Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (28885 Views)

Best Places To Visit In Akwa Ibom State .. Tourism & Travel.. Photos / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) / Top 5 Interesting Places In Lagos To Celebrate Nigeria @ 59 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Opinionated: 11:18am On Mar 07, 2018
By Uchechi Moses

Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom is renowned for her serenity, safety, hospitality, well-paved roads and arguably the best of delicious delicacies. A city of slightly over half a million residents with her international airport one hour drive from the city centre. She has enough to wow her visitors. Here are four interesting places to visit in Uyo.

Discovery Park

Located along Udo Umana Street. With the popular market – Akpan Andem – and the Township Stadium in propinquity. It is a nature themed park that is characterised by scenic views of the old stadium and the surrounding environment. Revellers can indulge themselves in the delicacies available in the park while melodious songs are played by the audio team. Delicacies include but not limited to: Isi-ewu, Nkwobi (made using cow’s leg and tail), Dog meat (popularly called 404), chicken prepared in different forms – deliciously, goat meat pepper soup, barbecue fish and lots more. Akwa Ibom is known for her array of mouth-watering soups ranging from Afang to Editan to Afia Efere (White soup) to Atama to Edika Ikong and others. Albeit, not a soup, the legendary Ekpang Nkuwo is available. Discover them at Discovery!

Ibom Tropicana Centre

Situated along Udo Udoma Way in Uyo. This is the number one entertainment centre in the state. Modelled after Sun City in South Africa with Silverbird Cinemas as the anchor tenant. Movie tickets range from N1, 000 – 1,500. With students in tertiary institutions and corps’ members paying 20% less the fee (Note: Have a form of identification). Another notable tenant is Silver Lounge Restaurant, with her rich array of meals – continental and African. This is an environment lovers will find romantic. Additionally, the centre provides visitors with activities such as bike riding, electronic games, snooker etc. to immerse themselves in.

Museum of Arts and Culture

For arts and culture lovers, this is one place to visit. Established in 1989, this is a centre of archival items, ethnographic collections and artifacts of the state’s history. It is also a centre for museum education and sales of memorabilia. It is situated along Udo Udoma Way.

Playground

Located at 36, Dominic Etuk Avenue (formerly known as Brooks Street). Playground which is similar to Discovery Park but more popular offers a serene place for friends, associates and family to unwind after the hustle and bustle of life. With more than 15 aesthetically designed bars that offer the best of delicacies, and an open space wide as an Olympic size football stadium, it can host events of relative attendance. With a standby musical band and avenues for sporting activities, entertainment never ceases at Playground.1111-300x169 Interesting Places to Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom StateTour Her Culinary Sites

Tour Her Culinary Sites

The people of the state are renowned for their exceptional culinary skills, which have produced some of Nigeria’s best delicacies. The home of Afang. Atama, Edika Ikong, Editan, Afia efere soups, and not forgetting Ekpang Nkukwo. Home to some of Nigeria’s well-paved roads, I implore you to tour the city. Visit the popular Mummy J; Ola’s Place (for your Yoruba meals); Kilimanjaro (both continental and local); Food Affairs, and the various culinary outfits by the Ibibios. Taste the city through her delicacies.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/interesting-places-visit-uyo-akwa-ibom-state/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by RoyalBlak007: 11:20am On Mar 07, 2018
Not
Bad cool
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by alphacyborg(m): 11:33am On Mar 07, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Crankshaft: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
And my house

I reserve a pot of dog meat for you.

7 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Gentlevin: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
AKWAIBOM ADO OK......AKWAIBOM AYAYA.......UYO AYAYA......

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by eleojo23: 12:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
Gentlevin:
AKWAIBOM ADO OK......AKWAIBOM AYAYA.......UYO AYAYA......

Idem mfo?

6 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by GreatOlu1: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
Stadium nko

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by GreatOlu1: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
Akwa-ibom yaya, may love for that state ehn.

10 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by olafunny(m): 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
How I wish Nigerians could be one! How I wish I could travel down to east without the fear of been kidnapped! How I wish I could go all the way up to the north without the anxiety of been slaughtered like a goat. Even in the west I reside, I still have the fear of been used for ritual. Unfortunately, Nigeria doesn't seem like a country which could accommodate unity. We all have our roles to play as Nigerians. Let the Northerners peacefully explore the beauty of the East and the Westerns embraced in the North. Discrimination won't lead us anywhere, but to destruction of lives and property.

Naija is beautiful and we are beautiful people.

I'm a yoruba boy and I love you all no matter where you come from kiss

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by hubtiva: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
hmmm
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
How much does her citizens earn?
The state is rich but the people are poor.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
Crankshaft:
And my house

I jump your pot of soup pass.
I don't eat 404....

Btw, Uyo, here I come!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by bugidon(m): 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
I love akwa ibom girls. Dey know how to... Naso grin

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by marvin906(m): 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
PART OF THE 7 STATES AM TOURING VERY SOON cheesy cheesy
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by akandi4u(m): 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
Ado okay
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Fianze93(m): 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2018
I'm in the stadium now as I type, for the Akwa Ibom Youth Sports Festival.

Have been to Tropicana, Ibom Plaza...

Seems like that your number one will be my next stop.

Finally Uyo sweet.

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
Story! Na wash. Its my state.
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by congorasta: 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
k
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by congorasta: 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2018
olafunny:
How I wish Nigerians could be one! How I wish I could travel down to east without the fear of been kidnapped! How I wish I could go all the way up to the north without the anxiety of been slaughtered like a goat. Even in the west I reside, I still have the fear of been used for ritual. Unfortunately, Nigeria doesn't seem like a country which could accommodate unity. We all have our roles to play as Nigerians. Let the Northerners peacefully explore the beauty of the East and the Westerns embraced in the North. Discrimination won't lead us anywhere, but to destruction of lives and property.

keep your oneness to your self

5 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Bamz(m): 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2018
I thought Uyo had more attractions. How much budget should one have to spend a 3 day vacation in Uyo?

Opinionated
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Flexy2vybes(m): 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
Kul.... we stil hv places lik vilage square, kul spot 4 kul minds. outside uyo we hav tilapia island resort. idung nnyin ayaya.
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by victorjoe(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
Opinionated:
By Uchechi Moses

Uyo, capital of Akwa Ibom is renowned for her serenity, safety, hospitality, well-paved roads and arguably the best of delicious delicacies. A city of slightly over half a million residents with her international airport one hour drive from the city centre. She has enough to wow her visitors. Here are four interesting places to visit in Uyo.

Discovery Park

Located along Udo Umana Street. With the popular market – Akpan Andem – and the Township Stadium in propinquity. It is a nature themed park that is characterised by scenic views of the old stadium and the surrounding environment. Revellers can indulge themselves in the delicacies available in the park while melodious songs are played by the audio team. Delicacies include but not limited to: Isi-ewu, Nkwobi (made using cow’s leg and tail), Dog meat (popularly called 404), chicken prepared in different forms – deliciously, goat meat pepper soup, barbecue fish and lots more. Akwa Ibom is known for her array of mouth-watering soups ranging from Afang to Editan to Afia Efere (White soup) to Atama to Edika Ikong and others. Albeit, not a soup, the legendary Ekpang Nkuwo is available. Discover them at Discovery!

Ibom Tropicana Centre

Situated along Udo Udoma Way in Uyo. This is the number one entertainment centre in the state. Modelled after Sun City in South Africa with Silverbird Cinemas as the anchor tenant. Movie tickets range from N1, 000 – 1,500. With students in tertiary institutions and corps’ members paying 20% less the fee (Note: Have a form of identification). Another notable tenant is Silver Lounge Restaurant, with her rich array of meals – continental and African. This is an environment lovers will find romantic. Additionally, the centre provides visitors with activities such as bike riding, electronic games, snooker etc. to immerse themselves in.

For arts and culture lovers, this is one place to visit. Established in 1989, this is a centre of archival items, ethnographic collections and artifacts of the state’s history. It is also a centre for museum education and sales of memorabilia. It is situated along Udo Udoma Way.

Playground

Located at 36, Dominic Etuk Avenue (formerly known as Brooks Street). Playground which is similar to Discovery Park but more popular offers a serene place for friends, associates and family to unwind after the hustle and bustle of life. With more than 15 aesthetically designed bars that offer the best of delicacies, and an open space wide as an Olympic size football stadium, it can host events of relative attendance. With a standby musical band and avenues for sporting activities, entertainment never ceases at Playground.1111-300x169 Interesting Places to Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom StateTour Her Culinary Sites

Tour Her Culinary Sites

The people of the state are renowned for their exceptional culinary skills, which have produced some of Nigeria’s best delicacies. The home of Afang. Atama, Edika Ikong, Editan, Afia efere soups, and not forgetting Ekpang Nkukwo. Home to some of Nigeria’s well-paved roads, I implore you to tour the city. Visit the popular Mummy J; Ola’s Place (for your Yoruba meals); Kilimanjaro (both continental and local); Food Affairs, and the various culinary outfits by the Ibibios. Taste the city through her delicacies.

Op Akwa Ibom nyin ado ok.
You forgot to mention the 21 storey Mobil headquarters presently being constructed around banking layout, 8 lane Ibaka deep sea port road presently under construction too.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by phreakabit(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
alphacyborg:
Ok

Filthy Yoruba sub-human. Why are you guys creatures so full of hate and envy?
Can't you just give kudos to people who are actually doing something worthwhile
?

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by macaranta(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
Roasted plantain and chicken in Uyo too is a great delicacy.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Culin(f): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2018
undecided is that all?
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by victorjoe(m): 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Crankshaft:
And my house

The way you guys talk about this dog meat ehn. See, not every Akwa Ibomite eats dog I. It's a matter of choice. More than half of the population don't. The funny thing is that it's people that come from other state that take over the eating once they taste it. Ask students that are non indigenes.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fisfat(m): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
This places is not as fine as the picture you are posting op

Discovery park is a minute trek from my apartment and it doesn’t look like the picture you posted

Opinionated:
By Uchechi Moses

Discovery Park

Ibom Tropicana Centre

Playground

Tour Her Culinary Sites

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by olafunny(m): 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2018
congorasta:

keep your oneness to your self
k
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by UDIOK: 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
olafunny:

Bros a high level of illiteracy is the bane of the whole problems emanated from the Northern certain tribe....when people are educated you cant think of laying siege in another community just to wipe out generation......Even the Bible says study to show yourself approve a workman that need not be ashame of the gospel of Jesus Christ rightly dividing the word of truth........how did you expect people to rightly divide the truth when they don't even know left and right.......people fight for their god instead of allowing God to fight for itself......illiteracy is our problem simple...we inter marry but yet when issues concerning another tribe emerges every body will forget that their route are intertwine

1 Like

Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by fashrola(m): 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
Bamz:
I thought Uyo had more attractions. How much budget should one have to spend a 3 day vacation in Uyo?

Opinionated

They are cool places to visit apart from listed places...

Discovery park is not really cool again to visit... It's not well maintained

The museum area? Well that's a dead zone at night... No go area for me..

Ibom Tropicana.. Well it's a cool place to visit at least they show current movies

Top places to visit in Uyo
*Ibom Tropicana
*Le Meridien Hotel
*Legolas Farm
*Pyramid or Pegasus
*Alacarte Restaurant

Other places to visit that's not too far from Uyo
*Tilapia Resort at Abak (Really cool place) about 10mins drive from Uyo

Top Hotels to lodge
*Le Meridien Hotel
*De Castle Luxury hotel
*Emjim
*George Residence (Very close to Ibom Tropicana, Pegasus and Pyramid)
*Majesty Realms
*D'angelo hotel
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by Chuksgeo: 1:32pm On Mar 07, 2018
Beautiful Ayayaa
Re: Interesting Places To Visit In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State by alphacyborg(m): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
phreakabit:

Filthy Yoruba sub-human. Why are you guys creatures so full of hate and envy?
Can't you just give kudos to people who are actually doing something worthwhile
?

Abum onye igbo , nwannem were kwanu uwa nwayo nwayo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Nigerians Living In Turkey I Need Your Help / Accident On Oshodi-Apapa Expressway Kills Driver, Another In Coma (Photos) / Steam Ship Used By British Government In 1880 Spotted In Bayelsa State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.