Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo (4975 Views)

"Chief Awolowo Took Poison" - Legit.ng / Flashback : How Chief Awolowo Dethroned The Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi / Youtube Video That Showed Gowon Released Chief. Awolowo From Prison In 1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by 0monnak0da: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2019
Dedetwo:

I have on many occasions prayed lazy asses on this forum to embark on rudimentary research so that they can quit all these fake news served as fill-happy dishes to knuckleheads. If somebody is dumb enough to post crap from dailies of 1964, dude you get the evidence on your own. By the way, do you think I have zeal to enlighten you even if I am paid handsomely to do so?
Dende once again you have been let out of the sanatorium unaccompanied and unsupervised to confabulate in public
How is the new sanatorium are they washing you regularly? I recall that the last one they washed your bottom twice a month often leaving you to sit in your mess for days.....

3 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by mercyville: 11:39am On Nov 30, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol bro let me tell you the fact. That Biafran war is a genocide. It got to an extent that I had to stop reading about those war because the Biafran are always killed in their numbers by the federal troops.

The guardian newspaper always report the news daily from the start of the war to the end. So we have like almost more than 600 pages of newspapers that documented the war. Same with other western press.

Ojukwu knew he stood no chance since late 1967, but he started deploying propaganda and appealing to pity to the world powers. That was the period Azikwe had to voice out against Ojukwu by terming his people rebels coz Ojukwu would not budge even in the face of destructions of his people.

His ego was too much to swallow so he wanted to make the war a fight to the end. He was mocked in the press when he fled to Ivory Coast coz with all the propaganda he claimed, no one thought he will surrender in the most cowardly way.

Check the behaviors of most Igbos online, they also don’t accept reality in the face of evidence. They always shoot without facts and they always carry out actions without thinking. That is their major weakness and that weakness is what made manifested in Ojukwu during the war

You are on spot.GBAM!

3 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2019
Dedetwo:

[s]There is a thin line between stubbornness and stupidity. I wondered if you ever read the sketches you post as an evidence talk less comprehend them. The only prisoner stationed in defunct eastern region of Nigeria was Awolowo. The others such as Enahoro and Jakande were imprisoned in western region of Nigeria. In fact, Tafawa Balewa's led government of Nigeria and Yari.ba prosecutors wanted Awolowo to be imprisoned in Bauchi so that he would be finished off in prison. However his ass was saved by the timely intervention of jurist from eastern region which allowed Awolowo to be imprisoned in Calabar. In addition, the crap indicated that Awolowo, Enahoro and even Jakande inherited some plumb positions in Gowon's regime, one wonders why Michael Okpara was not given any position. Was Michael Okpara also imprisoned with Awolowo and Enahoro? In one of your wasteful sketches, therein the fact that a military governor in eastern region did not recognize the central government led by Gowon. If Gowon's authority did not carry water in eastern region, how could he release a political prisoner in Calabar? Only a fool does not realize that the ploy employed by Gowon was meant to fool the entire people of western region and midwestern region of Nigeria[/s].

Provide one evidence to show Ojukwu released him or keep SHUT forever.

Like I told you before, I don’t read beer parlor gists.

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2019
Dedetwo:

I[s] have on many occasions prayed lazy asses on this forum to embark on rudimentary research so that they can quit all these fake news served as feel-happy dishes to knuckleheads. If somebody is dumb enough to post crap from dailies of 1964, dude you get the evidence on your own. By the way, do you think I have the zeal to enlighten you even if I am paid handsomely to do so?[/s]

God save you I was asleep when you were writing all this crap.

The way you talk, I can deduce that you have been pierced by the truth such that you’re gallivanting over the thread and typing absolute nonsense.

Provide just one evidence to buttress any of your claim about Ojukwu releasing him or SHUT up forever like your other mate have done.

People online here are not dumb, we don’t discuss beer parlor gists and we are not an appendage of IPOB.

Even in the court of law, you gotta provide evidence to prove your facts.

2 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Omoodua007: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2019
Igbos have 0 proof off awolow release ex wot propaganda and hearsay

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
Ojukwu acted like a typical Igbo that he was. He was driven by emotion rather than common sense and logical reasoning. A typical egoistic Igbo man erroneously assumes he is stronger,smarter,richer and better than any other person around him.

The war was an avoidable tragedy and this was exactly what chief Awolowo preached to Ojukwu but his ego wouldn't allow him to take that simple advice. When the tragedy that was predicted finally came and consumed over three millions of his people,some idiots would rather blame Awolowo,Britain,Russia,Egypt,everybody except Ojukwu himself.

Who cares what they choose to believe or who they blame for their self inflicted injuries always.

4 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
LegendHero:

God save you I was asleep when you were writing all this crap.

The way you talk, I can deduce that you have been pierced by the truth such that you’re gallivanting over the thread and typing absolute nonsense.

Provide just one evidence to buttress any of your claim about Ojukwu releasing him or SHUT up forever like your other mate have done.

People online here are not dumb, we don’t discuss beer parlor gists and we are not an appendage of IPOB.

Even in the court of law, you gotta provide evidence to prove your facts.

Evidence we need is the one showing that Gowon's federal government busted into Calabar prison, freed Awolowo, and brought him to Ikoyi prison. If you have no evidence to show a forcible military action, maybe a letter, or an agreement with Ojukwu the ruler of the then independent Biafra, including Calabar prison at that time, asking for the release of Awolowo, then you convince nobody!

Imagine where a British prisoner was held in Berlin during the WWII, released by German authorities, taken to London, and then Churchill is celebrating "releasing" the prisoner from jail
You not only believe this untenable scenario, but you're wasting bandwidth posting orchestrated press releases to mark release of the prisoner in London.

Receiving a prisoner in Lagos is not the same as releasing that prisoner in Lagos.
Give me a break!

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2019
naijaking1:

Evidence we need is the one showing that Gowon's federal government busted into Calabar prison, freed Awolowo, and brought him to Ikoyi prison. If you have no evidence to show a forcible military action, maybe a letter, or an agreement with Ojukwu the ruler of the then independent Biafra, including Calabar prison at that time, asking for the release of Awolowo, then you convince nobody!

Imagine where a British prisoner was held in Berlin during the WWII, released by German authorities, taken to London, and then Churchill is celebrating "releasing" the prisoner from jail
You not only believe this untenable scenario, but you're wasting bandwidth posting orchestrated press releases to mark release of the prisoner in London.

Receiving a prisoner in Lagos is not the same as releasing that prisoner in Lagos.
Give me a break!

The bolded statement showed you are either a secondary school student or you’re just purposely ignorant.

What do you mean Ojukwu ruling independent Biafra? Awolowo was released August 3rd 1966, just 4-5 days after the counter coup that killed Ironsi.

Ojukwu declared Biafra in 1967, so what the bleep do you mean by Ojukwu ruling independent Biafra.

The more you guys reply, the more am shamed of your eduction. Is this the level of knowledge the whole Igbos on this forum can provide to defend Ojukwu?

Like I did for your other kinsmen. I will not reply you again too coz I’m even tired of responding to craps.

Goodbye bro and have a nice night!

3 Likes

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 12:03am On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

The bolded statement showed you are either a secondary school student or you’re just purposely ignorant.

What do you mean Ojukwu ruling independent Biafra? Awolowo was released August 3rd 1966, just 4-5 days after the counter coup that killed Ironsi.

Ojukwu declared Biafra in 1967, so what the bleep do you mean by Ojukwu ruling independent Biafra.

The more you guys reply, the more am shamed of your eduction. Is this the level of knowledge the whole Igbos on this forum can provide to defend Ojukwu?

Like I did for your other kinsmen. I will not reply you again too coz I’m even tired of responding to craps.

Bolded?
What bolded?
Maybe your spam generator has gone bad.

You want to change the argument that Ojukwu and easterners declared themselves independent from Nigeria? Is that what the argument is going to be now?
Whether you agreed or not for the independence of Biafra, that was objective of the war, and Biafra lost. We all know that.

Now to come here and claim that you did not know why Biafra fought Nigeria, and ask what I meant by Ojukwu ruling an independent Biafra is not only incoherent, but ignorant of your own basic facts.

Once again, and for you and your failing tribal politicians: Awolowo was jailed in Calabar city prison. Calabar city was under the control of Ojukwu, and Gowon NEVER went to Calabar to "release Awo while it was controlled by Biafrans.

Now, go to sleep, and hopefully wake up with better argument! And stop posting made up historical information without even a common sense logic to it in the future, you hear?

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Kapilta(m): 4:50am On Dec 01, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Ojukwu... calling him makes u demigod.... continue...

We have seen the wars your forefathers won and how they over won...

Nonsense set of people......full of vile..

Ndi ara.
omg, wheelbarrow pusher seems pained and totally defeated here grin LegendHero, this defeat is 'FATALITY'. grin You are indeed the son of your father, you have shown him that Pa Awos' effort and sweat over us was never in vain. You defeated him intellectualy, his propaganda, inherited hatred and bitterness couldn't save him.

Legendhero, Pa Awo will be smiling in heaven right now seeing he didn't labour in vain bringing western education to you.

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 5:30am On Dec 01, 2019
Kapilta:
omg, wheelbarrow pusher seems pained and totally defeated here grin LegendHero, this defeat is 'FATALITY'. grin You are indeed the son of your father, you have shown him that Pa Awos' effort and sweat over us was never in vain. You defeated him intellectualy, his propaganda, inherited hatred and bitterness couldn't save him.

Legendhero, Pa Awo will be smiling in heaven right now seeing he didn't labour in vain bringing western education to you.

God bless you bro.

We the Yorubas will NOT sit and watch any one born of a woman to attack or smear the image of the late sage Awolowo. He loved the Yorubas to the innermost core of his heart and he left a legacy that will continue to live for centuries to come. Hence it is our duty as Yorubas to always defend his honor in anyway we can no matter the condition.

The present corp of SW governors most times make me cry coz it’s like they are purposely sabotaging the effort of Awolowo. The Yorubas pioneered the first among first and these governors should know they are saddled with the responsibility of maintaining that lead and setting the pace for policies that other regions will follow.

Odua a gbe wa o!
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by T9ksy(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

LH, the poster you responded to is a veteran on this forum and i can tell you from my earlier interactions with him that he is without a shadow of doubt, "purposely ignorant". His (type of ignorance), was an acquired skill.

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
T9ksy:

LH, the poster you responded to is a veteran on this forum and i can tell you from my earlier interactions with him that he is without a shadow of doubt, "purposely ignorant". His (type of ignorance), was an acquired skill.

Nawa o. I even regretted replying him the first time. How would any sane person talk about an independent Biafra in August 1966 when the counter coup that ousted Ironsi was just just <6 days earlier.

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by T9ksy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

Nawa o. I even regretted replying him the first time. How would any sane person talk about an independent Biafra in August 1966 when the counter coup that ousted Ironsi was just just <6 days earlier.

That was why I ignored his intrusion to my post/request to another one of his ilk, asking if I was a learner?

He is a recent graduate from Prof Dende's School of Obfuscation where their one and only objective is, in the (obvious) absence of irrefutable evidence to buttress their premise, they MUST endeavor to confuse their opponents with superfluous data or their level of ignorance of the subject matter.
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
T9ksy:

That was why I ignored his intrusion to my post/request to another one of his ilk, asking if I was a learner?

He is a recent graduate from Prof Dende's School of Obfuscation where their one and only objective is, in the (obvious) absence of irrefutable evidence to buttress their premise, they MUST endeavor to confuse their opponents with superfluous data or their level of ignorance of the subject matter.

LMAO
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

Not sure that you slept well, because your points are now even more convoluted as ever. No regrets having a logical argument anytime, but if you prefer, then go to your tribal parapo with the likes of T9sky or whatever, and feed off of each others ignorance and hatred.
However, once you come here to push a an absurd theory that doesn't hold water, then someone, hopefully will shoot you down.

If Gowon had sway over Calabar prison at that time, don't you think he would have gone to Calabar, and staged a big and real "Awolowo Releasing Party", instead of faking it at Ikoyi prison?

Think about about it, no matter how sick the truth makes you feel. Just think!
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
naijaking1:

Not sure that you slept well, because your points are now even more convoluted as ever. No regrets having a logical argument anytime, but if you prefer, then go to your tribal parapo with the likes of T9sky or whatever, and feed off of each others ignorance and hatred.
However, once you come here to push a an absurd theory that doesn't hold water, then someone, hopefully will shoot you down.

If Gowon had sway over Calabar prison at that time, don't you think he would have gone to Calabar, and staged a big and real "Awolowo Releasing Party", instead of faking it at Ikoyi prison?

Think about about it, no matter how sick the truth makes you feel. Just think!

Is it that you have made it a full-time job to frustrate my life or you are going through some personal issues and thought about dealing with someone online with propaganda?

@the bolded, Where are you seeing Ikoyi prison in all this matter? Have you ever been admitted to Ikoyi prison or you have someone working there? You keep shouting Ikoyi prison when nothing from all the evidences point to any Ikoyi.

This is the summary "Awolowo was flown from calabar prison, arrived in a convoy of military men to Gowon office in Dodan Barracks where Gowon received him and they spoke for approx. 10 minutes".

Also why should the supreme military leader fly to Calabar to release him when he can just command and it will be done? Do Buhari need to fly to the prison where Dasuki is being held before he can release him?
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

Is it that you have made it a full-time job to frustrate my life or you are going through some personal issues and thought about dealing with someone online with propaganda?

@the bolded, Where are you seeing Ikoyi prison in all this matter? Have you ever been admitted to Ikoyi prison or you have someone working there? You keep shouting Ikoyi prison when nothing from all the evidences point to any Ikoyi.

This is the summary "Awolowo was flown from calabar prison, arrived in a convoy of military men to Gowon office in Dodan Barracks where Gowon received him and they spoke for approx. 10 minutes".

Also why should the supreme military leader fly to Calabar to release him when he can just command and it will be done? Do Buhari need to fly to the prison where Dasuki is being held before he can release him?

My brother, trust me, I am not here to frustrate your life. I believe that you have been educated rather wrongly about the sequence of events, because I wondered why the release of Awo should be such a big deal. It's one of those historical events that are now fading until you began a series publications to rather distort history in real time. No matter the amount of press assembled by Gowon, no matter the background he staged as a publicity stunt, the real questions are begging for answers.

Some earlier propaganders of falsehood had postulated several times that Gowon released Awo from Ikoyi prison, because they forgot some people still remember that Awo was actually held in Calabar prison. And like yourself, when challenged they always do the 3 things they teach in law schools about arguments: 1. Hit the facts. 2. Hit your opponent. 3. If 1& 2 fail, just hit the table!

Your example about Buhari ordering release of Dasuki is not a good example, but I am beginning to concede that maybe you didn't even know about the reason for the civil war in the first place. Once again, and despite all you have been told, Gowon had no capacity, no domain, no muscle, no power, no zip to do anything in the rebel Biafra, not rule, not command any army, police, airforce, or prison services to do any of his commands. He was not recognized as their ruler by the Biafrans for 3 years!!! Anybody coming to any major eastern city like Calabar with a directive from Gowon could have been killed instantly!

Again, Ojukwu released Awo, and he first went home to Ikenne, and from there Gowon came into the scene.
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
naijaking1:

My brother, trust me, I am not here to frustrate your life. I believe that you have been educated rather wrongly about the sequence of events, because I wondered why the release of Awo should be such a big deal. It's one of those historical events that are now fading until you began a series publications to rather distort history in real time. No matter the amount of press assembled by Gowon, no matter the background he staged as a publicity stunt, the real questions are begging for answers.

Some earlier propaganders of falsehood had postulated several times that Gowon released Awo from Ikoyi prison, because they forgot some people still remember that Awo was actually held in Calabar prison . And like yourself, when challenged they always do the 3 things they teach in law schools about arguments: 1. Hit the facts. 2. Hit your opponent. 3. If 1& 2 fail, just hit the table!

Your example about Buhari ordering release of Dasuki is not a good example, but I am beginning to concede that maybe you didn't even know about the reason for the civil war in the first place. Once again, and despite all you have been told, Gowon had no capacity, no domain, no muscle, no power, no zip to do anything in the rebel Biafra, not rule, not command any army, police, airforce, or prison services to do any of his commands. He was not recognized as their ruler by the Biafrans for 3 years!!! Anybody coming to any major eastern city like Calabar with a directive from Gowon could have been killed instantly!

Again, Ojukwu released Awo, and he first went home to Ikenne, and from there Gowon came into the scene.

@ the first bolded, Can you provide the sources to one of such propaganda? Just give one source!

Bro let us both subject this to reason and treat this as an academic exercise. Also remember in this argument, no victor no vanquished!

Sorry to say, you are confusing yourself and you are making your emotion to do the work instead of your reasoning faculty. Please try to calm down and review your writings again to see the truth.

In January 15th 1966, the military coup happened and Ironsi became head of state.
in January 17th 1966, Ojukwu was installed as the military governor of Eastern region.
in July 28, 1966 the counter coup that ousted Ironsi happened and he was kidnapped
in August 1, 1966 Gowon became the head of state (Just 3 days after the coup)
in August 3, 1966 Gowon released Awolowo and other prisoners.
on May 30, 1967 Ojukwu declared Biafra (Almost a year after the release of Awolowo)

Based on the above timeline of events, why do you make your second bolded statement? Was Ojukwu already controlling the airforce and army of the rebel biafra in August 3rd 1966? Do we even have any nation called Biafra in August 3rd 1966?

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

@ the first bolded, Can you provide the sources to one of such propaganda? Just give one source!

Bro let us both subject this to reason and treat this as an academic exercise. Also remember in this argument, no victor no vanquished!

Sorry to say, you are confusing yourself and you are making your emotion to do the work instead of your reasoning faculty. Please try to calm down and review your writings again to see the truth.

In January 15th 1966, the military coup happened and Ironsi became head of state.
in January 17th 1966, Ojukwu was installed as the military governor of Eastern region.
in July 28, 1966 the counter coup that ousted Ironsi happened and he was kidnapped
in August 1, 1966 Gowon became the head of state (Just 3 days after the coup)
in August 3, 1966 Gowon released Awolowo and other prisoners.
on May 30, 1967 Ojukwu declared Biafra (Almost a year after the release of Awolowo)

Based on the above timeline of events, why do you make your second bolded statement? Was Ojukwu already controlling the airforce and army of the rebel biafra in August 3rd 1966? Do we even have any nation called Biafra in August 3rd 1966?

https://www.herald.ng/awolowo-prison-gowon-ojukwu/

Title:

See Video of Gowon Releasing Awolowo From Prison in 1966
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
naijaking1:

https://www.herald.ng/awolowo-prison-gowon-ojukwu/

Title:

See Video of Gowon Releasing Awolowo From Prison in 1966

The below are the wording on that site. No place in the whole writeup mentioned Ikoyi prison. Or am I the one that is visually impaired coz now it's starting to seems like you are trolling me! Also you should answer my question from my earlier post.

"""Going back in history, there has been a controversial discussion as to the exact person that released Chief Obafemi Awolowo from prison. Chief Awolowo is an Icon who played a major movement towards Nigeria’s Independent in the 90s.

In other to buttress the point that General Gowon released Chief Awolowo, a video has been seen which shows General Gowon escorting Awolowo out of prison on August 3, 1966.

See Video Below;

Chief Awolowo was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in 1963 after being found guilty of conspiracy to overthrow the government of Nigeria but was however released in August 1966.

There is the popular narrative that it was Ojukwu who released Chief Awolowo from prison in 1966, while there is the other narrative which speculated that it was General Yakubu Gowon.

According to reports, General Gowon took over the government as the Head of State on August 1, 1966, while Chief Awolowo got released on August 3, 1966, about 2 days after Gowon took over the government. """
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
Nice video! Well orchestrated indeed. But, what prison is Gowon "releasing" Awo from? It's certainly not Calabar prison.
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
naijaking1:
Nice video! Well orchestrated indeed. But, what prison is Gowon "releasing" Awo from? It's certainly not Calabar prison.

Maybe the english on the topic of the video is confusing to you. That video just showed Awo after he was flown form Calabar, he met with Gwown after landing in Lagos in Dodan barracks after he was released from Calabar prison.

That is not a prison, that is Dodan barracks!

1 Like

Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

The below are the wording on that site. No place in the whole writeup mentioned Ikoyi prison. Or am I the one that is visually impaired coz now it's starting to seems like you are trolling me! Also you should answer my question from my earlier post.

"""Going back in history, there has been a controversial discussion as to the exact person that released Chief Obafemi Awolowo from prison. Chief Awolowo is an Icon who played a major movement towards Nigeria’s Independent in the 90s.

In other to buttress the point that General Gowon released Chief Awolowo, a video has been seen which shows General Gowon escorting Awolowo out of prison on August 3, 1966.

See Video Below;

Chief Awolowo was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in 1963 after being found guilty of conspiracy to overthrow the government of Nigeria but was however released in August 1966.

There is the popular narrative that it was Ojukwu who released Chief Awolowo from prison in 1966, while there is the other narrative which speculated that it was General Yakubu Gowon.

According to reports, General Gowon took over the government as the Head of State on August 1, 1966, while Chief Awolowo got released on August 3, 1966, about 2 days after Gowon took over the government. """

Video was captioned: Releasing Awolowo from prison. Do you doubt it too?
If it had said receiving Awolowo who had just been released, it would be case closed, but for some odd reasons, Gowon and the promoters of this forgery wants to show the World how he released Awo from prison.

BTW, I like the prison uniform, the small room, and the environment. Good imaginary.
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by naijaking1: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

See Video Below;

Hear Ojukwu's word. Like him or hate him, just think about facts of the matter for now.

http://republicreporters.com/ojukwu-released-awolowo-from-calabar-jail-i-released-awolowo-from-jail-even-that-some-people-are-beginning-to-contest-as-well-awo-was-in-jail-in-calabar-gowon-knows-and-the-whole-of-the-federal/

Awolowo's book never really answered the question about who directly released him.
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2019
naijaking1:

Video was captioned: Releasing Awolowo from prison. Do you doubt it too?
If it had said receiving Awolowo who had just been released , it would be case closed, but for some odd reasons, Gowon and the promoters of this forgery wants to show the World how he released Awo from prison.

BTW, I like the prison uniform, the small room, and the environment. Good imaginary.

Oh I got your drift now. You are in a mortal war with the english language used for the caption rather than the actual premises of the argument.

Question:
If the video had been captured Gowon receiving Awolowo who had just been released, will you believe Gown ordered Awo release?
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
naijaking1:

Hear Ojukwu's word. Like him or hate him, just think about facts of the matter for now.

http://republicreporters.com/ojukwu-released-awolowo-from-calabar-jail-i-released-awolowo-from-jail-even-that-some-people-are-beginning-to-contest-as-well-awo-was-in-jail-in-calabar-gowon-knows-and-the-whole-of-the-federal/

Awolowo's book never really answered the question about who directly released him.

Awo book "Awo on the Nigerian civil war" published in 1982 addressed who released him.

I lost the copy of that book when I left Nigeria but if i'm sure it is being sold on the online store. You can get a copy to read.

Stop giving me what Ojukwu said, it holds no water.
Gowon also said he released Awolowo from prison when he visited Awo's wife in Ikenne.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191679-why-i-released-awolowo-from-prison-gowon.html
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:28pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

Go and sleep
You're completely washed
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
Nigeriabiafra80:

Go and sleep
You're completely washed

Well it’s daytime here.

Maybe I should just watch movie instead!
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
LegendHero:

Well it’s daytime here.

Maybe I should just watch movie instead!
Go back or better still write more nonsense
Las las
Na ya monthly allowance u go collect
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by LegendHero(m): 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2019
Nigeriabiafra80:

Las las

Not for bragging. I can feed you and your family for life.

I repeat for life.
Re: RE: A More ABSOLUTELY Convincing Evidence To Show Gowon Released Chief Awolowo by T9ksy(m): 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
Nigeriabiafra80:

Las las

And you considering your skant contribution (to the discourse), must still be on probation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World War III: Must Watch Iranians Stoning American Soldiers Out Of Iran / APC Governors Keep Mum On Postponed Convention, To Meet Buhari On Tuesday / Failure To Win 25% In FCT: It Was An Error To Declare Tinubu Winner Says SANs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.