Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (20328 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by BlackMamba(m): 2:50pm On Jun 05, 2007
Religion is full of laws primarily aimed at reining in adherents. These laws often don't make sense, but you know what, you can't complain, if you're caught up in their stupid ideology. There is always the religious trump card of, "You can't question God's command", even if it makes no sense, "because human intelligence is not up to it".
Unfortunately, Islam still dominate the least enlightened part of the world and ignorance breeds strong faith in religion as a way of escaping social disadvantages.
Enlightenment is the only solution to the religious clamp down on human intelligence. Christianity had discriminatory laws that over the years has been eclipsed by human reasoning. Islam will get around their own stiffling laws, that does humans no good. It's only a question of time. Ideas come and go. The only constant is humans and they keep evolving, changing ideas and belief systems.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by thesilent1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2007
You can't question God's command

says who?
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by ladywya: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2007
My guys, xtians dont pray squattin with their arses shooting up in churches.Muslims pray that way. you dont want a muslim brother fantasizin a Doggy session in the mosque do you? its all about protectin our muslim brothers. tongue
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by nyabinghi(m): 9:16am On Jun 06, 2007
Olutomiwa or what ever u are called, u have just displayed religious bigotry. Of what concern is yours if men and women don't pray together in the masjid" he who has no sin should cast the first stone". Did u ever ask your pastors why christians don't have the same mode of worship. Why women don't lead congreagations as the bible even said women shouldn't lead where men are. Also why do u refer to God, Jesus as males. I need an answer now cos u are irritating me with your parochial way of reasoning.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by atirieri(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2007
its a pity that we fail to realise that religion should make us live better,but we have taken everytin wrong!
going back on what Karl Marx said about religion,he said religion is the opium of the people.He argued dt the rich and people that controls the society use religon to brainwash the poor.By tell them that only god can change their situation not the rulers of the land.

In my own view,religion is good but religion can not operate outside a man's view,that is,a man will always do what is in his heart(gud or evil).the main tin we need as a country is to love ourselves.

Nigeria is having much problems 2day becos we do not love one another,from the greatest to the smallest all we tink abt is our selfish interest and our families.And if we continue like dis we will not get anywhere even wen we pray as never b4.

The foundation of any religion is love,so wen dr is no love,dr can never any true religion
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by afolayangs(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2007
you guys dont know anything. Better consult an Alfa (Imam) like me to educate you on the rationale behind the act. embarassed
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by thesilent1(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2007
@ afolayangs

are you waiting for an invitation?

we await your response
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by teena(f): 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2007
Hey, hey hey, why the fight and what are we fighting for

From my own point of view, the question is straight-forward unless the author means a harm. Therefore, if you are a muslem and have the answer to the question, why not educate others. Some other muslims too might not know it and this forum, I believe should be an educative one. The answer might be convincing to open-minded xtians.

So friends lets not make this thread a religious war zone cheesy
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mukina2: 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2007

So friends lets not make this thread a religious war zone cheesy

its already one dear cheesy
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2007
GAMES MUSLIMS PLAY

nyabinghi:

Olutomiwa or what ever u are called, u have just displayed religious bigotry. Of what concern is yours if men and women don't pray together in the masjid" he who has no sin should cast the first stone". Did u ever ask your pastors why christians don't have the same mode of worship. Why women don't lead congreagations as the bible even said women shouldn't lead where men are. Also why do u refer to God, Jesus as males. I need an answer now because u are irritating me with your parochial way of reasoning.

Their quran calls christians and jews apes and pigs, refers to us as the worst of the earth and those whom allah has doomed. The refer to Jesus as a man lower than Mohammed, allah claims Jesus Christ was not crucified and only made to appear to us as if it happened.

Christianity is outlawed in Muslim states while mosques thrive in christian nations, it is a capital offence to evangelise or convert to christianity. Muslim women are forbideen to marry christian men.

. . .And yet when we ask basic questions we are accused of commiting the sin of RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY!
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by thesilent1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2007
case closed.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by hauwabd(f): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2007
davidylan:

GAMES MUSLIMS PLAY

Their quran calls christians and jews apes and pigs, refers to us as the worst of the earth and those whom allah has doomed. The refer to Jesus as a man lower than Muhammad, allah claims Jesus Christ was not crucified and only made to appear to us as if it happened.

Christianity is outlawed in Muslim states while mosques thrive in christian nations, it is a capital offence to evangelise or convert to christianity. Muslim women are forbideen to marry christian men.

. . .And yet when we ask basic questions we are accused of commiting the sin of RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY!
@ Davidlan,
Scratched CD! Haba! i am so beginning to think you fell hopelessly in love with a muslim woman and u werent allowed to marry her coz u keep mentioning "muslim women are forbidden to marry xtian men", all these anger, i kinda understand ure pain, to love and not get it isnt fun, take heart there are so many xtian girls out there.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2007
hauwa haba!
How come of all the points he mentioned the only part that tickled you is the marriage part?
You sef,your eyes don begin wonder away from your bearded,maxi wearing brothers?
Or you already prefer the Muslims in infidel clothing? grin

I don't know david personally but from his writings on nairaland,there's no doubt he's a smart guy.
[b]An intelligent muslim girl will fashi her koran and eat off his hands in a heart beat!
He may still be accepting applications,just ask him privately grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by kykiej(f): 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2007
[quote][/quote]They don't have a monopoly of offence.
Since they act like imbeciles when "provoked",they ought to be treated as such when they start their rikichi
I wonder why I ended up in the same country with these people.
No thanks to Lord Lugard and his amalgamation.
You see what we have to deal with?

You southerners in the North should better be prepared at all times especially on Fridays.
It only takes a cartoon in a foreign country for the grand Imam to preach "his message of peace at your friendly neighborhood mosque",unleashing allah's able foot soldiers
what's next?
At the rate they're going don't be surprised when the sharia police begins arresting us and flogging us with koboko as we land at Murtala Muhammad international for not wearing burquas.

And what part of the country is known for ritualistic killings for money?When you go for your Nysc their you are adviced by people from this area not to go out at night,lest you become"roasted meat" for some cannibals,Many a youth corper has gone this way.
Another thing they are popular for ostracizing people from their own tribe,not marryin them or doin business with them,even though they are all "christains" and you have the nerve to critize muslims and northeners,i think you and a lot of people like you should remove the log in your eyes before talkin about the speck in another persons.
I have no problem with people from other tribes or religions, i judge every1 individually,but i dislike people who sit on a Moral high horse and think their religion and tribe is better than every1 elses.I'm sure the holocaust started with people like that,it doesnt start in a day,hatred grows gradually so before it takes over our heart,You should be careful how you"fight" with your enemy,lest you become like him,or even worse.

Well,we muslim women dont drop our religion or our beliefs at the drop of a hat,especially not for a man who has hatred and no respect for our way of life and belief,regardless of the level of"intelligence
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by kykiej(f): 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2007
[quote][/quote]They don't have a monopoly of offence.
Since they act like imbeciles when "provoked",they ought to be treated as such when they start their rikichi
No thanks to Lord Lugard and his amalgamation.They don't have a monopoly of offence.

You southerners in the North should better be prepared at all times especially on Fridays.
It only takes a cartoon in a foreign country for the grand Imam to preach "his message of peace at your friendly neighborhood mosque",unleashing allah's able foot soldiers
what's next?
At the rate they're going don't be surprised when the sharia police begins arresting us  and flogging us with koboko as we land at Murtala  Muhammad international for not wearing burquas.

what's next?
At the rate they're going don't be surprised when the sharia police begins arresting us  and flogging us with koboko as we land at Murtala  Muhammad international for not wearing burquas.

And what part of the country is known for ritualistic killings for money?When you go for your Nysc their you are adviced by people from this area not to go out at night,lest you become"roasted meat" for some cannibals,Many a youth corper has gone this way.
Another thing they are popular for ostracizing people from their own tribe,not marryin them or doin business with them,even though they are all "christains" and you have the nerve to critize muslims and northeners,i think you and a lot of people like you should remove the log in your eyes before talkin about the speck in another persons.
I have no problem with people from other tribes or religions, i judge every1 individually,but i dislike people who sit on a Moral high horse and think their religion and tribe is better than every1 elses.I'm sure the holocaust started with people like that,it doesnt start in a day,hatred grows gradually so before it takes over our heart,You should be careful how you"fight" with your enemy,lest you become like him,or even worse.

Well,we muslim women dont drop our religion or our beliefs at the drop of a hat,especially not for a man who has hatred and no respect for our way of life and belief,regardless of the level of"intelligence
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mukina2: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2007
babyosisi
no muslim lady will ever ever even look at him grin

i see the topic has jumped from woman and men not praying together to other things na wa
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by BlackMamba(m): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2007

And what part of the country is known for ritualistic killings for money? When you go for your NYSC, you are adviced by people from this area not to go out at night,lest you become"roasted meat" for some cannibals, Many a youth corper has gone this way. Another thing they are popular for ostracizing people from their own tribe,not marrying them or doing business with them,even though they are all "christains" and you have the nerve to criticize Muslims and northerners

Ignorant uninformed analogy. Nice try at a foolish rationalization.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by olutomiwa(m): 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2007
nyabinghi:

Olutomiwa or what ever u are called, u have just displayed religious bigotry. Of what concern is yours if men and women don't pray together in the masjid" he who has no sin should cast the first stone". Did u ever ask your pastors why christians don't have the same mode of worship. Why women don't lead congreagations as the bible even said women shouldn't lead where men are. Also why do u refer to God, Jesus as males. I need an answer now because u are irritating me with your parochial way of reasoning.
i only exercised my right and if you are not down with it,i av 3 words for you[b] GO TO HELL[/b]
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2007
muki muki are you using idea to tell us something?
it's now a race between david and mrpataki
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mukina2: 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2007
babyosisi haba grin i didnt say nothing na grin

no muslim lady will look at either of them grin especially that pataki angry

@ pataki you see what you have caused now tongue
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2007
BlackMamba:

Ignorant uninformed analogy. Nice try at a foolish rationalization.

my brother I tire for these Muslim apologists that log in under fake names in an attempt to score cheap points.
How can someone compare Muslim terrorism with ritualistic killings?
Which part of naija has no ritualistic killings?@ mrs no name
Name just one area? and show me the statistics that Igbos are the main ritualists in Nigeria

did I hear her say nollywood?
well ritual scenes will sell movies,chewing gworo will not.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by olutomiwa(m): 6:25pm On Jun 06, 2007
No matter wot anybody wants to tell us islam[b] RELEGATES WOMEN [/b] 2 THE BACKGROUND,its hard to admit but its the BITTER TRUTH.GO AHEAD AND CUT OFF MY HEAD.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2007
kykiej:

They don't have a monopoly of offence.
No thanks to Lord Lugard and his amalgamation.They don't have a monopoly of offence.

what's next?
At the rate they're going don't be surprised when the sharia police begins arresting us  and flogging us with koboko as we land at Murtala  Muhammad international for not wearing burquas.

what's next?
At the rate they're going don't be surprised when the sharia police begins arresting us  and flogging us with koboko as we land at Murtala  Muhammad international for not wearing burquas.

I have no problem with people from other tribes or religions, i judge everyone individually,but i dislike people who sit on a Moral high horse and think their religion and tribe is better than everyone elses.I'm sure the holocaust started with people like that,it doesnt start in a day,hatred grows gradually so before it takes over our heart,You should be careful how you"fight" with your enemy,lest you become like him,or even worse.

Well,we muslim women don't drop our religion or our beliefs at the drop of a hat,especially not for a man who has hatred and no respect for our way of life and belief,regardless of the level of"intelligence

hang around and get your behind whipped,ewu kotangora grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mohadana: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2007
@Kykiej i really like your quote.this really discribe ibo people.
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2007
olutomiwa:

No matter wot anybody wants to tell us islam[b] RELEGATES WOMEN [/b] 2 THE BACKGROUND,its hard to admit but its the BITTER TRUTH.GO AHEAD AND CUT OFF MY HEAD.

Have you wondered why it's always the Muslim men defending multiple marriages,defending the fact that women are expected to hood up and and not drive cars,defending women not being able to have ID cards in their names, or walk down the neighborhood shop alone in sharia countries,It's the men defending the fact that men can scourge their wives and banish them until they behave.

It's always the men that tell the women what is right for them.
Any move the Muslim woman makes,she's arousing the men like they are some dogs on perpetual heat.
Even her wrists and ankles are 'visual aphrodisiacs'.

She is flogged and killed for rape and adultery while the man goes free for lack of evidence or because there were no 4 witnesses on the rape.
So basically to prove rape the man would have done it at Oyingbo market at high noon.
Let the women speak,they have a brain don't they
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2007
mohadana:

@Kykiej i really like your quote.this really discribe ibo people.

come to Ngwa high school and they'll teach you to say Igbo and spell "discribe"
catching fishes in Yenegoa will lead you no where grin
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by kykiej(f): 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2007
Thanks alot , i am not a Muslim apologist, I am a proud Muslim woman, who know that status of a woman in Islam,despite what ever u or people like u may paste to confuse and decieve people, I have no regrets about my religion, and i pray i grow stronger in my religion  everyday.
I dont know y u people bother u self so much sayin such horrible things about Islam,every Man,woman,Muslim,christain,Jew will bear their burden on the day of judgement,when the time comes,Insha Allah, we'll know who is on the right part,in the mean time,some of the people here are just accumulating unnessecary burdens,well we will all answer for ALL our deeds and words

And[b] Mrs Name[/b], as you can see, i have not mentioned any tribes or parts of the country,but it doesntt take the brains of the rocket scientist for any Nigerian to know what "people" i am refering to.What can i say,the guilty are afraid
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mohadana: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2007
;d ;d ;d
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by mohadana: 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2007
well that description fit ibo people. lipsrsealed
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2007
kykiej:

Thanks alot , i am not a Muslim apologist, I am a proud Muslim woman, who know that status of a woman in Islam,despite what ever u or people like u may paste to confuse and decieve people, I have no regrets about my religion, and i pray i grow stronger in my religion  everyday.
I don't know y u people bother u self so much sayin such horrible things about Islam[b],every Man,woman,Muslim,christain,Jew will bear their burden on the day of judgement,when the time comes,Insha Allah, [/b] we'll know who is on the right part,in the mean time,some of the people here are just accumulating unnessecary burdens,well we will all answer for ALL our deeds and words

And[b] Mrs Name[/b], as you can see, i have not mentioned any tribes or parts of the country,but it doesntt take the brains of the rocket scientist for any Nigerian to know what "people" i am refering to.What can i say,the guilty are afraid

If Muhammad said and preached and clung to that belief we won't be having this discussion.
Did you hear how girls just like you shouting allahu akhbar killed a fellow female in Gombe?
do you think they drank such hatred out of the larvae infested waters of Gombe
Absolutely not,they are following an example laid down by the prophet of allah

We will not leave you alone because sweeping you under the rug may cost lives.
Islam is a world evil.
Muhammad started the war when he rode in caravans killing men and snatching their wives as booties.

As for your little silly remark,you know who you were referring to,I know altaquiyyah is your stock in trade.
We understand each other dear
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by kykiej(f): 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2007
Well the people who did what happend in Gombe have the same hatred you are slowly and steadily developing,sooner or later,urs will reach the level of theirs.
I guess the people who tried their best to protect the woman and save her life were not muslims,since u believe we muslims have no good in us.
as for alta or what ever you wrote,well u seem to b the expert on Islam , so u would b the best person to define what that means,cos i have no idea
Re: Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2007
GAMES MUSLIMS PLAY

“Other religions kill, too.”

The Muslim Game:

Bringing other religions down to the level of Islam is one of the most popular strategies of Muslim apologists when confronted with the spectacle of Islamic violence. Remember Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber? Why pick on Islam if other religions have the same problems?

The Truth:

Because they don’t.

Regardless of what his birth certificate may or may not have said, Timothy McVeigh was not a religious man. At no time did he credit his deeds to religion, quote Bible verses, or claim that he killed for God.

The so-called “members of other faiths” alluded to by Muslims are nearly always just nominal members who have no active involvement. They are neither inspired by, nor do they credit religion as Muslim terrorists do, and this is what makes it a very different matter.

Islam is associated with Islamic terrorism because that is the association that the terrorists themselves choose to make.

Muslims who compare crime committed by people who happen to be nominal members of other religions to religious terror committed explicitly in the name of Islam are comparing apples to oranges.

Yes, some of the abortion clinic bombers were religious (as Muslims enjoy pointing out), but consider the scope of the problem. There were five deadly attacks over a 35 year period in the U.S. Seven people died. This is an average of one death every five years.

By contrast, Islamic terrorists have staged over seven thousand deadly attacks in just the five years following September 11th, 2001. If one goes back to 1971, when Muslim armies in Bangladesh began the mass slaughter of Hindus, through the years of Jihad in the Sudan, Kashmir and Algeria, and the present-day Sunni-Shia violence in Iraq, the number of innocents killed in the name of Islam probably exceeds five million over this same period.

In the last six years, there have been perhaps a dozen or so religiously-inspired killings by people of all other faiths combined. No other religion produces the killing sprees that Islam does nearly every day of the year. Neither do they have verses in their holy texts that arguably support it. Nor do they have large groups across the globe dedicated to the mass murder of people who worship a different god, as the broader community of believers struggles with ambivalence and a radical clergy that supports the terror.

Muslims may like to pretend that other religions are just as subject to "misinterpretation" as is their “perfect” one, but the reality speaks of something far worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

'Shame To Supporters Of Stingy People' - Mbaka Blasts In New Video / Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.