Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Ibos Refused To Co-operate, - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibos Refused To Co-operate, (3893 Views)

Insecurity: El-Rufai Reveals Why States Must Co-Operate / Wike: Criminals Terrorising Rivers Operate From Anambra / Court Grants Victor Giadom Access To Operate As APC Acting Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Rajman45(m): 6:31am On Nov 27, 2019
joeyfire:

The coup plotters were all arrested. Even Ifeajuna that was in Ghana was brought back and locked up by Ironsi's government. Their case was under investigation by Police Special Branch
After six months of rooming the nation free..
U called it arrest. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by PicLtd: 6:37am On Nov 27, 2019
Innuendos...

Check our signature for Do-it-yourself DNA test..
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by kwalangida1: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
grin

Ibos lost the war for trying to annex territories that doesnt want them

[/s]
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Ezeama400: 7:28am On Nov 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:

cheesy grin
When Ibos hear Benjamin...before you say Ade.... They are already farting and shitting in trouser.

They dont like that name at all....they tremble with fear.

Its obvious that you are as ignorant and unfortunate like OP ( The Impostor himself)
Stop displaying your ignorance here..

Benjamin Adekeunle was in charge of 3rd Marine commando where he was busy engaging in genocide in the present Akwa Ibom and Cross River today where he was targeting civilians women and children included hence the rancour he had with Obasanjo till his death in 2014... ( I attached the link on the ist page)

I never wanted to comment until I saw where he thanked Benjamin Adekunle who committed an unprintable atrocities in Akwa Ibom and Cross River state where he was assigned, that is when I got to know that the OP is an Impostor. Go there and mention Benjamin Adekunle let me see the eyes the people of Akwa Ibom and Cross River state would give you.

Meanwhile, Adekule had no business with Igbos

2 Likes

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by OfoIgbo: 8:43am On Nov 27, 2019
Igbo:

Yet again, here comes someone that didn't take advantage of the Almajiri education introduced by GEJ.

Please go and study before you get into an argument with me.

Nzeogwu was already in detention. Go and read Obasanjo's book or consult archives. Ifeajuna ran away to Ghana, but most of those involved in that January 15th 1996 coup were all arrested, detained and were awaiting trial, pending the conclusion of the task Ironsi gave to Gowon.

Now, regarding all this your threat about what will happen if Buhari is made to rightly face justice, please reserve those threats for Yorubas. You are talking about Igbos here. Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna and the others did not even consult with the Igbos before they bumped off Sardauna who was like a god to the northerners, let alone what will happen, when the generality of Igbos agree to go against the WASC-less Buhari. On such a day, just pray that a Kanu-like Igboman doesn't catch him, as he will suffer a fate more gruesome than Samuel Doe of Liberia. You can go and pray that it will be a more civilized Igbo group that goes after him. The heavens will not fall. Any rubbish from the core north, Igbos will expel Fulanis from Nigeria or declare them non-citizens, or carry out Orkar's removal of certain states from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Area4Area: 10:17am On Nov 27, 2019
Igbo:

You don't need to be angry with some kids here, remember that history has off the school curriculum for decades now
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Area4Area: 10:21am On Nov 27, 2019
gidgiddy:

That episode haunted Ojukwu for a long time. He almost felt like he sent his people to their deaths.

Ojukwu fought for the freedom of his people from the British colonial contraption called Nigeria. He may not have succeeded but there is no shame in fighting for freedom. It is a great honour for one to fight for his freedom

History revisionist, same British colonial contraption that Zik against all suggestion and advice refused to let go, Ironsi did same.
You'd never blame such people but would be quick to blame others, from the British to the Yorubas to the Hausas.

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Area4Area: 10:25am On Nov 27, 2019
Ezeama400:

I was reading with interest until I came across this ...

Its either you are an IMPOSTOR despite claiming not to be faceless or your ignorance is incurable and it would lead you to your political Golgotha...

Benjamin Adekunle ?

In fact, "IMPOSTOR ALERT" !!!.. You are an IMPOSTOR

You can never be from where you claim to come from.. Never !!
This one has exposed you.

If you want to be a good impostor, study the history of the people you want to impersonate very well before engaging in this kind of Show of shame

Ask yksee and Nonsowow your brothers who are impersonating Igbos( Anambra ) on this forum how they do their own

And lastly, if you go off line, you are likely to find out that all your efforts and that of your colleagues are just exercise in futility..

Someone up there have called you Yoruba, and I won't be surprised if you are such..

https://www.nairaland.com/4024724/how-benjamin-adekunle-murdered-28

Don't forget to clap for yourself for a dirty job well done Mr Akwa\ Cross wannabe
Don't ever call out my former moniker out yyeske for no reason, next time ........
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Area4Area: 10:28am On Nov 27, 2019
joeyfire:

The coup plotters were all arrested. Even Ifeajuna that was in Ghana was brought back and locked up by Ironsi's government. Their case was under investigation by Police Special Branch
.....under investigation from January to July 1966 when Ironsi was assassinated but that of Adaka Boroh was concluded by Ironsi in about two months
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by joeyfire(m): 11:12am On Nov 27, 2019
Area4Area:
.....under investigation from January to July 1966 when Ironsi was assassinated but that of Adaka Boroh was concluded by Ironsi in about two months

Like comparing a kitten to a siberian tiger. The Nzeogwu coup took place all over the country and destroyed the government. Boro only looted one or two police stations, blew one or two pipelines and kidnapped one or two people. Besides Gowon who was in charge of the investigation was busy planning a coup.

3 Likes

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Area4Area: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2019
joeyfire:

Like comparing a kitten to a siberian tiger. The Nzeogwu coup took place all over the country and destroyed the government. Boro only looted one or two police stations, blew one or two pipelines and kidnapped one or two people. Besides Gowon who was in charge of the investigation was busy planning a coup.
How long should it have taken him to try and sentence them?
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by gwafaeziokwu: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

Can you see you are not wise. The guy you quoted is obviously from Akwa Ibom.

Check all his past post on Nairaland and you will be able to deduce he is actually from the SS.

If yorubas now chose to deal with you on this thread now you will be crying and trying to appeal of sympathy. You can as well attack the guy’s ethnic group and let the Yorubas off the hook in peace.

I don't even know what you are feeling like @legendhero. Oya bring it on. Make Igbos cry on this thread. I am waiting.
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by LegendHero(m): 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

I don't even know what you are feeling like @legendhero. Oya bring it on. Make Igbos cry on this thread. I am waiting.

So where do we start from.

Is it from the clueless guy that mentioned Yorubas unprovoked on this thread while an AkwaIbomite was the author of the said thread.

Why is it that the Igbos are afraid to face the SS’ner and instead always divert any thread authored by them as a tool for attacking the Yorubas?

Is it because of the slavery mentality that was borne out due to crude oil? This is the same reason why Ojukwu singlehandedly sacrificed million of his kinsmen to a war of crude oil while masking under the banner of emancipating his people.

There is a video of Ojukwu I had where he was discussing about the crude oil in the Eastern region to the international press and one could clearly deduce from his statement that the war is just a war of oil and ego.

Face the Akwa-Ibom guy and leave us out of this. I will be watching in the background!
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by gwafaeziokwu: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

So where do we start from.

Is it from the clueless guy that mentioned Yorubas unprovoked on this thread while an AkwaIbomite was the author of the said thread.

Why is it that the Igbos are afraid to face the SS’ner and instead always divert any thread authored by them as a tool for attacking the Yorubas?

Is it because of the slavery mentality that was borne out due to crude oil? This is the same reason why Ojukwu singlehandedly sacrificed million of his kinsmen to a war of crude oil while masking under the banner of emancipating his people.

There is a video of Ojukwu I had where he was discussing about the crude oil in the Eastern region to the international press and one could clearly deduce from his statement that the war is just a war of oil and ego.

Face the Akwa-Ibom guy and leave us out of this. I will be watching in the background!

Is that all? You got your fingers on the damn oil afterall so what's your pain 50 years after. According to you Igbos fought an oil war not an existential one. Over 30,000 Igbo souls lost in the pogrom was too insignificant to cause even a common riot? Again Igbo land is a feudal society not a republican culture therefore one maniac could unilaterally declare war out of nothing and the rest of his zombie subject will follow suit without asking questions. REALLY! !!

"Slavery borne out of crude oil" Are you making reference to your people that cling to 9 to 5 salary jobs as a life line or the Chinedu and Arinze who care not about who was allocated what in the economy because by half of the month he is controlling 50% of the cake shared in Abuja. grin

Face your front and leave Igbos out of your rabid madness. Shoe get size you hear.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by LegendHero(m): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Is that all? You got your fingers on the damn oil afterall so what's your pain 50 years after. According to you Igbos fought an oil war not an existential one. Over 30,000 Igbo souls lost in the pogrom was too insignificant to cause even a common riot? Again Igbo land is a feudal society not a republican culture therefore one maniac could unilaterally declare war out of nothing and the rest of his zombie subject will follow suit without asking questions. REALLY! !!

"Slavery borne out of crude oil" Are you making reference to your people that cling to 9 to 5 salary jobs as a life line or the Chinedu and Arinze who care not about who was allocated what in the economy because by half of the month he is controlling 50% of the cake shared in Abuja. grin

Face your front and leave Igbos out of your rabid madness. Shoe get size you hear.

You mean the Chinedu selling gala on the street of Ibadan or Chibuzor selling Otapiapia on the street of Ilesha?

I care less about what you wrote up there and I don't have any sympathy to give to none of you. Initially, both the Igbos and the Hausa/Fulanis are the genesis of Nigeria problem. Both of you share the same ideology, just that because the Igbos are more educated than the Hausa/Fulanis, some of those traits are not more pronounced.

Both of you guys:
Have the ethnic dominating mindset at the core of your reasoning
Religious fanaticism and intolerance
Nomadic lifestyle of moving in droves across regions

You both singlehandedly dragged this nation into an endless war based on ego massaging and you now turn to appeal to pity by calling out the pogrom of the Igbos in the north. What about the one your barrack boys did such that after murdering all other tribe leaders they still proceed to mock them with the corpses. Is that too little to overlook also?

Well things will get better soon. I know this country will break up such that the Yorubas can be free of people like you that we share no ideology or any similarities with. Its just a little time more!

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by joeyfire(m): 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
Area4Area:
How long should it have taken him to try and sentence them?

If the investigation panel overseen by Gowon had submitted their report the trial would have been able to start.

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by gwafaeziokwu: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

You mean the Chinedu selling gala on the street of Ibadan or Chibuzor selling Otapiapia on the street of Ilesha?

I care less about what you wrote up there and I don't have any sympathy to give to none of you. Initially, both the Igbos and the Hausa/Fulanis are the genesis of Nigeria problem. Both of you share the same ideology, just that because the Igbos are more educated than the Hausa/Fulanis, some of those traits are not more pronounced.

Both of you guys:
Have the ethnic dominating mindset at the core of your reasoning
Religious fanaticism and intolerance
Nomadic lifestyle of moving in droves across regions

You both singlehandedly dragged this nation into an endless war based on ego massaging and you now turn to appeal to pity by calling out the pogrom of the Igbos in the north. What about the one your barrack boys did such that after murdering all other tribe leaders they still proceed to mock them with the corpses. Is that too little to overlook also?

Well things will get better soon. I know this country will break up such that the Yorubas can be free of people like you that we share no ideology or any similarities with. Its just a little time more!

Who is appealing your pity? An Igbo man? Guy we have seen it all in Nigeria and the least tribe we can look upon for pity is the west side. Your heartlessness is historic. I am just taking you on your very clownish reason the war was fought. Oil war! How does it even sound to you.

A puppet Gowon who couldn't give and enforce an order to stop the pogrom that has lasted for four good months, refused to honour the Aburi agreement, couldn't lift a finger to help the east take care of their refugees especially the badly wounded had the effontery to divide the eastern region. A typical African leader who prefer to choose politics over humanity. That was the first item on the to do list handed over to him by his masters. Do you know the remaining items on that list?

Then he would appoint a military governor to replace Ojukwu along the line and Igbo land will be left vulnerable for further Jihad by Muritala Mohammed and J T Danjuma who has become cult heroes in the north for using the instrument of state warfare to commit genocide on hapless civilians. Ojukwu read history as first degree. He knew he was dealing with feudal lords who once they see your blood spilt will bay for more.

Wether we went to war or not Igbos were doomed to a bleak future because the government at the centre had no desire nor capacity to protect them. There was no sympathy from other tribes apart from some of our brothers in the south south. Igbophobia was rife in the polity.

Of course we had to take our destiny into our hands, rather to die on our feet than live begging on our knees.

We are proud of that decision. We know who killed those millions we lost in the war. It was not the people's general.

Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, you are a hero forever. Continue to rest in peace Ikemba.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by LegendHero(m): 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

Who is appealing your pity? An Igbo man? Guy we have seen it all in Nigeria and the least tribe we can look upon for pity is the west side. Your heartlessness is historic. I am just taking you on your very clownish reason the war was fought. Oil war! How does it even sound to you.

A puppet Gowon who couldn't give and enforce an order to stop the pogrom that has lasted for four good months, refused to honour the Aburi agreement, couldn't lift a finger to help the east take care of their refugees especially the badly wounded had the effontery to divide the eastern region. A typical African leader who prefer to choose politics over humanity. That was the first item on the to do list handed over to him by his masters. Do you know the remaining items on that list?

Then he would appoint a military governor to replace Ojukwu along the line and Igbo land will be left vulnerable for further Jihad by Muritala Mohammed and J T Danjuma who has become cult heroes in the north for using the instrument of state warfare to commit genocide on hapless civilians. Ojukwu read history as first degree. He knew he was dealing with feudal lords who once they see your blood spilt will bay for more.

Wether we went to war or not Igbos were doomed to a bleak future because the government at the centre had no desire nor capacity to protect them. There was no sympathy from other tribes apart from some of our brothers in the south south. Igbophobia was rife in the polity.

Of course we had to take our destiny into our hands, rather to die on our feet than live begging on our knees.

We are proud of that decision. We know who killed those millions we lost in the war. It was not the people's general.

Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, you are a hero forever. Continue to rest in peace Ikemba.

Like I said, I don't give a bleep about how you feel or the hero you wish to celebrate. You have the right to celebrate Ojukwu coz he fought for your liberation based on what you said.

However, I also reserve the right to not accord Ojukwu any heroic honor because to me he was a man whose ego dragged his people to an insane war that claimed millio of his people. He knows he does not have the machinery and alliance to fight the Federal side but yet he sold the propagandist theory of Awo siding with the Biafrans and an Imaginary Biafra weaponry might to deceive his people.

He ought to be charged for genocide coz who the bleep go to war without the neccessary planning. He had no food supply, no meaningful ally, just propaganda. He deserves no honor coz he had the audacity to run away at the height of the war that killed 3million of his people. He came back later to contest for the presidency of a country he fought and sacrificed his people for. Such a depravity!

Ojukwu campaigned for Shagari openly when he came back from exile, I have the videos with me and I can share it with you if you want. How could you campaign for the same fulani hegemony that massacred your people not too long ago? Do you see he deserves no honor?

Like I said, You have the right to term Ojukwu a hero, BUT I also have the right to term him a coward!.

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by gwafaeziokwu: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
LegendHero:

Like I said, I don't give a bleep about how you feel or the hero you wish to celebrate. You have the right to celebrate Ojukwu coz he fought for your liberation based on what you said.

However, I also reserve the right to not accord Ojukwu any heroic honor because to me he was a man whose ego dragged his people to an insane war that claimed millio of his people. He knows he does not have the machinery and alliance to fight the Federal side but yet he sold the propagandist theory of Awo siding with the Biafrans and an Imaginary Biafra weaponry might to deceive his people.

He ought to be charged for genocide coz who the bleep go to war without the neccessary planning. He had no food supply, no meaningful ally, just propaganda. He deserves no honor coz he had the audacity to run away at the height of the war that killed 3million of his people. He came back later to contest for the presidency of a country he fought and sacrificed his people for. Such a depravity!

Ojukwu campaigned for Shagari openly when he came back from exile, I have the videos with me and I can share it with you if you want. How could you campaign for the same fulani hegemony that massacred your people not too long ago? Do you see he deserves no honor?

Like I said, You have the right to term Ojukwu a hero, BUT I also have the right to term him a coward!.

That is were you got it wrong my good friend. You fought the war on the other side so you have no business regarding my general as a hero. The same way I will never recognise Gowon or Awolowo as heroes because of obvious reasons. Honour your heroes let me honour mine. But forcing that " he led millions of your kinsmen to death" and " he is a coward" mantra down our throats is really disgusting. You lots have repeated it so often yet generations of Igbo has not and will never buy it. So let it rest already.

You expected him to hide inside a rock after his heroic return from exile or form a guerilla army to continue the Biafra agenda? In one breath he was egoistic he refused to form alliances to help his cause, in another one why did he form alliance with a northerner? Why did he jettison emotion and went for full integration of his people into mainstream Nigerian politics?

Good night @LegendHero. Your case pass my power

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by LegendHero(m): 7:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

That is were you got it wrong my good friend. You fought the war on the other side so you have no business regarding my general as a hero. The same way I will never recognise Gowon or Awolowo as heroes because of obvious reasons. Honour your heroes let me honour mine. But forcing that " he led millions of your kinsmen to death" and " he is a coward" mantra down our throats is really disgusting. You lots have repeated it so often yet generations of Igbo has not and will never buy it. So let it rest already.

Nice. We should both honor our heroes.

Gracias!
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Area4Area: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
joeyfire:

If the investigation panel overseen by Gowon had submitted their report the trial would have been able to start.
Ironsi was the Oga at the top then, if he wanted a speedy report, it would've been done.
How are we sure he wasn't the one delaying the whole process?

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by gwafaeziokwu: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
What happened was that Nigerians decided that they would like to put a final solution to Igbo problem. They unleashed a massacre. We tried to contain them; they unleashed a second wave more vicious than the previous one. I looked upon the situation, did the best I could for our people who were scattered all over Nigeria. I said okay, this is our boundary. If you can find your way back to within this area, whatever there is within this area would be shared amongst all of us. You have as much right here as anybody who happened to be here. That actually is another way of seeing the declaration of Biafra and they had a goal and aim in their flight. The other thing to bear in mind is that we didn’t really wage a war. What we did was resist Gowon’s coup d’état and I hope that he would enter the Guinness Book of Records as the person who has waged a coup longer than any body else because the whole three years, he was actually trying to legitimize his coup.
9 July, 2001, as quoted by Rudolph Okonkwo, My Last Interview With Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu - Rudolf Okonkwo, Sahara Reporters (26 November, 2011)

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by MetaPhysical: 1:26am On Nov 28, 2019
gwafaeziokwu:

You are proud of psychopatic war criminal. Anyway the Akwa Ibomites and crossriverians are reading as their supposed lovers dance in their ancestors grave. Nothing concern Igbo man with Adekunle. Him no reach.

grin grin
You try sef. Their fathers already told them who Adekunle was. No need to stress the point. If it wasnt for people like Adekunle, Akwa Ibomians and Cross Riverians would be speaking Biafran Ibo language now. Adekunle stopped the Biafran shyyte!

Nna, from now on, Adekunle is your conqueror and you must address him in full ranks...Brigadier General Benjamin Adekunle! Anything less is unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by MetaPhysical: 1:47am On Nov 28, 2019
dboss12:
To Colonel Benjamin Adekunle , I say Bravo!
God had sent you save our people,

Biafrans take note! angry
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by gwafaeziokwu: 4:01am On Nov 28, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin
You try sef. Their fathers already told them who Adekunle was. No need to stress the point. If it wasnt for people like Adekunle, Akwa Ibomians and Cross Riverians would be speaking Biafran Ibo language now. Adekunle stopped the Biafran shyyte!

Nna, from now on, Adekunle is your conqueror and you must address him in full ranks...Brigadier General Benjamin Adekunle! Anything less is unacceptable.

Here is an excerpt of the interview your psychopatic brother granted to an European journalist. Dude was too mad to differentiate between who is Igbo and who is not. The Niger Deltan opened the doors for federal forces unfortunately a certain mad dog was leading the assault. He mowed down anything that was moving , Ijaw, Ibibio, Annang, Efik absolutely any thing.

STERN: What are your troops doing when they march into a town around Port Harcourt, an area where most of the farmers are not Ibos?

ADEKUNLE: We aim at everything that moves.

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by Pessimist: 4:51am On Nov 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

So this nigeria today is your god original plan ? ..wow your god must be daff

They call their god "Lord Lugard"
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by joeyfire(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2019
Area4Area:
Ironsi was the Oga at the top then, if he wanted a speedy report, it would've been done.
How are we sure he wasn't the one delaying the whole process?

Why have they not released it until today? Or is Ironsi still delaying the process from his grave? Gowon was Army Chief of Staff and was on the panel overseeing the investigation during the day but plotting a coup by night. What do you expect
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by dboss12(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2019
On May 30th 1967, Three days after the creation of states, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, With ambition to be called a head of state, With full support of only his Ibo race, To make us completely the Ibo wives, Declared former Eastern Nigeria, Federal Republic of Biafra.
He boasted to the entire world, "no power in Black Africa, Can subdue the Republic of Biafra," He shruggled his shoulders with pride, And move about with pomp.
Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by dboss12(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ibo people breathed an air of freedom,
They relaxed with ease to enjoy their kingdom,
They called their Biafra an impregnable nation,
Chukwuemeka an unprecedented hero.
Ibo Civil servants and policemen,
Who robbed the Federal Government,
And fled to Eastern Nigeria,
Jumped for joy and clapped their hands,
"Ojukwu the Genius, we worship thee,
We are now free from facing the charge."

Ibo ex- federal and Regional Ministers,
Danced to rythm around the corner,
Drank with big cups and enjoyed with others,
They proposed the toasts of Odumegwu Ojukwu, "We are now free from Yakubu Gowon,
No more probe to our ill-gotten wealth,
Emeka Ojukwu has rescued all of us."
Ibos rejoiced everywhere,
South-Eastern were forced against their will,
By Ibo oppressors to answer Biafrans,
While they were yet Nigerians.

Our sufferings increased beyond bounds,
We were whipped like Jamaican slaves,
Our children were sent out of schools,
Some conscripted into the Ojukwu Army,
Our wives and daughters rapes at will,
We were helpless with flowing tears.

Ibo people boasted to us,
"We are the blessed nation of the world,
We are the true Israelites of the old,
Nigerians would not stand our strength,
We were the back bone of the Nigerian Army."

On July 6th 1967,
Ojukwu pressed the red light for war,
He commanded his soldiers out for fight,
Each soldier to return to their capital town,
With ten Hausa heads in hands.

Gowon could no longer wait,
He signalled to his gallant men,
To penetrate with care to Enugu Town,
To capture Ojukwu to face the charge,

Gowon soldiers proved their valour,
That Rebels had never had their way,
They Marched forward to do the job,
Rebel troops fled in disarray,
And lost their grips in every front.

1 Like

Re: Ibos Refused To Co-operate, by dboss12(m): 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
Federal soldiers forced ahead, They proved superior at all the fronts, They captured Nsukka and other Towns, Bonny was a blow to the Ojukwu troops.
Bonny storm shook Calabar, Ojukwu soldiers panted with fear, Ibos in Calabar staggered about, Many sent their wives and children home, Elder Dempster Launches carried overload, They worked for weeks to clear the queues.
Many Ibomen who were about to go, Were forced to wait in Calabar, They were taught the art of war, They were given the guns to hide, To wait for the appointed day.
Ibo private meeting was held in Calabar, And was addressed by their Army Commander, "Don't be afraid my fellow men, Federal troops cannot enter here, Everything is done to secure the Town, Go on with your normal lives, We are here waiting for them.
But if in case they come to fight, Before they succeed to enter here, We shall leave Calabar a desert, Obudu, Ogoja and lkom mistakes, shall no more repeat itself."
Ibo people nodded their heads with joy, They shouted Ibo queno! many a time, They laughed with others and shook their hands, They went back to their houses with hope, To remain for ever and ever here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vanguard: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Disowns Nnamdi Kanu on Destruction of Yoruba Assets / The Nigerian Army Must Not Kill Civilians As Revenge~pictures / Soyinka Wants Orisa Worshippers To Visit Yar’adua !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.