Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? (543 Views)

How Rampant And What Percentage Of Ladies Sleep With EX Few Days To Wedding? / Opinion: Men Without Handsome Income Should Not Date Not To Talk Of Marrying / What Percentage Of Nigerian Women Sell Their Bodies For Money ???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by kcay: 11:46am On Nov 27, 2019
So guys, as we all know, November will be wrapping up in a few days. For some, pay-day has come and gone, while for others, prolly today - that's if bank network doesn't fail, tomorrow, in a few days, the middle of December or till when your Boss reason your side. My bad, lol.

Now jokes aside, some of us know it is that time of the month when Amaka, Sandra, Bola, Sandra, Blessing, Aishat etc will be expecting some Naira/Dollar/Pounds/Euro in their account for "upkeep" as it is the usual practice every month, or to get that bag or gown she told you about some days ago which you will be required to respond to, right?

Once in a while, we need to commit financially to our relationships. However, we should know when to put a limit so we do not become victims of bankruptcy for some ladies who believe you need to break the bank or buy the world for them whenever they ask to prove that you really love and care about them (Scam!).

Although, there are some special events, occasion, or maybe life-threatening emergencies that may require you to break your monthly limit for your girlfriends/partner, nonetheless, in my opinion, I think guys shouldn't exceed 10% of their "Fixed Income" on their girlfriends. 5% - 7.5% I think is ideal.

On a N100,000 salary, do not exceed N10,000 monthly.
On a N500,000 salary, do not exceed N50,000 monthly.
And so on...

By the way, when I mean fixed income, I am referring to salary/wage - something you are certain of receiving every month.

I personally don't think guys should give a percentage of their variable incomes - incomes from the side jobs they engage in. This is because when the variable income stops being consistent like it used to before, you will hear some ladies say things like "He has changed, he doesn't take care of me like he used to". A few others are different though.

In your opinion, what percentage will you recommend? Please share.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by AyarmBoye(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2019
10k monthly?... Shogbadun?

4 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by kcay: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
AyarmBoye:

Lol.. I said do not exceed.

If you are prudent enough, all you could do 2k or maybe 1k for shawarma.

I meant you mustn't exceed 10k.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by donbachi(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
Ninalowo ok.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by skylegend(m): 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
remind you.

as you are spending someone is getting that same Bleep thing from her for Free

my brother!!

the same money you are westing that you think is not money because it is 10% of earning..

is the same percent that has making many men wealth in this world today

I was Reading a story of a billionaire that invest $100 20 years ago and that same investment is worth 9billion dollars

work hard and smart and became rich

after you become rich the will be the one looking for you.

by than they will see you as the price

you meet many women that don't need your money

because they are self dependent

if you marry a loser as a wife you will end up a loser

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
If you are in a serious relationship, nothing is to much for your partner that you claim to love, just use your brain.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
If you are in a serious relationship, nothing is too much for your partner that you claim to love, just use your brain.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by AfroKnight: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
AyarmBoye:
cheesy

Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by AfroKnight: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
SBL28:
If you are in a serious relationship, nothing is to much for your partner that you claim to love, just use your brain.

Hmm! How can you say that and still tell him to use his brain? Brain that is in conflict with the heart when it comes to financial decisions?

Anyway, I feel it is should be a percentage of what you would spend on your own enjoyment, not a percentage of your total fixed income.

For example, I may decide that I’m spending 20k on personal enjoyment this week. Whatever I spend on bae is a percentage of that 20K. Say 10%. grin

No dipping into the main income except if she asks for a loan.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by bodaola(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
10k monthly... I have never done one time subscription of 10k in my life before... I can't spend money i have never waste on sub on my partner.... Someone is digging that puna for free and she's still giving that person food on top the knacking.... I fuvking a girl in my Lodge in School that has a boyfriend... The nice treat that girl gives to me, her boyfriend have never received 10% of it.

Who knows, someone might be somewhere knacking my girlfriend too. That's what we call inside life.... (5aLive)
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by bodaola(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
AfroKnight:

No dipping into the main income except if she asks for a loan.

If she ask for loan... My brother dem no dey give babe loan oh... grin

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by AfroKnight: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
bodaola:

If she ask for loan... My brother dem no dey give babe loan oh... grin

cheesy

The loan go enter voicemail?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by AfroKnight: 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2019
bodaola:
10k monthly... I have never done one time subscription of 10k in my life before... I can't spend money i have never waste on sub on my partner.... Someone is digging that puna for free and she's still giving that person food on top the knacking.... I fuvking a girl in my Lodge in School that has a boyfriend... The nice treat that girl gives to me, her boyfriend have never received 10% of it.

Who knows, someone might be somewhere knacking my girlfriend too. That's what we call inside life.... (5aLive)

cheesy
Baddest. So you are harvesting another man’s farmland. Okay o.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by bodaola(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
AfroKnight:

cheesy

The loan go enter voicemail?
Before nko!
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by bodaola(m): 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
AfroKnight:

cheesy
Baddest. So you are harvesting another man’s farmland. Okay o.

My brother what to do. Another man fit dey knack my babe for where she dey apparently. So i dont give a fvck!
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by chinchonglee(m): 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2019
Nobody is entitled to any percent of my income.

I dnt av a partner sef to start with grin grin
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by iRepNaija1: 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
SBL28:

This mentality is never a two way street. One usually provides more than the other and that lack of balance always leads to resentment.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by chinchonglee(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
skylegend:
remind you.

as you are spending someone is getting that same Bleep thing from her for Free

my brother!!

the same money you are westing that you think is not money because it is 10% of earning..

is the same percent that has making many men wealth in this world today

I was Reading a story of a billionaire that invest $100 20 years ago and that same investment is worth 9billion dollars

work hard and smart and became rich

after you become rich the will be the one looking for you.

by than they will see you as the price

you meet many women that don't need your money

because they are self dependent

if you marry a loser as a wife you will end up a loser
Be deceiving ursef.
America nd Naija nw has d same booming economy baa
Think abt hw much u need to invest nw to get a nt too positive ROI here in Nigeria

Re: What Percentage Of Your Income Should You Not Exceed On Your Partner? by mezarddinny: 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kukuma give her 90k na shebi hand dey scratch you

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen A PENIS FISH Before? These Are Interesting Facts About Them (photo / Nigerian Lady Who Gave Birth Inside A Taxi, Shares Her Lovely Story / Valentine --- Where Are The Feminist Today? No Where To Be Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.