Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Do You Regret Attending A Private University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Regret Attending A Private University? (950 Views)

Is Adeleke University, Ede The Most Beautiful Private University In Nigeria? / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by Ademola47(m): 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
I have seen a lot of posts on this forum where some public university graduates regret attending public universities.
I keep wondering if their counterparts that attended (or are attending) private universities feel the same.

The question is:

As a private university graduate/student, do you have any regret so far?

Fynestboi, Richiez, Lalasticlala please help move to fp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by mumumugu(m): 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
only those that borrowed money to go to private university and study useless course like hotel.management and tourism will regret it
Re: Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Reading through your profile, I realized you've tried to study medicine at UI twice and once at UNILAG but was denied and now might be tilting towards the private universities for help. I can assure you mushroom private universities are littered everywhere offering courses they just don't have the requirements to run.

My advise is, if medicine is worth studying as you've prioritized, damn every consequences and get it at all cost. You'll have your regrets of not training at Nigeria's best teaching hospitals, UCH or LUTH. But eventually, you'd be a doctor. Whatever doctor you become afterwards is left to you and how much you're willing to develop yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by edoairways: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2019
mumumugu:
only those that borrowed money to go to private university and study useless course like hotel.management and tourism will regret it
No course is useless.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by mumumugu(m): 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2019
edoairways:
No course is useless.
some courses are not worth borrowing money to study?

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by Ademola47(m): 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Still waiting for more replies....
Re: Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by Ademola47(m): 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:
Reading through your profile, I realized you've tried to study medicine at UI twice and once at UNILAG but was denied and now might be tilting towards the private universities for help. I can assure you mushroom private universities are littered everywhere offering courses they just don't have the requirements to run.

My advise is, if medicine is worth studying as you've prioritized, damn every consequences and get it at all cost. You'll have your regrets of not training at Nigeria's best teaching hospitals, UCH or LUTH. But eventually, you'd be a doctor. Whatever doctor you become afterwards is left to you and how much you're willing to develop yourself.

I appreciate your comment sir. In fact, you've made me broaden my horizons and develop extra zeal in quest for admission.

As for the private university, I am not attending it. I (or We) can't afford it. I only opened the thread to hear people's opinion on it.

Once again, thanks sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by 1stNumeroUno: 6:24am On Feb 08, 2020
Ademola47:

I appreciate your comment sir. In fact, you've made me broaden my horizons and develop extra zeal in quest for admission.

As for the private university, I am not attending it. I (or We) can't afford it. I only opened the thread to hear people's opinion on it.

Once again, thanks sir.

What a sincere fellow you are. No abuse/fireback at what other people would have seen as an attack. I'm impressed and pray that your desired career journey will be a roller-coaster.
Re: Do You Regret Attending A Private University? by christejames(m): 10:31am On Feb 08, 2020
Yes because I attended Covenant University and did my MSc at Madonna University...

Don't enquire further from me cause I don't want to divulge the details.

Chai my money!

#followNPFL

(1) (Reply)

Senate Passes Bill To Establish 7 New Tertiary Institutions / UNIPORT Have Appointed Prof. Stephen Okodudu Acting Vice Chancellor / EFCC Arrests Chinese National In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.