Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,735 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards (67372 Views)

Lionel Messi's Ballon D'or Awards Since 2009 (Throwback Photos) / Messi And Family Already In Paris For The Ballon D'or Awards Ceremony / Cristiano Ronaldo To Open CR7 Hotel In Paris, His 6th Hotel In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by mystical109(m): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2019
jaxxy:

Did barca win champions league?
oga its not about winning the champions league, its about being the best player for the year. In 2013 Bayern won the champions league yet Ronaldo who didn't win anything nor play the final won the balon d'or...... Guess what, heaven did not fall

3 Likes

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by ovcwality(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2019
DeOTR:

This is stale. Whether in Barça, Juve, R. Madrid or anywhere else, it's still the same game of football, so leave story. I love them both (Messi and Ronaldo)
Don't bother replying them, cr7 fans are shameless, ask them wether messi didn't deal with ronaldo and madrid during his time in la liga for many years
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Vicanious: 8:47am On Dec 03, 2019
I'm doing this for all those guys talking trash. I don't know if you guys cannot read or understand simple things.

The B'alon dor award is for the best player and performer for the season 2018/2019 and in that respect, no one and I repeat no one came close to Messi.
Not your man crush, Ronaldo or anyone else. Van Djik has a stronger claim to the award than Ronaldo..

Can you just see only Messi's stats for last season..
He was top scorer in la liga, the whole Europe, even in the champions league....He had all the assists or do you guys think it is freaking easy?

Do you know how the Balon dor winner is selected?

People freaking vote!!
Journalists around the world freaking vote!!

Do you know more than them?

When Ronaldo won back to back in 2016 and 2017, where were y'all then? You were not complaining but now you are.

Someone won Fifa awards this year (Captains, Coaches and Journalists) and then also won the B'alon dor (Journalists) and you are saying he doesnt deserve it because you know more than them.

And please enough of this rubbish about Messi being In one club and yada yada yada...

Greatness is not about whether you are in one club or you jump to several, it's about BEING THE BEST IN WHAT YOU DO...

There is no rule that says jump around from one club to another to prove yourself.

Wherever you are, be the freaking best at what you do!!

Was Ronaldo going to leave Madrid?
Was it not freaking Ego and Pride that made him leave? For those of you that are hailing his jumping around clubs.

If Messi identifies one club to leave a legacy, who are you to tell him what to freaking do?

And take this as a life lesson, you better stay in the place that would make you great. Stay in that perfect environment that would bring out your best and make you never forgotten.

Whether Messi stays or leaves, we know one thing, Leg for leg, skill for skill, goal for goal, there is no one that matched him last season and matches him in the world.

Edited: By the way I have incredible respect for Ronaldo and what he has done and is doing. I have incredible respect for his accomplishments and drive, but that does not mean everytime he is the best or deserves to be the best. If this season, he smashes in goals and does amazing things, then why not. Till then, Messi deserved it a 100 for last season and this season I hope he keeps going strong.

4 Likes

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by echibuogwu(m): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2019
Ok... what have u won for ur family
IdioticNLmods:
Doesn't change a thing! If they like let him win 100 times for scoring goals only in camp nou, CR7 remains the greatest..
Player that can't win trophy for his country is that one player?
Politics award
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by echibuogwu(m): 8:59am On Dec 03, 2019
Underperform Tell me which player in Argentina out perform Messi Messi is Argentina highest goal scorer currently and u say he under perform, u are sick in the head
jaxxy:

For a player who has stuck to one team all his life and under performed in his national team I think Not Sir!

I think most of these are just sentiments and it’s fine.

1 Like

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by lovelyadeola(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2019
crazygod:
Van Dyke deserved it. But I thank God he wasn't given. He is not ready for that kind of fame yet.
Messi still remains a one club, one league wonder tongue
Cry me a river sir ����
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by DLuciano: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2019
IdioticNLmods:
Doesn't change a thing! If they like let him win 100 times for scoring goals only in camp nou, CR7 remains the greatest..
Player that can't win trophy for his country is that one player?
Politics award
cry cry baby!
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by lovelyadeola(m): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2019
Ipodisacriminal:

Believe me how can u say u are good and you keep winning In a particular club

Let him come out and play in England

Let him come and take New Castle to win the trophy

By then he deserved the balloon door
Cry me a sea bro ����
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by lovelyadeola(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2019
oldtruth:

Honestly, it's so sad. Messi is good but Ronaldo is better. He is an envidence of hard work and dedication.

So bad our world is so full of politics. So sad
Cry Cry baby grin grin grin
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Offisteven: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2019
Well discipline
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Abanekechizoba2: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2019
He actually deserves 4 ballon dor out of that 6.
In 2010, he was no where to be found during the world cup and champions league
In 2018/19, he was equally lost for both champions league and France humiliated Argentina in the world cup, yet he won this prestigious award...Football these days is a sham
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Bgetto: 9:10am On Dec 03, 2019
King C. Ronaldo
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Soso990240(m): 9:16am On Dec 03, 2019
Ipodisacriminal:

Believe me how can u say u are good and you keep winning In a particular club

Let him come out and play in England

Let him come and take New Castle to win the trophy

By then he deserved the balloon door
u sound dumb bro.. why would he even leave d best club in d world for a lower club? Do u improve in life or u prefer to move backward?
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by jaxxy(m): 9:17am On Dec 03, 2019
echibuogwu:
Underperform Tell me which player in Argentina out perform Messi Messi is Argentina highest goal scorer currently and u say he under perform, u are sick in the head

The question u shud be asking is, is Argentina a team? What is their current performance as a team? Then think again about what I’m saying.

1 Like

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by echibuogwu(m): 9:19am On Dec 03, 2019
U are saying rubbish oga.
jaxxy:

The question u shud be asking is, is Argentina a team? What is their current performance as a team? Then think again about what I’m saying.
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by mystical109(m): 9:35am On Dec 03, 2019
jaxxy:

u should check ur brain oga
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by jaxxy(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2019
mystical109:
u should check ur brain oga

Lol meaningful to say I guess.
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by jaxxy(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2019
echibuogwu:
U are saying rubbish oga.

So Argentina is a team to reckon with currently right? Lol
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by kevotek1000(m): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Funny enough he can't say ' how are you' in English
Funny enough English is not one of the requirements of winning Ballon do'r. English no help anybody.
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Playermayweda(m): 9:54am On Dec 03, 2019
slimgonzalez:
C.Ronaldo fans right now

Of course, when someone won an award that's not supposed to be this, first of all why include ronaldo in this, yall messi fans just want messi to win it so that he can rub it in cr7 face, Van dijk was robbed, he deserved it more than messi but biased barca fans won't see it, van dijk has contributed more to his team than messi, goals is not everything about football, wasn't it what barca fans was telling us that year, fifa loves favoritism, they love messi, thats why they like to make any news against ronaldo when messi is by far more disrespectful than him, messi deserved it, but not as much as van dijk, check cr7 stats 17/18 better than messi current stats and he didn't win it because of he left laliga, modric that his only standout match was against Argentina in the world cup won it , balon d'or is politics

2 Likes

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by chiboy1116: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2019
jaxxy:

Consistency goes beyond playing for one club all ur life. Replicate ur performance elsewhere. That’s Ronaldo undeniably.
this one is pained
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by chiboy1116: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2019
jaxxy:

Consistency goes beyond playing for one club all ur life. Replicate ur performance elsewhere. That’s Ronaldo undeniably.
this one is pained , u still need to check the meaning of consistency. No body , I repeat , literally no one asked Ronaldo to change teams . That was /is his decision.

With this analogy , zlatan is the greatest player ever
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by jaxxy(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
this one is pained

I know the pedigree of both players beyond any award. Nothing to be pained about.
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by UltraSphinx(m): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2019
BUSHHUNTER:
Funny enough he can't say ' how are you' in English
tell your English professor to show us his ballon d'or
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Numerouno94(m): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2019
Godiloveu:

And his accomplishment are what undecided, aside Barcelona
Ballon d'or = Nigerian politics....scammmmm all the way
Guy, wen Ronaldo won 4 consecutive world best while Messi was watchin Fifa nd Uefa wasnt corrupt den abi? Buh now wey Messi dn win, Uefa nd Fifa is now corrupt abi?
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Numerouno94(m): 10:08am On Dec 03, 2019
Promzyunique:
Undeserved awards ....Politically motivated ....world best world best ..yet nothing to show for it internationally........

World best ...you played 3 Copa finals and lost all ...world best ...only performs in Barca ...outside Barca nothing.....

Posterity will judge fever ...(FIFA)
So fifa na fraud now abi? Wen Ronaldo was winning fifa was not a fraud abi?
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2019
tillaman:
The only award that seperates men from the children, If it’s not Messi then who will it be?? It has to be Messi, the MessiLESS!!!
The Original Ogufe!!
Max Respect

Ronaldo fans this is for y’all
It is well.........

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Numerouno94(m): 10:15am On Dec 03, 2019
Vicanious:
I'm doing this for all those guys talking trash. I don't know if you guys cannot read or understand simple things.

The B'alon dor award is for the best player and performer for the season 2018/2019 and in that respect, no one and I repeat no one came close to Messi.
Not your man crush, Ronaldo or anyone else. Van Djik has a stronger claim to the award than Ronaldo..

Can you just see only Messi's stats for last season..
He was top scorer in la liga, the whole Europe, even in the champions league....He had all the assists or do you guys think it is freaking easy?

Do you know how the Balon dor winner is selected?

People freaking vote!!
Journalists around the world freaking vote!!

Do you know more than them?

When Ronaldo won back to back in 2016 and 2017, where were y'all then? You were not complaining but now you are.

Someone won Fifa awards this year (Captains, Coaches and Journalists) and then also won the B'alon dor (Journalists) and you are saying he doesnt deserve it because you know more than them.

And please enough of this rubbish about Messi being In one club and yada yada yada...

Greatness is not about whether you are in one club or you jump to several, it's about BEING THE BEST IN WHAT YOU DO...

There is no rule that says jump around from one club to another to prove yourself.

Wherever you are, be the freaking best at what you do!!

Was Ronaldo going to leave Madrid?
Was it not freaking Ego and Pride that made him leave? For those of you that are hailing his jumping around clubs.

If Messi identifies one club to leave a legacy, who are you to tell him what to freaking do?

And take this as a life lesson, you better stay in the place that would make you great. Stay in that perfect environment that would bring out your best and make you never forgotten.

Whether Messi stays or leaves, we know one thing, Leg for leg, skill for skill, goal for goal, there is no one that matched him last season and matches him in the world.

Edited: By the way I have incredible respect for Ronaldo and what he has done and is doing. I have incredible respect for his accomplishments and drive, but that does not mean everytime he is the best or deserves to be the best. If this season, he smashes in goals and does amazing things, then why not. Till then, Messi deserved it a 100 for last season and this season I hope he keeps going strong.
One bottle of cold drink 4 u..
Wen Ronaldo was winning d award consecutively, 4 tyms oo. Dey neva complained. Dey dint call fifa nd uefa a fraud. Buh now dat Messi has won it after so many yrs, fifa nd uefa is now a fraud.. Ronaldo fans re biased i swear.

1 Like

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by fineroad112: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2019
messi better pass Ronaldo, sorry u can only complain but the world and FIFA knows period
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by Numerouno94(m): 10:25am On Dec 03, 2019
Abanekechizoba2:
He actually deserves 4 ballon dor out of that 6.
In 2010, he was no where to be found during the world cup and champions league
In 2018/19, he was equally lost for both champions league and France humiliated Argentina in the world cup, yet he won this prestigious award...Football these days is a sham
Wah abt Ronaldo robbin Ribbery in 2013?.
U ronaldo fans re too bitter nd biased.
U guys dnt watch Messi matches, u only hear abt his xploits. Take ur tym nd watch any barca game nd see hw messi plays.
Despite d numerous issues we facin due to bad governance in Nigeria, na Messi award b ur problem abi? Collect am go gv Ronaldo na.

1 Like

Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by chiboy1116: 10:34am On Dec 03, 2019
jaxxy:

I know the pedigree of both players beyond any award. Nothing to be pained about.
u don't know jack shit lmfao . Messi has been the most consistent player over the last 10-12 years . He still gets better and better .
Re: Messi Shows His 6th Ballon D'or Awards by jaxxy(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
u don't know jack shit lmfao . Messi has been the most consistent player over the last 10-12 years . He still gets better and better .

Rubbish!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bet9ja Book a Bet With Mobile PHONE and Play In The Shop (video GUIDE) / Highest Goal Scorers In World Football History / Nigeria Vs Egypt: International Friendly - 1 - 0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.