Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods (57363 Views)

This Nigerian Man And His Friends Slept At Shoprite In Lagos / #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Powersurge: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2019
I hope Nigerians know that Zulu people never get sense over there?

1 Like

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Goodnigga: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hedonini:
It must be Ibadan shoprite.
na Asaba
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by AfonjaBoston: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
Funny how even the so called smart Nigerians have been caught in this oyinbo Black Whatever shit scam

3 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Nmezor(f): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hmmm., awoof things it is smiley smiley... I hope local men n women no hurt dem selves though
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
only in nigeria grin grin
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Trimque2k1(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
Teewhy2:
Hmmmmm, something they will increase price tag 2 days before and later reduce it to normal prices.
Jumia na scam,bought Galaxy A20 51k around October now black Friday deal is around 54k.funny people

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
Officialgarri:
Black Friday is usually a scam in Nigeria.

I checked jumia today and I saw that most products have a deduction of just around #1k

Do I need to buy 10 standing fans because I want to save 10k? angry

And most Nigerian 'entrepreneurs' cannot bring themselves to do clearance sales. Go to parkway computers who advertise here. They have stick that is OBSOLETE and they continue to advertise it at the original price

1 Like

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by mechanics(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
Nawa o, some may even go away with some items without paying.

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by LabDNA: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2019
How much is the discount on black friday.
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by kestolove95(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
Wen is mtn doing her own black Friday?
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by ednut1(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
ahnie:

My darling..it's not poverty...it's ojukokoro grin syndrome.
who be ur darling

3 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Princeofasia: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2019
nigerians will copy nonsense for no reason, they have copied babymama, copied child support, copied hallowen, now its blackfriday dem dey copy, soon you will start hearing thanks giving. they copy nonsense without know why the people practice it

6 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
They shot themselves in the foot by announcing black Friday. Now some looters that wanted to loot them during the xenophobia saga can now get there pound of flesh. Trust me many will cart away goods without paying.

3 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by kokomaster3d: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
NIGERIAN BLACK FRIDAY

Normal Price of product = N4000

Black Friday Price = N7000 (they will still tell you its 80% Discounted
)

AMERICAN BLACK FRIDAY

Normal Price of product = $10

Black Friday Price = $6

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by victorazyvictor(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
What you see when a people forgets their history. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Elxandre(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
News reporting in Nigeria is so mediocre.
I mean we don't even know which shoprite it is.

4 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by mkoabiola: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2019
Black Friday is usually scam Friday

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by bizhop01: 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2019
Black friday scam jumia really know how to deceive their customers,
the will increase the price of goods before the black friday week, when the promo start the will reduce the price to normal innocent buyer's will see this as discount.

8 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by crackhouse(m): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2019
The white people that call it black Friday didn't make a mistake. It's actually a black Friday cos they know blacks like awoof.... u can only see blacks there.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by sureinfo: 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
Lol, nobody wants to dull, Everyone wants to grab something at a very cheap price
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by WildChild00(m): 2:56pm On Nov 29, 2019
iyatrustee:
Black Friday for Naija na scam cheesy Las las the deduction no go pass 1k

Our people say, at all at na him bad, u need to trust Dem....grin

1 Like

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Originalsly: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2019
Princeofasia:

nigerians will copy nonsense for no reason, they have copied babymama, copied child support, copied hallowen, now its blackfriday dem dey copy, soon you will start hearing thanks giving. they copy nonsense without know why the people practice it

So right.... adapting things we know nothing about. Black Friday originally was about selling Blacks.... the slaves that were too old or weak to work on the plantations.Those were sold off at rock bottom prices at this special sale ...Black Friday.... the Friday Blacks are sold off for next to nothing.... and here we are.... picking it up in another version..... carried out by a South African company.... the very xenophobic South Africans we shout about.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Acidosis(m): 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
Shoprite? What happens to boycotting South African businesses?? grin grin

Na mouth we get for this con-tree.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by dare01: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2019
mzBEAM:
Nigerians and awoof ehn....

Awooof dey turn belle o

even the white like awoof
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by AlphaStyles(m): 3:21pm On Nov 29, 2019
American madness don spread come NIGERIA
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
ednut1:
Poverty is a bastard cheesy
It's same abroad. People even sleep outside waiting for d stores to open

4 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by ednut1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
It's same abroad. People even sleep outside waiting for d stores to open
in a grocery store Abeg
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by nextstep(m): 3:31pm On Nov 29, 2019
I thought this only happened in US? cool
So the craziness of Black Friday has engrained in us too eh?
Normally, wetin I dey find inside shoprite? Upon the sale it's still expensive, plus all the trampling and pushing.

1 Like

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by lexy2014: 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
In which part of d country?
Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by maasoap(m): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
Teewhy2:
Hmmmmm, something they will increase price tag 2 days before and later reduce it to normal prices.

U sabi too much. Jumia is the number one culprits when it comes to this scam

2 Likes

Re: Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods by maasoap(m): 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2019
ednut1:
in a grocery store Abeg

What is the difference?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / Good Reasons On Selling Products Using Online Advertising / Folorunsho Alakija 40th Wedding Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.