Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? (4404 Views)

Che Oyinatumba: Support Sowore Instead Of 'Capitalist' Peter Obi / Can The North Survive And The Nation Remaians As One Without Oil? / Can The North Survive On Their Own? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by proeast(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2023
Tinubu's sweeping policies have hit Nigerians hard, but many don't even understand the dire situation faced by Northerners, particularly NE and NW. For a region that has always enjoyed subsidy in almost everything, from fuel, to education, electricity, health etc. what is happening now may lead to famine and chaos. This region is already the world's worst performing in terms of maternal mortality, extreme poverty, infant mortality, illitracy, insecurity, under 5 mortality, out of school children, pervasive malnutrition etc.

Consider the facts below:

1. Fuel 500 in South & 700 in North post fuel subsidy.

2. From free/cheap electricity to very expensive electricity post power sector subsidy.

3. From dirt cheap tertiary education to paying hundreds of thousands post educational subsidy.

4. There was inadequate health facilities and low patronage during health subsidy so I wonder how the situation will be post health sector subsidy.

If Southerners are complaining bitterly then you can only imagine the crises that is about to hit Northern Nigeria. Unfortunately, most of them don't even understand how gloomy things are for them except few of their educated elite like Sanusi Lamido.

So, I ask, would Northern Nigeria survive Tinubu's extreme capitalist economy?

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by N3TRAL: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2023
The Northerners produce what they eat (plant and animals).

The Northerners do not patronize non-essential Foreign imports like clothing, wine, furniture, etc. For instance, the wardrobe of an average poor northerner is made of locally produced traditional wears and cap.

Basic education in the North has relied basically on NYSC members for human resources. Basic and secondary schools would still go on as it is.

My short experience in the Nigerian public sector furnishes my conclusion that indigent undergraduates of northern heritage are more likely to access student loans. Firstly, because their prominent natives who qualify as guarantors will mostly sign their loan papers than their southern counterparts. Secondly, most of them fall within the demography of those the loan policy is designed for as they are more likely to lack means to further their education and the desire to emigrate.

If they want to travel interstate or down to the South, they'll join trailer-trucks conveying agricultural goods down to the South. A poor northerner travels that way, with or without subsidy.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by CodeTemplar: 9:51am On Jul 03, 2023
They are best positioned to enjoy whatever is thrown at Nigerians generally. They have the tag of poorest of the poor yet have all the food, cheap housing, good roads, and fair amount of healthcare.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by bjdon: 9:58am On Jul 03, 2023
This is a very valid question. The level of poverty in the North is already extreme. Not show how they'll cop with all these policies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by 4evayours: 10:04am On Jul 03, 2023
That is the position their leaders want them to be and they don't want to liberate themselves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by misano(m): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2023
If they can't survive then they should all die. If they didn't complain about Buhari they should not try to complain under Tinubu.

14 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Depriest2020: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2023
Don't worry about North, North is fine ok.
Think and worry about your region, even if power don't return to the north in the next 50yrs, North would still be fine.

Petrol is 530 here not 700. Food is cheap in the North, house rent is cheap, transport fare is cheap to compare with other regions, the average northerner is contented with the little he has and let's nothing worry him. The north has more than a thousand billionaires in dollars not naira, forget Forbes listing just Dangote & Abdulsalmad Rabiu as the only dollar billionaires.

North is heavily diversifying into production.
POP Cola, beverages is giving coca-cola a-run-for-their-money here in the North.
Aspira company has given PZ a-run-for-their-money, PZ has anounced they would quit production of toiletries. google about POP beverages and Apira company to learn more about North diversifying to production, there's many more companies here that I can't immediately name them all.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by PlayMaker14: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2023
When Obi was talking about utilizing the vast land in the North for food production, some Agbado influencers said he was mocking the North....

Down here in the South, (Even before the mistake called Tinubu was selected by Manhood Yakubu) we pay more tax...

Now, the North will see Shege with this "Widen Tax Net" policies.

They keep on repeating same mistakes every when it's election period.

#TheNorthRemembers

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by misano(m): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2023
N3TRAL:

The Northerners do not patronize non-essential Foreign imports like clothing, wine, furniture, etc. For instance, the wardrobe of an average poor northerner is made of locally produced traditional wears and cap.

Basic education in the North has relied basically on NYSC members for human resources. Basic and secondary schools would still go on as it is.

My short experience in the Nigerian public sector furnishes my conclusion that indigent undergraduates of northern heritage are more likely to access student loans. Firstly, because their prominent natives who qualify as guarantors will mostly sign their loan papers than their southern counterparts. Secondly, most of them fall within the demography of those the loan policy is designed for as they are more likely to lack means to further their education and the desire to emigrate.

So how will they pay the loans? By selling carrots on wheelbarrows. Anyway, they should not complain o. Buhari was there and the managed it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by helinues: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2023
Gaslighting.

Northerners are too smart to fall for this cheap gimmick

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by N3TRAL: 10:22am On Jul 03, 2023
misano:

So how will they pay the loans? By selling carrots on wheelbarrows. Anyway, they should not complain o. Buhari was there and the managed it.

They'll get government jobs before you.

Nepotism in the public service places them in a better position to get EFCC, DSS, FIRS , NDLEA, immigration, etc jobs without paying a dime or knowing anybody (2 personal/inside experiences this year alone).
Practical example: If you're from Kebbi State and you recently became a lawyer (2019- February 2023) and you're not working at any of the above departments or the federal ministry of Justice, you have yourself to blame.

It's not a good thing but it is the Nigerian reality.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Ogamysamo: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2023
everybody will feel the heat, if north survived buhari, north will survive tinubu.
north thing is new to the north.
fear north,
but are you being considerate or you're mocking, cause i don't even know you stand right now.. but if you're being considerate. thank you and fear north all will be well. but if you are mocking still worry north all will be well.
north survived buhari, it will survive any government.

9 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by EmeeNaka: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2023
Every part of Nigeria is under severe economic pressure reminiscent of US led sanctions.

4 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Sharpsharp00123: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2023
Depriest2020:
Think and worry about your region, even if power don't return to the north in the next 50yrs, North would still be fine.

Petrol is 530 here not 700. Food is cheap in the North, house rent is cheap, transport fare is cheap to compare with other regions, the average northerner is contented with the little he has and let's nothing worry him. The north has more than a thousand billionaires in dollars not naira, forget Forbes listing just Dangote & Abdulsalmad Rabiu as the only dollar billionaires.
u forget to tell him that u don’t sit at home on mondays in d north

18 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Sharpsharp00123: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2023
PlayMaker14:
When Obi was talking about utilizing the vast land in the North for food production, some Agbado influencers said he was mocking the North....

Down here in the South, (Even before the mistake called Tinubu was selected by Manhood Yakubu) we pay more tax...

Now, the North will see Shege with this "Widen Tax Net" policies.

They keep on repeating same mistakes every when it's election period.

#TheNorthRemembers
u igbos n wailing are inseparable

Just like Siamese twins

13 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Sharpsharp00123: 10:30am On Jul 03, 2023
helinues:
Gaslighting.

Northerners are too smart to fall for this cheap gimmick
don’t mind d igbos, their cheap propaganda have failed in south so they want to take propaganda to d north who no send them

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2023
There is a region in Nigeria that never sells Petrol at an official rate but always very high due too the wickedness that flows in their blood. grin

8 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Madmohamed1: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2023
proeast:
Tinubu's sweeping policies have hit Nigerians hard, but many don't even understand the dire situation faced by Northerners, particularly NE and NW. For a region that has always enjoyed subsidy in almost everything, from fuel, to education, electricity, health etc. what is happening now may lead to famine and chaos. This region is already the world's worst performing in terms of maternal mortality, extreme poverty, infant mortality, illitracy, insecurity, under 5 mortality, out of school children, pervasive malnutrition etc.

2. From free/cheap electricity to very expensive electricity post power sector subsidy.

3. From dirt cheap tertiary education to paying hundreds of thousands post educational subsidy.

4. There was inadequate health facilities and low patronage during health subsidy so I wonder how the situation will be post health sector subsidy.

If Southerners are complaining bitterly then you can only imagine the crises that is about to hit Northern Nigeria. Unfortunately, most of them don't even understand how gloomy things are for them except few of their educated elite like Sanusi Lamido.

as long as Nigeria is concern no region should favor one to another the north produce more president than south more billionaire and millionaire than South more political criminal than south.
The problem is that the northern politicians want to keep their people in poverty so they can control them and use them for political purpose

1 Like

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by proeast(m): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2023
N3TRAL:

If they want to travel interstate or down to the South, they'll join trailer-trucks conveying agricultural goods down to the South. A poor northerner travels that way, with or without subsidy.

Aside the fact that you're glorifying their multidimensional poverty, here are other facts you overlooked;

1. Traditional Northern wears are mostly brocade and they're from textile mills which they have to pay for, not locally produced.

2. They sell the food they produce to enable them buy other basic things. Now price of those basic needs have all skyrocketed beyond their reach.

3. Farm produce will need to be transported with expensive fuel. It will affect their profit margins badly. If they decide to increase their prices too much to accommodate it, they risk not making enough sales.

4. Most Northern farmers have no storage facilities. They must sell their perishable farm produce once they're harvested or risk incurring losses. This makes them to sell at very low rates during peak season and have nothing to fall back on afterwards.

5. In education, I'm talking about tertiary where the subsidy was removed. Prior to that, Imo, Anambra or Delta each often have more university enrollment than the entire NW or NE. If they were having such abysmal enrollment prior to education subsidy removal, what do you think will happen now?

All I see is a very gloomy picture ahead for NW and NE.

4 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by misano(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2023
N3TRAL:

They'll get government jobs before you.

Nepotism in the public service places them in a better position to get EFCC, DSS, FIRS , NDLEA, immigration, etc jobs without paying a dime or knowing anybody (2 personal/inside experiences this year alone).
Practical example: If you're from Kebbi State and you recently became a lawyer (2019- February 2023) and you're not working at any of the above departments or the federal ministry of Justice, you have yourself to blame.

It's not a good thing but it is the Nigerian reality.

So U think those jobs will be enough to help the millions of youths from the North.

See the North will abandon education and huge majority will become poor. I don't think they are complaining sha so I don't care.

We should focus more on our regions, the country together is going no where.

3 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by proeast(m): 10:36am On Jul 03, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
u forget to tell him that u don’t sit at home on mondays in d north

Sit at home doesn't mean anything in the long run, if only you understand economics.

The UK has since been arguing for reduction of workdays, because it has its own benefits!

Even many states in Nigeria now want to reduce workdays to 3 or 4, so stop making blind arguments.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by dontiky: 10:37am On Jul 03, 2023
bjdon:
This is a very valid question. The level of poverty in the North is already extreme. Not show how they'll cop with all these policies
i was born and raised in the north and have also lived in the south and I can tell you that northerners are not poor as you guys think. They produce what they eat and wear them while people in the south depend on job to eat. So tell me who it will affect the most. What southerners don’t know is that an attack on farmers by bandits and herdsmen in the north means scarcity of food for all

11 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by proeast(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2023
misano:

So U think those jobs will be enough to help the millions of youths from the North.

See the North will abandon education and huge majority will become poor. I don't think they are complaining sha so I don't care.

They're not complaining simply because they're mostly uneducated or too famished to reason proactively. Only few of their educated elite like Sanusi Lamido understand their gloomy outlook.

2 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by N3TRAL: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2023
misano:

A serving Faculty of Law President of a Public Northern University showed me his large farm that generates about 7 million naira monthly. That was in 2018. He had a slender physical figure and hadn't bought his first car yet.

Don't pity Northerners. They're better businessmen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by helinues: 10:42am On Jul 03, 2023
proeast:

Aside the fact that you're glorifying their multidimensional poverty, here are other facts you overlooked;

1. Traditional Northern wears are mostly brocade and they're from textile mills which they have to pay for, not locally produced.

2. They sell the food they produce to enable them buy other basic things. Now price of those basic needs have all skyrocketed beyond their reach.

3. Farm produce will need to be transported with expensive fuel. It will affect their profit margins badly. If they decide to increase their prices too much to accommodate it, they risk not making enough sales.

4. Most Northern farmers have no storage facilities. They must sell their perishable farm produce once they're harvested or risk incurring losses. This makes them to sell at very low rates during peak season and have nothing to fall back on afterwards.

5. In education, I'm talking about tertiary where the subsidy was removed. Prior to that, Imo, Anambra or Delta each often have more university enrollment than the entire NW or NE. If they were having such abysmal enrollment prior to education subsidy removal, what do you think will happen now?

All I see is a very gloomy picture ahead for NW and NE.

You have all those solutions for north yet na ordinary illiterate kids are locking everyone at home in your region every Monday which is today.

How can you people be thinking you have what it takes to solve others problems but are just clueless about solving yours?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by proeast(m): 10:43am On Jul 03, 2023
Madmohamed1:
as long as Nigeria is concern no region should favor one to another

They've been so used to pampering until now that Tinubu has removed their feeding bottle with aggressiveness.

That region would be worse than Somalia in the coming months if their leaders fail to look inwards.

1 Like

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by joyandfaith: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2023
misano:

Next government of northern extraction would cancel the debt.
Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Opolopoopolonio: 10:52am On Jul 03, 2023
proeast:

Fuel is NOT 700 in the north! angry

7 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Madmohamed1: 10:55am On Jul 03, 2023
proeast:

They've been so used to pampering until now that Tinubu has removed their feeding bottle with aggressiveness.

That region would be worse than Somalia in the coming months if their leaders fail to look inwards.
the south should prepare to handle more terrorist from North

2 Likes

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by SmartPolician: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2023
Well, the Muslim North is already used to suffering; they see it as a way of life. The only exception is the political class and the rich among them. We see many of them down South.

As for me, we should be more interested in the South where people believe that leaders ought to improve the quality of life of their people.

1 Like

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by ebufa: 11:14am On Jul 03, 2023
Depriest2020:

North is heavily diversifying into production.
POP Cola, beverages is giving coca-cola a-run-for-their-money here in the North.
Aspira company has given PZ a-run-for-their-money, PZ has anounced they would quit production of toiletries. google about POP beverages and Apira company to learn more about North diversifying to production, there's many more companies here that I can't immediately name them all.

yet children in the north are sniffing septic tank fumes and young girls pop out kids at tender ages of 12 years and get their birth canals destroyed in the process! northern Nigeris is the poverty capital of the entire known universe........una no serious!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would North Survive Tinubu's Extreme Capitalist Policies? by Adurax: 11:15am On Jul 03, 2023
The entire country is affected

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet T.B. Joshua Finally Revealed His True Identity During His Crusade / Getting Rid Of Tinubu Remains The Number 1 Challenge For Buhari Administration / Photos: Umu Obiligbo Perform At Flavour Free Concert In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.