Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate (34587 Views)

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / Man Constructs And Drives A Weird Type Of Vehicle (pics/video) / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
pattybf:

Let's chat via WhatsApp. Note u cant get it so fast

Am so Global that I don't use whatsapp,,can we on facebook?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
which one be number plate renewal?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by pattybf(f): 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
stevmatt:

Am so Global that I don't use whatsapp,,can we on facebook?

Go to my thread n pick my no to call

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by MikkieEl: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
stevmatt:

Temporary slip?
You don't remember how many days it takes to get?
You will be issued the temporary once you're captured.
In two weeks time the original should be out. By,
I'd advice you check back for the original in 6weeks time or max 2months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Beurself1: 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
lanreni:
Its more than this o! Both official and unofficial together, might make you spend at least 14k. This is Nigeria angry
It is more than that, you have to get driving school certificate first which varies from 10k-15k, and takes between a month to two months before it comes out, therafter you make payment for driver's licence
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by wasi9ice: 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hmmm That of the Drivers licence is just on paper o,,
Go to the road safety and get the real price...

NIGERIA
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by ezugegere(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2019
demmanuel78:
After the change of ownership, you will be given a reregistration number plate but if you have a Lagos number plate . You can use it on the new vehicle you bought

That means I must pay for the number plate right?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by babaireti(m): 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2019
God bless you
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by babaireti(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2019
But what if one of the plate number got missing ,may be that of the front or back ,is that going to be replacement or re-registration? and how much is this going to cost?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by ezehisaac(m): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
Good job Sir. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Ten06(m): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2019
Which of the drivers license are you talking about here, is it the one we are paying 10k to renew?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Legendguru: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2019
Oh
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by demmanuel78(m): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2019
ezugegere:

That means I must pay for the number plate right?
Yea you must
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by demmanuel78(m): 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
babaireti:
But what if one of the plate number got missing ,may be that of the front or back ,is that going to be replacement or re-registration? and how much is this going to cost?
Replacement of number plate. It will cost you 25,000 and also you will first do sworn affidavit and police report for loss of number plates

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Foxie: 3:29am On Nov 30, 2019
demmanuel78:
for existing number: 30k but the old vehicle license must still be valid. For new registration: 45k for vehicles below engine capacity of 2.0, 48k for vehicles below engine capacity of 3.0 while 50k for vehicles above engine capacity of 3.1
Thank you.
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by unikazzy(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2019
douchesnozzle:
Went to licensing office here in CALABAR but was told no number plate is not available Nationwide that frsc machine had issues. can anyone confirm this. Driving around without car registration is scary.
It might be true base on Calabar alone.....but I can confirm to u that there is number plate available for now in ABUJA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by unikazzy(m): 8:07am On Nov 30, 2019
stevmatt:

Please help me, I wish to get a drivers license Next Week,

How many days does it takes to get?
How much exactly?
Do they demand for any requirement??
Thanks

Go and get a driving sch certificate then go to VIO or road safety office and do ur drivers license

Without the certificate below ...u can't get a "GENUINE" DRIVERS LICENSE in Nigeria

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by unikazzy(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2019
douchesnozzle:

Not based in lag the Abuja own I was told here costs about 52k.. I think I'll remove d number plate from my old car just for fancy and not attract criminals
contact me for ur ABUJA plate number

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by unikazzy(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2019
IsioStar1:

That is absolutely correct.
I paid the sum of 25K to an official of the licensing Office for everything at the Odogunyan Office, Ikorodu. For 5 years license duration. Even the FRSC collect same, but you may be lucky if you have a superior bargaining power. QED.

U are correct boss

Driving sch certificate = N10,000

Drivers license for 5yrs = N15,000

Same applicable here in ABUJA
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by unikazzy(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2019
stevmatt:

Can I get it within a week?
never.....d driving sch certificate take 1 month and above to come out

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by douchesnozzle(m): 9:54am On Nov 30, 2019
unikazzy:
contact me for ur ABUJA plate number
How much
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by unikazzy(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2019
douchesnozzle:

How much
what kind of vehicle.......whatsapp me ---- 08036451814
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by ForbesHomesNG(m): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
ednut1:
grin i havent renewed since 2017 grin. No police or frsc don ask
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by unikazzy(m): 11:00am On Dec 03, 2019
douchesnozzle:

How much
Send me a WHATSAPP on the kind of vehicle u want to registered

WHATSAPP - 08036451814
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by lanreni: 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2019
Beurself1:

It is more than that, you have to get driving school certificate first which varies from 10k-15k, and takes between a month to two months before it comes out, therafter you make payment for driver's licence
I delibrately did not add that because thats between you and the driving school.
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by lanreni: 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
unikazzy:

Go and get a driving sch certificate then go to VIO or road safety office and do ur drivers license

Without the certificate below ...u can't get a "GENUINE" DRIVERS LICENSE in Nigeria
I don't know why people who come online can't go the extra mile to open frsc website. It is clearly stated there in the process of getting a driver's license: You must be introduced by a driving school with the certificate they issue. Thanks jare for educating some ignorant people here.
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Kfed4ril(m): 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2019
sanmtiago:
Please I need a license
Is that the price to get a new drivers license for real ? 6k??

Yes it’s true
If you’re in Abuja just go straight to frsc office in fed secretariat and do it, don’t meet all those frsc guys outside o, the will charge you 8500 for 3 years instead of the 6350, or 13500 for 5 years instead of 10450.
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Kfed4ril(m): 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2019
stevmatt:

Please help me, I wish to get a drivers license Next Week,

How many days does it takes to get?
How much exactly?
Do they demand for any requirement??
Thanks

1) after successfu registration you will be given a temporary drivers license that will last for 3 months, before that 3 months expire you will get the permanent one.

2) Official amount is 6350 for 3 years and 10450 for 5 years but you might pay more than that.

3)I. Driving school certificate II. Knowledge about the basic road signs and finally you should be able to drive.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2019
Kfed4ril:

1) after successfu registration you will be given a temporary drivers license that will last for 3 months, before that 3 months expire you will get the permanent one.

2) Official amount is 6350 for 3 years and 10450 for 5 years but you might pay more than that.

3)I. Driving school certificate II. Knowledge about the basic road signs and finally you should be able to drive.

Thanks
But since it I didn't go to driving school to learn it, what am mine to do,,, or go with fake one?
Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Kfed4ril(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
stevmatt:

Thanks
But since it I didn't go to driving school to learn it, what am mine to do,,, or go with fake one?

Even if you will fake, do it with a registered driving school.

1 Like

Re: The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2019
Kfed4ril:

Even if you will fake, do it with a registered driving school.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bentley First Ever Suv (Pictures) / Woman Drives Into A Shop In Ado-Ekiti [see PHOTOS] / The All New 2019 Ford F-150 Is Sporty, Luxurious And Powerful. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.