Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (20330 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by ishmael(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2007
I always wonder why men and women don't pray together in the mosque??
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by nossycheek(f): 11:51am On May 25, 2007
Because women have 1/2 brains and are second class citizens. cool

1 Like

Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by thesilent1(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2007
don't you just love sarcasm grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mrpataki(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2007
I guess the women makes the men dirty while facing the Kaa'bah embarassed embarassed
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by olutomiwa(m): 6:21pm On May 25, 2007
they do,only that they demarcate{spelling} and ask the women to stay at the back for SOME STUPID REASONS best known to them{muslim men}.DISCRIMINATION IN THE "house" OF gOD,religion of peace indeed.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by omoge(f): 7:02pm On May 25, 2007
maybe to flee from eh eem em you know what happens when a guy and a lady jam eh? if you don't, go to NL Romance section wink
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by olutomiwa(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2007
omoge:

maybe to flee from eh eem em you know what happens when a guy and a lady jam eh? if you don't, go to Nairaland Romance section wink
na wa o,so man and woman dey jam for MOSALASI too?ol girl i fear you o,una make i run b4 me and you go jam here grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by feelgood(m): 8:40am On May 26, 2007
There are some xtian congregations where the women are not allowed to sit together with men, but at the back during worship services.
So what's the purpose of our posts here? arrogance, sarcasm, pride, guile or simply mischief? Are our posts in harmony with Heb 12:14?
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by olutomiwa(m): 3:25pm On May 26, 2007
feelgood:

There are some xtian congregations where the women are not allowed to sit together with men, but at the back during worship services.
So what's the purpose of our posts here? arrogance, sarcasm, pride, guile or simply mischief? Are our posts in harmony with Heb 12:14?
i beg to disagree with you,biko tell me wish church does that,i no talk say you BLOW LIE O.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 26, 2007
@ Olutomiwa
Yes some christian congregations do so. I've heard of churches were you cant even sit with your own wife.

But i bet feelgood was trying to be a bit mischievous with his hypocritical post. While the bible clearly NEVER advocates gender inequality, this is a cardinal doctrine of islam!
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 26, 2007
Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Agreed the bible enjoins us to follow peace with all men, however did the bible advocate for such "peace" at the expense of muffling the truth in order to avoid "offending" others?

Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Based on your hypocrisy, we can as well argue that Jesus Christ's statements here were not in harmony with Hebrews 12: 14
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by olutomiwa(m): 4:31pm On May 26, 2007
davidylan:

@ Olutomiwa
Yes some christian congregations do so. I've heard of churches were you can't even sit with your own wife.

But i bet feelgood was trying to be a bit mischievous with his hypocritical post. While the bible clearly NEVER advocates gender inequality, this is a cardinal doctrine of islam!
my broda thanks for the info,how u dey?remain blessed.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Tornadoz(m): 4:44pm On May 26, 2007
As a Christian maybe you should fight to have women pastors and archbishops, rather than ask Moslems why men and women don't pray together. Nigeria has more Christian denomination than any country I know, and still one of the poorest. Does God not listen to our prayers? Have you people ever sat down to think if you're praying to the right God? F*ck Religion.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by olutomiwa(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2007
Tornadoz:

As a Christian maybe you should fight to have women pastors and archbishops, rather than ask Moslems why men and women don't pray together. Nigeria has more Christian denomination than any country I know, and still one of the poorest. Does God not listen to our prayers? Have you people ever sat down to think if you're praying to the right God? F*c
Religion
hmmmmmmmm.na you get ur mouth.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by feelgood(m): 6:59pm On May 26, 2007
Did the bible advocate such peace at the expense of muffling the truth? Come on now David, which truth? that muslim women don't fellowship together with their men? How does that 'truth' edify us as xtians? Are we now called to mock or ridicule people of other faiths? My initial post was made to enable us look away from such mundane things especially as some of us do have 'logs' in our eyes - and that clearly makes us unqualified to jeer/laugh at our neighbors' . I also do not see the relationship of your quotation of verses in Matt 12 and 23 to the issue of mocking another's faith unprovoked as epitomised by the thread - except of course, they were used to support your knowledge of my hypocrisy. But then I suppose I should remain grateful that you at least agree that some xtian congregations practise this type of gender segregation, which has no biblical backing (but just an old middle eastern and African cultural trait).
I have come to realise that some of us would prefer a xtian to stridently defend his faith and show his superiority (and occasionally through unprovoked 'missiles and verbal assaults') especially to the people of other religions, lest he may be deemed not worthy of his calling. I trust you will concede to me the right of not agreeing to that posture - and of course I concede to you also the right to call me mischievous, hypocrite or any other Names you may choose to honor me with hereafter.
Many regards
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by doncartel: 7:11pm On May 26, 2007
first poster it means uv never seen muslims praying.during prayer,muslims bow their heads to the ground while kneeling down.imagine walking into a praying room from the back door and seeing alhaja,
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by goodguy(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2007
feelgood:

I have come to realise that some of us would prefer a xtian to stridently defend his faith and show his superiority (and occasionally through unprovoked 'missiles and verbal assaults') especially to the people of other religions, lest he may be deemed not worthy of his calling.

Unfortunately, this has become the order of the day here in the religion section of this forum.  It's just so sad.  This is the major reason why I have become more of a spectator here.  I visit Nairaland every day, but most times as a guest.  And when I read some posts here, I cannot help shaking my head in pity and disgust at the level of hypocrisy displayed by some so-called Christians.  Their iconoclastic attitudes have become so nauseating that even when one reproves them in the most peaceful way ever and seeks for peace, he's labelled a hypocrite and called all kinds of names.  Ask bobbyaf.

As for the rest of your post, I must confess that I haven't seen such a sensible post presented in the most mature manner, here on this board in a very long time.  Many blessings to you, brother.

@ topic:  I wouldn't call this a gender discrimination, as I don't see it as such.  Just like the poster above me, doncartel, just said, I want to believe that it's a result of the way they pray in their mosques.  Since they usually bend down with their buttocks shooting up, it's best if the women are asked to pray behind, so that our muslim brothers won't 'commit', if it were otherwise. Remember they don't close their eyes while praying. grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by feelgood(m): 9:21am On May 27, 2007
You do not have to be a guest on the board, my dear goodguy. Apart from the fact that some of us miss your contributions, I believe you'll be doing a great disservice to the Lord by not helping to correct or draw our attention to some of the errors of our ways, etc. We live in trying times and I see 'brother against brother' as an effective tactic of satan to ensure genuine and potential converts dont remain with the Lord - esp when they see the power of our example as no different from what they see in the world.
They grace of the Lord is ever sufficient, you'd agree no doubt; it is therefore time to get back into the battle, you've retreated long enough. So pls keep the posts coming.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mazaje(m): 2:37pm On May 27, 2007
Why don't men and women pray together in the mosque? The question you should be asking are
-Why do christian women dress like prostitues when going to the church?
-Why do christian pastors rob and steal from their congregation on a daily basis in Nigeria?
-Why are there child molestors every where as reverend fathers and priest?
-Why do some christians go to church without shoes(barefeeted?)
-Why do some christian fellowship on the mountians and by river side or river bank in Nigeria?
-Why do some christians wear coloured(white,blue,green and black) garments to church?
-Why are there so many miracles going on in the churches and yet so many sick christians every where u go?
-Why has the christian gospel music turned from being holy to being funky?
Why is Nigeria the most religious country i mean the most RELIGIOUS country in the world and still one of the most evil and godless place you can live in?

Keep on looking for lopholes in other people's religion, when your own religion is very much flawed.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by donny1: 4:13pm On May 29, 2007
Why?
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by thesilent1(m): 8:20am On Jun 01, 2007
religion is very much flawed.

now, this goes for ALL religions, but is it the religion that is flawed or OUR knowledge and understanding of that religion?

i mean take christianity, if someone has an issue with something in this faith, is that proof of the faith being wrong or is that down to us? also, is there not the side to human nature that we tend to abuse ANYTHING if we are left to our own devices?

i guess something like pastors and bishops stealing money or focusing too much on money does not then mean that chrisitanity is all about money.

same goes for every faith really. i believe in God, Christ's death for my sins BUT i can not police every person that proffesses to be in the same boat as me so to say that because lagbaja claimed to be a chrsitian but slept with his best mate's wife, that makes christianity fake
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mazaje(m): 10:16am On Jun 01, 2007
Christianity is flawed because there are so many complications attached with the religion, so many denomination(Religions) claiming they are the true denomination, an average Catholic is practising a very different religion from some one attending the deeper life bible church cos their BELIEFS are NOT the same, an average garments wearing(white,blue,black and red) christian is also practsing a very DIFFERENT religion from lets say some one that attends the living faith church. these are just a very few examples of the confusion and high level of flawness of the religion, how can you say u believe in the same religion when some sects believe in and practice something very very different from what you believe in and practice, some christians worship/honour mary while others dont, some worship by the river side or mountian top while others will say they are confused and have moved out of the tenets of the religion. the confusion and diversity is just too much some sects have no link with others while some sect worship some other gods different from which other sects worship its just madness and confusion, the same bible talks about god not being the author of confusion, how can you not be the author of confusion when ur holy book is very very very complicated and self contradictory? and all ur followers are confused and mad.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by thesilent1(m): 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2007
the same bible talks about god not being the author of confusion, how can you not be the author of confusion when your holy book is very very very complicated and self contradictory? and all your followers are confused and mad.

does the very fact that God states that he is not the arthur of confusion not mean in itself that there is some one else responsible for the so-called "confusion". with regards to the variety of how christians worship from various denominations, this has nothing to do with God but us. if you give me a book to read in a different language and due to my lack of depth and knowledge in that language, i read this wrongly, as can be imagined. this does not mean that the arthur of the book had confusion in his mind as to how people will read it.

i think it is fair to say that it is NOT religion that is flawed but man's understanding of it.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by stimulus(m): 2:05pm On Jun 01, 2007
@mazaje,

mazaje:

Christianity is flawed because there are so many complications attached with the religion, so many denomination(Religions) claiming they are the true denomination,

Kai, mazaje!! You miss road so??  cheesy

The last time I checked, Islam had well over 70 denominations - and most of them were at each others' throats over what doctrines could be resolved for each group from the one and only Qur'an. Have ou checked on this at all? And ny that same rule, can we say that Islam is also a flawed religion?  grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mazaje(m): 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2007
I never said islam is'nt flawed am not a moslem all am saying is that all religions are flawed and should be banished because they have very little use to the people that practice them , if religion is useful then Nigeria as the MOST religious country on earth should NEVER be where it is now, how can a country be VERY religious and still be a living HELL despite all the high  level of religious activities going on, Nigeria is one of the worst(Evil) countries i know,  there  is no justice, no value for human life,no love amongst the people and no peace and security, a country can't be that highly religious and lack all the virtures i have stated so its all a fallacy,  I live in a country where most of the people are atheist but yet it's one of the best places you can ever be because there is value for human life and there is justice,there is no crime and unnecessay wars or crime over religion or anything,the people are happier and have most of what they need despite their lack of belief in religion, they never spend time praying yet they get most of what they need and want compared to nigeria where people are highly religious and never get anything at all. take a look at Iraq,isreal,palestine,afganistan and tell me if religion is the way forward.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by thesilent1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2007
take a look at Iraq,Israel,palestine,Afghanistan and tell me if religion is the way forward.

so again i ask, is the problem religion or people's understanding of religion?

if religion is useful then Nigeria as the MOST religious country on earth should NEVER be where it is now, how can a country be VERY religious and still be a living HELL despite all the highly level of religious activities going on, Nigeria is one of the worst(Evil) countries i know, there is no justice, value for human life,peace and security, a country can't be religious and lack all the virtues i have stated so its all a fallacy

well, i think the obvious reason is that Nigeria is run by HUMANS and not God. no matter how religious a people are, if the government CHOOSE to do their own thing, they will be fighting a losing battle. you live in country that have LAWS and laws that are followed to the letter; thats the difference!!! NOT RELIGION! in the same vain, you could say that sports in the western world is more successful NOT because of better talent but because of a different form of government.

this is just my little take on this.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by champredd(m): 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2007
Me I no no wetin be religion. I just no say I follow Christ son of the Real God. The Real God no dey discriminate. Me I no believe in denomination (by thier fruit u shall no them), when I enter a church, I just check wetin dem dey do decide whether I go stay or not.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Banderas(m): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2007
Actually, I think this is some cultural beleif that seeped into religion. Christianity too has it's own fair share of slightly sexually discriminatory scripture
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mazaje(m): 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2007
well, i think the obvious reason is that Nigeria is run by HUMANS and not God  

Nigeria is run by humans who believe so much in god and their various religions hence by extention the country is being run under the tenets and religious beliefs of its inhabitants , weather  you accept it or not most of the people in nigeria are controlled by what they hear in their places of worship be it in the church mosque or a traditional religious shrine. but still nothing is working,people spend days praying and fasting yet nothing good is happening in their lives despite all the prayers and what not nothing is just working, despite all the high level of religion there is no love around to see,no honesty and no value for human life.

you live in country that have LAWS and laws that are followed to the letter;  

Why is it that a very religious country finds it very hard to follow its own laws? does'tn religion teaches its followers to be law abiding? its a shame if some one without a belief in religion and god adheres to the laws of his land and some one with belief in religion and god fails to do so . what do you think is responsible for that? all i know is that as far as there is poverty there will always be gods are religions where people can find solace in so that people will not live in endless despiarity.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by thesilent1(m): 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2007
Nigeria is run by humans who believe so much in god

not proven. people might profess something does not mean they are for real. i think i am the first to say that i live contrary to some of the bible's teachings sometimes but that do not make christianity wrong or fake. it simply means A disciple of that faith has some short-comings.

what do you think is responsible for that?

let me ask a question to answer a question here; do you think someone could be stoned to death on national tv in your current country? and why not?
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mazaje(m): 4:21pm On Jun 01, 2007
If the laws of the land says that an offence should be punishable by stoning to death then it will be done here on national TV but since the law does'nt say so then it can't be done.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by hannydarl(f): 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2007
That moslem women are not allowed to mingle with the menfolk in the mosque is not the christians bussines what ever law they imppose on their women should be resisted or accepted by the women why are we worrying our prety heads when the moslem women seem to be enjoying their way of life?Let the moslem women complain and then i will give it a tot every religion has a right to its style of worship and the followers have a right to leave or remain. The only time i will worry is if a religion threatens the life of a follower who intends to leave so any moslem woman who doesnt mind praying without her man should not fell discriminated against its a matter of choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

'Shame To Supporters Of Stingy People' - Mbaka Blasts In New Video / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.