Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? (23475 Views)

How I Was Almost Killed By Lightening While Charging My Phone!! / Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Tarabye: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by nifesguide(m): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2019
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by nnadychuks(m): 8:15am On Nov 30, 2019
Come and buy this iPhone 6 in Delta state for 40k only

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by ArticleBeast: 8:20am On Nov 30, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

It doesn't matter whether you use 6000mah
It all depends if you multi task
Or rather if you dey press you phone regularly

My phone uses 5000 mah battery
I have a raypower power bank of 2O100 mah
We have a steady generator

But still i dey plug my phone twenty four hours a day as i dey use am
You dey damage the battery. At least when it dey full, use am reach 25 percent then plug am back

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by MNDY(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2019
CapitalHYC:
Since I use a 6000MAh ba3 how would a sane person expect me to charge and press... I just charge till its full and unplug it then start doing anything I want with it

What's the name of the phone you are using with 6000MAH battery pls?

3 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Tlyon(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2019
It unsafe using while charging , to me i only recieve calls while charging that without the use of phone vibrator
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by MNDY(m): 8:36am On Nov 30, 2019
SMBH:
Using your phone while charging it simultaneously is dangerous because when you do that, your phone may heat up faster than that its cooling system cools it which could cuase explosion as batteries are can explode when they are exposed to high temperature

What of laptop used while charging?

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by murmee: 8:36am On Nov 30, 2019
lilbarracuda:
Well, I don't really know because I don't have a phone or charger yet but when I do I'll surely come back to tell if its safe or not
So what did you use to post your submission!
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by mastertunji(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2019
For years, I have always used my phone while charging cos I always want it to be 100% charged. Despite this, I have never experienced any fault from any of my phones as a result of d abovementioned act. So, I see d notion as mere theoretical. Even as I am typing this, my phone is charging and e dey kampe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Odingo1: 8:38am On Nov 30, 2019
It is safe if the phone is original phone and not fake
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by MNDY(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2019
Simplep:
Dey use am dey type niggaar niggar up and and down for Nl abi?.Hand go soon meet you.

Hahahahahahahaha
You observe the guy too ba?
I bin tink say na only me fa.
Everytime N.igga N.igga
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by murmee: 8:43am On Nov 30, 2019
isyourboy:

You're madly mad and you've got no one to tell u. Anyway, I won't tell u tho
lilbaracunda's answer does not warrant the kind of insult you have just posted. He was merely being humorous. Please learn to be decent to people!
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by JayPeeOham: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2019
Hold on! My phone battery is about to die! shocked

Let me quickly plug it to charge while I comment on your post. cheesy

(Goes to plug phone...) wink

(Phone plugged...) wink

Ehen OP.....what were you saying? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Donkelzy(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

It doesn't matter whether you use 6000mah
It all depends if you multi task
Or rather if you dey press you phone regularly

My phone uses 5000 mah battery
I have a raypower power bank of 2O100 mah
We have a steady generator

But still i dey plug my phone twenty four hours a day as i dey use am
Then your battery doesn't last at all, I'm sure it's an itel device grin

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by saajus: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2019
I think yes. If a phone battery is exploding, then that is a design problem. That's why Samsung recall that version of their phone that exploded. Can you use your laptop while charging?

Just for safety reasons, to avoid being a statistic, try not to put a plugged phone on your bed while sleeping. Also, be careful with most Chinese power banks. Those guys don't follow standards 100% especially if they know they are shipping the product to Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Employmenthub(f): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2019
With the situation of things in nigeria??
I think we dont have a choice? But its not safe

You need not worry about your CV when employmenthub is here, give your CV problems and let's worry about you landing that job you have ever dreamed of.

EmploymentHub is primarily designed to serve meticulously Job applicants, on how apply for job vacancies and get employed by making, editing and reviewing professional CV, serving attractive cover letter for a little fee. We also send free job vacancies to all our clients and do preliminary interview to trained them on how to answer interview questions.

Pls follow us on Instagram @employment_hub. Call, Text or WhatsApp 08080756701. We are available to service at your convenience. Thank you
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by CapitalHYC(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2019
MNDY:

What's the name of the phone you are using with 6000MAH battery pls?

Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus

2 Likes

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Isobug: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2019
Nastydroid:
It is unsafe,the same way it is unsafe to refuel your car with the Engine running.
The comparison holds no water.... Two different scenarios

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by princemillla(m): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2019
oodua1stson:
oga tech, who told you it's not safe? I dont know about 10 years ago but 2019 phones are smart coupled with smart engine. If there is someone somewhere telling you it's not safe tell them they are lying.

Don't mislead. Its not safe. What's smart about smartphone. Smartphone being smart cannot overrule the fact that u are using ur device which is suppose to be storing energy. I doubt if you even understand what u r defending. It's easy to comprehend.

Read and understand well sir

''Heating up

Typically, when you use your phone heavily for too long (particularly for gaming, streaming, surfing the internet etc.), it heats up to some extent. Using your smartphone while charging sort of doubles the heat generated by your phone. While heat might not be significant enough to care or worry about, there are reports that too much heat could damage the chip/hardware inside your phone. Temperature increase has also been proven to trigger lower speed of a smartphone’s processor and GPU speeds.. Also, excessive heat could also cause your battery to begin to swell.''

That post was cut out from OP source
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by BonPatrick(m): 9:22am On Nov 30, 2019
Thank you very much for that I appreciate
princemillla:
Totally unsafe.
It's not safe for the device or the owner.
Energy which is supposed to be stored is being used, this can short the life span of the battery and also weaken your device ic's.
Most bulged batteries are as a result of this charging and using. Batteries that is already weak could also explode.

I am tech and am talking from experience.

''Heating up

Typically, when you use your phone heavily for too long (particularly for gaming, streaming, surfing the internet etc.), it heats up to some extent. Using your smartphone while charging sort of doubles the heat generated by your phone. While heat might not be significant enough to care or worry about, there are reports that too much heat could damage the chip/hardware inside your phone. Temperature increase has also been proven to trigger lower speed of a smartphone’s processor and GPU speeds.. Also, excessive heat could also cause your battery to begin to swell.''. (Copied from OP source)
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Promisechi79(m): 10:15am On Nov 30, 2019
Marvieduke:
Sincerely it is not safe, so please we should be warned and careful
words of a bouncing baby girl using line 33 augumentend with a solar panel and a genera tor
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by michealdeco: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2019
It's safe, and it doesn't damage your battery as people always think/say
Smartphones these days are smart enough, when you're charging it delivers a little current to the battery while powering your phone directly and once your phone is full and you don't want to unplug, it switches over to using the charger current instead of the battery

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Japhet31: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2019
If you see QC PASSED on your phone's battery location.. then you're safe. But if not, the Lord is your shepherd"

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by gassbee: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2019
Is totally safe, wat u should be concerned is making calls while charging your phone

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by authenticman(m): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2019
Do you use your PC while charging it? If the answer is 'yes' then why can't I use my phone why charging it?

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by kayo80(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2019
Lol...funny I am doing that right now.
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by kayo80(m): 11:32am On Nov 30, 2019
cRobo:
These things don't apply to Nigeria

You have only one opportunity to enjoy your phone and that's when there is light because you can't trust NEPA

they will be watching you, when your ba3 is 5% and you want to go and charge your phone they will just off the light

grin

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by smat101(m): 11:46am On Nov 30, 2019
Just get a block sachet water and put lt beside you when using your phone while charging...
place the phone on the ice water time time...
you're good to go ...
oya tell me thank u
Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by tacygurl: 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
that shit isnt safe. its like lighting a burner while the cylinder is open

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? by Bahamas95(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
I was doing that until it damaged my previous phone, I just bought a new one now and I have vowed not to make that mistake again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Internet Blackout: MTN Is Not As Committed To Nigeria As Glo Is - Reno Omokri / 7 Types Of Phone Users / Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.