Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo (7433 Views)

President Tinubu Remembers His Mother, Abibatu Mogaji 10 Years After / How Abibatu Mogaji (Tinubu's Mother) Welcomed Awolowo From Prison In 1966 / Tinubu's Mother, Abibatu Magaji Campaigning For Awolowo And Jakande In 1979 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo by DMerciful(m): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
I agree that the leadership of both tribes are all thesame, maintain the status quo cos they are currently benefiting from it. They use the youths whose future is at stake but too naive to see it. I have pondered seriously at the situation perhaps a benevolent, nationalistic, patriotic, and God fearing dictator might be a way out cos we're in serious quagmire!
LegendHero:

God bless you.

On the political issue about Ohanezes and Yoruba leaders, bro the earlier we come to reality, the better for all of us. Although it can be argued that if the leadership bloc from both regions can come together to form an alliance, some of the problem can be solved but I think we are all failing to see the actual problem affecting both region.

The elders group and politicians are all the same across each divide. They will NEVER be happy seeing the unity of purpose among both tribes. Who will defend Igbo politician or elders that is corrupt in the online space if we (Yorubas and Igbos) are all united? Who will also defend the Yoruba politician or elder that is corrupt in the online space if we (Yorubas and Igbos) are all united? They are all thieves hiding under the cloak of patriotism to their tribesmen to enrich themselves and their cronies.

I was saying it here the other time, I read some books about how Awolowo implemented the free education and the hardship he had to go through to achieve that feat. He was mocked, bullied by the western press, faced much opposition from the uneducated Agbekoya but yet he proceeded and we are still talking about his legacies several decades later. The present corp of South West governors have failed us, they have no definite philosophy and you can't even say this is their goals. This is also true to the Igbo governors coz I'm pretty sure they do not follow in the footpath of the labor of the Azikwes.

We the southerners most times always blame the North for all our problems, saying the south will be an eldorado if we were a separate country and sometimes I always laugh. Will the south not still be ruled by all these fraud politicians we parade in the new country? For the south to achieve prosperity even as a separate country, there must be a sweeping revolution such that these current political class will be wiped away (not death) from the new establishment for us to have the prosperity we dream of.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo by MetaPhysical: 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol even don't believe that

Zik was better than him in every aspect

Political
Recognition
Education
Every aspect bro

Have you ever seen Zik wear Igbo traditional attire? He always dressed in Yoruba dansiki and agbada.

Have you ever heard of Zik institute any social development scheme or program for his people...or even for the country? Awo had many. He pioneered radio, television and universal primary education in Nigeria.

Have you seen any industrial zone in East, and were they created by Zik? Awo had many industrial zones and even social welfare programmes in West.

Awo pioneered Cocoa Cooperatives and pricing boards across West and also started Oodua Industries. Which market influence or investment programme did Zik create or left as legacy in East?

Please educate on Zik's political, educational, social, economical influence in East.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo by mrvitalis(m): 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Have you ever seen Zik wear Igbo traditional attire? He always dressed in Yoruba dansiki and agbada.

Have you ever heard of Zik institute any social development scheme or program for his people...or even for the country? Awo had many. He pioneered radio, television and universal primary education in Nigeria.

Have you seen any industrial zone in East, and were they created by Zik? Awo had many industrial zones and even social welfare programmes in West.

Awo pioneered Cocoa Cooperatives and pricing boards across West and also started Oodua Industries. Which market influence or investment programme did Zik create or left as legacy in East?

Please educate on Zik's political, educational, social, economical influence in East.
Zik was a capitalist
Re: Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo by LegendHero(m): 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2019
DMerciful:
I agree that the leadership of both tribes are all thesame, maintain the status quo cos they are currently benefiting from it. They use the youths whose future is at stake but too naive to see it. I have pondered seriously at the situation perhaps a benevolent, nationalistic, patriotic, and God fearing dictator might be a way out cos we're in serious quagmire !

I'm telling you. That could just be the solution to our problem. Our current leaders already made it a full-time job to frustrate us to the end.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo by Beosten(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
AirFireEarthH20:
Awolowo will be weeping in his grave seeing the tribalism he started how it's has grown so huge in Nigeria today. He kicked against Zik becoming the Premier of Western Region by doing midnight meeting and bribing Yorubas to cross over to his party overnight.

Awo was not a great man, he was only a regional tribal chief. Akintola, Remi Kayode were greater than Awo because they were Nationalists
. God forbids bad thing
Re: Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo by MetaPhysical: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2019
mrvitalis:

Zik was a capitalist

A what

I take God beg you, no provoke my mental energies this Sunday afternoon. I need my brain energies to maintain a steady and low key output. grin

Go respond on that thread i created for you....and while there you better talk like you went to school. angry
Re: Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo by Omoodua007: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2019
Beosten:

So a flatinô would have ruled Southwest? Tufiakwa. God forbids bad thing

The same zik that was a disaster to Ipod land
He should test is “ one Naijaria” in Northern Nigeria not west
Re: Tinubu Mother Abibatu Magaji Made A Banner For Awolowo On His Release - Photo by Omoodua007: 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2019
mrvitalis:

Zik was a capitalist

What are the capitalist policies ?
Where were thr free trade zones Lool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo: FG Has Built 19,478 Out Of 300,000 Homes For Nigerians / Sanusi Marks 51st Independence In Church / 4 Shocking Findings About Buhari:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.