Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

"Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" (3349 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters In Abuja Set Bonfire On Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Road (Pix) / Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe / See Nnamdi Azikiwe And His Car In 1959: Can You Tell The Name Of The Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Masterclass32: 9:36am On Nov 26, 2019
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has alleged that the late nationalist, Nnamdi Azikwe started the problems Igbo people are currently suffering in Nigeria.

Kanu made the claim while faulting claims that Azikiwe was one the greatest Igbos of his generation.

The IPOB leader recalled that Azikiwe once appealed to the French government to stop sending aides to Biafra because they were “rebels.”

A statement by IPOB spokesperson, Emma Powerful yesterday quoted Kanu as saying: “Many have been led to believe that, Zik was in fact, one of the greatest Igbos of his generation but in reality, he was the problem that, Igbos still suffer today in Nigeria.

“Just few days ago, it was discovered that Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe (Zik) appealed to the French Government to stop sending aid to Biafra referring to our people as rebels. The same Zik while speaking to the press in London during the war and rebelled Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu as a petty tyrant.

“Isn’t it ironic that, in spite of everything Zik did to sabotage our people’s struggle for freedom that, Governor Willy Obiano would declare a public holiday in Anambra State as to celebrate Zik’s birthday and thereby mocking the memories of those that, died during the genocide of 1967-70?

“The problem we have in Biafraland is that, the younger generation of our people who lack the true knowledge of history still refers to Zik as some human god whereas in reality, Zik was inspired by personal ambition according to Professor Chinue Achebe, in his book titled “THE TROUBLE WITH NIGERIA”.

“This is the mistake we are making with this current generation of governors, Ohaneze and Abuja based politicians. We never learn from history.

“Our people especially, the younger generation must stop patronizing the lies and propaganda regularly published on the pages of newspapers in a desperate attempt to keep Nigeria one at all cost and begin to carryout personal research as to independently discover the events that, occurred in the past.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/11/26/biafra-nnamdi-azikiwe-once-called-igbo-rebels-started-problems-we-are-suffering-nnamdi-kanu/

1 Like

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by voltron14: 9:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Continue fighting yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by uzohrome(m): 9:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Well, we must continue
Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Muhammad2468(m): 9:47am On Nov 26, 2019
causing confusion every worldwide
koh

1 Like

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Biafrannuke: 9:49am On Nov 26, 2019
I watched the video.
British wartime narrative centered on the propaganda that Ojukwu was a dictator who declared Biafra for personal reasons and who is not open to any form of dialogue. To pursue this policy they employed the services of few leading Igbo renegages including zik who flew out of Biafra to make this speech, calling Biafrans "rebel" and Ojukwu a "dictator". this speech would be used by Britain and their Fulani outpost in Nigga area to shop for diplomatic support of their genocide against Biafra.
Ojukwu stood for dialogue. Aburi accord was signed and sealed before Gowon reneged on it. The Biafra declaration itself was mandated by Eastern region council.

zik did well economically for the East years before and after independence but when it came to what mattered the most- securing the political future of his Igbo people, he failed woefully.

If we must get Biafra we must acknowledge this unpleasant fact to avoid its repeat.

Biafra g'enwe mmeri!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by muykem: 9:52am On Nov 26, 2019
To IPOB both online and offline, Azikiwe is a bastard because supreme leader of Igbo nation Nnamdi Kaun said so.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by nonoski: 9:55am On Nov 26, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu thinks he is the only intelligent person alive in Igbo land.
I don't blame him.
It's his foolish followers I blame

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 26, 2019
As bitter as this is I must say it is true.

Some guys were discussing about the civil war and most of them said the Yorubas through Awolowo hated them and supported the government against them.
I aksed them to tell me Zik's role during the war and they kept quiet until an old man among them said he betrayed Biafra.

I have also seen most comments from some fellas here calling Awolowo as a betrayer but never called out zik, their main man at that time for doing same.
The truth is, you can't cover your family member and insult someone else who did same thing they did.

I know unlearned and bitter souls will quote me with insults and I am waiting for them.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by valarmorghulis: 10:06am On Nov 26, 2019
Nnamdi azikiwe has done nothing wrong (according to his people) they prefer to blame awolowo, a yoruba man
Don't forget that same azikiwe was against secession when other region leaders agreed to include it in our constitution

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Yujin(m): 10:46am On Nov 26, 2019
kingkakaone:

Some guys were discussing about the civil war and most of them said the Yorubas through Awolowo hated them and supported the government against them.
I aksed them to tell me Zik's role during the war and they kept quiet until an old man among them said he betrayed Biafra.

I have also seen most comments from some fellas here calling Awolowo as a betrayer but never called out zik, their main man at that time for doing same.
The truth is, you can't cover your family member and insult someone else who did same thing they did.

I know unlearned and bitter souls will quote me with insults and I am waiting for them.
No learned Igbo man will fault this post of yours. That's why Zik despite his achievement for independence is not celebrated in Igboland. As for Obiano, he's doing it perhaps to curry favour with the government at the centre for his personal ambition. Zik I believe was a man that was sincerely wrong. I wish people could understand him. He never wanted to see a divided Africa even if it means selling away his family or even ethnic group. Awo and Bello were never like that. The British saw this and played him very well because it was him they feared most. Even in the thick of the war you could see him stand for a United Nigeria by calling Ojukwu - a dictator. Using words like rebels for his own people who are suffering and dying hoping that others could see what he had in mind but they could see nada. All they saw was a people including him that should be defeated and silenced. I would have believed in Nigeria and their narrative if they had supported Zik to be the President having sacrificed all these but alas, it wasn't to be so. This message should sink into the minds of all Igbos and other Eastern ethnic groups who think going against the consensus of your people to prove your loyalty to a Nigeria before the Hausa/fulani politicians is all a waste of time. You will be disgraced if not killed at the end. Didn't it happen to Isaac Adaka Boro? Didn't it happen to Gowon himself? Why did Dimka kill Murtala? Why did Gideon Orkar carry out the coup? What was his speech like? Obasanjo himself was almost killed despite his sacrifice for Nigeria save for providence. His presidential emergence was a trade off for the fulani led north to remain in power not because they loved him. Why is he complaining of recent? What about T.Y Danjuma? Is he not lamenting today? Biafra became a necessity today for most Igbos because they see Nigeria as hopeless and irredeemable. They don't have to hate anyone for that. We don't seek the failure of anyone. We just seek to be able to control our destiny in a country that we can plan ourselves. How calling Biafra translates to war beats my imagination? Did we declare war before? NO! The only thing we are saying today is that fulanis will not import their people from other countries to come take over our lands and they won't cage us as they're doing to others now. As for those aiding them despite how clear their evil plans are, we say; watch it. Time shall tell.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by naijadrivablog: 10:47am On Nov 26, 2019
Nothing Zik no go see for Zungeru.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 26, 2019
Yujin:

No learned Igbo man will fault this post of yours. That's why Zik despite his achievement for independence is not celebrated in Igboland. As for Obiano, he's doing it perhaps to curry favour with the government at the centre for his personal ambition. Zik I believe was a man that was sincerely wrong. I wish people could understand him. He never wanted to see a divided Africa even if it means selling away his family or even ethnic group. Awo and Bello were never like that. The British saw this and played him very well because it was him they feared most. Even in the thick of the war you could see him stand for a United Nigeria by calling Ojukwu - a dictator. Using words like rebels for his own people who are suffering and dying hoping that others could see what he had in mind but they could see nada. All they saw was a people including him that should be defeated and silenced. I would have believed in Nigeria and their narrative if they had supported Zik to be the President having sacrificed all these but alas, it wasn't to be so. This message should sink into the minds of all Igbos and other Eastern ethnic groups who think going against the consensus of your people to prove your loyalty to a Nigeria before the Hausa/fulani politicians is all a waste of time. You will be disgraced if not killed at the end. Didn't it happen to Isaac Adaka Boro? Didn't it happen to Gowon himself? Why did Dimka kill Murtala? Why did Gideon Orkar carry out the coup? What was his speech like? Obasanjo himself was almost killed despite his sacrifice for Nigeria save for providence. His presidential emergence was a trade off for the fulani led north to remain in power not because they loved him. Why is he complaining of recent? What about T.Y Danjuma? Is he not lamenting today? Biafra became a necessity today for most Igbos because they see Nigeria as hopeless and irredeemable. They don't have to hate anyone for that. We don't seek the failure of anyone. We just seek to be able to control our destiny in a country that we can plan ourselves. How calling Biafra translates to war beats my imagination? Did we declare war before? NO! The only thing we are saying today is that fulanis will not import their people from other countries to come take over our lands and they won't cage us as they're doing to others now. As for those aiding them despite how clear their evil plans are, we say; watch it. Time shall tell.
You are correct �. . Everything you pinpointed are facts that can't be thrown off.
As a SS, I never understood my dad when growing up. He always used these words, "I'd rather go with the igbos than go with the Hausas". He was in support of a divided Nigeria and his call was Biafra.
I listened to things he said about the war, he never casted any blames, he only said the powers that be preferred a community of people with no positive correlation whatsoever and it is our disadvantage.

Now I understand better because Nigeria with this kind of structure is on destruct.

I'm repeating my father's statement again, I'd rather support Biafra than call for a United Nigeria.
Let's divide and see who is holding each other back.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Ekpeitit(m): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2019
Masterclass32:
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has alleged that the late nationalist, Nnamdi Azikwe started the problems Igbo people are currently suffering in Nigeria.

Kanu made the claim while faulting claims that Azikiwe was one the greatest Igbos of his generation.

The IPOB leader recalled that Azikiwe once appealed to the French government to stop sending aides to Biafra because they were “rebels.”

A statement by IPOB spokesperson, Emma Powerful yesterday quoted Kanu as saying: “Many have been led to believe that, Zik was in fact, one of the greatest Igbos of his generation but in reality, he was the problem that, Igbos still suffer today in Nigeria.

“Just few days ago, it was discovered that Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe (Zik) appealed to the French Government to stop sending aid to Biafra referring to our people as rebels. The same Zik while speaking to the press in London during the war and rebelled Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu as a petty tyrant.

“Isn’t it ironic that, in spite of everything Zik did to sabotage our people’s struggle for freedom that, Governor Willy Obiano would declare a public holiday in Anambra State as to celebrate Zik’s birthday and thereby mocking the memories of those that, died during the genocide of 1967-70?

“The problem we have in Biafraland is that, the younger generation of our people who lack the true knowledge of history still refers to Zik as some human god whereas in reality, Zik was inspired by personal ambition according to Professor Chinue Achebe, in his book titled “THE TROUBLE WITH NIGERIA”.

“This is the mistake we are making with this current generation of governors, Ohaneze and Abuja based politicians. We never learn from history.

“Our people especially, the younger generation must stop patronizing the lies and propaganda regularly published on the pages of newspapers in a desperate attempt to keep Nigeria one at all cost and begin to carryout personal research as to independently discover the events that, occurred in the past.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/11/26/biafra-nnamdi-azikiwe-once-called-igbo-rebels-started-problems-we-are-suffering-nnamdi-kanu/
Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Ekpeitit(m): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2019
Who cares?
Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Magicians: 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
If you like u go with hell, where is your father audio clip to collaborate this nonsense you aim to sell or you think we are foolish enough to just take your words for it ?!

I can as well wake up n claim God almighty said we should all go the Biafra way ?! Does that make any sense to you ? Beside, who is your father in the scheme of things in Nigeria ?! Pls do not tell me he is a nobody even in his community ? Let's just pray he is not a nonentity all the same.

kingkakaone:

You are correct �. . Everything you pinpointed are facts that can't be thrown off.
As a SS, I never understood my dad when growing up. He always used these words, "I'd rather go with the igbos than go with the Hausas". He was in support of a divided Nigeria and his call was Biafra.
I listened to things he said about the war, he never casted any blames, he only said the powers that be preferred a community of people with no positive correlation whatsoever and it is our disadvantage.

Now I understand better because Nigeria with this kind of structure is on destruct.

I'm repeating my father's statement again, I'd rather support Biafra than call for a United Nigeria.
Let's divide and see who is holding each other back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by JonDon12: 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
I was looking for the video. Did not see it but this is something i know. People that call ojukwu a coward or a megalomaniac are deluded.

They don't remember all the massacres ibo had to endure. May 29 july 29 sept 29.
As the highest ibo military officer alive he was a target even though he was never a coupist. In fact after ogundipe ran away, he was the next highest military office more senior to gowon and should have been ruler.

But all ojukwu wanted was to protect his people. He did it by telling them to come back home to the east where he was military administrator.

This all people know. Only liars and genetic cowards think otherwise. Biafra will rise again

6 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Ojiofor: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
Zik could not even negotiate a cease fire agreement or any kind of soft landing for the Biafrans rather he was in support of federal government position on outright surrender.
After watching that video where Zik of Onitsha was speaking with anger against the Biafrans and calling Ojukwu all types of names I lost every bit of respect I have for him.He was the father of all sellouts we have today.

8 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by itsme01: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Fulmigati: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
JonDon12:
I was looking for the video. Did not see it but this is something i know. People that call ojukwu a coward or a megalomaniac are deluded.

They don't remember all the massacres ibo had to endure. May 29 july 29 sept 29.
As the highest ibo military officer alive he was a target even though he was never a coupist. In fact after ogundipe ran away, he was the next highest military office more senior to gowon and should have been ruler.

But all ojukwu wanted was to protect his people. He did it by telling them to come back home to the east where he was military administrator.

This all people know. Only liars and genetic cowards think otherwise. Biafra will rise again

This is why I don't take those apes in the north giving quit notice, serious. When Igbos went back to the east in massive numbers to build Biafra, war was brought to Biafra. If these clowns are serious about Igbos leaving their region, it must be done right.
Like they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

5 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
Magicians:
If you like u go with hell, where is your father audio clip to collaborate this nonsense you aim to sell or you think we are foolish enough to just take your words for it ?!

I can as well wake up n claim God almighty said we should all go the Biafra way ?! Does that make any sense to you ? Beside, who is your father in the scheme of things in Nigeria ?! Pls do not tell me he is a nobody even in his community ? Let's just pray he is not a nonentity all the same.

Your comment just defined you personality.
I gave my opinion and what I heard from my dad, why is it too tough for you when it has nothing to do with you?
I can see that you are in a dark web of confusion and frustration, I won't join issues with you.

Those who have knowledge to discuss on issues don't throw insults up and down.

7 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Uchek(m): 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
How did Zik betray Igbos?

kingkakaone:

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
Uchek:
How did Zik betray Igbos?

If by now you don't know that he never supported Biafra then I don't know what to tell you.

He raised the Nigerian flag to show his support for a United Nigeria instead of Biafra, his main issue is ojukwu.

He granted interviews calling his people names amongst other things.

2 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
So Zik was a villian simply because he didn't want his people to be slaughtered like chickens abi? and of course Ojukwu is the hero

4 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by BlowYourMind: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
It is the work of the hallucinating drug called buhari
Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Kapeter(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
uzohrome:
Well, we must continue
Kanu is right on this.

Zik is a useless greedy bastard and may he continue to rot in hell.

He was running helter sketer just to create one nigeria just for his own personal gain. Very greedy fellow.

1 Like

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Omoodua007: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
Kanu eyes have opened snd hopefully they will stop blaming awolowo

2 Likes

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by T9ksy(m): 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
nonoski:
I don't blame him.

He probably is if the rubbish coming from that part of the country is anything to go by.

Same way the late Ikemba was able to fool millions of them into engaging in a "chicken-run" that lead them into an early grave whilst Ojukwu absconded.

1 Like

Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
nonoski:
I don't blame him.
Is Kanu lying ?
Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by mrvitalis(m): 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
kingkakaone:

So u accept awolowo betrayed Igbo's ?
Re: "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" by Magicians: 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
Precisely I do not have issue to trash put with fools that their father is the basis of the lies. Did your father no tell you Awo didn't give you back your millions after the Biafra war ? Na today foolish Igbo father de talk nonsense on NL.

Next time you father tell you such nonsense, tell him to shut up. Do not come here to spread falsehood from your father or anyone else with thorough investigation to back up your Father's lies.

kingkakaone:

Your comment just defined you personality.
I gave my opinion and what I heard from my dad, why is it too tough for you when it has nothing to do with you?
I can see that you are in a dark web of confusion and frustration, I won't join issues with you.

Those who have knowledge to discuss on issues don't throw insults up and down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu's Cousin And Oshiomhole Ally Made APC Caretaker Committee / British High Commissioner To Nigeria Visits Tinubu In Lagos / Those who fought against ojukwu restructuring celebrating,pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.