Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement (33259 Views)

Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Nukilia: 7:17am On Dec 02, 2019
yinkeys:
I just can’t believe the detribalized man who came to the rescue of Nigerians in South Africa months ago is being treated like this by the EFCC. He will answer his case in the USA, efcc is acting funny

Onyema attracted all these to himself. Helping Nigerians stranded in SA should not have been done by him. He rendered the government useless grin grin and took the shine now its time for the shame
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by zikter(m): 7:20am On Dec 02, 2019
chriskosherbal:
"The US court had since then issued a warrant to arrest Onyema and authorised US marshals service to bring him into custody."

If you ask me EFCC should take a chill Pill for the now and allow US finish what they started, so that we can get to the root of this.. At least we can be sure of transparency, and no religion/tribal factor as well as political leaning playing or interfering with the process am not saying EFCC is guilty of the bolded.

God bless Nigeria.
From what I understand up there, the US cannot finish what they started without EFCC's involvement most likely. Extradition may be needed if he is to stand trial in US, as he may not voluntarily go there to face charges. That can be achieved only through EFCC. Apart from that, it is also compelling for EFCC to initiate their investigations too, more so that the money involved took flight from Nigeria. It is only when they investigate and press charges as applicable that the US may be able to initiate any extradition process. In any case, the man has a huge problem on his hands.

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by klax(m): 7:38am On Dec 02, 2019
Edu3Again:

This group that u are scared of them to leave Nija?
They tried 1967, u came & declared war on them.

They tried again 2017 & u sent in the Army.

You dey this group

Bro why are you acting like a baby? The guy said *Group* he never mentioned any tribe or mentioned the group he is referring to and you already accepted the group and start 1967 jargons? Are you a group Let him mention the group first then react.

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by melody91: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2019
Correcto:
This is to let you know that I won't be replying your childish mention till you grow up.
Bleep off fish brain
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by fyneguy: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2019
Chimookigwe:
Onyema and his Co-accused CFO should temporarily step down from Air Peace pending when this matter is resolved and let someone else take over. His stupidity is going to kill this airline.

It is more complicated than that. If the source of funds is traced to Amnesty fraud, Air Peace will be affected.
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by TemmyT002(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2019
Fadomero:
I wonder why this particular group are always embarrassing naija God help us

With all due respect, are you alright?
Don't be a tribalist. Every tribe has both good people and bad people
Are football players of Eastern origin embarrassing Nigeria?
You need to listen to Green White Green by TWO and 2 Face to clear your mind of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Sirfabulous: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2019
This one's dey try cover my oga from the U.S� Nija my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 02, 2019
Nukilia:

Onyema attracted all these to himself. Helping Nigerians stranded in SA should not have been done by him. He rendered the government useless grin grin and took the shine now its time for the shame

that man knew what he was doing, the case in the US against him have been building before he decided to help Nigerians in SA.

He thought if he did that, Nigerian Govt will shied and protect him from the FBI when they come with all their evidence.

His helping was just a publicity stunt

4 Likes

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by mildflame: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2019
This guy and him oga (kuku) go die inside America jail
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Nedublinkz1(m): 8:05am On Dec 02, 2019
I dont think you are exposed... Illiteracy.

Fadomero:
I wonder why this particular group are always embarrassing naija God help us
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by sammie99: 8:08am On Dec 02, 2019
Onyema should be smart and join apc so his sins cn be 4given.
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by zikter(m): 8:10am On Dec 02, 2019
wink2015:

I am not specific of the Allen Onyeama case.

I am speaking generally about business entrepreneurs in Nigeria.

Even most of them give bribe to get government official approve their license.

America ethical standard should not be used to judge a Nigeria or African standard.

As a business man in Nigeria there are many hurdles you cross to get things working successfully compared to the western democracy.

The same Allen Onyeama will go to China and do business without the Chinese asking him how he got his money.

President Muhammadu Buhari should apply wisdom in handling this case to protect Peace Airline and it strategic interest to the country economy.

The same American that is coughing and making Nigeria catch cold will not try this nonsense with Russia, China, Iran
I think you are missing a lot of things. My thinking is Allen's case is a bit different from other business men, because he is already indicted by the US. If for instance Adenuga got this kind of indictment, the steps taken in Allen's case will be taken as well for him. Yes the US can cough and we will catch cold because we are a developing nation that depends on them in so many ways, therefore the FG will be very stupid to do anything that can jeopardize the relationship. The consequences will be far harsher than say, an air peace folding. The last time I check, US has tried more "nonsense" to the countries you mentioned, trade war with China, Iran practically locked down with sanctions on country, individuals and businesses. For me EFCC has not done any wrong here. The right thing is for them to investigate the citizen indicted on massive money laundering. This will diplomatically place them on high moral ground for dealings with a "benefactor nation".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by chukwuibuipob: 8:13am On Dec 02, 2019
sad
dollarsplenty:
EFCC, in real sense, may be helping this man to prevent his extradition
u are very correct but the US are watching
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by zikter(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2019
phoenix90:
Am not siding with Mr. Onyema on this issue, but justice should always be blind to tribe or religion. A certain Senator from the Southwest was issued with an extradition request but none will f that came to pass. The same should be applied on Onyema’s situation. This is a clear issue of witch-hunt now
No you are totally wrong. Sen. Buruji extradition was challenged in court and he won the case. If Allen is to be extradited he will also be free to challenge it up to supreme court. By the way someone up there mentioned some people extradited and jailed in US, they are all southwest names.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Vcblinks(m): 8:23am On Dec 02, 2019
alonzoiv:
His cup don full. He's done for. Let this be a lesson to his cohorts. Say no to tribalism. The offender is a Nigerian, and not a representative of any tribe. Let's join hands together to fight tribalism and crime.
and the buillon van thief is there and efcc can open case on him.this country is a pit latrine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by UrVillagePpl: 8:25am On Dec 02, 2019
chriskosherbal:
"The US court had since then issued a warrant to arrest Onyema and authorised US marshals service to bring him into custody."

If you ask me EFCC should take a chill Pill for the now and allow US finish what they started, so that we can get to the root of this.. At least we can be sure of transparency, and no religion/tribal factor as well as political leaning playing or interfering with the process am not saying EFCC is guilty of the bolded.

God bless Nigeria.

Insinuation
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by DCmonster: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2019
IDIOTIC OP! You quoted a source by the NATION then ended your bullshit write up with a VANGUARD news link. You fucking morons should know that your media propaganda won't do shit to Chief Allen.

2 Likes

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 02, 2019
daddytime:
Wetin come be this our boys scout own for this matter wey people wey sabi matter don tidy finish.

Watch them busy body confuse even the accused with charges wey him no go even understand plus amended charges on top.

its all a ploy to delay his going to the US to answer his case.
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2019
EFCC will use Onyema as scapegoat!! they have been arresting petty yahoo boys up and down because Magu has no high profile conviction to show for his 4 years in office and his term is up for renewal. Onyema's case is an open and shut case and thus easy to prosecute!!!

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Prompto: 9:21am On Dec 02, 2019
But that wasn't what your tribesmen have been saying since the indictment. Instead, the FBI is been accused of ills you listed below because Onyema is Igbo. You seem to be running from pillar to post finding a way out of the quagmire you have entangled your bigoted soul.

Allow Onyema face his case I am sure he would so a beta job than the defence many foolish Igbos put up on NL on his behalf.

chriskosherbal:

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Prompto: 9:37am On Dec 02, 2019
Will you shut up your foolish. Idiots like you make me sick, every day on NL foolish Igbo make bigoted remarks with clowns like yourself no where to be find to caution them but when others talk, you appear out of no where forming Jesus.

Do you not read Nwakpaiwe the fool's joke on NL daily ? Which one of it is not geared at insulting another tribe beside Igbo ? How many have you or all those righteous, no bigot remarks jingoist quoted chastising his foolishness ?

Some only foolish Igbo should be allowed to make bigoted remarks because they are from Israel ba ? E b like say craz de your head.

Kingstanding:
. Why are you saying rubbish? Both Yoruba and Igbo do tarnish the image of Nigeria in diaspora ok. I am a Yoruba but a dislike any tribalism statement,after all someone like you will be saying white is racist and you is even worse.

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by DisGuy: 9:54am On Dec 02, 2019
Devil's advocate

This is the plan for the start...naija court starts proceedings....confiscate passport etc etc ban him from foreign travel that way USA extradition goes in the cooler....man sits in nigeria paying EFCC and SAN to play their usual drama of quoting section this and that which clearly states a,b and c

3 Likes

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by colossus91(m): 10:25am On Dec 02, 2019
Chimookigwe:
Onyema and his Co-accused CFO should temporarily step down from Air Peace pending when this matter is resolved and let someone else take over. His stupidity is going to kill this airline.
step down for what pls? did buhari or all this our yeye pipu step down jawe

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by IGBOSON1: 10:41am On Dec 02, 2019
Chimookigwe:
[s][/s]
When they caught Maina like a wild animal, there was no ethnic undertone?
Adoke is about to be bundled back like okrika cloth, no ethnic bias?

You should have asked the EFCC to wait till the Ohaneze gives them permission. Nonsense.

That's a bit rich coming from a bigoted impostor like you! Start by changing your moniker to reflect your true ethnicity then we can talk!

What's EFCCs business in whatever's going on in the US? See how fast they were to act! Were they this fast in handling the cases of Maina, Babachir Lawal, Ganduje and bullion-van-Tinubu? The swiftness of their action even when not asked gives some credence to suspicion that 'Nigerian elements' instigated the entire thing!

I don't really feel sorry for the man though! This should serve as a good lesson to all these naive 'one Nigeria' Igbos that think they're welcome as equal partners in the unrealistic Nigerian project!

2 Likes

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by IGBOSON1: 10:48am On Dec 02, 2019
DCmonster:
IDIOTIC OP! You quoted a source by the NATION then ended your bullshit write up with a vangaurd news link. You fucking morons should know that your media propaganda won't do shit to Chief Allen.

Forget them! They're at daggers drawn for the man! I mean, how dare he have the biggest airline in Nigeria when he's not Fulani or Yoruba....and when he's not a saint like entrepreneurs like Dangote, Adenuga and Tinubu! Maybe he needs to be reminded of the fact he's Igbo!

3 Likes

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by DCmonster: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Forget them! They're at daggers drawn for the man! I mean, how dare he have the biggest airline in Nigeria when he's not Fulani or Yoruba....and when he's not a saint like entrepreneurs like Dangote, Adenuga and Tinubu! Maybe he needs to be reminded of the fact he's Igbo!
100% brother! They have failed already.

2 Likes

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by degamemaster(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2019
alonzoiv:
His cup don full. He's done for. Let this be a lesson to his cohorts. Say no to tribalism. The offender is a Nigerian, and not a representative of any tribe. Let's join hands together to fight tribalism and crime.

We are yet to hear your opinion on tinubu de bullion van bulldozer.
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by MOVIC6: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2019
alonzoiv:

sometimes I ask if NIGERIA is a cursed land and people like you are the reasons I do ask such questions....
do you have any evidence on him prior to the "his cup is "..

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Raylight2(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2019
when this guy lifted Nigerians in SA for free, everyone seemed to be behind him . in the face of challenges, same people are shifting grounds

1 Like

Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by Nukilia: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2019
thebosstrevor:

that man knew what he was doing, the case in the US against him have been building before he decided to help Nigerians in SA.
He thought if he did that, Nigerian Govt will shied and protect him from the FBI when they come with all their evidence
His helping was just a publicity stunt

That's interesting
Re: Onyema’s Case Goes Tough As EFCC Seizes His Passports, Restricts His Movement by amaridigital(m): 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2019
phoenix90:
Am not siding with Mr. Onyema on this issue, but justice should always be blind to tribe or religion. A certain Senator from the Southwest was issued with an extradition request but none will f that came to pass. The same should be applied on Onyema’s situation. This is a clear issue of witch-hunt now

Adedeji Adeniran was extradited to the US last month. Another Yoruba man was extradited also by the Nigerian Government. Have you ever seen any Yoruba person defending them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Freshcvvs's Punting Journal To $50-$100 consistent profit (Updated) / Suggest A Name For My Baby Shop / Businesses That Can Never Go Out Of Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.