Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo (5027 Views)

FG Is Gathering Video Evidence To Nail Sunday Igboho At Trial In Benin Republic / No Evidence To Prosecute 33 Indicted SARS Operatives - AGF's Committee / Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Sonnyboom: 11:10am On Nov 28, 2019
Azikwe the cursed lunatic hoping to be president after his boys slaughtered the democratically elected prime minister, dragged his lifeless body across Lagos n then round off murdering the premier of both the west n north is the greatest king from hell who practice ethnic politics.

If I was a top ranking military officer those years, what happened to Hiroshima is what would have happened to Biafra.

adecz:

Awolowo, the king of
ethnic politics,

And like him,
Jagaba his successor will
smell power but will never taste it. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

A new & surprising dynamics
is emerging; GEJ was fair to northern
Nigeria, so they see him as "the devil you know"....

3 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Sonnyboom: 11:17am On Nov 28, 2019
Tell me I pray thee, which of Azikwe or Ojukwu is not rotting in hell now ?
MelesZenawi:
I only pity the Idiots coming here to always argue this trash...

Una get strength...

Some who rode on cocoa plantation to introduce ethnic politics and also died of his own devilish action is same person u waste time arguing about his end...Of what use.

Since Gowon released I believe by now he is in Ikenne. , his father's compound.

2 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Sonnyboom: 11:22am On Nov 28, 2019
Everyday your life n existence is put to shame on NL, yet you refuse to be shameless. It is fair to say on your dying bed you will confess all the unjustifiable hate you exhibit on Yoruba.

MelesZenawi:

After that go to his grave, exhume awolowo and tell him you have discovered the truth of his release and death.

Maybe by then he will finally rest in peace and stop roaming the earth like a scavenger.

3 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 28, 2019
Sonnyboom:
Everyday your life n existence is put to shame on NL, yet you refuse to be shameless. It is fair to say on your dying bed you will confess all the unjustifiable hate you exhibit on Yoruba.

Trash

2 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by mercyville: 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2019
LegendHero:
I previously created a thread online that showed the video that give credence to the fact that Gowon released Chief Awolowo. Ever since I posted that video, some Igbo folks on here have denied my proof and instead chose to believe in their own fabricated hearsay that Ojukwu released Chief Awolowo.
https://www.nairaland.com/5541011/youtube-video-showed-gowon-released

Since I am stubborn coupled with the fact that I see this as an act of patriotism to the Yoruba nation to change the false narratives against Pa Awolowo that has existed in the Nigerian space for decades, I subscribed to the Guardian Newspaper archives (A british newspaper that was founded in 1821) to get the actual state of event during those formative period of this country Nigeria.

I laid my hands on the Guardian Newspaper published on August 2nd , August 3rd , August 4th , and August 6th and the papers captured succinctly that Gowon released Awolowo and attached are the images of the publications. The area of interest is highlighted in Yellow.

Excerpts from the paper:
Aug 2nd 1966 – Possibly a consensus to southern opinion was Colonel Gowon’s promise to look into the early release of political prisoners. The most important of these is Chief Awolowo, the popular Yoruba leader who was imprisoned for 10 years in 1962 for treasonable Felony. He was a campaigner against Northern domination in the old regime and his release would not be popular in the North.

August 3rd 1966 – On his part, Colonel Gowon’s decision to release so controversial a southern politician Chief Awolowo seems to show a desperate need to placate Southern opinion. At independence, when the Northern people’s congress shared power with the largely Ibo National Council of Nigerian Citizens, the odd men out were the Yorubas of the west. Their discontent led to the 1962 crisis in which the Yoruba leader, Chief Awolowo was imprisoned for Treason.

August 3rd 1966 – The new Nigerian regime formed Yesterday by Lieutenant Colonel Gowon, the Army chief of Staff, after an army mutiny, today announced the release of leading civilian political prisoners, including chief Awolowo and Chief Enahoro. The other four political prisoners whose release was announced today were named Lateef Jakande, Samuel Onitiri, Sunday Ebiotoma, and Micheal Omishade.

August 4th 1966 - Chief Awolowo and Anthony Enahoro today promised to help Lieutenant Colonel Gowon, leader of the new Nigeria military regime in Nigeria, in any way that would bring peace to the country. Rumors continued to circulate in Lagos that the former Head of State Major-General Ironsi, had been killed by the rebels. General Ironsi was kidnapped last Friday and his whereabouts are unknown.

Conclusion: The reason why most Igbo folks are confused was because when Gowon took power, there was still some speculations in the air about General Ironsi whereabouts and he was just kidnapped with his murder not yet ascertained. This gave Gowon the chance to take command of the military and he commanded the release of Awolowo. Ojukwu at that time will still be unsettled coz they are all waiting to know the actual status of Gen Ironsi (Dead or Alive).

Calling the attention of the people that contributed on the former thread:
CC: Oyin44 Omoodua007 mrvitalis LordVoldermort Dedetwo Tobichimezie 0monnak0da LabDNA MetaPhysical Tobichimezie candidtalk maestroferddi revolt mercyville Uchek meleszenawi iblad0994
This is fatal.
QED

Legendhero,you are a gem. smiley

7 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by mercyville: 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sonnyboom:
Azikwe the cursed lunatic hoping to be president after his boys slaughtered the democratically elected prime minister, dragged his lifeless body across Lagos n then round off murdering the premier of both the west n north is the greatest king from hell who practice ethnic politics.

If I was a top ranking military officer those years, what happened to Hiroshima is what would have happened to Biafra.

They even called him"the beautiful wh.ore...I mean bride' grin
He had more than two faces.He was the greatest backstabber and betrayer just like his kinsmen.

3 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by mercyville: 12:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Ojukwu... calling him makes u demigod.... continue...

We have seen the wars your forefathers won and how they over won...

Nonsense set of people......full of vile..

Ndi ara.

And you cannot live without coming to clean their gutters in the SW.

Ode.

7 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Omoodua007: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
Kdon2:

Do you know how many awolowo children are in government consistently since the patriach died?Your hatered will eventually consume you.

Children
Even is grand children are in government

3 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Omoodua007: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
Otito koro

You have dropped a mega bombshell
Nothing but the absolute bitter truth
Ojuju didn’t release awolowo
Gowon released both awolowo & Enahoro

2 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Omoodua007: 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
LegendHero:

You should actually be grateful to us (Yorubas) for making you see the truth. You can now go to your village meeting to tell your people that Ojukwu lied to you guys for decades and TELL them that Gowon released Awolowo and let this truth resonate among the Igbos born and yet unborn!.

Abhijit Naskar once said "A thousand loud lies become powerless in front of one calm truth.”

The problem is igbos read Chinua Achebe who was the propaganda in chief. His book was filled with lies

5 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Omoodua007: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
LabDNA:

One question for you...

If the West African pilot newspaper run by Easterners then had written an editorial about how the East released Awolowo from Calabar prisons, would you have held it as an unbiased view or not, since we know what of divide you belong and the narratives you seek to believe?

The British were hands in gloves with the Nigerian government, they were partisan and the views of British tabloid could not qualify to be seen as objective and unbiased.

The East released Awo. They were with the keys of his prison cell and didn't take orders from Gowon whom they saw as illegitimate. It's common sense.

Show us evidence not propaganda or what ifs
This situation shows Awo was not a betrayer
And it counters the Yeye narrative you have been fed since you were a child

4 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Omoodua007: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
gidgiddy:
If anybody wants to know who released Awolowo, follow time line and facts.

General Ironsi was captured and killed on 29th July 1967. For the next few days, nobody knew who was running Nigeria. Not even Gowon could have claimed to be head of state in that time. With the uncertainty about what happend to Ironsi, the ongoing killings of Army officers of Eastern origin and the fact that the most senior officer after Ironsi, Brigadier Ogundipe was still Chief of General staff, it would pedestrian to assume that Gowon was head of state. None of the Regions recognized Gowon as head of state, very few people knew what was happening.

Ojukwu flatly refused to recognise Gowon as head state as there were several officers senior to Gowon, particularly Brigadier Ogundipe, who was supposed to take over in the absence of Ironsi.

The reasons Gowon could not have possibly released Awolowo are:

1) In August 1967, nobody recognized Gowon as head of state, least of all Ojukwu

2) Ojukwu was senior to Gowon, theres no way Ojukwu would have taken instructions from Gowon until much later

3) Awolowo was in prison in Calabar, which was in the Eastern Region. How can Gowon release Awolowo in an area that did not recognize Gowon as head of state?

4) How is it possible for Gowon to release Awolowo in an area where Gowon had no power or recognition?

Hot air hot air

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2019
Omoodua007:

Show us evidence not propaganda or what ifs
This situation shows Awo was not a betrayer
And it counters the Yeye narrative you have been fed since you were a child

At this stage, everybody already knew the truth including them.

They are currently like the insects called Ijalo that is in disarray and on the verge of death when salt is sprinkled within their midst.

If anybody ever question the proverb that says “Truth is a double edged sword”, today is the day to believe that saying. The truth on this thread is like the sword slicing their body bit by bit and making them uncomfortable.

6 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by GermanPoison(m): 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:
We are not here to talk about Rat Poisons

And suicides
we are not here to talk abt a man that let 3millions people from his tribe to die and left to seek asylum in ivory coast

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by maestroferddi: 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
The risible doctored video failed you.

The New York Times made you look dumb.

Now it is The Guardian founded before antiquity that you hopw will save your day...

Egbon mi, get a job...

4 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
maestroferddi:
The risible doctored video failed you.

The New York Times made you look dumb.

Now it is The Guardian founded before antiquity that you hopw will save your day...

Egbon mi, get a job...

I already did. My job is to rid you and your type of the generational lies Ojukwu fed you with knowingly and unknowingly.

Take this as a community service.

4 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by maestroferddi: 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
LegendHero:

I already did. My job is to rid you and your type of the generational lies Ojukwu fed you with knowingly and unknowingly.

Take this as a community service.
Ojukwu released Awo from jail...

Now that your effort so far been proving futile, you can call a friend....

2 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2019
maestroferddi:
Ojukwu released Awo from jail...

Now that your effort so far been proving futile, you can call a friend....

Really tell me more!

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by T9ksy(m): 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
mercyville:
They even called him"the beautiful wh.ore...I mean bride' grin
He had more than two faces.He was the greatest backstabber and betrayer just like his kinsmen.

The "beautiful bride" munched on so much aboki ph.allus that by the 2nd republic, he had turned into an "ugly street bike". So said an aboki who knew him well-Shehu Shagari (1979).

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by T9ksy(m): 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sonnyboom:
Tell me I pray thee, which of Azikwe or Ojukwu is not rotting in hell now ?

Considering the millions of his innocent kinsmen who met their untimely gruesome demise whilst the hollow chest-beating Ikemba was grandstanding about the place, he must definitely, be rotting in the hottest part of hell, right now..........and ever more.
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 12:05am On Nov 29, 2019
Please educate yourselves.

http://republicreporters.com/ojukwu-released-awolowo-from-calabar-jail-i-released-awolowo-from-jail-even-that-some-people-are-beginning-to-contest-as-well-awo-was-in-jail-in-calabar-gowon-knows-and-the-whole-of-the-federal/

Ojukwu Released Awolowo From Calabar Jail,QED:”I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East..”–Odumegwu Ojukwu New York[RR] Awka–In this interview with Rudolf […]

By Republic Reporters New York2014/09/24 10:40 PM

Ojukwu Released Awolowo From Calabar Jail,QED:”I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East..”–Odumegwu Ojukwu

New York[RR] Awka–In this interview with Rudolf Okonkwo, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu categorically said that he released Awolowo from Calabar prison, he added, that Gowon and all federal establishment knows that Gowon was at no time in charge of the East, Republic Reporters gathered.

Mr. Okonkwo troubled by multiple argument font and back with S’West and East, pointedly asked Ojukwu whether there was a meeting, “Did the meeting take place, and was there such an agreement?’. Ojukwu response was that, he indeed released Awolowo from Calabar Prison house.

Hear Ojukwu speak for himself:
“We’ve said this over and over again, so many times, and people don’t understand; they don’t want to actually. If you remember, I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East. The East took orders from me. Now, how could Gowon have released Awolowo who was in Calabar? Because of the fact that I released him, it created quite a lot of rapport between Awo and myself and I know that before he went back to Ikenne, I set up a hotline between Ikenne and my bedroom in Enugu. He tried like an elder statesman to find a solution. Awolowo is a funny one. Don’t forget that the political purpose of the coup, the Ifeajuna coup that began all this, was to hand power over to Awo. We young men respected him a great deal. He was a hero.

Ojukwu, added, “I thought he was a hero and certainly I received him when I was governor. We talked and he was very vehement when he saw our complaints and he said that if the Igbos were forced out by Nigeria that he would take the Yorubas out also. I don’t know what anybody makes of that statement but it is simple. Whether he did or didn’t, it is too late. There is nothing you can do about it. So, he said this and I must have made some appropriate responses too. But it didn’t quite work out the way that we both thought. Awolowo, evidently, had a constant review of the Yoruba situation and took different path. That’s it. I don’t blame him for it. I have never done. he said.

5 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Omoodua007: 12:35am On Nov 29, 2019
naijaking1:
Please educate yourselves.

http://republicreporters.com/ojukwu-released-awolowo-from-calabar-jail-i-released-awolowo-from-jail-even-that-some-people-are-beginning-to-contest-as-well-awo-was-in-jail-in-calabar-gowon-knows-and-the-whole-of-the-federal/

Ojukwu Released Awolowo From Calabar Jail,QED:”I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East..”–Odumegwu Ojukwu New York[RR] Awka–In this interview with Rudolf […]

By Republic Reporters New York2014/09/24 10:40 PM

Ojukwu Released Awolowo From Calabar Jail,QED:”I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East..”–Odumegwu Ojukwu

New York[RR] Awka–In this interview with Rudolf Okonkwo, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu categorically said that he released Awolowo from Calabar prison, he added, that Gowon and all federal establishment knows that Gowon was at no time in charge of the East, Republic Reporters gathered.

Mr. Okonkwo troubled by multiple argument font and back with S’West and East, pointedly asked Ojukwu whether there was a meeting, “Did the meeting take place, and was there such an agreement?’. Ojukwu response was that, he indeed released Awolowo from Calabar Prison house.

Hear Ojukwu speak for himself:
“We’ve said this over and over again, so many times, and people don’t understand; they don’t want to actually. If you remember, I released Awolowo from jail. Even that, some people are beginning to contest as well. Awo was in jail in Calabar. Gowon knows and the whole of the federal establishment knows that at no point was Gowon in charge of the East. The East took orders from me. Now, how could Gowon have released Awolowo who was in Calabar? Because of the fact that I released him, it created quite a lot of rapport between Awo and myself and I know that before he went back to Ikenne, I set up a hotline between Ikenne and my bedroom in Enugu. He tried like an elder statesman to find a solution. Awolowo is a funny one. Don’t forget that the political purpose of the coup, the Ifeajuna coup that began all this, was to hand power over to Awo. We young men respected him a great deal. He was a hero.

Ojukwu, added, “I thought he was a hero and certainly I received him when I was governor. We talked and he was very vehement when he saw our complaints and he said that if the Igbos were forced out by Nigeria that he would take the Yorubas out also. I don’t know what anybody makes of that statement but it is simple. Whether he did or didn’t, it is too late. There is nothing you can do about it. So, he said this and I must have made some appropriate responses too. But it didn’t quite work out the way that we both thought. Awolowo, evidently, had a constant review of the Yoruba situation and took different path. That’s it. I don’t blame him for it. I have never done. he said.

Your sourcing the news medium that said buhari is jubril from Sudan

4 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by ServantsOfTruth: 1:15am On Nov 29, 2019
We are not here to talk about cowards that lick ass of the foolanis who ended up taking Kwara state after killing afonja the Fulani as licker

Lol
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Omoodua007: 1:18am On Nov 29, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:
We are not here to talk about cowards that lick ass of the foolanis who ended up taking Kwara state after killing afonja the Fulani as licker

Lol

This is the coward below

2 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by joeyfire(m): 5:28am On Nov 29, 2019
OP - You just wasted your money subscribing if this is your new ground-breaking evidence

In your last thread your "evidence" was a video of Awo and Gowon shaking hands grin now your evidence are superficial news articles by journalists reciting what they heard Gowon say.

Especially from a left-wing rag like the Guardian newspapers that has always been a mouthpiece of the Labour Party that was shamelessly pro-FG for colonial reasons. Notice the articles did not even scratch the surface of what was going on. They were not even sure Ironsi was dead. This is your evidence..... grin

This may help you deceive yourself a little bit but it doesn't even withstand minimal historical scrutiny. Like your propaganda video this only proves that you are desperate to prove a point that doesn't exist

6 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 5:50am On Nov 29, 2019
joeyfire:
OP - You just wasted your money subscribing if this is your new ground-breaking evidence

In your last thread your "evidence" was a video of Awo and Gowon shaking hands grin now your evidence are superficial news articles by journalists reciting what they heard Gowon say.

Especially from a left-wing rag like the Guardian newspapers that has always been a mouthpiece of the Labour Party that was shamelessly pro-FG for colonial reasons. Notice the articles did not even scratch the surface of what was going on. They were not even sure Ironsi was dead. This is your evidence..... grin

This may help you deceive yourself a little bit but it doesn't even withstand minimal historical scrutiny. Like your propaganda video this only proves that you are desperate to prove a point that doesn't exist

So we should rather believe the drunkard Ojukwu?

Like I said, I don’t have any more thing to claim to you guys. It will be an exercise in futility trying to debate this truth.

The below sources cannot be stupid like ojukwu.
New York Times - American paper
The Guardian -British
Reuters -British
Australian government archives- Australian
Britishpathe- British
Premium Times - Nigeria

Bye!

5 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Sirjamo: 5:55am On Nov 29, 2019
MelesZenawi:
I only pity the Idiots coming here to always argue this trash...

Una get strength...

Some who rode on cocoa plantation to introduce ethnic politics and also died of his own devilish action is same person u waste time arguing about his end...Of what use.

Since Gowon released I believe by now he is in Ikenne. , his father's compound.
So Awolowo should have allowed Igbo to take over the leadership of my region and lord it over us with their "We are superior to everyone" mindset!

If he had allowed that to happen, I would personally go and dig out his grave and do some horrible things to it. Thank God he was such a wise man that knew the treacherous tendency and greedy altitude of you people that made him to kick your sorry asses back to your own land.

3 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 6:12am On Nov 29, 2019
Sirjamo:
So Awolowo should have allowed Igbo to take over the leadership of my region and lord it over us with their "We are superior to everyone" mindset!

If he had allowed that to happen, I would personally go and dig out his grave and do some horrible things to it. Thank God he was such a wise man that knew the treacherous tendency and greedy altitude of you people that made him to kick your sorry asses back to your own land.

Bro do you also know Azikwe tried pulling the same stunt on the Northern region? He actually tried to use Aminu Kano to enter into northern region and break the back of Ahmadu Bello.

Aminu Kano was more liberal and he hated how the emirate (kings) in the north are living extravagantly and he was trying to usurp the power of Ahmadu Bello who is more friendly to the emirate and more conservative in his Islamic tradition.

Azikwe teamed up with Aminu Kano for the house of representative seats trying to enter the Northern region, but Ahmadu Bello secured the win in all the seats thereby breaking their alliance.

Most of the ignorant folks don’t even know their history so I’m not surprised that they are easily brainwashed by their fathers with hearsay.

That man Azikwe was part of the problem of the new found country then. His ambition got over him such that he was ready to lick anybody’s asses to achieve that even at the cost of his own people.

5 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by meccuno: 6:33am On Nov 29, 2019
Every day my conviction on separation is solidified. Nigeria will never know peace until she is broken into pieces. Going through comments actually shows how disunited we are. It's just a matter of time before we go out seperate ways. Nothing in this world last forever.
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by nku5: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro do you also know Azikwe tried pulling the same stunt on the Northern region? He actually tried to use Aminu Kano to enter into northern region and break the back of Ahmadu Bello.

Aminu Kano was more liberal and he hated how the emirate (kings) in the north are living extravagantly and he was trying to usurp the power of Ahmadu Bello who is more friendly to the emirate and more conservative in his Islamic tradition.

Azikwe teamed up with Aminu Kano for the house of representative seats trying to enter the Northern region, but Ahmadu Bello secured the win in all the seats thereby breaking their alliance.

Most of the ignorant folks don’t even know their history so I’m not surprised that they are easily brainwashed by their fathers with hearsay.

That man Azikwe was part of the problem of the new found country then. His ambition got over him such that he was ready to lick anybody’s asses to achieve that even at the cost of his own people.

You cannot prove any of this. Bring even one small shred of evidence to show that Aminu Kano worked for Zik. What a despicable liar

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NEC Receiving Reports From State Judicial Panels On EndSARS / Breaking!! Violent Clash Between Akwa Ibom Residents And Yoruba (Graphic Video!) / Akwa Ibom: Desist From From Smear Campaign Against Udom, Group Tells Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.