Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court (21787 Views)

Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Dareal90s(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2019
Jakpon:
The allegation against Allen Onyeama is a calculated attempt by the US Justice Department to marginalise we Igbos. America is jealous of we Igbos because we are the one that developed America. 99% of the mansions in America belongs to we Igbos. AMERICA IS NO MANS LAND!!
lol grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Sanchez01: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2019
tommykiwi:
Focus or Locus? Mr man U r the one that lacks focus.
Locus standi...

6 Likes

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Decolonel(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2019
There's something definitely wrong with Nigerians. I think its better to do your business and don't give a fvck about this hopeless country. If they can be this heartless to bring this man down, who am I to think of helping this zoo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by mema900: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2019
Oyibo de fight us and we no know

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Dulles25: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2019
Correct Counsel, if the offence is an offence that can be tried in Nigeria, why allow him to be extradited to the United States? Maybe the lawyer should also sort a ground of political nature of the extradition. To say the extradition is political in nature, business gone bad with a third party.
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by dwilliams707: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:
You see this country will never move forward. Why are they trying so hard to bring this man down?. A man that single handedly brought Nigerians that were stuck in SA during the xenophobic attack. He spent millions doing a humanitarian job just to do good and here they are digging up his mistake in order to ensure his downfall.

God will vindicate him. If not for anything, for the sake of the sacrifices he has made in this country.

STFU!! If he’s found guilty,let him face it..I’m tired of Nigerians ranting about SA help to humanity shit..that’s why that country is F**ked up!That country will never move forward with shallow and daft minded people like you.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Benyork4(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Those who know life, were not born today, life is deep and those who try to know it had passed through it already. Some games are not to be played, because the only way to win is not to play at all..

2 Likes

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by RamseyBolton: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Jakpon:
The allegation against Allen Onyeama is a calculated attempt by the US Justice Department to marginalise we Igbos. America is jealous of we Igbos because we are the one that developed America. 99% of the mansions in America belongs to we Igbos. AMERICA IS NO MANS LAND!!

Thanks for making me laugh today grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Dareal90s(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:
You see this country will never move forward. Why are they trying so hard to bring this man down?. A man that single handedly brought Nigerians that were stuck in SA during the xenophobic attack. He spent millions doing a humanitarian job just to do good and here they are digging up his mistake in order to ensure his downfall.

God will vindicate him. If not for anything, for the sake of the sacrifices he has made in this country.
God will never vindicate a criminal, so because he brought ppl from SA his sins are forgiven? You must be a criminal too.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by dwilliams707: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2019
Dareal90s:
God will never vindicate a criminal, so because he brought ppl from SA his sins are forgiven? You must be a criminal too.

Seriously I’m tired of people,that’s a very senseless comment..so disheartening!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by drlateef: 10:39am On Nov 27, 2019
IkalaiyeLOTO:
Mr man, you lack locus! grin

As simple as that. The case is dead on arrival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Sanchez01: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:

I so hate the way the average Nigerian is programmed to think. What Onyema did in South Africa is noble and rare but then, this is an indictment, from an investigation from 2010. Whom do you think is trying to take him down?

If he feels that way, why can't him show up in a Federal U.S. court with his lawyers; win the case, prove his innocence and sue the DOJ for defamation and libel?

Onyema is innocent for now but he won't be vindicated from anything if the accusations leveled against him are true. He won't escape it because the system over there works and isn't based on sentiments.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Sanchez01: 10:42am On Nov 27, 2019
Dulles25:
Correct Counsel, if the offence is an offence that can be tried in Nigeria, why allow him to be extradited to the United States? Maybe the lawyer should also sort a ground of political nature of the extradition. To say the extradition is political in nature, business gone bad with a third party.
That's because he wasn't indicted by a Nigerian agency let alone by our courts. Ibori was extradited after the UK system indicted him and his girlfriend.

Foreigners come on this forum. If anything, we should at least pretend to know something before we write.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Decolonel(m): 10:44am On Nov 27, 2019
Sanchez01:

I so hate the way the average Nigerian is programmed to think. What Onyema did in South Africa is noble and rare but then, this is an indictment, from an investigation from 2010. Whom do you think is trying to take him down?

If he feels that way, why can't him show up in a Federal U.S. court with his lawyers; win the case, prove his innocence and sue the DOJ for defamation and libel?

Onyema is innocent for now but he won't be vindicated from anything if the accusations leveled against him are true. He won't escape it because the system over there works and isn't based on sentiments.

Guy, is he the only one with corrupt charges?. Why haven't they dug out records of other politicians who embezzled billions meant for the masses. Its time for us to stop trying to ridicule those who try to make lives meaningful to others
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by zoedew: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2019
Despirado121:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/365311-u-s-indictment-lawyer-asks-court-to-prevent-extradition-of-air-peace-boss.html
About time Nigerian Lawyers get seriously disciplined for filing frivolous and annoying Suits in gross abuse of Court Process! The other day some other Lawyer filed another frivolous Suit about the speculated third term ambition of President Buhari.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by DexterousOne(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2019
mcmbonu:
I have seen on this forum the poor and average rise to the defense of the super rich yet he is defended by no one. Poverty have no relative.

Many top Nigeria business men and women have no honour. They launder taxpayers funds for different politicians.

The day the wind will blow over Dangote, the poor will learn never to sing the praises of those whose history of little beginnings were never documented

To make it worse

People even tribalise it

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Earlystar698(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2019
IPOB will defend Onyema is coming already

3 Likes

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by VillagePipu: 10:48am On Nov 27, 2019
Persecution complex which has eaten into the psyche of a lot of people makes them unable to analyse issues objectively. They see things from the angle of hatred, persecution, marginalisation and so.

Everything that happens to them is as a result of others being jealous of them and persecuting them even when such occurrence is because they were involved in crime and deserve punishment.

They never deserve punishment for wrongdoing, others are always jealous of them and out to get them. Very Idiotic mentality.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by chukwuibuipob: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2019
undecided angry angry angry angry angry Baztards! These are set of liars (lawyer) wey no gree make Nigeria move forward.US embassy shud watch out for these criminals lawyer. spits

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by VillagePipu: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:

Guy, is he the only one with corrupt charges?. Why haven't they dug out records of other politicians who embezzled billions meant for the masses. Its time for us to stop trying to ridicule those who try to make lives meaningful to others

You must be Igbo.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by jaxxy(m): 10:50am On Nov 27, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
instead of advising him to go fight whatever accusations against him, they are here writing ARRANT NONSENSE. only a guilty person would be scared to face his accusers!

running away from this wont solve the problem, far from it.

voltron14:
Throw that stupid request into the dustbin where it belongs.

In any case, should Onyeama avoid attending court in US, it would simply facilitate the death of Air peace.

His advisers should consider the possible outcomes which don't look positive either way.

Possibly they don’t see him getting a fair trial in the us. There is a sinister motive/hand at play here. That’s for sure.
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by sean079: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2019
post=84406212:
As positive and good Nigerians that we are,
We pray Mr Allen comes out clean from all these strong allegations, and if he is guilty, justice should be served.

We will wait and see how all these pans out.

And we are still waiting to read what the Niger Delta youths will say about all these happenings.

Time will tell.

#ProudlyMadeInNaija

Brother, u no dey praise n sing praises of ur darling Daddy again. Wetin happened, abi u were among dos releived from vp Office recently?

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Decolonel(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2019
VillagePipu:

You must be Igbo.

Now, you are being tribalistic. Did I mention any tribe in my comment?. Now, I see where this whole hatred is coming from. So I must be Igbo to express myself in the way I did. Thats ridiculous bro
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by DexterousOne(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2019
Sanchez01:

The question should be

Why are things like these always tribalised

He should go and defend himself and clear his name (if he thinks he Is innocent)

But then
Nigerians will always see things from a tribalised lens

From the dumb afonja throwing aspersions on him and his ethnic group all over social media, to the Igbos defending him gullibly undecided

Let's be objective

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by DexterousOne(m): 10:53am On Nov 27, 2019
VillagePipu:

You must be Igbo.

What does ethnicity have to do With this?

1 Like

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Chigold101(m): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2019
superlanny:
The fact remains Allen Onyema has done something shady, for the Canadians and the rest to be hunting for his head, despite all his good deeds, this is a big stain that will not go away in a while, its very hard to fight for Nigerians because we all know that , the international community knows us first and foremost as the land of immense corruption, but one fact remains that the Buhari's era is the one and only era, that has exposed and achieved a lot in terms of the fight against Anti corruption, whether the battle can be won is another question, but we are fighting back at least.
The person above me is a classic example of how the average ipob mindset works, that is why they will forever be backward, in all things.
did you say Canadians?
Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Sanchez01: 10:54am On Nov 27, 2019
Decolonel:

No, he is not. They can't just dig records because those lowlife politicians don't launder through LC's in the United States. If it isn't Panama, it must be one tiny Caribbean island with no remote ties to the United States. Onyema's laundering was through a ghost company in the United States, which is why the Americans are on this. It took place in their soil.

I'd be one of those to come out and call Onyema a criminal the day he is jailed. It doesn't mean I don't value his good deeds but they should separated. His NGOs seems like a front for laundering. Use your head and be rational instead of being emotional.

This is criminal case and not a church disciplinary committee.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Sanchez01: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2019
Chigold101:
did you say Canadians?
Yup! The Canadians have also indicted him. They are also looking for him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by superstar1(m): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2019
Very dumb move. Apart from forfeiting some money, that will be the end of Air Peace.

Can Nigeria afford not to accede to the extradition request (if it comes to that) in the face of likely sanctions - both economic and military eg cancellation of delivery of Tuscano fighter jets?

Take 1000 court injunctions Nigeria will deliver him to US. He should go there to explain himself and not hide behind jankara market court injunction purchased n Nigeria to thwart his possible trial.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by chukwuibuipob: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2019
grin cheesy
Decolonel:
There's something definitely wrong with Nigerians. I think its better to do your business and don't give a fvck about this hopeless country. If they can be this heartless to bring this man down, who am I to think of helping this zoo
undecided undecided.young man! Nobody is bringing anybody down.Nah opportunity for Pa Peace to rake in $$$$$$$$$ billion. Let him go to US and "sew" dem.Nor be so wink..Nah like diz one Atiaku frimpong/"jamiu"Onafe ibori lied to us.Go US and clear UR NAME.SIMPLE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court by Decolonel(m): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
grin cheesy undecided undecided.young man! Nobody is bringing anybody down.Nah opportunity for Pa Peace to rake in $$$$$$$$$ billion. Let him go to US and "sew" dem.Nor be so wink

Lol.. I like ur comment

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UBA Charges COT On Savings Accounts: Be Warned! / Excuses That Keeps Us From Becoming Successful / MTN Nigeria Made ₦51 Billion Profit And Gained 4.2 Million New Subscribers In Q1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.