Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling (28966 Views)

Allen Onyema And Air Peace Should Learn Excellence From The Bull - Reno Omokri / Nigerian Airlines And The Controversies Over Ownership And Source Capital / List Of All Nigerian Airlines And Airline Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by BigGuyMan: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
LordAzubuike:

If i insult you now the mods will ban me just like they did to my chief account all because I exposed someone for buying a degree certificate from cotonou.
Oga shut up jor
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by eluquenson(m): 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
So I could read these from top to bottom grin

It's fascinating
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by SaintLorenzo(m): 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
The problem with the world is that the people who understand the depth of love are alone.
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by 3kay945(m): 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
When I flew to Saudi, it was only naija airport (ikeja) I felt something similar to when Danfo bus enter a pothole when we were landing. Because of rough runway we have.

cool
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Chomsky1967(f): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
cicikhemy:
Impressive information...NB:-This thread is meant for glamorous folks and not slay mamas
Threads like this are for information purposes, it has got nothing to do with class. There are glamorous folk who need this info and slay mamas who don't because their brains slay too
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
op thanks for this post cheesy.i remember when i used virgin atlantic they were givng me cake,grape and some black looking fruits as lunch cheesy cheesy cheesy.i just had to eat everything cos o had no choice cheesy.as for the loss of water from the body now i can understand why the air hostesses where always giving us bottle of water regularly while on board.
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by linearity: 8:10pm On Nov 28, 2019
chibu4u2:
shocked
Very informative.

5. An air traveler looses approximately 1.5 liters of water in the body during a three-hour flight.

This part really got me confused like what really happens, why the loss of water?

It’s the same way people loss weight....through breathing.

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sunisonflex39:
gather here if you know you are yet to enter plane..

2020 is our year
God go do am cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by BotherMleeper(m): 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
chibu4u2:
shocked
Very informative.

5. An air traveler looses approximately 1.5 liters of water in the body during a three-hour flight.

This part really got me confused like what really happens, why the loss of water?

The pressurized air is dry and thus makes one dehydrated.

The op should've made it clear that this applies only to flights at altitudes where cabin pressurization is required

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
LordAzubuike:
Nice information.. only constant air travellers like us will understand.. those that travel through God is good or ezenwata might not understand what is going on.
those that haven"t travel by air i guess they watch movies about air flights..dont u think?
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Mrkarlz(m): 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
Nice info...thanks at op
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Sikay19(m): 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
J111333:
Don't just wish bro, make a move about it else your wish will be another unfulfilled dream.

Flying airplanes today is easier than playing video games because most pilots fly planes only for about 4mins in total. 2mins of take off and 2mins of landing leaving everything to AP.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Enemyofpeace: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2019
mynd44 have you ever flewed out of the country through aeroplane before? For where? E easy? tongue tongue
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by cicikhemy(f): 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
Chomsky1967:

Threads like this are for information purposes, it has got nothing to do with class. There are glamorous folk who need this info and slay mamas who don't because their brains slay too
still on the same point
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by zealadjay(m): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
RonaldoVido:

Parrot or Harlot ?
grin grin grin

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by chibu4u2(m): 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
BotherMleeper:

The pressurized air is dry and thus makes one dehydrated.

The op should've made it clear that this applies only to flights at altitudes where cabin pressurization is required

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Ajibade123(m): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
I remembere I wanted to be a pilot😁😁😁😁 see me now
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Tuns20(m): 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2019
NaijadrivaCars:
Since when the Wright Brothers invented the modern airplane, a lot has changed in the technology, air travel and trends in the Industry.

In this post, Naijadriva would list 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling as follows:

1. All International Airline Pilots speak English.

2. Flights longer than 8 hours require 3 pilots (1 captain and 2 first officers) to rotate flying duties. Flights longer than 12 hours require 4 pilots (1 captain and 3 first officers). They usually fly 3-4 hour shifts.

3. Each airline pilot flying the aircraft, eats a different meal to minimize the risk of all pilots on board being ill.

4. The height requirement for Flight Attendant is for safety reasons, making sure that all flight attendants can reach overhead safety equipment.

6. The reason why the lights are turned out during takeoff and landing Is for your eyes to adjust to lower levels of light.

7. The World’s largest Airline in terms of Fleet Size is Emirates airline (United Arab Emirates) with 744 aircraft and 121 aircraft on order.

8. The largest passenger plane is the Airbus 380 – nearly 240 feet long, almost 80 feet high, and has a wingspan of more than 260 feet. The double-decker plane has a standard seating capacity of 555 passengers for Emirates airline.

9. The Internet/On-Line check-in was first used by Alaskan Airlines in 1999.

10. The 2nd Largest Airport is Kansai International Airport, Osaka, Japan. Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali, Dubai, United Arab Emirates is the largest airport in the world.

11. The airport with the longest runway in the world is Qamdo Bangda Airport in the People’s Republic of China with 5.50 kilometers in length.

12. Singapore Airlines spends about $700 million on food every year and $16 million on wine alone. First class passengers consume 20,000 bottles of alcohol every month and Singapore Airlines is the second largest buyer of Dom Perignon champagne in the world.

13. KLM of Netherlands stands for Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij (meaning Royal Dutch Airlines).

14. KLM is the worlds’ oldest airline established in 1919.

15. QANTAS – Australia’s national airline, originally stood for Queensland and Northern Territories Air Service.
QANTAS is the second world’s oldest airline established in 1920.
QANTAS still has the world’s best safety record with no crashes.

16. Virgin Atlantic lists catering as their third biggest expense, after fuel and maintenance.

17. In one year, British Airways passengers consume: 40.5 tons of chicken, 6 tons of caviar, 22 tons of smoked salmon, 557,507 boxes of chocolate and 90 thousand cases (9 liter cases) of sparkling wine.

18. Airbus, an European airplane maker headquartered in France, currently has 45% of the highest share of planes in the skies while USA’s Boeing has 43%. The rest of the market share are owned mainly by Bombardier and Irkut.

19. Airbus A380 is currently the world’s most popular airplane than Boeing’s 737s. The crisis that cost the 737s its crown is the latest generation 737 Max. This model however has been grounded worldwide following Lion Air and Ethiopian airline crashes.

20. The current world’s busiest Airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, USA with total passengers of 107,394,029+, beating its closest rival, Beijing Capital International Airport with Total passengers of 100,983,290+.

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/11/28/20-facts-about-airports-airlines-and-air-travelling/

The headquarters of airbus is in Leiden, Netherlands...
Secondly Airbus A320 is the world most popular airplane not a380...check the stats launch date of a380 is 2007..a320 is 1984
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by fkj950ax(m): 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
Boringdraw1:
How can I become a pilot?

There is an aviation school in Zaria and another in Ilorin

Easier if you can go to South Africa. Lots of flight schools there with small planes which can help you gather flight hours to qualify to fly passenger jets
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Tocynone(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
@ op, pls check fact no 10
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by maxiuc(m): 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
Kingsteve:
21: The leg room in the economy class of the Singapore airline Airbus A380 is almost as spacious as the first class in BA's Boeing. Same thing with Qatar airways

Airbus vs Dreamliner

Source: personal experience

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2019
Nice info for d KIDS

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by nickxtra(m): 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
Akachukwu42:
Make I perch here
Here na ur nest?

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by NaijadrivaCars: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
Tuns20:

The headquarters of airbus is in Leiden, Netherlands...
Secondly Airbus A320 is the world most popular airplane not a380...check the stats launch date of a380 is 2007..a320 is 1984

Operating HQ of Airbus is France but registered HQ is Netherlands. Let me ask you, are we wrong then

About the second A320's yes, check our blog.
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Areaboy2(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2019
Number 18.
Where is Embraer?

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by pweetychyka(f): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2019
chibu4u2:
shocked
Very informative.

Cabin pressure most times causes loss of water in the body. That's why it's advised to try as much as possible to stay hydrated while onboard!
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Faithful007: 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
Op, your fact 7 and 19 are wrong. American airlines is the largest airline by fleet size with 957 fleet. Emirates airline has just 257 fleet.

Also the 737 model is the most popular and successful aeroplane model as Boeing has sold close to 15000 units. it also accounts for the highest percentage of global air travel.
Get your facts right

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Lexxyyla(m): 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
I had experience of Lights being turned on during Take Off and Landing in Ethiopian Airlines flying from Abuja to Nairobi through Addis Ababa
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Lexxyyla(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
The Largest Airline By Fleet Size is American Airlines
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by akaahs(m): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
Imagine a Giant Tank of Hard Steel that Float in the Sky
Where was our ancestors when white people where coming up with this mind blowing inventions..
Even This internet was created by white man
Damnnn..

#WhitePeopleAreGODS
Aircraft aren't made of steel, they are made of fibres.
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by Omolomo4eva(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
All diz info r not relevant to d Bini pipo wen they themselves av airports,aircraft n knows d airways.Oba,na joke i dayo!

grin
Re: 20 Facts About Airports, Airlines And Air Travelling by iceberg02(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
Informative......,. Check my siggy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogbalaelu Spring Water In Abia. Pics Of Water Springing From Rocks In Umuahia / My Adventure Across The Calabar River... With Pictures. / Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.