Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction (8543 Views)

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi / How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect (2) (3) (4)

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by hammer6: 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
Abagworo:

The reason I hail Amaechi is because it's not easy to have done it. It is a record that will remain till end of time.

Haba! Abagworo na u dey talk like dis? grin Is it not the samething don in Calabar and Lagos?

With the Revenue Rivers receive and Internally generated revenue, Port Harcourt is suppose to be competing with London. Anyway, i still rate him for making that accomplishment. At least somewhere on the outskirts of Igboland their is monorail.

Even if una dey answer Ogechi but come from Bini. grin
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Schematics: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
Shut up old dirty man. What Okorocha built is a culvert that can be done by even an LG chairman. That nonsense is a culvert and not a tunnel. Ohakim started a flyover 6yrs ago and uptill now it is not completed despite the fact that Okorocha rolled out drums to commission the same uncompleted flyover that has not been used by even a bicycle. Meanwhile Obiano has completed 3 flyovers and multiple bridges under 3yrs.

Abagworo:

Okorocha never signed an MOU for monorail nor did Ohakim. Ohakim only signed MOU of flyovers bit 6 years later not only have they been completed, there are 2 lovely tunnels and one underpass added.

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by ezeagu(m): 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2017

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by hammer6: 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
ezeagu:

we cannot see the shot?
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Abagworo(m): 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
Schematics:
Shut up old dirty man. What Okorocha built is a culvert that can be done by even an LG chairman. That nonsense is a culvert and not a tunnel. Ohakim started a flyover 6yrs ago and uptill now it is not completed despite the fact that Okorocha rolled out drums to commission and uncompleted flyover that has not been used by even a bicycle. Meanwhile Obiano has completed 3 flyovers and multiple bridges under 3yrs.

[s][/s]

So in your eyes these are culverts.

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
hammer6:

Haba! Abagworo na u dey talk like dis? grin Is it not the samething don in Calabar and Lagos?

With the Revenue Rivers receive and Internally generated revenue, Port Harcourt is suppose to be competing with London. Anyway, i still rate him for making that accomplishment. At least somewhere on the outskirts of Igboland their is monorail.

Even if una dey answer Ogechi but come from Bini. grin

I agree with the bolded.
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by hammer6: 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
Abagworo:

So in your eyes these are culverts.

Wat if armed robbers start operating, taking advantage that cars stop at the bypass?

Tunnel are very good idea on a busy express road on average speed.
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Abagworo(m): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
Schematics:
What's this fool yapping? LOL

NOW look at the Owerre culvert clearly to care your stupidity. Does this culvert below look anything remotely as tunnel? Local champion

It is not a culvert and not even an underpass. It is below sea level or underground which makes it a tunnel. Okorocha equally built an underpass yet to be unveiled because the access road is still under construction.
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Schematics: 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
Road users should be careful because this substandard culvert is capable of collapsing on motorists passing under it.

Abagworo:

It is not a culvert and not even an underpass. It is below sea level or underground which makes it a tunnel. Okorocha equally built an underpass yet to be unveiled because the access road is still under construction.

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by seunmsg(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2022
So, what happened to the project? The MOU was signed by Peter Obi in 2010. That is 12 years ago. Can any Obi supporters explain to us the current stage of development of this project?

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by femisplash: 7:44am On Dec 24, 2022
Our brothers from the East would always leave the log of wood in their eyes to remove a spec in someone else's eye. This is the 12th year Obi had signed on the project without any progress to show for it. Same fraud is being touted as a Presidential material.
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Simeonjoe1: 7:58am On Dec 24, 2022
Omenani:
I just looked at the Executive Team for Globim Corporation. It seems like a legitimate website. I seen a few Nigerians (Igbo) names on the executive team, but it is a mixed company from what I see.

Bro you see that globim corporations run from am.
Looks like a money laundering scheme.
How many projects have they executed before? What's there expertise?

Same thing Jonathan did for ph-medigury line expending 50bn with nothing to show for it.
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Simeonjoe1: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2022
Musiwa13:
Dont get me wrong, I am not saying he did not get finance for the project. It is possible to get finance for project.

But the issue is the location of where he claim on his website. The place is this below. He may have moved from the location and may need to update the website. But the truth is, he has not package it well.

Look he may not be able to build the railway but may have technical partner who can. May be that is what he is doing. But instead of using a location which look funny. Canadian law allows you to use your house address. Even get tax deduction for using your house. Many engineers and lawyers work from home. It also allow him to get commission of the project. ( which in Nigeria, you people think is bribe. ).

He may know the governor of anambra state. I dont know, 

For you to get finance, you must be the representative of the state who want the finance in Canada or the USA.
So let say Ondo,lagos  or Ogun state want to finance a project , we represent ondo, lagos or ogun state before the institution to finance the project. This is how it works. And from this end, you would be pushing the finance institution and also the technical partner to get out the money and also to do the work.

Let say fashola or mimiko is interested in a project, we can be the go between the finance institution and the project executor. Which the law now makes it more local . In the USA is call buy America.  So fashola or mimiko  hand over the project to us and we look for the finance and also the executor of the project , to get finance, they tend to favour thier own company over here. That is the way it works.

But you must find a canada or USA company willing to do the job in africa which they can truth.

Leave me your contact.

Baba that globim na scam..
Eastern governors should better open their eyes and follow due diligence before they throw money into a pipe dream.
Same thing happened to Eastern rail line not too long ago. Hiring companies with no/questionable track record that theirselve end up hiring the Chinese leading to visually non viable work done.

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by seunmsg(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Baba that globim na scam..
Eastern governors should better open their eyes and follow due diligence before they throw money into a pipe dream.
Same thing happened to Eastern rail line not too long ago. Hiring companies with no/questionable track record that theirselve end up hiring the Chinese leading to visually non viable work done.

Peter Obi was part of the scam. He brought in a Canadian company owned by an Igbo man to build the monorail and not surprisingly, the project never took off. The question is how much state fund was committee to this scam? There is a need for EFCC and ICPC to investigate the project.

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Simeonjoe1: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2022
SGANIVA:
is on record that enugu , anambra signed mou with this company , no construction or whatsoever in both states.I think this our state governor s should be more provocative in this kind of projects, which can single handedly put our economy on a brighter side

Anambra and enugu did not need a rail, what they need is a super highway linking both state.
No state needs a inter rail network except Lagos state. We need to set our priorities straight. We need super highways. Intra state roads needs to be expanded.
Instead of spending such huge amounts of money on a non viable long term project, while not spend it on the dilapidated federal high ways in the east with toll gate for maintenance fees....
Such money should be expended on IPP projects, low housing scheme and social security programs...

All this mono rail na sham, it's expensive to maintain and require high expertise for functionality. The south east is not there yet.

The PH - Maidugury light rail can be looked into as it provides more economical viability but this too is expensive and not an immediate priority.
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Spandau: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2022
seunmsg:

Peter Obi was part of the scam. He brought in a Canadian company owned by an Igbo man to build the monorail and not surprisingly, the project never took off. The question is how much state fund was committee to this scam? There is a need for EFCC and ICPC to investigate the project.
I knew you'd bring Peter Obi into this. You're as predictable as a lab rat. Never seen a dude so fixated on another like you Kadoso. That makes you a relentless gay. As you toast am reach, he no still gree. Go for Atiku naah. Heard from a reliable source that he's game.
Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg!
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Simeonjoe1: 8:22am On Dec 24, 2022
seunmsg:

It was an MOU.
I don't think any money was committed to it.
Maybe it was studied and deemed not visible at the moment. I myself don't see this as a priority, instead eastern governors should focus on eastern super highway since the FG is backtracking on infrastructural development in the east...
By the way @seunmsg come show your boy love for this Christmas, wink make I use am hold body for school :'
Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by seunmsg(m): 9:55am On Dec 24, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

It was an MOU.
I don't think any money was committed to it.
Maybe it was studied and deemed not visible at the moment. I myself don't see this as a priority, instead eastern governors should focus on eastern super highway since the FG is backtracking on infrastructural development in the east...
By the way @seunmsg come show your boy love for this Christmas, wink make I use am hold body for school :'

No giveaway this year. I don’t want people accusing me of bribing people to support Tinubu. We will resume next year December.

Re: Anambra, Enugu on course for Monorail construction by Simeonjoe1: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2022
seunmsg:

No giveaway this year. I don’t want people accusing me of bribing people to support Tinubu. We will resume next year December.
Chai that's how stray bullet hit me a neutral...

Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 / Arc. Darius Dickson Ishaku Has Won The Governor In Taraba State / Nigeria’s Economy Won’t Collapse – Okonjo-iweala.