Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer (3336 Views)

ATBU Student Agbaidu Joseph Killed Trying To Recover Girlfriend Bag From Robbers / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed / Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer by CrEaToRmalden(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
I went extra miles to discover a way to get my money back from a scammer. Here is what I did that you should do same to get your money back.

Step 1
Contact Your Bank Immediately

Most frauds would mostly always concern the bank. However, if yours did not concern the bank, you should skip this step.

For those whose case concerns the bank, like credit card scam, you always have a chance with your bank. When a fraud occurs, like it did to me, I chatted up my bank immediately via the Twitter handle. Fortunately, they responded in about 3-minute time. I disclosed the incident to the bank and ask how to get my money back from a scammer. The bank wasn’t negative about the incident and did not rain blames on me at all.

What the Bank Does in the Process
First, I complained to them that I made a transaction with a fake online store and I need a reversal. They asked for the account details of the scammer which I provided and they promised to look into case. But how? Here is how they look into the case.

They immediately made contacts with the beneficiary's bank (if it’s a different bank that handles the scammer’s account). The essence of this contact is to alert them of a problem. And if the scammer hasn’t had his hands on the money yet, the bank freezes the account.

Fast Forward
The bank requested for a police report for the process to continue since it deals with a person’s bank account. Now, here is where it’s going to get a bit messy. However, threading with caution and focus will bust the scammer in no time.

Step 2
Contact the Appropriate Agency

Knowing quite well a police report is needed in the fight, don’t hesitate. It should cost just few hours to get one ready. And the police department will certainly consider the situation as critical and look to help. Also, this is a time when you have to submit the scammer details to the police or appropriate agency in your town. I did not wait for them to demand for it because ‘common sense’ made me know so.

Requesting for a Police Report
If you live in an advanced or urban location in Nigeria, you should be able to apply for the report online. My location did not provide such service, and even if they did, it will be slow, that's if they respond. To help myself, I hastened things and did not sit back to do nothing.

I recommend visiting the closest police or appropriate agency in your neighbourhood. If there is provision for online forms, that’s better. Just download and fill the form to reduce the stress when you arrive at the station.

Ask for direction to the building that renders such services. Go there and check their requirements. The station I used needed the form to be filled alongside the scammer bank details. I provided the details and submitted the form. The man on counter asked a few questions and included them in the report. Few minutes later, it was ready.

Note: Some stations might take longer to process the information and get back to you.

Your only hope should be to find yourself at a police department that does not processes complaints in batches. Real-time processing is the best as you do not have to return the next day or week.

Step 3
Submission of Report and Publishing Scammer Details

With the police report in your palms, you’re closer to recovering your money from the scammer. Leave the report at the bank, tell them how cast down you are and leave them to handle the rest. If need be, the bank will contact you either by mail messaging, phone call or SMS.

While waiting, it’s time to strike fear into the scammer’s mind. Visit the top Nigerian forums, websites, social media platforms, etc. and publish their details. At this point, you have killed their personality and they already live with a tainted image. The situation is even rosier if you have their photo(s) to publish alongside and tag as ‘scammer’. Only an ignorant scammer will not realize how much damage you’ve hit their social personality.

Step 4
Use Tracker Software

how to recover money from a scammer
Tracking a Scammer
The scammer who messed me was fortunate to find his details and photos I published everywhere. He immediately got back to me with threats to take down his photos. You know what I did? I laughed at his life which will soon turn disastrous.

During his waste of time, I used tracker software to monitor his location and get the best possible data. Being that his GPS (Global Positioning System) was off, it was difficult to get an accurate location data. However, the data I could get was enough to aid the agency in charge with their duty.

I highly recommend the use of this software. I used mine on a PC and I’m very sure there are a few for mobile phones. If you’re interested, I can provide you a link to get the software and have that scammer busted.

Step 5
Press On!

Agencies and banks will withdraw once your concern and campaign go off. It can take months but you will win, trust me. It took me hours to figure out how to recover money from a scammer and months to recover. The two months wasn’t bad and I can call that period successful months.

The scammer did not hand over the money in person instead, the bank made refunds and that’s from their wallet. Whatever happened between the scammer versus the bank and the police doesn’t concern me because I have my money back. Moreover, most persons are ignorant of the customer refund policy discharged by banks. This sort of policies allow customers to enjoy certain benefits like recovering lost money to scammers and all of that.

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO
On the course of this fight, these are the things or actions you should avoid to boost your chances.

1. Don’t Engage in Flimsy Conversations
For the short while that the scammer is yet block you, avoid flimsy conversations. Do not message or talk in a manner that high-rises their hope. Enter no negotiation and wave off their powerless threats. State clearly that they are thieves and won’t get away with the deed. While doing this, try using trackers, as I suggested above, to see if you can get positives. Also, do whatever thing is possible within the short time because they will block you very soon. If it’s on Facebook, get every possible data from their ‘About’ and cut communications even before they do so.

2. Avoid Using Threats
Employing the use of threats will not help the situation. In cases where a scammer is caught, they might issue the chats to the police to complicate things. For instance, if the chat contains death threats from you, the police will be forced to question your integrity. And you know, you might end spending big or have a serious case with the scammer. Just avoid threats and be plain with your manner of communication with the scammer.

3. Reveal Nothing to the Scammer
Anger may sometimes manipulate your mind. Even if you’ve involved the army in the fight, keep it away from the scammer. Trust me, the scammer will attempt to use tricky measures to extract information from you. That is, they want to know your steps so as to be careful with how they make movements. If it’s difficult for them, they’ll cut you off and be on the watch with an unstable mind. And if they still into knowing your actions, you’re done for. They will use that details to cover their path throughout the findings.

That's that and within some days, depending on luck, your money should be refunded. The scammer may or may never have things go his way.
I have few things for you here. wink
https://topwritersden.com/how-to-recover-money-from-a-scammer/

Read more on https://www.howyoudoo.com

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer by SpyAC(m): 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2019
Great one, I lost mine many months ago, but couldn't recover it I just let it go, pls I would like to get the tracker
Re: How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer by SIRRITE: 4:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lost here when i bought a laptop from a guy, did not see laptop my money
Re: How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer by iamJ(m): 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer by Catchfirez: 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
Dey decieve yourself you go only catch the one you fit catch. All this epistle wey you write, before you start to waka am. You go don tire. No be Nigeria.
Re: How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer by 2cribz: 6:47am On Aug 30, 2020
Are we abroad. Just forget your nonsense epistles,your bank did a refund to you the moment police report was tendered .,na sim card dia technology reach. E no pass like that. Sim card tracking.like say our own police na fbi or cia. Even the sim tracking sef na luck.
Re: How To Recover Your Money From A Scammer by EbubeMiraclee: 4:20pm On Jan 15
[quote author=CrEaToRmalden post=84386062]I went extra miles to discover a way to get my money back from a scammer. Here is what I did that you should do same to get your money back.

Step 1
Contact Your Bank Immediately

Most frauds would mostly always concern the bank. However, if yours did not concern the bank, you should skip this step. Please how

For those whose case concerns the bank, like credit card scam, you always have a chance with your bank. When a fraud occurs, like it did to me, I chatted up my bank immediately via the Twitter handle. Fortunately, they responded in about 3-minute time. I disclosed the incident to the bank and ask how to get my money back from a scammer. The bank wasn’t negative about the incident and did not rain blames on me at all.

What the Bank Does in the Process
First, I complained to them that I made a transaction with a fake online store and I need a reversal. They asked for the account details of the scammer which I provided and they promised to look into case. But how? Here is how they look into the case.

They immediately made contacts with the beneficiary's bank (if it’s a different bank that handles the scammer’s account). The essence of this contact is to alert them of a problem. And if the scammer hasn’t had his hands on the money yet, the bank freezes the account.

Fast Forward
The bank requested for a police report for the process to continue since it deals with a person’s bank account. Now, here is where it’s going to get a bit messy. However, threading with caution and focus will bust the scammer in no time.

Step 2
Contact the Appropriate Agency

Knowing quite well a police report is needed in the fight, don’t hesitate. It should cost just few hours to get one ready. And the police department will certainly consider the situation as critical and look to help. Also, this is a time when you have to submit the scammer details to the police or appropriate agency in your town. I did not wait for them to demand for it because ‘common sense’ made me know so.

Requesting for a Police Report
If you live in an advanced or urban location in Nigeria, you should be able to apply for the report online. My location did not provide such service, and even if they did, it will be slow, that's if they respond. To help myself, I hastened things and did not sit back to do nothing.

I recommend visiting the closest police or appropriate agency in your neighbourhood. If there is provision for online forms, that’s better. Just download and fill the form to reduce the stress when you arrive at the station.

Ask for direction to the building that renders such services. Go there and check their requirements. The station I used needed the form to be filled alongside the scammer bank details. I provided the details and submitted the form. The man on counter asked a few questions and included them in the report. Few minutes later, it was ready.

Note: Some stations might take longer to process the information and get back to you.

Your only hope should be to find yourself at a police department that does not processes complaints in batches. Real-time processing is the best as you do not have to return the next day or week.

Step 3
Submission of Report and Publishing Scammer Details

With the police report in your palms, you’re closer to recovering your money from the scammer. Leave the report at the bank, tell them how cast down you are and leave them to handle the rest. If need be, the bank will contact you either by mail messaging, phone call or SMS.

While waiting, it’s time to strike fear into the scammer’s mind. Visit the top Nigerian forums, websites, social media platforms, etc. and publish their details. At this point, you have killed their personality and they already live with a tainted image. The situation is even rosier if you have their photo(s) to publish alongside and tag as ‘scammer’. Only an ignorant scammer will not realize how much damage you’ve hit their social personality.

Step 4
Use Tracker Software

how to recover money from a scammer
Tracking a Scammer
The scammer who messed me was fortunate to find his details and photos I published everywhere. He immediately got back to me with threats to take down his photos. You know what I did? I laughed at his life which will soon turn disastrous.

During his waste of time, I used tracker software to monitor his location and get the best possible data. Being that his GPS (Global Positioning System) was off, it was difficult to get an accurate location data. However, the data I could get was enough to aid the agency in charge with their duty.

I highly recommend the use of this software. I used mine on a PC and I’m very sure there are a few for mobile phones. If you’re interested, I can provide you a link to get the software and have that scammer busted.

Step 5
Press On!

Agencies and banks will withdraw once your concern and campaign go off. It can take months but you will win, trust me. It took me hours to figure out how to recover money from a scammer and months to recover. The two months wasn’t bad and I can call that period successful months.

The scammer did not hand over the money in person instead, the bank made refunds and that’s from their wallet. Whatever happened between the scammer versus the bank and the police doesn’t concern me because I have my money back. Moreover, most persons are ignorant of the customer refund policy discharged by banks. This sort of policies allow customers to enjoy certain benefits like recovering lost money to scammers and all of that.

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT DO
On the course of this fight, these are the things or actions you should avoid to boost your chances.

1. Don’t Engage in Flimsy Conversations
For the short while that the scammer is yet block you, avoid flimsy conversations. Do not message or talk in a manner that high-rises their hope. Enter no negotiation and wave off their powerless threats. State clearly that they are thieves and won’t get away with the deed. While doing this, try using trackers, as I suggested above, to see if you can get positives. Also, do whatever thing is possible within the short time because they will block you very soon. If it’s on Facebook, get every possible data from their ‘About’ and cut communications even before they do so.

2. Avoid Using Threats
Employing the use of threats will not help the situation. In cases where a scammer is caught, they might issue the chats to the police to complicate things. For instance, if the chat contains death threats from you, the police will be forced to question your integrity. And you know, you might end spending big or have a serious case with the scammer. Just avoid threats and be plain with your manner of communication with the scammer.

3. Reveal Nothing to the Scammer
Anger may sometimes manipulate your mind. Even if you’ve involved the army in the fight, keep it away from the scammer. Trust me, the scammer will attempt to use tricky measures to extract information from you. That is, they want to know your steps so as to be careful with how they make movements. If it’s difficult for them, they’ll cut you off and be on the watch with an unstable mind. And if they still into knowing your actions, you’re done for. They will use that details to cover their path throughout the findings.

That's that and within some days, depending on luck, your money should be refunded. The scammer may or may never have things go his way.
I have few things for you here. wink
https://topwritersden.com/how-to-recover-money-from-a-scammer/

Read more on https://www.howyoudoo.com[/quotep]please I need your help please reply ASAP

(1) (Reply)

How We Withdraw And Spend Dead People's Money / Just Got This On My Bb Now That "yobe States Is Boiling Now" / Photos Of Cultists donating Iron Shelter To Traffic Police In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.