Ihedioha is not working. Nawah for u guys. I visit IMO like every 2weeks, and I know d changes I have seen. I'm not a Nairaland Keyboard warrior dat just sits behind his Computer/Android to criticise.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Kay25(m): 8:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
oyo has had significant changes even without noise making...just last week new police vehicles were bought and was quite different from the ones other governors have been buying.On education he did so well I give kudos to him He is a man of his words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Juliet11111(f): 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
sujexy:
Oga, go and sleep...
Samuel has lost and he has moved on, you can move on by Joining Apc where you belong...

Ihedioha is on track!

The only people wishing That Ihedioha has failed in 6months even with the obvious Things he has been doing in the state are either Orlu ppl( with northern mentality of we die with power, no matter who is there or the Apc/Selfish Apga or Uche Nwosu's zombies)

N/B : I am from Isiala Mbano , before they start asking me which part of Mbaise that I came from.
Very true. But not all Orlu people. I'm from Nkwerre and we're 100% with Ihedioha

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Enwhen(m): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
mrvitalis:

Road construction are on going all over IMO ...no one sees that

Yeah , both are trying , but it's too early, if the praise is too much, they may be chocked and decide to reduce their working rate
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by ekesol: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
Mightydude:
Quit bullshitting . I am from Imo and live there, emeka has only paid 2 months pension. What's construction of roads when rds in the main city are bad. No major work is being done in imo,all we hear is contracts being awarded and nothing to show for it. Ph road is a mess. Road leading to amaraku is a death trap. Aba/werri road is as bleeped as a sex doll. Onitsha road same. What exactly is emeka doing ?? Building stadiums in all the lga in Owerri .. What's that for ?? Abeg you people should chill biko.

You a liar Agent of Rochas okorocha ntorr
Useless people that ruined our dear state

Anyway Orlu people should face their chemist business and leave Imo state for serious minded people

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by delpee(f): 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
khalifjgusau:
Several times I said it would take a genius to fix the many challenges in Zamfara state in a span of a term even when, like everyone, I had no knowledge who would take over from the last administration. I was cautious in my claim because I didn’t want to create any excuse for the successor.

We all wanted a leader with the wherewithal to end the senseless killings of innocent citizens that turned Zamfara into an abattoir for nearly a decade. We wanted a leader who would respect the rule of law and accommodate the interests of the citizens. We wanted a leader who would pay civil servants their entitlements; a leader who would reengage the abandoned 1400 employees; a leader who would pity our pensioners; a leader who would revive our youth empowerment programmes; a leader who would ease the citizens’ struggles to meet the challenge of the current inflation.

We all craved for a leader who would provide an environment to chart a way forward with particular focus on governance, health and education in the state. Yes, we all wanted our lost glories restored. The emergence of Matawalle as the Governor of Zamfara State was a relief to the majority of the good people of Zamfara and well-wishers.

It is evident that in the last four months of Matawalle’s administration the tables have begun to turn for good. Security has improved to a reasonable extent – a fact we cannot deny. And with the holistic measures taken, we are hopeful that peace has come to stay within the walls of Zamfara and environ.

Governor Matawalle supports his initiatives on security by distributing two hundred and six (206) vehicles (Hilux) to all the security agencies in the state mainly to improve the capacity of conventional security outfits in crime detection, prevention and general surveillance. Until few months ago when Governor Matawalle provided ambulances to all the general treatment facilities in the state, I cannot recall when last I set my eyes on a functional ambulance in any of our local hospitals.

In addition, there is a significant improvement in the procurement of drugs and other relevant medical equipment as against what used to be the practice when hospitals were not given any attention – even electricity bills were difficult to settle. I spoke with many health personnel in the state before I arrived at this.

Within four months, Matawalle’s administration has revived the Zamfara Fertilizer Company which had been dormant for more than 10 years and this facility now has the capacity to produce 200 tons (about 10 trucks) per day. This effort was in recognition of agriculture as a key branch of the economy of Zamfara state, providing employment opportunities for a large percentage of our teeming youth – farming is our pride. The foreign scholarship scheme(?) – a story for another day.

Matawalle has reengaged about 1400 abandoned employees and they now bask in the ambiance of their salaries. The new administration continues to attend to challenges associated with civil servants – from promotion, promotion arrears, payment of leave grants to payment of gratuity and other entitlements.

We are witnesses to the positive news coming from Zamfara State Universal Basic Education (UBE) Board. The ongoing social intervention programme that supports women with certain amounts of money to start small scale business ideas is a commendable effort. Mens sana in corpore sano – a healthy mind lives in a healthy body.

With these successes (I missed some achievements in this short piece) so far, less than 5 months of assumption, it is malicious to allege that Matawalle’s administration performs below par. It is unfair even to claim that this dministration lacks ‘focus’ or ‘direction’. In the history of Zamfara state, Bello Matawalle is the first Governor to appoint a Special Adviser on Strategy and Development.

He is also the first to constitute a standing committee on Strategy and Development to lead the strategic planning process of the state’s Development Plan (in collaboration with the state’s Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning) and to ensure the implementation of ‘sector strategic plan’ and ‘medium-term plan’. This is because he recognises this area as one of his major areas of focus. In the past, like the letter ‘z’, Zamfara was always last in almost all indices of development including quality of life index.

The last I checked, Zamfara is now the most improved state in IGR with +171% ahead of Sokoto, Kebbi, Osun, Ondo, Benue, Niger, Ekiti, Bauchi and Akwa-Ibom states (NBS 2019 Half-Year). I cannot defend the delay in the appointment of Commissioners, but I strongly believe that we have a focused government in place.

Considering the messy system inherited, I don’t expect the new administration to solve all the challenges in less than 5 months.

Impressive!
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by delpee(f): 10:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kay25:
oyo has had significant changes even without noise making...just last week new police vehicles were bought and was quite different from the ones other governors have been buying.On education he did so well I give kudos to him He is a man of his words

Hope teachers have now been employed. The e-library for textbooks is a good idea. Also the funding of the schools in lieu of the 1000 levy of the last era. However, without teachers, there can’t be any meaningful progress in the education sector.
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Oxtertee(m): 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
mrvitalis:

Are you from or have u been to IMO state ?

What has makinde done that emeka hasn't done please

Una done start with una propaganda

#GSM GOVERNOR SHEYI MAKINDE of Oyo State has perform wonders since he assumed office.
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by mrvitalis(m): 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
Oxtertee:

#GSM GOVERNOR SHEYI MAKINDE of Oyo State has perform wonders since he assumed office.
Smh what has he done
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Goddyboy95(m): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
updates from Imo...
before now, vehicles stopped plying PH-Assumpta road, but now we don de manage am as work is still ongoing.
i stay in ihiagwa, very close to Futo...i stopped following poly-ihiagwa rd some months ago...as i type now, rd construction have gotten to poly for now.
Mbaitoli rd along Owerri-orlu rd is undergoing rehabilitation.

Emekuku, dt bad spot that may keep u for 6hours...better work de go on dre...dust sef de disturb now....

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by MBAISE777(m): 12:41am On Nov 27, 2019
Emeka carry go!!!!!
Imo state citizens dey ur back.
I love u mekus
Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Bishops10(m): 1:10am On Nov 27, 2019
sujexy:
Oga, go and sleep...
Samuel has lost and he has moved on, you can move on by Joining Apc where you belong...

Ihedioha is on track!

The only people wishing That Ihedioha has failed in 6months even with the obvious Things he has been doing in the state are either Orlu ppl( with northern mentality of we die with power, no matter who is there or the Apc/Selfish Apga or Uche Nwosu's zombies)

N/B : I am from Isiala Mbano , before they start asking me which part of Mbaise that I came from.

I am From Obowo and I can boldly say Ihedioha is doing well for a start.
Don't mind they
op

1 Like

Re: Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands by Kay25(m): 6:21am On Nov 27, 2019
[quote author=delpee post=84396163]

Hope teachers have now been employed. The e-library for textbooks is a good idea. Also the funding of the schools in lieu of the 1000 levy of the last era. However, without teachers, there can’t be any meaningful progress in the education sector.he is going to do that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Imo Pensioners Earn N330m Yearly, Uzodimma Cries Out / Northwest, Northeast Top Bribery Prevalence Rate In Nigeria- NBS / Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.