Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? (23469 Views)

How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! / Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Juliearth(f): 7:29am On Nov 30, 2019
It is absolutely unsafe. It kills your battery overtime, you are exposed to harmful amount of radiation, risk of explosion, the issue of overheat which may lead to leakage of dangerous chemicals that could be harmful to the user ( this may also cause the phone to explode and imagine that happening while its on your hand), you also risk being electrocuted ( I am sure some of us are familiar with this). It also poses a risk to your charger...

2 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by ecclize: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2019
elect elect student whr ena dey naw?
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by feldido(m): 7:31am On Nov 30, 2019
mrjef:
It's never safe

Contact me if interested

Prrice is 4000naira

Free delivery in Lagos only

Yeye China watches, fine in Pictures, dumb in real life.

Swear that those chronos are working angry

2 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Nickshrapnel: 7:32am On Nov 30, 2019
I think it is safe, though it will take a longer time for your phone to be fully charged. If you can use your laptop while plugged in, I see no reason while you shouldn't be able to use your phone.

NB: To prolong the life of your battery, don't always use it when it's charging smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Jh0wsef(m): 7:32am On Nov 30, 2019
lilbarracuda:
Well, I don't really know because I don't have a phone or charger yet but when I do I'll surely come back to tell if its safe or not

Hahaha
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by SmallmebigGod: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2019
Everybody that has been saying it is unsafe are yet to give a scientific reason. They are just answering based on some unverified Internet picture. While we stay away from it as a precaution we need to know why it is 'unsafe' or may be it is even safe

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 30, 2019
If u're talking about phone, then.what about laptop? grin
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by onenaija001(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2019
But please what of using you Laptop while charging it? Cos this is what am doing right now.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by seanwilliam(m): 7:38am On Nov 30, 2019
Wetin consign me.. me na charge and use
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by DCmonster: 7:43am On Nov 30, 2019
Using your phone while it's charging damages your battery gradually and thereby reducing your battery power and lifespan. Using your phone while it's charging is as dangerous as making a phone call at a gas station or using using your phone while lighting or refilling a gas cylinder. Very dangerous.
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by seborrhic: 7:45am On Nov 30, 2019
If it's unsafe,why even leave it on for calls to come in at all?
Why not switch it off?
The only disadvantage is on the battery whose lifespan it MAY shorten;and that's if it's used like that for months or years.
We should learn to adopt basic,not even that advanced analytical mind to looking at issues in Nigeria and not continue using unfounded rumors or stone age ways of looking at things.
That is the simple reason why white societies are 100-200 years ahead of us.
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by stanliwise(m): 7:45am On Nov 30, 2019
Jestin:
Using your phone while charging is not safe. Especially those using power banks to charge phone while dozing off ontop bed.
grin grin that facebook rumor saga is what is on your mind abi?
But sincerely, there is nothing wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by stanliwise(m): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2019
SmallmebigGod:
Everybody that has been saying it is unsafe are yet to give a scientific reason. They are just answering based on some unverified Internet picture. While we stay away from it as a precaution we need to know why it is 'unsafe' or may be it is even safe
bro, don't mind them jare, some stupid internet news monger has destroyed their perception of how a phone should work.
They can all use laptop while charging but would refuse to use phone.
Most phones were built to be used while charging.
Else your phone would switch off automatically while charging.
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by cRobo: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2019
These things don't apply to Nigeria

You have only one opportunity to enjoy your phone and that's when there is light because you can't trust NEPA

they will be watching you, when your ba3 is 5% and you want to go and charge your phone they will just off the light

4 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Nastydroid(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2019
larry90500:
Is that really unsafe? Because all these Lagos Danfo no dey gree off engine to buy fuel
na God dy safe everybody
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

It doesn't matter whether you use 6000mah
It all depends if you multi task
Or rather if you dey press you phone regularly

My phone uses 5000 mah battery
I have a raypower power bank of 2O100 mah
We have a steady generator

But still i dey plug my phone twenty four hours a day as i dey use am
Dey use am dey type niggaar niggar up and and down for Nl abi?.Hand go soon meet you.
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by oodua1stson: 7:54am On Nov 30, 2019
princemillla:
Totally unsafe.
It's not safe for the device or the owner.
Energy which is supposed to be stored is being used, this can short the life span of the battery and also weaken your device ic's.
Most bulged batteries are as a result of this charging and using. Batteries that is already weak could also explode.

I am tech and am talking from experience.
oga tech, who told you it's not safe? I dont know about 10 years ago but 2019 phones are smart coupled with smart engine. If there is someone somewhere telling you it's not safe tell them they are lying.

2 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Burgerlomo: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2019
Jestin:
Using your phone while charging is not safe. Especially those using power banks to charge phone while dozing off ontop bed.

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Erife(m): 7:58am On Nov 30, 2019
175:
I don't trust NEPA. . .right now I'm charging an using my IPhone Buhari
OUT OF POINT

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by SMBH: 7:58am On Nov 30, 2019
princemillla:
Totally unsafe.
It's not safe for the device or the owner.
Energy which is supposed to be stored is being used, this can short the life span of the battery and also weaken your device ic's.
Most bulged batteries are as a result of this charging and using. Batteries that is already weak could also explode.

I am tech and am talking from experience.

Hai

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2019
Juliearth:
[s] t is absolutely unsafe. It kills your battery overtime, you are exposed to harmful amount of radiation, risk of explosion, the issue of overheat which may lead to leakage of dangerous chemicals that could be harmful to the user ( this may also cause the phone to explode and imagine that happening while its on your hand), you also risk being electrocuted ( I am sure some of us are familiar with this). It also poses a risk to your charger..[/s]
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by SMBH: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2019
Juliearth:
It is absolutely unsafe. It kills your battery overtime, you are exposed to harmful amount of radiation, risk of explosion, the issue of overheat which may lead to leakage of dangerous chemicals that could be harmful to the user ( this may also cause the phone to explode and imagine that happening while its on your hand), you also risk being electrocuted ( I am sure some of us are familiar with this). It also poses a risk to your charger...

Radiation bawo
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by AlphaStyles(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2019
I do it all the time ma no lie u
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by SMBH: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2019
Using your phone while charging it simultaneously is dangerous because when you do that, your phone may heat up faster than that its cooling system cools it which could cuase explosion as batteries are can explode when they are exposed to high temperature

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by isyourboy(m): 8:06am On Nov 30, 2019
lilbarracuda:
Well, I don't really know because I don't have a phone or charger yet but when I do I'll surely come back to tell if its safe or not

You're madly mad and you've got no one to tell u. Anyway, I won't tell u tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

:-*Drop Your Numbers For Free Credit! (Completed For Now):-* / 7 Types Of Phone Users / Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.