Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? (1393 Views)

Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? / Can The North Survive On Their Own? / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
At the wee hour of yesterday, i had an escape velocity of the mind to an unknown area of the planet and why their,ray of questions flashes through my heart and amongst these are, how can the country surve without oil, can the north survive without oil and can nigeria remain as one without oil? Just recently, electric cars are coming out in triples rather than in twinkles, many coutry are looking for a way to survive without oil. Not quite long, a dogmatic country like saudi arabia have hosted alot of social activites and planning to do more in the future as a means of embracing the new world reality. Yet, nigeria is still thinking of ruga, toothpick company nepoticsm and death penalty for a hate speach rather for lotters, terrorist etc. With the above, do u thinks the coutry can remain as one withouu oil? Thanks
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by Fulmigati: 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
Aside from the oil, th only thing propping Nigeria up is the British/EU/American world rulership. That is why fall of the west needs to happen sooner than later. So we can go our separate ways.
It was British who created Nigeria, instructed Gowon to go against Aburi accord and supplied most arms to Nigeria government.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=Fulmigati Aside from the oil, th only thing propping Nigeria up is the British/EU/American world rulership. That is why fall of the west needs to happen sooner than later. So we can go our separate ways.
It was British who created Nigeria, instructed Gowon to go against Aburi accord and supplied most arms to Nigeria government. SO, OIL IS THE GLUE HOLDING NIGERA
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by lodscott(m): 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
That's a hell of an inflammable adhesive

2 Likes

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 5:46pm On Nov 26, 2019
That's a hell of an inflammable adhesive. HMMMMM!!!

1 Like

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by wwwihy: 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
It is the North that produces most of the foods eaten in Nigeria.

Don't argue with me, but your ancestors.

95% of the Northern Populace do not benefit directly from oil just like the Southern counterpart. So they careless, whether it exists or not.

But if the North stops bringing in rice, tomatoes, groundnut oil, maize, onions, pepper, meat, yams, potatoes, beans etc, for just one day, everybody in the South will be complaining, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

It is only in the North, you hear about dry season farming... a place with lesser rain than the south but they produce more in hundred folds.

Some of you educated illiterates that never travelled , will just sit down and write rubbish... try and take a tour to the other part of the country.

To hell will oil and ignoramus

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by plaindealer: 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Another ignorant, tribalistic and bigoted ipob thread.

There's more to life than tribalism, bigotry and ignorance.
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Don't argue with me, but your ancestors. SO, WHY ARE THEY DYING FOR POWER?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 5:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=plaindealer Another ignorant, tribalistic and bigoted ipob thread.

There's more to life than tribalism, bigotry and ignorance. I ONLY ASK QUESTION. WHY THE INSULT?
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by gidgiddy: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
wwwihy:

Don't argue with me, but your ancestors

Do they produce it for free? Anyone can buy food anywhere in the world if you have the money. I have eaten rice from Japan and tomato from Europe.

Anyone can by food anywhere

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
Do they produce it for free? Anyone can buy food anywhere in the world if you have the money. I have eaten rice from Japan and tomato from Europe.

Anyone can by food anywhere ASK AM FOR ME O

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by plaindealer: 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
[s]
AghaAguike:
[quote author=plaindealer Another ignorant, tribalistic and bigoted ipob thread.

There's more to life than tribalism, bigotry and ignorance. I ONLY ASK QUESTION. WHY THE INSULT?
[/s]

Please stop, like we don't know you people and your silly and tribalistic obsession with the North and other parts of Nigeria.

We know where you are heading, it's another rubbish attempt to insult and denigrate the North to comfort your tribal and bigoted ego.

Is there a corner of Nigeria that doesn't benefit from oil and resources from other parts of Nigeria? What about your own region? What do you produce that's of any significance in the grand scheme of things?

You are not better than the rest of the country, in fact, you are far far behind so stop the ignorant and tribalistic rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by stonemasonn: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Let's tell ourselves the truth, even the south south won't survive without oil.

6 Likes

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
I did mean to hurt anybody. is just a just question. more view pls. OAM4J, Mynd44. help out.
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
Let's tell ourselves the truth, even the south south won't survive without oil. ARE U SURE?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by gidgiddy: 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
AghaAguike:
At the wee hour of yesterday, i had an escape velocity of the mind to an unknown area of the planet and why their,ray of questions flashes through my heart and amongst these are, how can the country surve without oil, can the north survive without oil and can nigeria remain as one without oil? Just recently, electric cars are coming out in triples rather than in twinkles, many coutry are looking for a way to survive without oil. Not quite long, a dogmatic country like saudi arabia have hosted alot of social activites and planning to do more in the future as a means of embracing the new world reality. Yet, nigeria is still thinking of ruga, toothpick company nepoticsm and death penalty for a hate speach rather for lotters, terrorist etc. With the above, do u thinks the coutry can remain as one withouu oil? Thanks

Oil is the only thing keeping Nigeria together. If there had been no oil, the North would see no point to "one Nigeria"

Had Oil been in the North and not the South, the North would have declared "Arewa Republic" long before Ojukwu declared Biafra and there would not be anything called Nigeria today

I laugh at those who believe in the unity of Nigeria, they dont know it's all about Oil and gas

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Oil is the only think keeping Nigeria together. If there had been no oil, the North would see no point to "one Nigeria"

Had Oil been in the North and not the South, the North would have declared "Arewa Republic" long before Ojukwu declared Biafra and there would not be anything called Nigeria today

I laugh at those who believe in the unity of Nigeria, they dont know it's all about Oil and gas. BEAUTIFULL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by obidark: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
AghaAguike:

nigeria is not realy that dependent on oyel as you think....
oyel is not that important to nigeria....
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by jahsharon: 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
Go and find out whether the North has existed before your oil or not. It is like asking whether you can survive without Instagram or Twitter or not. Have you not been existing before Social Media? This same oil is the reason why you all are lazy and unwilling to work. When all countries of the ban petrol or diesel cars and electric cars become the only cars available, you people will be drinking your oil and sniffing your gas. China has already set a date for the total eradication of petrol/diesel cars, the EU is putting finishing touches to his own legislation on total eradication of petrol/diesel cars, US and Canada too are putting finishing touches to their own legislation on total eradication of petrol/diesel cars. Very soon, very very soon, oil will become cheaper than sand.

At that time that oil will be all over your land with no one to take it for free, we shall see how you will get money to buy food stuffs which are produced in the North since you do not plant anything in your region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by lionshare: 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
To better understand the economy of Nigeria compare the total federal government budget for 2019 with total GDP of same year. Also, further compare the non-oil sector with represents 90% of the GDP with oil sector which is about 10%.

The above should clearly tell you that the northern states are more viable in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=lionshare To better understand the economy of Nigeria compare the total federal government budget for 2019 with total GDP of same year. Also, further compare the non-oil sector with represents 90% of the GDP with oil sector which is about 10%.

The above should clearly tell you that the northern states are more viable in the long run.TIME SHALL TELL.
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
jahsharon:
Go and find out whether the North has existed before your oil or not. It is like asking whether you can survive without Instagram or Twitter or not. Have you not been existing before Social Media? This same oil is the reason why you all are lazy and unwilling to work. When all countries of the ban petrol or diesel cars and electric cars become the only cars available, you people will be drinking your oil and sniffing your gas. China has already set a date for the total eradication of petrol/diesel cars, the EU is putting finishing touches to his own legislation on total eradication of petrol/diesel cars, US and Canada too are putting finishing touches to their own legislation on total eradication of petrol/diesel cars. Very soon, very very soon, oil will become cheaper than sand.

At that time that oil will be all over your land with no one to take it for free, we shall see how you will get money to buy food stuffs which are produced in the North since you do not plant anything in your region.
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by AghaAguike(m): 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
MORE VIEW PLS
Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
wwwihy:

95% of the Northern Populace do not benefit directly from oil just like the Southern counterpart. So they careless, whether it exists or not.

But if the North stops bringing in rice, tomatoes, groundnut oil, maize, onions, pepper, meat, yams, potatoes, beans etc, for just one day, everybody in the South will be complaining, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

It is only in the North, you hear about dry season farming... a place with lesser rain than the south but they produce more in hundred folds.

Some of you educated illiterates that never travelled , will just sit down and write rubbish... try and take a tour to the other part of the country.

yes they provide huge quantity of foods which isnt for free to southerners by the way.

Trust me any tribe in south can take back farming if the need arises, its just a question of laziness and let the "primitive slaves in north" do the farming.

So tell me the northerns are not benefitting from the roads, schl, etc they get due to oil money

I doubt if a drop of those north farm products are even taxed cos they are north, so its returns doesnt contribute to amentities the south enjoys

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by plaindealer: 12:13am On Nov 27, 2019
Mikecold:
yes they provide huge quantity of foods which isnt for free to southerners by the way.

Trust me any tribe in south can take back farming if the need arises, its just a question of laziness and let the "primitive slaves in north" do the farming.

So tell me the northerns are not benefitting from the roads, schl, etc they get due to oil money

I doubt if a drop of those north farm products are even taxed cos they are north, so its returns doesnt contribute to amentities the south enjoys

And all the federal projects in the east including the ongoing 2nd NB is not due to oil money?

Is it not oil money that's paying workers' salaries in all your salary only states in the SE?

Is it not oil money that's paying the salaries of all your federal reps, ministers, MDA directors and constituency projects in the SE so what's your ignorant point?

Do you contribute more than the North? Who are you to even call other people primitive slaves?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10599238_photogrid15519560871608914927765296133871_jpege5d6243c2682891f17a64f2413afe5ee

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7819207_421992337409987362335925734817874682314752n_jpeg2cd5983b9b441e9361f2807720a8daa5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10295506_efy1tocxsaaawmp_jpeg_jpegc18c8fbbbde291dd66f93b4cfbe70231

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10295509_efy1tocxsae8mv2_jpeg_jpegf8721adf9330e5b60b54b12225c301ca

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is how backward and primitive you are..

2 Likes

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by richie240: 12:43am On Nov 27, 2019
wwwihy:

Pls tell them o.
Its ds unitary system of govt DT has made each region lazy, running cap in hand to abuja.
Each region was doing very well in their own rights till d greedy lots scattered everything in '66
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by IGBOSON1: 1:38am On Nov 27, 2019
wwwihy:

You're capable of all this yet you're sticking to the south like an adhesive....yet you go ape anytime you hear 'Biafra', and send down your soldiers to murder agitating youths in cold blood!

Give me a break! sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by IGBOSON1: 1:42am On Nov 27, 2019
richie240:

Pls tell them o.
Its ds unitary system of govt DT has made each region lazy, running cap in hand to abuja.
Each region was doing very well in their own rights till d greedy lots scattered everything in '66
undecided

Quit sounding like a deceitful moro'n!

'Greedy lots' scattered everything in 66 (always your fallback excuse), but you've been in power ever since and not bothered to revert things back to how they used to be! Just say you prefer the status-quo as it is and stop pretending!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by 9jawear(m): 1:45am On Nov 27, 2019
gidgiddy:

Oil is the only thing keeping Nigeria together. If there had been no oil, the North would see no point to "one Nigeria"

I laugh at those who believe in the unity of Nigeria, they dont know it's all about Oil and gas

He has a valid point you know

1 Like

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by richie240: 2:01am On Nov 27, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Quit sounding like a deceitful moro'n!

'Greedy lots' scattered everything in 66 (always your fallback excuse), but you've been in power ever since and not bothered to revert things back to how they used to be! Just say you prefer the status-quo as it is and stop pretending!

Lolz.....always pointing the finger at others. Why should I help u ''revert things back to how they used to be"? Why couldn't ur adopted 'son' 'Azikiwe' revert it for 5 yrs he was in power (2011-2015) when u had d opportunity? After all SE/SS is 'one'.
#Hypocrite!

You shd blame and hold ur greedy forebears responsible.....some of them r still alive.
Tell them to 'revert' it!

2 Likes

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by IGBOSON1: 2:19am On Nov 27, 2019
richie240:

Why should I help u ''revert things back to how they used to be"?

You shd blame and hold ur greedy forebears responsible.....some of them r still alive.
Tell them to 'revert' it!

Like i said, quit sounding like a deceitful moro'n!

You just said things were changed for the worse by 'my greedy forbears'! My forebears were last head of state in 1966! Your lot have been in power since then! So how come you haven't changed things back to how they were...even as we hear strident calls from the south for restructuring the polity and reverting back to pre '66 constitution? I'll tell you why you haven't bothered changing anything: it's because you leeching, parasitic, evil, two-faced bastards are comfortable with things just the way they are! What you do to try and deflect blame when Nigerias' current socio-political and economic challenges are in focus is to point at the Igbos and say what their grandfathers did in 1966 is the reason why you refuse to act and cahnge things for the better today! See how pathetic you sound?

This fool i'm quoting is aware Nigeria is facing challenges today but says nothing can be done because Ndigbo (yes he accuses all Ndigbo as if we voted for Nzeogwu to go out and do what he did)....b'cos Ndigbo locked up the solution to Nigerias' problems in 1966 and melted the key! Fuc'king idio't!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? by richie240: 2:30am On Nov 27, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Like i said, quit sounding like a deceitful moro'n!

You just said things were changed for the worse by 'my greedy forbears'! My forebears were last head of state in 1966! Your lot have been in power since then! So how come you haven't changed things back to how they were...even as we hear strident calls from the south for restructuring the polity and reverting back to pre '66 constitution? I'll tell you why you haven't bothered changing anything: it's because you leeching, parasitic, evil, two-faced bastards are comfortable with things just the way they are! What you do to try and deflect blame when Nigerias' current socio-political and economic challenges are in focus is to point at the Igbos and say what their grandfathers did in 1966 is the reason why you refuse to act and cahnge things for the better today! see how pathetic you sound?

This fool i'm quoting is aware Nigeria is facing challenges today but says nothing can be done because Ndigbo (yes he accuses all Ndigbo as if we voted for Nzeogwu to go out and do what he did)....b'cos Ndigbo locked up the solution to Nigerias' problems in 1966 and melted the key! Fuc'king idio't!

Lolz....always resorting to insult in a simple dialogue.
As my ppl use to say, "a million words can't fill a basket".

You are asking others to help u " revert it to how it used to be" when you yourselves had d greatest opportunity to do so when ur 'son' cheesy was in power for 5 yrs (from 2011_2015). Nwannem, how hypocritical!

Once again, I'll ask u to 'demand' from ur greedy progenitors to 'revert it to how they used to be'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now That Sowore Has Been Released, Struggle To Free Nigeria Continues Tomorrow / Supreme court stands down Judgement on Imo Governorship Election / AMOTEKUN: Confusion As AGF Disagrees With VP, South West Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.