Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,012 members, 7,835,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars (32745 Views)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / How To Drive Automatic Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Damysa(f): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2011
ok
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by vibe08(f): 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
Baba4u93,

Hi there, as with all else, i should thank you greatly for your help on this site and taking the initiative to start a great thread like this. i do have a suggestion though if this is ok with you and all other nairalanders, i strongly feel. if you have strong recommendations on specific mechanics as it relates to specific vehicles, i believe you should state it. with your knowledge i strongly feel you should know a good mechanic(s) to recommend to people.
Personally, i like to know if you or anyone else here knows a truthful mechanic arould ijesha/surulere axis for a toyota camry '04 model.

Just got a new toks, would imploy the service of AUTOBOSS diagnosis and would need a mechanic if anything arises.

Much appreciate and more grease to your wide elbows.
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by AKPOSIDUS: 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
I recently purchased a Mitsubishi galant Es 1997 and am a real novice as regards cars. all i know is kick, engage gear and drive. please can you enlighten me on what to expect from this car. is it a good buy at 139k miles for 450k?
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by kenimafido: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2011
Am in seriouse trouble with my infinity QX4 2003 jeep. It just wouldnt move
On idle mode it would rev quite high and screetch if turned higher but wouldnt move
above 45rev on drive, almost coming to a complete stop when climbing.
It sometimes stop on its own when running on idle mode.
I am in a real fix now.
PLEASE HELP!
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by earthrealm(m): 4:15am On Nov 11, 2011
kenimafido:

Am in seriouse trouble with my infinity QX4 2003 jeep. It just wouldnt move
On idle mode it would rev quite high and screetch if turned higher but wouldnt move
above 45rev on drive, almost coming to a complete stop when climbing.
It sometimes stop on its own when running on idle mode.
I am in a real fix now.
PLEASE HELP!

CHECK UR TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL, U CAN ALSO OPEN IT UP AND CLEAN/CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION OIL and FILTER, am assuming ur car is automatic transmission
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by kenimafido: 5:52am On Nov 11, 2011
Hank you very much fpr your response on this challenges I havem it is indeed an automatic car. But I have already checKed the transmission fluid level. I have also changed the fluid itself, yet no improvement. I think the only thing left now is the fluid filter. Somebody else suggested the air flow meter. Am still trying.
Once again thank yout
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by earthrealm(m): 9:29am On Nov 11, 2011
use petrol to wash the filter thoroughly, if you cant see a new filter, you cud also use a scan tool to chk the car for error codes.is the check engine light showing?
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by adeoyelola: 12:29am On Feb 23, 2012
Baba, thanks for the good work, God will solve your problems too insha Allah. I just bought an 02 Nissan maxima with 150k mileage and auto, after using it for a month, my mechanic suggest that i change my transmittion fluid, which i did, since then my gear has problems from changing from gear 2 to 3, its reves up without accelerating before changing to gear 3, but all others changes fine, what can i do about it sir, I'm suspecting the transmittion fluid used because prior to the service, my gear works fine. What do you suggest ? I work in ibadan
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by earthrealm(m): 9:06am On Feb 23, 2012
stop driving the car immediately and change the fluid, u cud google for the correct fluid to use, honda/nissan are notorious for being choosy on tranny fluid
@adeoyeola

1 Like

Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Carwahala: 2:38am On May 11, 2012
Help! My camry 2.2 98 is giving me headache. Idles erratically,stalls and quits when I brake or sometimes quits while moving. Yesterday it kept revving as if it's a shift gear in gear 1. Can an electric fault affect the tranny? What could be wrong?
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2012
Ur car needs proper scan or u don't knw hw 2 fix it call 08023352829 or 08032016668 also u can reach via bbm pin 2314aa26
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2012
Hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2012
Hi ppl
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Ngutor(m): 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
Good day sirs. Please I need urgent assistance. I
drive a honda accord 1999 model with no
transmission issues for a long time. I traveled and
left it for a friend only to come back to discover
that the reverse gear does not engage. When you
put the car to reverse you only hear a terrible
nosie and it dosent move but the forward
movement is ok. Please can anybody help me by
giving me a probable cause and remedy. Thank
you guys
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by baba4u93(m): 9:03am On Jul 05, 2012
Hi ngutor, I am pretty sure dat d reverse leather clutches r gone just unfortunate dat it happens while d car was wit ur friend it could hav been u, 2 tins u need 2 do if u can take it 2 gear expert 2 fix wit a warranty or replace it
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Chineduogbojo95: 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2018
How to maintain your car generally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhBLtF3Ncmk

1 Like

Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Chineduogbojo95: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
How to maintain your car generally especially when you want to travel especially this Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhBLtF3Ncmk
Re: Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars by Kayharry(m): 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tesla Unveils The World’s Cheapest Fully Electric Car At N11 Million / Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope / Check Out The Latest Toyota Hilux 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.