Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia (1111 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / Help On Relocating To The Gambia / Travelling To Gambia? Join Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by Pavillon: 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
I will be very brief and apt with my story.
I bagged a degree in microbiology(2.1) from a state university in Nigeria in 2017 and after series of different job search within and outside my course of study, I decided to try regional job application. So I stumbled on a Medical research center in Gambia( Medical Research Center at London school of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine). I read the application process annd required documents, with the help of God and a family member residing there, I got a 6 month internship Medical Research Center, The Gambia.
I would like to ask if anyone has work experience with such or similar organization,
Does it really worth?
Can someone shed more light about a similar organization he/she worked with, since I'm not even a staff, Just an intern with possible extension
also noting that its another country entirely.

Yabbing is allowed....just pls give advice
Re: Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by Pavillon: 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Mod, pls try do the needful,

ejo, edakun
Re: Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by ninja4life(m): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
Perhaps you can post this in health section. You'd be more likely to find someone who has an idea of what you are asking there.
Re: Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by jabberjawz: 12:04am On Nov 30, 2019
Pavillon:
I bagged a degree in microbiology(2.1) from a state university in Nigeria in 2017 and after series of different job search within and outside my course of study, I decided to try regional job application. So I stumbled on a Medical research center in Gambia( Medical Research Center at London school of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine). I read the application process annd required documents, with the help of God and a family member residing there, I got a 6 month internship Medical Research Center, The Gambia.
I would like to ask if anyone has work experience with such or similar organization,
Does it really worth?
Can someone shed more light about a similar organization he/she worked with, since I'm not even a staff, Just an intern with possible extension

Dude it's worth the experience....go for it.....you get exposed to mordern lab facilities, u get to meet fellow like minded scientist, good networking opportunities, exposure to working outside your home country which is added advantage to your resume, exposure to other research opportunities.........no need asking if it's worth the stress except you are comfortable with the bullshyte situation in Nigeria.

......& Of course I know a few folks working there as well.....

1 Like

Re: Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by Brexiteer(m): 8:06am On Dec 01, 2019
Pavillon:
Does it really worth?

Jump at the opportunity asap
MRC is the best employer in gambia
Owned by UK govt to use gambians as guinea pigs to test new vaccines and any new medication released by a big drug company.
Which research station are you interning with?
Re: Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by Pavillon: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
Fajara station

Brexiteer:

Jump at the opportunity asap
MRC is the best employer in gambia
Owned by UK govt to use gambians as guinea pigs to test new vaccines and any new medication released by a big drug company.
Which research station are you interning with?
Re: Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by Brexiteer(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2019
Pavillon:
Fajara station

Congrats. All the best
Re: Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by Omoolumo: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Bro abeg is there any site I can visit , that post Gambia job vacancy.... i had BSc in Economics!! Abeg I need you help , cause is like that Gambia na better country ohh ... no job here at all
Re: Internship At Medical Research Center, Gambia by Pavillon: 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Omoolumo:
Bro abeg is there any site I can visit , that post Gambia job vacancy.... i had BSc in Economics!! Abeg I need you help , cause is like that Gambia na better country ohh ... no job here at all

Gamjob.com

(1) (Reply)

Sending Money From Turkey To Naija / UK Visa Status. / Travel To Abuja Nigeria With Me And The Boo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.