Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses (28281 Views)

List Of Nigerian Nurses Caught For Forging Educational Credentials In The US / Six Nigerian Nurses Arrive At UK Hospital (Picture) / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
this thread will be bloody soon grin

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by DonBenny77(m): 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
Most of them bleep around!
grin
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Mutemenot(m): 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
I'm not really a fan of Nigerian nurses but one surprised recently... I appreciated her some days ago, she couldn't even recognise me n i didn't bother to explain too. I have a great plan for her, she played a wonderful role during my wife child's birth..

12 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by sonnie10: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
Focusmind:
My best experience with nurses are the ones at Memorial Herman Hospital, Houston and Ben Taub, Houston, all in US.

What a wonderful experience! They made me had a rethink of my perception of nursing profession, especially my perception of Nigerian nurses, with all due apologies to the ever hard working ones.
Good to know that you had a nice experience.
There are couple of things to understand why it is so.
First, there is an Act known as Patient Bill of Rights. It is an Act to protect the patient. Patients know their rights and the law is very protective. So nurse are extremely careful.
Secondly, people are well vetted by the authorities before they are licensed. Nurses must be of good moral character.
Third, the compensation is high and motivates the nurses to do better.
Fourth, the society orientation is different and people are very civil especially in a professional environment
Fifth, the nursing board is very strict when it comes to patient complaints.
Sixth, the administrators and management are very effective in protecting the hospital from potential liability and claims.
Lastly, the training to become a nurse is very good and centered on care giving

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
odigbosky:
Dem like to Bleep ehn......chain No worry she no fit get belle grin
yes and also STD free. if e no be nurse I no want

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Pusyiter(m): 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
All I can say is that they are 'doughnuts' (leeches) in the eyes of the 'Pencils' (Doctors)
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Nackzy: 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
They lack Manners, they are Arrogant
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Gee001: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nurses, hmmmm. Those ones, hmmmm. I can't shout

I don't want to remember what I went through last month. Pierced with syringe in six places cos she was looking for vein. Kept moving the needle up and down, left and right, in and out, kept pushing air into my veins. I cried o, I even took a break to continue later. Ended up reporting her to the Matron to get her schooled.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Smartlux(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Royalfurnitures: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
One was busy one day piercing my skin all over with syringe in the name of looking for veins... See blood !

Check out my signature for good quality furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by limzycollins(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
I can personally help you to get any foreign fairly used products direct from Tincan WARF Lagos in larger quantity. Products from USA, Germany, Spain, Norway etc...products ranging from

CARS
REFRIGERATORS
HOT PLATE COOKER
SHOES
CLOTHES
STOCKFISH
etc... And generally any products u wish to buy 08064832570
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
Yet to meet a rude nurse.

Always respectful and do their duties diligently. In some cases, when they notice u are very friendly,they will bare their mind to u. Most of them especially Nigerian nurses are underpaid, works extra hrs without pay, some are owed so they take out the frustrations on patients.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Galapagous(m): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
I had mine when I was in uni. I had to collect two injection and went to the clinic, on getting there I met this two yoruba nurse seeing AFRICAN MAGIC (if someone had given me an heads up never to distract them from yoruba film). the moment I walked in, they got annoyed (AWON eleyi o tie mo igaba ti o ye ki won wa gba abere) came from the mouth of the junior nurse not knowing I fully understand yoruba. To cut the long story short, Angry nurse gave me the first injection, left the needle in my ass to fill the second dose, screw it back In......

.......mehn it was a bitter experience.

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Beautyaddy: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
magicminister:
Nigerian nurses are the most disrespected on earth.
They are left out of leadership roles in the medical industry, they are disrespected by patients and their pay is significantly less than their counterparts in most part of the world.

I have had bad and good experience with them but I’ve also witnessed nurseS assaulted by male and female patients.

Nigerian Nurses go outside the country and they are top ranked and respected. I feel we our nurses can easily be the best on earth in the right environment

Very true!

However, most of those Nurses abroad have Unions that enable them to have rights and be respected.

Do Nigerian Nurses have active unions?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Jaqenhghar: 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
In Niggeria professionalism is non existent.
Every post is an opportunity to show who is boss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by MOSICATED5(m): 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
Most Nigerian Nurse can't work in developed countries with their characters except they change. Imagine shouting at a sick person. I think they transfer the mistreatment they get from Dr's to their patients

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Sabicleaners: 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
Its the turn of the Nurses!
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Julbu(m): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
I feel your pains in the house but it is unfortunate that most of the experiences shared above are not with nurses but with quacks. A well trained Nurse will never put up most of the negative attitudes mentioned here. However, I want to reiterate that we should always ensure that we are treated by Nurses and not by quacks..

Nurses are great!

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Juleedear(f): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
Bacteriologist:
You need to specify. Is it those "auxiliary" nurses who are all, sincerely, quack nurses or the certified, registered and licensed ones?
Thank God for this question because I was confused.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by codeME: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nurse! Can never forget them, they killed my wonderful wife during delivery with their carelessness. Oh i miss you my wonderful Lady B.
mind you in a government hospital. Nurses

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Beautyaddy: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
MOSICATED5:
Most Nigerian Nurse can't work in developed countries with their characters except they change. Imagine shouting at a sick person. I think they transfer the mistreatment they get from Dr's to their patients

You are soo right.

Most of them do a complete behavior change once they have to be Nurses working abroad.

Even the Nigerian doctors change their behaviours too when they work as doctors abroad. They become so nice, develop so much patience and become very professional.

Blame it on the Nigeria Culture verses Abroad Culture( Europe and America).

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Burgerlomo: 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
limzycollins:
I can personally help you to get any foreign fairly used products direct from Tincan WARF Lagos in larger quantity. Products from USA, Germany, Spain, Norway etc...products ranging from

CARS
REFRIGERATORS
HOT PLATE COOKER
SHOES
CLOTHES
STOCKFISH
etc... And generally any products u wish to buy 08064832570

Foreign fairly used stockfish?

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by VillagePipu: 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Julbu:
I feel your pains in the house but it is unfortunate that most of the experiences shared above are not with nurses but with quacks. A well trained Nurse will never put up most of the negative attitudes mentioned here. However, I want to reiterate that we should always ensure that we are treated by Nurses and not by quacks..

Nurses are great!

Do government hospitals employ quacks?
Cos nurses in government hospitals are the worst behaved.

Always fighting everyone. If they aren't fighting patients, they are fighting doctors. If they aren't fighting doctors, they are fighting management. If they aren't fighting management, they are fighting the government.

Go and read up about complaints of patients. It's always about nurses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by okoroemeka(m): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
I cannot help but remember the experience I had with a nurse during my school years,I contacted a deadly infection of scabies from a random one night stand with a girl,the infection ended up covering my dick,scrotal sac and laps,my God how that thing itchs at night,I tried everything available no show, finally in desperation I have to go to the hospital and was referred to a pretty nurse to inspect the dick,I brought out my dick as she was inspecting it turning it this way,that way,lo and behold the crazy dick rised up hard and strong,the nurse was mildly surprised ,she asked politely if she should continue the close inspection,I said pls continue,it's very funny a dick that's covered with bumps and infected pustles will manage to rise up at the sight of a nurse cleavage.

27 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Absoj(m): 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
grin grin
Galapagous:
I had mine when I was in uni. I had to collect two injection and went to the clinic, on getting there I met this two yoruba nurse seeing AFRICAN MAGIC (if someone had given me an heads up never to distract them from yoruba film). the moment I walked in, they got annoyed (AWON eleyi o tie mo igaba ti o ye ki won wa gba abere) came from the mouth of the junior nurse not knowing I fully understand yoruba. To cut the long story short, Angry nurse gave me the first injection, left the needle in my ass to fill the second dose, screw it back In......

.......mehn it was a bitter experience.
grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by daxclusive1: 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
Asking me why I was so damn hairy behind. smiley smiley

I was like shocked shocked what the furk shocked shocked is that the injection you wanna give..

I will save the rest for another day cheesy cheesy all hail our lovely nurses som can very kind though

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by daxclusive1: 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Asking me why I was so damn hairy behind. smiley smiley

I was like shocked shocked what the fk shocked shocked is that the injection you wanna give..

I will save the rest for another day cheesy cheesy all hail our lovely nurses som can very sacrificial though grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by ezrael360(m): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Happyguy201:
Does having my dick sucked by nurse in lab 3 count as an experience
Pathetic liers like you will rot in hell

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Tonyspecial(m): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Bleep Like Kilode
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by SatoshiPips(m): 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
Digitiminimi:
It's not always funny the way Nurses shout at pregnant women during delivery. Mothers can relate. grin
Lost my kid brother to their negligence a couple of years ago.
I almost lost a friend due to their arrogance weeks ago.

I detest naija nurses (the ones I've met sha)

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by Oyindidi(f): 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
codeME:
Nurse! Can never forget them, they killed my wonderful wife during delivery with their carelessness. Oh i miss you my wonderful Lady B.
mind you in a government hospital. Nurses
Take heart bro.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses by ezrael360(m): 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
prigoz:
All I can say is that majority of them control their husband and that is all.
You ever lived with any? Stop been a dick head

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! / FG To Ban Private Practice By Doctors In Public Service / UTERINE FIBROIDS; Fact Sheet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.