Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,755 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:44 AM

Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court (21938 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Depressed101: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Jakpon:
The allegation against Allen Onyeama is a calculated attempt by the US Justice Department to marginalise we Igbos. America is jealous of we Igbos because we are the one that developed America. 99% of the mansions in America belongs to we Igbos. AMERICA IS NO MANS LAND!!
hediot

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Flier: 11:38am On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:
You see this country will never move forward. Why are they trying so hard to bring this man down?. A man that single handedly brought Nigerians that were stuck in SA during the xenophobic attack. He spent millions doing a humanitarian job just to do good and here they are digging up his mistake in order to ensure his downfall.

God will vindicate him. If not for anything, for the sake of the sacrifices he has made in this country.
Read your post again it sound as if you live in the rock.Who is trying to bring him or what is wrong with Nigerians? The fact is he is a fraudster but I think Nigeria should not extradict him because non of this countries can extradict their citizen to face prosecution abroad
The government have to do everything to defend him and Air Peace,though I believe he need to resign from the company in order not to taint the company image

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 27, 2019
Sanchez01:

Funny, never thought of this...

Being convicted and serving a jail term in the US doesn't erase the justice awaiting him in the Canadian legal system as both countries are very different and only share borders.

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Kennyswagz1(m): 11:40am On Nov 27, 2019
Guyman02:
If you are Yoruba please dont comment on this topic, it will always turn into tribal bashing. Allow other people to air their views. Tribalism is eating us deeply. There are other topics on FP that you can talk about.
The bias is obvious, see most of those above who rushed to comment seem to have found him guilty even before US courts have not fixed a date for hearing and this is not fair on a fellow citizen
so na only yoruba comments? Foolish goat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by faithscharms(f): 11:41am On Nov 27, 2019
It is so unfortunate for this man to be in this situation because he is a good man and genuinely has the interest of Nigerians at heart unfortunately a lot of people don't like good but evil because the heart of Man is DESPERATELY wicked. But Onyema why did you get your hands dirty? crybecause this move your lawyer is making just simply says you have skeletons in your cupboard embarassed..I sincerely pray and hope you get out of this mess God will see you through sir.

Abeg for cheap Self contained apartment in Abuja check my signature..You can also be a house owner in Abuja for as low as 3million and this houses are withing town,information is power..if u know u know. Be smart and own a house in the FCT and within town too not outskirts. cheap cos sellers are in need of fast cash so call now.
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by teepain: 11:43am On Nov 27, 2019
Sanchez01:

grin

I think I just realized... Gazzy88, sorry oooo... Seems you took a bullet not meant for you grin

� Make una dey cool down small na, Nigerian's body too dey hot.

Honestly, this penchant for trying to defend accused persons based on tribal affiliations needs to stop.

I have never seen any of these accused people that was accused of stealing or comitting fraud claim they did so on behalf of their kinsmen.

Our people should understand that the indictment of an individual does not amount to the indictment of a whole tribe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by DexterousOne(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2019
[quote author=Sanchez01 post=84407374]
The question, though rhetorical, should be directed at those who see this and similar others as an attempt to cripple the Igbo people

Don't play dumb
You know this tribalism thing plays both ways
I read some disappointing comments from some Yoruba commenters saying all manners of things.
Very easy of you to leave that part out..

He should...

Yes he should

So you're saying he shouldn't again because issues will always be seen from a tribalised viewpoint?

I'm not saying so
you are interpreting that wrongly

The dumb Afonjas and every Nigerian stood up to defend Onyema when the first report of his indictment came out. Everything changed the moment his kinsmen started attacking Afonjas alongside the Nigerian government of being responsible and trying to frustrate the Igbo people. Guess what happened after...

undecided

We both know that is not true

I used to be naive and was a non-tribalist until some retired Flat.ties, namely Afam4eva and the likes saw intelligent arguments from tribal angles. And the lesser intelligent ones resorted to name calling and threats. It wasn't so long before I morphed into one.

Interesting

My point? The victimization mentality, marginalization, persecution mindset and open support for crime just because he is one of us belongs to the Igbos. No matter how good someone is, you are no longer that way if your record is tainted with criminal allegations. Onyema should go and answer to his case and trying to use the head of Nigerians. I respected him a whole lot up until now and I'm fast beginning to see him for the fraud that he is. Of course he isn't the first to go this way and won't be the last.

You are talking of victim mentality
While I believe its wrong to think that way

I will not blame any igbo man who feels victimised
There is no smoke without fire.
Things happened and are still happening

But despite all said and done

My people should keep trudging on, And leave the victim mindset behind
We are a force to reckon with in the economic space in Nigeria
Let's keep building on tht [
/quote]

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by pedel: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2019
From who did you inherit this kind of thinking? It must be in your DNA. It's definitely not something you learned.

By your logic, it is OK to steal and use part of the money you stole for charity work or pay 10% in the church.

I am not saying your man stole.

But if someone has done something wrong in the past does justice not require that they make it right?

Stop celebrating fraudulent people. That's why your governors and politician are wasting all your wealth.

Decolonel:
You see this country will never move forward. Why are they trying so hard to bring this man down?. A man that single handedly brought Nigerians that were stuck in SA during the xenophobic attack. He spent millions doing a humanitarian job just to do good and here they are digging up his mistake in order to ensure his downfall.

God will vindicate him. If not for anything, for the sake of the sacrifices he has made in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by zibya: 11:50am On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:
There's something definitely wrong with Nigerians. I think its better to do your business and don't give a fvck about this hopeless country. If they can be this heartless to bring this man down, who am I to think of helping this zoo
The Americans are not going to let the man off the hook simply because he's Nigerian/Igbo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by pointstores(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2019
Nawa
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by stevups(m): 11:51am On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:

The sacrifice exposed him to danger.
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by DexterousOne(m): 11:54am On Nov 27, 2019
teepain:

� Make una dey cool down small na, Nigerian people's body too dey hot.

Honestly, this penchant for trying to defend accused based on tribal affiliations needs to stop.

I have never seen any of these accused people that was accused of stealing or comitting fraud on behalf of his kinsmen.

Our people should understand that the indictment of an individual does not amount to the indictment of a whole tribe.

Thank you!

Now can my kinsmen stop trying to defend him at all costs?

And can some Yoruba commenting stop calling my kinsmen criminals because of this indictment that has not been proven in court?/quote]
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Yankee101: 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kashamu, Tinubu etc were not extradited and where left to fight their cases from home.

Why should this man be any different?
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by duwdu: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
superlanny:
The fact remains Allen Onyema has done something shady, for the Canadians and the rest to be hunting for his head, despite all his good deeds, this is a big stain that will not go away in a while, its very hard to fight for Nigerians because we all know that , the international community knows us first and foremost as the land of immense corruption, but one fact remains that the Buhari's era is the one and only era, that has exposed and achieved a lot in terms of the fight against Anti corruption, whether the battle can be won is another question, but we are fighting back at least.

The person above me is a classic example of how the average ipob mindset works, that is why they will forever be backward, in all things.

You wrote well. However, your last sentence/paragraph which I have put in italics, is a serious misfire...the post you referred to, was clear satire, written 'tongue-in-cheek.' wink I have quoted it below, for a re-read, if you will:

superlanny:
The fact remains Allen Onyema has done something shady, for the Canadians and the rest to be hunting for his head, despite all his good deeds, this is a big stain that will not go away in a while, its very hard to fight for Nigerians because we all know that , the international community knows us first and foremost as the land of immense corruption, but one fact remains that the Buhari's era is the one and only era, that has exposed and achieved a lot in terms of the fight against Anti corruption, whether the battle can be won is another question, but we are fighting back at least.
The person above me is a classic example of how the average ipob mindset works, that is why they will forever be backward, in all things.

P34c3
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by anonymous1759(m): 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
Despirado121:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/365311-u-s-indictment-lawyer-asks-court-to-prevent-extradition-of-air-peace-boss.html

I don't support Fraud but don't extradite him America will never Extradite their citizen to Nigeria. Nigeria First.
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by teepain: 12:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
DexterousOne:

Thank you!

Now can my kinsmen stop trying to defend him at all costs?

And can some Yoruba commenting stop calling my kinsmen criminals because of this indictment that has not been proven in court?/quote]

Way to go�
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by cyrilamx(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:
There's something definitely wrong with Nigerians. I think its better to do your business and don't give a fvck about this hopeless country. If they can be this heartless to bring this man down, who am I to think of helping this zoo
Oga nobody is trying to bring him down. It is his deeds that is if truly he committed the accusations levied against, that have found him out. Going by ur logic regarding his magnanimity shown Nigerians in diaspora during the xenophobic attack, i guess u will appraise a man who the society knew for his generosity and helped educated your daughter from high school to uni only for your daughter to spill d bean of how he molested her during this period. Will u still defend his philanthropy or ask him to clear his name by facing his accusers...We all know humans can mask as angels why concealing our inward demons.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by BluntBoy(m): 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:

Thrash!!!

The only reason the country is not moving forward is because of emotional people like yourself.

Ever heard about Bernard Lawrence Madoff? He was a massive giver to charity. The poor loved him. Little did they know that he made his money from running what was then the biggest Ponzi scheme in the United States. He had defrauded many people (many of whom may have even died of hypertension or committed suicide). He is presently serving a federal prison sentence.

Many people cover up their fraudulent acts by using philanthropy as a cover up to fool emotional people like you into thinking they are saints.

If Onyeama is guilty, let him be punished.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Quaddafi29: 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
The fact remains that the U.S has seen the kind of money being controlled by this " black monkey" and can't allow it to be. A simple check on the activities of US courts since the advent of Trump shows that they may have been ordered to seize people's and nation's wealth with reckless abandon. Venezuelan wealth domiciled in the US, Iranian wealth in the same location, have all been confiscated over trivial and unprovable Allegations. even an Iranian bank had its millions of dollars in the U.S seized and is to be given to certain ficticious families over completely false allegation that iran sponsored the 9/11 bombing. bullshit. it was done by the saudis who are allies of the U.S. The $14 m already seized is gone and the airline is gonna be sanctioned so that this " black monkey" will know his level. This is not helped by the tribalism and nepotism that exists at home where a certain people are considered inferior and not worthy to progress beyond a certain point. The extradition request will be swiftly approved. Wanna bet me?

3 Likes

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by BluntBoy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
anonymous1759:

I don't support Fraud but don't extradite him America will never Extradite their citizen to Nigeria. Nigeria First.

How sure are you that Americans will never extradite their citizens to Nigeria?

There are extradition treaties between the United States and Nigeria and as long as the case complies with the treaty, then a warrant would be obtained.

The reason why the United States might not want her citizen extradited to a country like Nigeria is because of gross human rights abuses that Nigeria is known for. But if there is reasonable assurance that their citizen's rights would be respected, I am sure they would comply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by tomju(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
IkalaiyeLOTO:
Mr man, you lack locus! grin
grin grin grin He lack beans sef join am...Locust beans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Guyman02: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
VillagePipu:

You must be Igbo.

Are you at war with Igbos? Why the hate? angry
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Guyman02: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
Quaddafi29:
The fact remains that the U.S has seen the kind of money being controlled by this " black monkey" and can't allow it to be. A simple check on the activities of US courts since the advent of Trump shows that they may have been ordered to seize people's and nation's wealth with reckless abandon. Venezuelan wealth domiciled in the US, Iranian wealth in the same location, have all been confiscated over trivial and unprovable Allegations. even an Iranian bank had its millions of dollars in the U.S seized and is to be given to certain ficticious families over completely false allegation that iran sponsored the 9/11 bombing. bullshit. it was done by the saudis who are allies of the U.S. The $14 m already seized is gone and the airline is gonna be sanctioned so that this " black monkey" will know his level. This is not helped by the tribalism and nepotism that exists at home where a certain people are considered inferior and not worthy to progress beyond a certain point. The extradition request will be swiftly approved. Wanna bet me?

Over $1B of Venezuela money was seized under Citgo, Libya gold was looted and now they have deposed indigenous President of Bolivia. US is carrying out piracy and banditry across the world, they dont want some people to rise above certain threshold
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by voltron14: 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
saintade01:

Tell me you are kidding angry

What do you think?

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Dareal90s(m): 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
johnmattew:
I think u need to ask yourself that question rather than asking the dude.. ..if onyema is innocent,he should go to USA and clear his name and file defamation suit afterwards....if he doesn't,that would end the progress of air peace international route
Ar u sure I've been to school b4? We are discussing abt A u ar talking abt 42, how on earth do they resemble? U ar sick o
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by voltron14: 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
Quaddafi29:

But Oga Trump is the one favoured by IPOB.

Maybe IPOB is responsible for his predicament.

2 Likes

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by bluecircle470: 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
Jakpon:
The allegation against Allen Onyeama is a calculated attempt by the US Justice Department to marginalise we Igbos. America is jealous of we Igbos because we are the one that developed America. 99% of the mansions in America belongs to we Igbos. AMERICA IS NO MANS LAND!!

Lol... this man don know Igbo people thinking and logic grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by itu404(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
it is clear as daylight, conspicuous like the niger bridge that he used hi NGOs to launder money for himself and other corrupt men. If he refuse to defend himself the government will not extradite him, for obvious reasons but the consequence is enormous to himself and his airline. Moreover, all sane mind knows the looming truth and again, the government will not put relationship with the US because of one man. The show continues.
His smart move of airlifting the stranded Igbos in order to gain some political relevance is dead on arrival. hmmmm sorry that is the way the cookie crumbles. This is not a question of getting million likes it is just the truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by MountainView: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Jakpon:

Bros,you just dey fall my hands as fellow Igbo

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by EgunMogaji2: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
superlanny:

Do you have an opinion as to why the prosecutors include the USA Drug Enforcement Agency?

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by VillagePipu: 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
Guyman02:

Are you at war with Igbos? Why the hate? angry

Once I hear the words "hate, jealousy, marginalisation" , I immediately know the person is Igbo just as I know you're Igbo.

You guys are suffering from persecution complex and your reasoning is limited and your objectivity impaired.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by King44(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
In as much as I don't believe he is guilty of all those accusations until proven guilty, Nigeria shouldn't allow any extradition the man is a national asset, same America would sweep such case under the carpet if they were in our shoes, it would be so unwise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire Engulfs Ijesha Market, Surulere In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Don’t Transact In Dollar – EFCC Warns Schools, Hotels, Others / How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.