Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is Tatooing Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tatooing Biblical? (1142 Views)

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? / Biblical Contradictions: What should we believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tatooing Biblical? by Ayakata: 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2010
Are der bible verses dt support tatooing or is it even African?
Re: Is Tatooing Biblical? by Oxygenmayo(m): 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2010
the word [b]tatoo [/b]was somehow mentioned in the book of Exodus, but God instructed the Israelite not to copy the custom of the Egyptians, coz they are the one who make tattoos on their body, why should you alter your image which is in the likeness of God?
Re: Is Tatooing Biblical? by jmoore(m): 10:54pm On Nov 24, 2010
some people need to know that somethings in the old testament holds no place in the new testament.

some kind of foods were forbidden in old but were later changed in new as God revealed that he created them so none is unholy.

About tatoos? It does not matter. you can get a tatoo but be careful cos some may never get erased from your body
Re: Is Tatooing Biblical? by Oxygenmayo(m): 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2010
some people need to know that somethings in the old testament holds no place in the new testament.

@jmoore:wat meks you think things in the old testament are oldies? will you tell me that you would neglect the old testament and use more of the new testament? Jesus himself made references to the old testament, so y would you consider it as non-essential? please let read both old and new testament,

Tattoo carries spiritual symbol and its mostly occultic as said by some pastors and I stand for their opinion, shekena!!!
Re: Is Tatooing Biblical? by jmoore(m): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2010
your pastor needs to study more.

Sacrifices were made in old testament but when Jesus died there was no need for any sacrifices

Did you even read my post well, some foods were forbidden in the old testament but in the new testament when peter had a vision, God told him that no animal is unclean

Tattoos are not bad depending on what you write on your body
I mean if your draw something relating to the crucification of Jesus on your body, there is nothing wrong with it.
Re: Is Tatooing Biblical? by 2thunder(m): 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2010
Lev. 19:28 said it and the bible says in jeremiah 29:11''that the thought i have for u is good and not evil for u to reach an expected end'' tattoo is not an expected end, tattoo is cancerous to the skin, if u think am lying ask your doctor and why would any one change a perfect skin.
Re: Is Tatooing Biblical? by amurx(m): 12:48pm On Nov 27, 2010
Fink tatoo is ry 4rm da beginning,
Re: Is Tatooing Biblical? by page4: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2010
LEV 19: 28
ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh
for the dead, nor print any marks upon your skin: I am the LORD
Re: Is Tatooing Biblical? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2010
i dont know how u interpret, but is dat verse not referring to marks made in remembrance or for a dead person? which even outlines the very funny fact that 3 pple read the same versr and give 4 interptetations. and pls which is which, old testament, valid or not?

(1) (Reply)

Are We All Products Of Incestous Relationships? / Yoruba Religion! Look This Way! / Where Is The Apology For Christians And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.