Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea (39212 Views)

The Thorny Path To Italy- A Novel By Akíntayo Akinjide / The Hole In The Wall / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by millieademi: 1:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hi Culin,

Long time, no see. Happy birthday to your sister. I wish her long life and prosperity. May God bless her and keep her cause His face to shine upon her.

So, so far. It's been intriguing. Your descriptions and exposition are top notch. Incredible even.

But I have to say. I'm pissed. Call me rude or insensitive but I apologize in advance.

This story has been progressing rather too slowly. I know we all have lives outside of Nairaland but girl, you leave us in suspense, feed us tidbits that barely satisfies only to leave us in suspense again for another 8 or more days. I'm a writer too and I understand but girl, please. Since December we've been going back and forth (permit me to borrow from your Eni). There's been too much of a drag.

I'm sorry if I was offensive. I just have to be plain with you.

Now, to bitch about Nathan. I wish he could just make a clean cut and spare Eni this torture. She deserves better. And Eni's heart can you kindly stop beating for Nathan. Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by oyinella(f): 6:45pm On Apr 29, 2020
millieademi:
Hi Culin,

Long time, no see. Happy birthday to your sister. I wish her long life and prosperity. May God bless her and keep her cause His face to shine upon her.

So, so far. It's been intriguing. Your descriptions and exposition are top notch. Incredible even.

But I have to say. I'm pissed. Call me rude or insensitive but I apologize in advance.

This story has been progressing rather too slowly. I know we all have lives outside of Nairaland but girl, you leave us in suspense, feed us tidbits that barely satisfies only to leave us in suspense again for another 8 or more days. I'm a writer too and I understand but girl, please. Since December we've been going back and forth (permit me to borrow from your Eni). There's been too much of a drag.

Now, to bitch about Nathan. I wish he could just make a clean cut and spare Eni this torture. She deserves better. And Eni's heart can you kindly stop beating for Nathan. Thank you very much
Mimi yaff vex!

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
millieademi:
Hi Culin,

Hiii! It's been a while. Missed you here. Thanks for the wishes and prayers.

About the pacing (though I'm not exactly sure if your complaint is about the pacing of the story or pacing of updates), I can assure you I'm working on both, so I can finish this story asap. So hopefully you won't be waiting for long. And as for Enitan, she's going through a phase and I'm sure she'll get over it..soon. cool

Thanks for stopping by!

2 Likes

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

You're probably like an angel sent from the books department in heaven, to support writers on earth. Haha. I suck at jokes, but I'm sure you get my point.

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2020
Humbleness:
This lovers are going through hard times .
thanks for the update

Yea they are, but nothing lasts forever. Thank you too!
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 4:47pm On May 08, 2020
Chapter Sixteen - Knight in Shining armour Scrub

Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.
—Daphne Rose Kingma

Song- Stay Tonight - ASA

ENITAN

Contrary to my expectation, the week unravelled in a great way. Although my sister, Tolani couldn't make it back to assist me because of her final year project, Tanya-after much apologies for interfering in my life, helped in packing some of my stuff while Everest-per Nathan's instructions, moved them to Mrs Margaret’s. Though it had been only a day since I moved, a trip to the market for food supplies was the only thing left on my to-do list.

After what seemed to be an endless morning of examination-questioning-and recommendations from Dr Helena, the OB-GYN Mr's Margaret and Nathan had agreed on, I trudged out of the hospital and into the nature-themed private parking lot, excitement and a new overwhelming sense of responsibility bubbling in my chest.

I settled myself at the front seat of the car with no protest from Everest this time. Pulling out the Sonogram pictures from my handbag, I gawked at the beautiful sight, I'd seen the image while I laid on Dr Helena's examination table, but it felt new all over again. A tinge of sadness tugging at my chest made me wish I'd accepted Tanya's offer to come along. Or maybe it wasn't Tanya presence I yearned for during this special moment. Discarding the feeling before it sprouted roots, I returned my gaze to the skyscrapers that swiftly disappeared from view outside the moving car.

"You know, it won't hurt to say congratulations or anything nice," I said to Everest. How could he just sit and pretend to be oblivious?

"Pregnancies and babies aren't things that excite me."

I lifted my head from the side windshield and glanced at him, not a bit surprised. "Well, does anything ever excite you?" I'd never seen a smile on the man's stone cold face, neither did he talk much. Nathan had said he was a former military contractor but that was no excuse to be a sour person.

His eyes remained on the road, but a glint of sadness pass briefly in them before his rigid expression returned. "Congratulations, Ma'am," he replied curtly.

"Mm." I rolled my eyes and returned my attention to my buzzing phone.

Dr Jameel! I felt terrible for going MIA on him after asking him to come pick me up from Nathan's apartment.

"Hey, Jameel."

"Finally, I get to talk to you." Relief shone in his fruity voice. "Are you alright? You didn't get back to me on Saturday morning. Your phone wasn't going through either."

I sighed, "I'm sorry, the weekend has been crazy, you can't begin to imagine."

"Want to meet and talk about it?"

"I don't know, I don’t feel up to it." It had been years since I last went on a date with any other man apart from Nathan. This felt new and -exhausting. Or maybe I was over-thinking and reading too much into it.

He wants a meeting, not a date. There’s nothing to be uncomfortable about.

"Come on Nita, you had me worried all weekend, I just want to know how you're doing—as your doctor." I giggled as he stressed the last part. "I can stop by the house if going out is a bother," he paused and continued when I remained silent, "it's kind of sad that my patient doesn't find me useful anymore."

My lips curled in a smile, "quit teasing. You know that's not true."

"Then meet with me." His voice held so much need. I almost missed being truly wanted.

"You know what? Fine. I need company anyway." With Tanya at work and most likely not to visit after closing hours, I'd be stuck at home—alone.

"So, Shiro at five?" His voice bubbled over the phone.

"Shiro at five," I echoed back.

"Great! See you then."

A smile tugged at my lips as I tapped the end button. Maybe hanging out with friends was the distraction I needed to set my life on the wheels again.

"Everest, we’ll be taking a short trip to V.I much later," I said nonchalantly.

"I'm afraid I'm not allowed to do that, Ma’am."

I whipped my head to look at him. "And why is that?"

"Mr Nathan specifically instructed that your meetings be limited to important ones—not personal meetings," he cleared his throat.

The jerk! I bit my lips and cursed silently. "Everest, I don’t care what instructions your boss gave you, you either take me there or I'm calling an Uber— you figure out which is worse.

He looked conflicted, like he was weighing both options. "I can drop you off and back in an hour, like it never happened."

I grinned at him. "See? That wasn't so hard."

The delightful aroma of cuisines welcomed me as I stepped into the modern rustic restaurant. Even with the crowd of hungry customers making smartly dressed waiters run about, the gentle western music at the background ensured a relaxed ambience. I turned my neck around the large space in search of Jameel and spotted him standing and waving me off at one of the tables. I headed his way while my eyes scanned his features. He was dressed in a brown button-down satin shirt that parted slightly at the chest, paired with a faded blue jean.

The man smiling at me looked nothing like the Jameel of years back, or the boring and always tired doctor who took care of me at the hospital for weeks.

Now I saw what nurse Lisa was yapping about in the hospital. His girlfriend must have a hard time sleeping.

I walked up to him with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry I kept you waiting," I said as I pulled out a chair, flattening out my flay mini-denim dress as I sat.

"Not a problem, I'm glad you could make it." He removed his sunshades, carefully placing them on the table.

"You look different-good different," I complimented.

"Ahn, I guess magic happens when I'm not in an oversized scrub or lab coat," he smiled warmly.

"I guess,” I smiled back.

"You look great yourself. How have you been? With recuperation and all."

"Other than constant night watching and struggling to get sleep? I'm good."

"Are you sure? Or you want to check back in for insomnia?"

"I'm fine. I guess it's an after effect of the truckload of drugs I used."

"Oshe, doctor Enitan. Let me know if there are any changes or improvement in the coming weeks, ok?"

I smiled in acknowledgement, "ok."

"Can I indulge your cravings now?" He teased, "while you tell me about your 'crazy weekend, of course.'"

"Yes, please!"

He ordered Suya and a bloody Mary cocktail for himself while I opted for chilli potatoes, garlic fried rice and orange juice. We talked, I divulged details of everything that had transpired since I left the hospital; the failed abortion, Annabelle and the video, Nathan's mum, and my visit to the OB-GYN earlier. He listened more than he spoke. It felt surprisingly natural pouring out my heart to him, it didn't even seem like we'd lost touch for six years.

"So, what's the plan after childbirth, co-parenting?"

"There's no plan," I sighed, face-palming. "The last time we talked about it, he threatened to take sole custody."

"Hey." His finger trailed the edge of my chin and lifted it up. "He won't do that. Most separated parents come to terms with their situation and discuss common grounds six months into the pregnancy, some during childbirth. So you still have time to figure it out, ok?"

I simply nodded.

"But have you told him the good news yet?"

I bobbled my head from side to side. "He wants to keep his distance, I respect his wishes."

"That’s too big a detail to keep from him. How then do plan to handle the new parenting class your gynaecologist fixed you in?"

"There's no point telling him. I'm going alone."

"But you know it’s important to go along with someone?" he asked with concern plastered across his face. "I could come with you."

My eyes widened in shock. "Jameel! You've helped enough already. I'd hate to be a burden."

"Says who? Clearing up my schedule once a month for you is no burden. I want to do it."

I mouthed a 'thanks' and we delved into catching up on lost times.

We headed out of the restaurant into the breezy night. "Let me know when you get home,” he said as I led him to where Everest was parked earlier.

"Sure."

"Well, here we are." I gestured to the car we were standing in front of.

"I guess that's goodnight," he paused for a second then pulled me into a hug, his firm arms wrapped around me for a while. "I'm here, if you need anything." He pulled back and smiled.

"Yeah! Thanks," I replied still dazed by his action. "Goodnight." I watched him walk to his car before turning back to my designated ride. In a deliberate attempt to avoid Everest and any complaint he had about my overstaying the promised hours, I opened the back seat and sat quitely.

"I hope your date was fun?"

I jumped back on my seat. That voice didn't belong to Everest.

The light flickered on to reveal a scowling Nathan in a dark coloured suit. My mouth flew open on impulse. Why and how was he here?

“Nathan?”

He remained silent, his posture becoming even more rigid as he buckled his seat belt. "Everest, drive," he commanded.

The car engine roared to life, I swallowed dryly and turned, adjusting my position to buckle my seat belt.

The silence was damning.

Say something. Why wasn't he saying anything? I fidgeted with my hands and contemplated speaking up first. Why was I fidgeting when I did nothing wrong?

AN : Hey guys, hope you're all good and staying safe? Thanks for reading this far, and remember, comments are highly appreciated.

Modified: I started something on Wattpad with my last update. Dedicating each chapter to one person. This is my little way to say thank you to the those who've supported me immensely, with constant comments, votes, reviews and all. I'll be doing that on Nairaland too, since this chapter is already up, I'll start with the next. <3

Modified x2 grin :For cast and media, check out Wattpad. Chapter 16 Media is just a picture of the real Shiro Lagos and the actor I picture Jameel to be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by aprilwise(m): 9:00pm On May 08, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 9:36pm On May 08, 2020
aprilwise:
Thanks for the update.

grin You're welcome!

And thanks for reading.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by abubakarbabang7(m): 3:31am On May 09, 2020
Culin abeg give us updates. Dis story too sweet die
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Ann2012(f): 7:45am On May 09, 2020
What a surprise and scare ......
So Nathan had to come join Everest in waiting for Eni angry

Thanks for the update
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 11:45am On May 09, 2020
abubakarbabang7:
Culin abeg give us updates. Dis story too sweet die

Many thanks <3 update soon! grin

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 11:46am On May 09, 2020
Ann2012:
What a surprise and scare ......
So Nathan had to come join Everest in waiting for Eni angry

Thanks for the update

As in ehn! The nerve of that Nathan.

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Blackween(f): 9:43pm On May 09, 2020
This Nathan should get his shit together o
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 10, 2020
Surprise package... Thanks for the update
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 2:02am On May 11, 2020
Blackween:
This Nathan should get his shit together o

cheesy For real girl! He better.

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 2:05am On May 11, 2020
Humbleness:
Surprise package...
Thanks for the update

wink real surprise. Uwc and Thanks! Next update most likely to come by tomorrow morning.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by tot(f): 5:01pm On May 17, 2020
Well done Culin, and thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by MozB: 11:45am On May 20, 2020
Wow.... I finally caught up. Its really an interesting one. I'll only have a problem with late updates, seeing that the last update was on the 8th and today is 14th. Its really going to be disturbing to wait tho.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
tot:
Well done Culin, and thanks for the update.

<3 Thanks for bearing with me.

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
MozB:
Wow.... I finally caught up. Its really an interesting one. I'll only have a problem with late updates, seeing that the last update was on the 8th and today is 14th. Its really going to be disturbing to wait tho.

I know, I know! cry I'm not even proud of myself right now, and I'm tired of the excuses too, but the delay is not intentional. I also don't want to put this story on hold (to write all the chapters and post at once), because I know myself, I'll never get back to writing. So pleassse (lying down and prostrating), please bear with me. Whatever happens, this story will finish on first week of August.

Thanks for reading.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO faithfuldon7 . You were the first to comment on this book and that comment made the difference. I don't know if you're still reading the story, but thank you!

Chapter Seveenteen - You moved on so fast

“Even a rock moves on.”

– Anthony Liccione

Song - Happier- By Ed Sheeran

NATHAN

After the glass deal signing with our Japanese partners earlier, I stayed back at Foxtrap to sort out important business with my friend and chief Engineer of the project, Patrick, and to finish up paper works for the commencement of the project. Halfway through my work, the door clicked open to reveal my mum standing in a white plain trousers, coffee cashmere top and loafers, I could tell she came directly from her office at Avalon.

"Mum?" I couldn't stop my face from contorting into lines of shock. Even though she'd always been supportive of my business, she'd never visited me at Foxtrap. "This is a surprise."

She rolled her eyes. "Nice to see you too-and congratulations on the deal," she said as she walked in, looking around the office and subtly nodding in approval. She settled in one of the seats opposite of me. Clearing her voice, she dropped her handbag on my desk and put on a serious look.

I eyed her suspiciously, silently hoping she wasn't here for a Williams Agaba Adakole related issue.

"Don't you think it's better you corresponded with doctor Helena directly?" she asked, folding both arms across her chest.

"Great idea! Mum! Let's give desperate bloggers one more thing to talk about." I tapped the butt of my pen on the desk.

"Oh, please! You can trust Doctor Helena. She's been our family's gynaecologist for three decades now," she sighed, "Look, there are things better heard first-hand."

"Is there a problem with the baby?" My heart ceased beating but then she put on a teasing smile and I instinctively relaxed on my chair.

"No. But she called, said whatever baby plans you were making should be for two." She looked at me intensely, as if weighing my reaction.

My heart picked up it's pace. What was she implying? "T-twins?"

"Yes! This is my point!" She flung her hands dramatically the air. "You should be announcing this news to me, not the other way around."

The space in my chest became too small to contain the million emotions twirling inside. Speechless, I nodded repeatedly. She continued speaking but I no longer picked up her words because I was already on my feet, shoving my MacBook, unfinished paper work and phones into my briefcase.

"Thanks, mum. Enitan and I have to talk about this." I had to see the woman bringing two of my babies into the world-and maybe hug her, and despite our situation, celebrate with a dinner like two normal people expecting the most wonderful blessings. I left the office barely saying a proper goodbye to my mum.

"We're fucking having a set of twins and she doesn't see the need to call me?" I groaned, exiting the elevator and matching to the executives' car lot. I hopped into my car and strapped my seatbelt, I zoomed off.

The sun was already setting when I arrived at the beach house. I stayed back in the car when I noticed the black SUV I'd given Enitan wasn't in the driveway, but Everest's grey Lexus ES was parked at the side of the building.

I waited, hoping she'd be back soon. The evening grew darker every time I glanced out of the car. Fist to my mouth and elbow resting on the window, I stared at the time display of the car. Seven P.M and they weren't back.

My impatience and curiosity got the best of me as I called her, but she it kept going straight to voicemail. I called Everest next. "Is there a problem?" I asked, immediately he answered the phone.

"No, sir."

"Then do you mind telling me where Enitan is at this time and why she isn't answering her phone?"

"She's uhm-" he cleared his throat, "meeting up with a friend."

"Tanya?"

"No, sir. Janice or something."

Janice? Enitan had no Janice friend. She had no female friend other than Tanya. She only met up with a few colleagues from work on special occasions. Unless, she was already celebrating the news of the twins. But why celebrate that alone with a janice I never heard of.

"So where is this place? I'd come get her and you can have the rest of the evening off."

"You need not worry. I'll have her back in no time."

"I'm not worried, I just want to surprise her."

After much hesitation, he spoke, "location is Shiro."

"Ok, I'm on my way." I didn't mind driving around in a traffic laden Lagos at seven P.M in a work suit, tired and hungry. I was having two babies and would drive across all of Nigeria to see their mother.

I arrived Shiro at eight and thankfully, found a suitable space to park. Carrying my briefcase and phone. I spotted the SUV and walked up to it. knocking on the tinted windshield, Everest unlocked the car and I stepped into the back seat.

"You're good?"

"Great," he answered with a nod.

Almost two hours of waiting and watching different people exit the front entrance without any sign of her. It took my self control not to match in and bring her out myself. A pregnant woman is supposed to be resting at this time, not hanging out with a random lady. My surprise celebratory dinner wasn't going to be possible anymore, but I needed to stay back to scold her - then hug her. Continuous calls from Annabelle and her mother didn't make the waiting process any easier. I switched off the phone and raised my head up only to meet Everest's gaze focused intently on the entrance of the restaurant.

My gaze followed his, then my eyes caught her figure, in a short gown and heels, strutting out of the restaurant with a man. An oddly familiar man. Thanks to outdoor lighting of the restaurant, I made out his features to be the doctor from the hospital, Jameel. My fist clenched as her head fell back in laughter at Something he must have said. She only did that when she was over the moon.

"Janice, huh?" My teeth clenched painfully as I slammed by hands into the seat in front of me.

Everest heaved a deep breath like he'd been holding it for a while, "Your anger is unjustifiable-slightly disturbing too."

"Disturbing? What is right about a woman whose carrying my children frolicking with another man by this time of the night?"

"Is that the real reason? Or-"

"I think I preferred it when you chose to stay silent," I interrupted. He stayed silent observing things that often times, his observations and conclusions were right. But I didn't need Dr Phil tonight.

He rose his hands in mocking surrender. "Ok. Have it your way-sir."

I kissed my teeth and turned back to watch the exasperating sight. They were now standing in front of the car and I could see his features clearly now. All that dress-up just to impress her? He hugged her for what seemed like hours and she didn't withdraw or push him away, I'd always known he was taken advantage of her present emotions. He finally bade goodnight and she stepped into the car, I'd assumed she'd notice my presence but I guess she was so carried away by him and that she didn't.

It felt like a rose garden the moment she stepped into the car. I could inhale this for ever but I should inhale to calm my nerves too. One, two... [i/] I inhaled and exhaled silently, now was a good time for my overly expensive meditation classes to prove useful.

"I hope you enjoyed your date?" I said after successfully bringing my ragged breath to normal.

Startled, she scrambled on her seat. Everest saved her the terror and switched on the light.

"Nathan?" Her voice wavered. I couldn't tell if it was guilt or the shock of seeing me.

I strapped my seatbelt successfully without strangling myself. Getting back on the road would offer me more distraction than this annoyingly sexy woman sitting by my side.

"Everest, drive." [i] Please.
I'd have to send someone to pick up my car by morning.

More than halfway home and she remained silent, only glancing out of the window occasionally.

"It's good to see you're well enough to be up and about," I managed to say behind clenched teeth.

"Good to see you cared enough to check on my wellbeing."

"Don't give me that attitude."

"What? That's why you're here, right?" Her tone, innocent but the hint of sarcasm there. "Or is there a better reason why you're stalking me at ten and scaring the shit out of me?"

"Maybe if you didn't choose to stay out this late nobody would have had to stalk or scare you! I called you multiple times, Enitan!"

"Oh! You're my nanny now?"

"No. But you're carrying my children and-"

She scoffed.

"I won't let you put them at risk, Enitan."

"What risk!" She let out an insufferable laugh and exhaled a deep breath. "You seem to have a problem knowing where and when your fatherly responsibilities apply."

I placed my head on the headrest and pinched my eyebrows together. There could only be on explanation for her action. "Enitan, Is this your way of revolting, getting revenge on me? Because if it is, you're being irrational."

"Revolt?" She unhooked her seatbelt and turned towards me. "You have your head so stuck up in your ass you think everything and everyone revolves around you!"

My head snapped sideways at her tone. "Have you been drinking? Because so help me God, I'll strangle that man you've been out with."

She muttered incoherent words and bobbled her head. "You're impossible. I've had a long day, Nathan. Can you get to the part where you tell me why you're here?"

[i] Dear God! I was going to loose it if she didn't stop with the sass. [i]

I inhaled deeply then further loosened my tie. "How did your day at the doctor's go?" I asked calmly, surprising even myself.

"I think you already know the answer to that," she scoffed, again, a thing she'd been doing all night.

I was trying to have a normal conversation and here she was frustrating me. "You're right. I know that. But what I don't know is why you wouldn't call me after you had the sonogram."

"Why? Call you so you could call your lawyer to arrange child custody for two kids?"

"Jesus, I didn't mean that, Enitan. I only said that out of anger because you said you couldn't stand me. But hey, look at me," I placed my palms on hers but she withdrew them. Ignoring the heaviness in my chest, I continued, "I want to do this together, our kids deserve the best parenting. I also want to be part of every step of this pregnancy. I didn't mean to leave all the responsibilities on you. After the video saga, I was scared of more complications."

"Nathan first, huh?"

"Not me. I was scared for you! Have you seen the mean things people have been saying online about you since the video? Imagine if one of those desperate bloggers were to see us walking into a natal ward together. They'll put a face on the girl I kissed in that video and everything blows up. I want you out of the public eye. Not just for my reputation. But for your safety."

"So what's making you have a change of mind?"

"Twins Eni. That's double every stress and challenge. It'll be unfair to leave you to handle this by yourself. I'll call doctor Helena by morning, fix myself in your schedule. We could have a private meeting somewhere out of the public eye."

"There won't be any need for that. I already have someone to support me with natal visits."

"You can't drag Tanya around, she'll be so busy with work.-"

"I wasn't talking about Tanya,"

"Your dad has his restaurant to run, your sisters have school. So who?"

"My doctor. Jameel."

"Jesus Christ! Are you out of your fucking mind? Letting that man get involved with my kids?

"'That man,'" she laid emphasis, "got involved even before you did! He's dependable and has done nothing but endlessly care for me. God knows I could use that right now."

"Are you dating him?" I asked calmly.

She scoffed, "You're craz-"

"Are you dating him?" I repeated.

"No. But I wont lie that the possibility of that happening in the future is not there! I don't intend to be the jilted baby mama forever." She folded her arms across her chest.

"You got to be kidding me," I said as my head fell back on the head rest again.

I'm not! My life would eventually have to move on after this, and I may as well start now. Jameel and I have-history. He's also been so kind and supportive-"

Jesus! She was sounding like a lovesick teenager.

"He's already a part of my life one way or another-and most likely part of these children's lives as well. I need to know you'll be open and willing to accept him," she continued.

"I'm not letting him be a part of my children’s' lives, Enitan."

"But your crazy wife is allowed to be part of their lives? If we're going to do this then we have to come to a compromise. I accepted Annabelle. You asked for my blessings and I gave it-despite how rude she was to me. It's time you accept Jameel too and-"

"You're joking if you think-"

"Please. This is the only favour I'll ever ask of you."

"Blessings, my ass," I muttered as I alighted the Uber and searched for my house key card. I unlocked the door and stepped in, only to be enveloped by the coldness of the living room-or maybe it was my heart. I dumped my briefcase and suit jacket on the sofa, and pulled the tie completely loose. Undoing the sleeves buttons and folding up the sleeves, I headed for the mini bar. I poured myself a strong deal and gulped down it's content.

She was already planning on her future. I wanted her happy. I wanted her to move on. But I'd never considered the possibility of it being with someone else. Was she finally over me? Was two months all it took for her feelings to fade away? I poured myself another glass and lazily sat on the sofa.

Author's Note : Hey guys, I'm so sorry about the late update, I'm terrible, I know. Please bear with me. Also, please pardon any error(s) you must have come across, this chapter was edited in a hurry. Thanks for your continuous support. Please don't give up on me... And for those awesome supporters, don't worry, there are enough chapter dedications to go around. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
Thanks for the update. welcome back
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Fannycfo: 11:31am On Jun 02, 2020
Give up...?... No way!... Thanks so much for the update. We have your back, side and front.. :- wink
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by oyinella(f): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
welcome back
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
Humbleness:
Thanks for the update. welcome back

Gracias! kiss
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
oyinella:
welcome back

Thanks oyin kiss
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2020
Fannycfo:
Give up...?... No way!... Thanks so much for the update. We have your back, side and front.. :- wink

Mad o! cheesy thank you. kiss

1 Like

Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by millieademi: 11:58am On Jun 04, 2020
So with the prostration and the awesome update, I totally forgive you for starving us almost a month.

Thank you, love.

Nathan's a *pardon my French * dick. Selfish, self absorbed and unwilling to make sacrifices.

I'm definitely in support of her dating Jamal, though I know Eni only has eyes for Nathan. Eni rile him up enough to make him realise you're all he wants.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by adeboizy11(m): 7:18am On Jul 03, 2020
Abeg is it not time for updates? Culin please na.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by ADUKKY(f): 8:25am On Jul 03, 2020
Culin please make the updates more regular. I practically check for updates everytime. PLEASE.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Ochyglowsglows(f): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2020
Chai, Culin go make this sweet story tire person. So the updates will only come once a month? It's been almost a month since we last got an update. This ain't fair na. Understand that if we didn't like the story, we'd not bother to ask for regular updates.
Re: The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea by Culin(f): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hey Darlings. Sorry about my silence. Thanks for asking really, my head want to burst. Make una no vex. Since this is the last act of the story, I wanted to have many chapters in hand before posting so I don't write myself into a corner and mess up the ending. But so much going on for me rn, life tire me mehn, so I've not been able to do as much as I'd have loved to. Not withstanding I've been able to write three not so perfect chapters during my time away. Working on the next two. So hopefully by next Sunday, I'll be posting all five chapters. I'm bad at promises but I promise this time. And it's going to be worth the wait. <3

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / "365": A Novelette / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.