Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses (28276 Views)

List Of Nigerian Nurses Caught For Forging Educational Credentials In The US / Six Nigerian Nurses Arrive At UK Hospital (Picture) / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by SolarHub(m): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
Fantastic
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by nurex01(m): 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2019
partnerbizn5:
Some are polite while some are rude.

I commend the polite hardworking professional ones.

I reprimand the the rude, unsympathetic ones.

One didn't want to remove catheter on mum years ago even after pleading with her.

I almost slapped her destiny away. I restrained myself.
grin
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by djbussy(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
They were like angels. But the issue is, all of dem one date me for hospital, but dem day fear the owner of the hospital.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by bentwood85(m): 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
Gee001:
Nurses, hmmmm. Those ones, hmmmm. I can't shout

I don't want to remember what I went through last month. Pierced with syringe in six places cos she was looking for vein. Kept moving the needle up and down, left and right, in and out, kept pushing air into my veins. I cried o, I even took a break to continue later. Ended up reporting her to the Matron to get her schooled.

Team thick ladies.....I have sighted you.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Legendguru: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
hmmm
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
I think nurses are God's angels on earth...most of them.

I have better regards for them than doctors.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Ray333(m): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
Am proud to be one i love what i do and i give my best to my patients even as my clime or environment is unfair to me starting from meagre pay to unfair perception by patients.....but upon that am fully committed to my profession and am proud to be a nurse

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by romeorailss: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
Galapagous:
I had mine when I was in uni. I had to collect two injection and went to the clinic, on getting there I met this two yoruba nurse seeing AFRICAN MAGIC (if someone had given me an heads up never to distract them from yoruba film). the moment I walked in, they got annoyed (AWON eleyi o tie mo igaba ti o ye ki won wa gba abere) came from the mouth of the junior nurse not knowing I fully understand yoruba. To cut the long story short, Angry nurse gave me the first injection, left the needle in my ass to fill the second dose, screw it back In......

.......mehn it was a bitter experience.

grin cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by lebete3000: 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
Virus99:
90% of Nurses at private hospitals are coded olosho lipsrsealed

I remember nurse Titi that year. She almost snatched me from my girlfriend with her big well rounded yansh. cry

Anyways, does anyone else notice that Nigerian nurses always have big well rounded yansh ? undecided

Cos they sit down too much, spreading their assess in the process, which in turn makes their well rounded...
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by mekuxiani(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Digitiminimi:
It's not always funny the way Nurses shout at pregnant women during delivery. Mothers can relate. grin
one of the sexiest people on earth
the provide the total TLC package
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by romeorailss: 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
DPricey1:
All the nurses I met at Immanuel Hospital were nice to me.

Especially, Nurse Christy who helped deliver my little Prince

In Eket ?
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Mustiniceone(m): 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
YOU MEAN, NURSES... They are very good in bed smiley
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by sonnie10: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
zikter:
This one weak person. Haba.
All of you are just quoting the guy out of context. His ad is very clear and easy to understand.
What he is saying is that he sells used stuff like clothing and other household items.
He listed the countries and Norway is included. People who ship items in buses from Norway would usually pack stock fish also in the bus. The stock fish is not part of the used items.
The only place you would find used stock fish is in the toilet
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by alwaysdking(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2019
Virus99:
90% of Nurses at private hospitals are coded olosho lipsrsealed

I remember nurse Titi that year. She almost snatched me from my girlfriend with her big well rounded yansh. cry

Anyways, does anyone else notice that Nigerian nurses always have big well rounded yansh ? undecided

Na you sabi that one say 90% of them are Olosho. My mother is a Nurse, qualified Nurse(RN,RM,Orthopedic, Bsc and Master) she was a matron before she retired 5yrs ago
Am also married to a qualified Nurse also.

The profession is so good, healthy and awesome. If you know, you know my brother.

Make I no talk to much joor

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Chiggsglover(m): 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Last year was the first time I was rushed to the hospital on Emergency, thank God money dey, na private hospital den rush me, the nurse on night shift was neutral not mean, the one on morning shift was just sweet, theres lots of dress that goes when you're taken care of that way, when they were taking my blood, it was as if my skin was extremely valuable, unlike when I was doing test in uni, den shook me as if you dey find meat for pot. Stress plays a big role here, no wonder why the nurses in the Government ones are like the female version of The Punisher.

I usually feel like visiting the hospital with a gift when I'm close to the clinic .
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Virus99: 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
alwaysdking:

Na you sabi that one say 90% of them are Olosho. My mother is a Nurse, qualified Nurse(RN,RM,Orthopedic, Bsc and Master) she was a matron before she retired 5yrs ago
Am also married to a qualified Nurse also.

The profession is so good, healthy and awesome. If you know, you know my brother.

Make I no talk to much joor

Not all of them sir... wink hence the 90%
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by sumbzie78: 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nursing is for the chosen! Take it or leave it. No matter how much you downgrade the profession,we always triumph. I'm pleased to be a Nurse because the joy I feel when I see my patients recover is overwhelming. If I'm chanced to come back to this world again, I will choose Nursing but not in Nigeria because y'all criticising Nigerian Registered Nurses can never go through what we encounter at our various places of work and come out strong like we always do.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by coolme434: 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
I so much respect them, I've been looking for one to propose to all the while. I haven't just been lucky yet.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Chiggsglover(m): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
hinere:
Nurses hmmm.... General Hospital Nurses.... Hmmm...

I went to collect my medical fitness test for NYSC at one general hospital in Lagos. As I was about leaving the common room, one nurse just came out. She carried a file and was shouted this...

"Ehn...Patient 111 Gonorrhea, where are you? The doctor will see you now...""
" Patient 121 HIV Positive, follow me for your urine test"

Na so two girls just stand up... One enter doctor office, the other come follow the nurse.

Nigerian Nurses are wicked sha... Nothing is confidential in their mouth... It is well....

Anyways I'm selling lands at Ibeju Lekki, Ota, Ikorodu...

Lol, this one na Bam!
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Nickymichy(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
One yeye nurse underrated me just because I look young and my wife gave birth to twins... When she finally put to bed d nurse after a lot of humiliation now said..I will have to pay for two people.. DAT I should meet my parent and my friends so DAT I can raise money shap shap....I looked at her and laughed.. I asked her how much is d money...after a lot of list including things DAT I bought.. She claimed she bought it..she finally said d money is 74k..I gave her 80k..I told her to keep d change..dis mumu woman con dey respect me ooo .d yeye nurse come our naming sharpaly i turn oga...sir..yes sir..mumu people

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by decrownprince(m): 11:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
I had a bad experince with the nurses at Ola Hospital Jos. At first I was very surprised with the bad attitude of the nurses since the hospital was a christain hospital. My girlfriend was very sick so we went to the hospital and they refer us to another hospital for test. The test show that she need an urgent operation, we went back to Ola Hospital for the operation. She was finding it dificult to lay down due to pain, then one of the nurse started shouting on her commanding her to lay down. I've to interefered. After that the nurses were rude to us and to visitors that came to visit us in the hospital. I've to be begging the visitors.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:26am On Nov 28, 2019
vincentjk:
Went for normal check up in 2017 and met a student nurse at the table. Busty, dark skinned and large eye balled. Her name is chioma
We were conversing during the whole checkup thingy and when i was about to leave, I stylishly asked "what next"? She smiled, wrote down her number in a piece of paper and inserted it into my shirt pocket lol.. Damn I won't forget that day

We're still together but due to my work and school we barely see these days.

I like nudes because majority of them tend to be neat
you like nudesshockedshocked
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by nedekid: 1:32am On Nov 28, 2019
beegameh:
U.I nurses are wicked
Greatest UI!
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by timesup234: 1:41am On Nov 28, 2019
Beautyaddy:

You are soo right.

Most of them do a complete behavior change once they have to be Nurses working abroad.

Even the Nigerian doctors change their behaviours too when they work as doctors abroad. They become so nice, develop so much patience and become very professional.

Blame it on the Nigeria Culture verses Abroad Culture( Europe and America).
Who ask you question oversabi and amebo. people wey dey here na frustration dey worry this one, she came to nairaland to search for husband. She is 46yrs already and will be attending the upcoming Shiloh crusade. She is a witch and has finally found out it doesn't pay to eat people's bone in coven. Hopeless somebody
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by DPricey1(f): 2:34am On Nov 28, 2019
romeorailss:

In Eket ?

Yes, Eket
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by TEYA: 4:36am On Nov 28, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Very true!

However, most of those Nurses abroad have Unions that enable them to have rights and be respected.

Do Nigerian Nurses have active unions?
Respected by who? Do they respect patients? It has nothing to do with respect, it is the ugly Nigerian attitude to customer care and it is not limited to nurses.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Focusmind: 9:57am On Nov 28, 2019
sonnie10:

Good to know that you had a nice experience.
There are couple of things to understand why it is so.
First, there is an Act known as Patient Bill of Rights. It is an Act to protect the patient. Patients know their rights and the law is very protective. So nurse are extremely careful.
Secondly, people are well vetted by the authorities before they are licensed. Nurses must be of good moral character.
Third, the compensation is high and motivates the nurses to do better.
Fourth, the society orientation is different and people are very civil especially in a professional environment
Fifth, the nursing board is very strict when it comes to patient complaints.
Sixth, the administrators and management are very effective in protecting the hospital from potential liability and claims.
Lastly, the training to become a nurse is very good and centered on care giving

Excellent! We need to work on our value system in Nigeria. The care and comfort provided by the nurses to me and my wife after delivery was top notch, and they kept calling to check on both the mum and the baby.

Work ethics need to change in our country and people should show utmost dedication in whatever they do irrespective of the pay. If you don't like the job and the pay, resign and do not constitute a nuisance to the profession.

I agreed on the point you mentioned on vetting. As a student in UK in 2009, I got a job in old people's home to care for the elderly and the sick in Perth, Scotland. I was vetted by the Scottish authority, and a copy of that vetting sent to me and the care home since the job requires contact with vulnerable people.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Rejoice5000(f): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2019
Doing the birth of my son,when I was rushed to the hospital the nurse on duty dat faithful Sunday sat down mooping at me unconcern,madam nurse give me bed na forwhere and it's a private hospital na me find my way upstairs ooh go sat down first for one bed.its not dat am a stranger in that hospital ooh na where I dey do my antinatal regularly ooh.SOME OF THIS NURSES ARE AGENT OF DARKNESS.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Rejoice5000(f): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2019
mysticgal:
This happened recently. I was admitted into the school clinic and I was on bed for 1 week when this nurse who had been nice to me previously said she was going to kick me out of the hospital if I didn’t get well the next day. I sighed and told her off. The next day, she legit was dragging her feet to give me my drugs and injections. Trust me, my mother changed it for her in seconds cheesy.

When I was leaving,she took my apples and my milk but overall, she was nice and other nurses. I think in my existence in life, nurses have been good to me. Extra nice infact, that’s why I revisit the hospital(s) grin
Revisit? Ok
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Rejoice5000(f): 11:45am On Nov 28, 2019
While in Labour room a nurse beat hell commot for my eyes her words I quote ooh,U bi witch,u bi Mami water,Dem send u,wizard hiaa,ur delivering date is on Monday u came on Sunday hiaaa NA ME BI GOD WEY DEY GIVE DATE OF BIRTH.nobi small thing ooh,am calling doctor he is not picking my call I said dis yellow pepper is from river etc dis are her words.see me ooh on top giving birth ooh.i no talk ooh see her five fingers on my lap thanks to my Mum she gave it to her hot hot.dis nurses Dem dey try BUT..........................most of them are very wicked.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by romeorailss: 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
DPricey1:

Yes, Eket

I sabi u be dt cheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UTERINE FIBROIDS; Fact Sheet. / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service / Helpless Accident Victim At National Hospital Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.