Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! (85172 Views)

20 Interesting Facts About Chelsea FC Most Chelsea Fans Don't Know / Woman Spreads Her Wrapper For Drogba To Walk On After He Built School, He Dances / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins 2017 Ballon D’or; His 5th Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by anonimi: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2019
shogsman:
Finally someone with a thinking capacity.drogba that drives a £300,000 Mercedes.

How much does he earn?
How much was his net-worth st the time he bought the car?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3473612_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Shegzy8(m): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2019
YorubaPrince:
I've always said this... it's ONLY in Nigeria and other poor nations that you see people go crazy over phones and other frivolities. Why? Cuz of extreme poverty. Simple! angry

Of all the senior executives I support at work, none of them owns the latest electronic gadgets or cars yet, they make >$400K annually. undecided

Whereas in a nation like Nigeria where >75% live on <$1 daily (abject poverty), they crave expensive and opulence lifestyles. angry
No be this same naija me and you dey. All what you said we're cool until you said 75% live below a dollar..I don't believe in UN racist chart bro. Yes, there is poverty in naija but it is no where near 75%

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by anonimi: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by ademightyy: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2019
Most people that uses expensive latest phone don't know 2% of the function. Just show off and selfie with social media. Finish.

5 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by anonimi: 8:59am On Dec 03, 2019
Mac2016:
Especially Nigerians, highly materialistic

.......despite being brokeass niggas who depend on the whites for almost everything.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916464_img1218_jpeg869064c69e3965560ae57d6aeb37a7f2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by YorubaPrince: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2019
Shegzy8:

No be this same naija me and you dey. All what you said we're cool until you said 75% live below a dollar..I don't believe in UN racist chart bro. Yes, there is poverty in naija but it is no where near 75%

Boss, OK, make we do the math...

$1 = N360
N360*30 = N10,800 monthly

It makes sense die. Btw, don't look at the whole Nigeria from a typical Lagosian, Abuja, SW, SS, SW perspective. Include the places (core North) where poverty is extreme.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2019
He even tried to use an iPhone.Some billionaires use small button phones and not a smart phone

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:07am On Dec 03, 2019
YorubaPrince:
[s]I've always said this... it's ONLY in Nigeria and other poor nations that you see people go crazy over phones and other frivolities. Why? Cuz of extreme poverty. Simple! angry

Of all the senior executives I support at work, none of them owns the latest electronic gadgets or cars yet, they make >$400K annually. undecided

Whereas in a nation like Nigeria where >75% live <$1 daily (abject poverty), they crave expensive and opulence lifestyles. angry[/s]
You mean those advanced nations where people queue overnight in order to get the latest iPhone release.Such madness can't even happen in Nigeria.In most respects they are more frivolous than us.
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by MrLekan95(m): 9:07am On Dec 03, 2019
UdyOgwoUde:
Meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria, people who cannot even afford iPhone 4 are running mad and excreting maggots from their anus coz of iPhone 11pro

do you supply eggs?
can I get a supply from you, in ilorin?

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Chudivictor(m): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2019
what's wrong with iPhone 5 or 6??
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Vibesvbs(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry
Like LordAzubuike rightly said, there may not really be much differences between all these models. Just change of model name and a few tweaks here and there.

But that notwithstanding, enjoy your life if you want to. Yes, it may be true that billionaires don't spend much on silly stuffs but they still have some funny habits.

For instance, a few days ago, I read an article on LinkedIn which said that Warren Buffett drinks 5 cans of Coca cola on a daily basis
I drank 5 Pepsi at my ex's wedding

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by YorubaPrince: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

You mean those advanced nations where people queue overnight in order to get the latest iPhone release.Such madness can't even happen in Nigeria.In most respects they are more frivolous than us.

Why don't you check up those jobless folks that queue and see the correlation with the average 9ja. They've got one thing in common. Poverty!

They are the ones living below poverty level, they're the ones getting government support, they're the ones dependent on their tax returns etc...

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by baratech: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2019
mujiboy:
I was just talking about this with a colleague yesterday.
The real rich people don’t give a Bleep of what you think about them, they know they got the money.
Doesn’t need to flaunt it!

You're right
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by greatermeme: 9:16am On Dec 03, 2019
post=84577664:
Hmmmmmm, this is deep!

And you will see some people that do not have 0.001% of what Drogba has and they are busy killing their mind and head on how to get the latest Iphone 11, ready to do anything to possess it.

This is a lesson for the wise one.

Modesty is bae!

You've said it all Muji!
Empty barrels make the loudest noise.
You are a wise boy!
So, you too can say something meaningful!

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by asahnwaKC: 9:19am On Dec 03, 2019
Guys don't really care about phone..let's see what his wife or girl friend de use...still his money been spent
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by GeneralPula: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2019
Freehuman:
Modric used iPhone 5 when there was iPhone X last year. Drogba uses iPhone 6.

Regina don go Marry her grand papa make she for follow buy iPhone 11.

Surprisingly , a person living in Nigeria cannot use all the features of even iPhone 7 because it's irrelevant to the Nigerian networking system.

They just buy it so that they won't put it in their pocket or so that their Twitter posts will read "... from iPhone"
Everyone talking "phone freak" below pretend they don't understand the Nigerian situation. Wetin average Nigerian babe wey dey kill her guy for the latest iPhone dey carry phone do than to post on Instagram and Twitter , chat on WhatsApp and take pictures under the sun and caption it "sun kissed".

If the thing climb her head she carry am record as she dey shake Nyash or sex tape.

Their father .

Yeah, you right! All iPhones generally!

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:23am On Dec 03, 2019
ITS ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT USING BIG PHONES MAKES YOU A BIG MAN.

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by ngwababe(f): 9:26am On Dec 03, 2019
Until i see his wife's phone or girlfriend's phone, then I will say what's on my mind.
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by AlphaStyles(m): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2019
ZikZikZik:
70% Mature Americans don’t spend money on unnecessary things unless they have to. You’ll find extremely wealthy American doctors driving a 2005 Ford Focus because driving the lastest corvette isn’t necessary, the ones who do very often drive this expensive cars because they love certain features in it..But here in 9ja you gats get am to keep up with what’s in vogue or show you’re living good..I told my friend if I have 20M today I’ll still buy the ES330 I’ve always wanted, I don’t need to buy Benz just to show say I don hit am big na..
there was this Bitcoin show I watched on CNBC Africa where they did interview with rich people who made it through Bitcoin there was this kid that they interviewed he lived in an urban area even when he could afford expensive house his name is either richkid or Bitcoin kid or Soo this guy said when he had no money all the money he got instead of spending it anyhow he saved it and bought Bitcoin he didn't mind that he didn't have all the latest things he stuck with what he has today he is a millionaire and if u see him u won't think he is rich dude wears shorts with sleepers he lives the life of an average man he still invest the once he has to make more money I swear I was inspired and motivated by that guy

BUT IN NIGERIA IF U NO SPEND NOW DEM GO CALL U POOR GUY TELLING YOU THAT U HAVE POVERTY MENTALITY IF U NO USE THE LATEST IPHONE U BE NOBODY

5 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Shegzy8(m): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2019
YorubaPrince:

Boss, OK, make we do the math...

$1 = N360
N360*30 = N10,800 monthly

It makes sense die. Btw, don't look at the whole Nigeria from a typical Lagosian, Abuja, SW, SS, SW perspective. Include the places (core North) where poverty is extreme.
Poverty dey naija but still not 75%. Would you say the SW, SE, SS, MB do not constitute close to 50% of our population? Are there no northerners who are rich or averagely okay?. (Even if Dem no plenty). Even those those who do menial jobs like offloading a container, cheap labour for construction, digging of sewage pit, those who help people carry goods in the market. They earn more than 1k daily oo( some 2 to 3k)..
But the work is so stressful and the have to spend like 50% of it on food cause they need energy. Do not also forget the inflation of food items in the country.
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by mcquin(m): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2019
otipoju:
Judging the worth of a person by his material possessions is common among blacks but Nigeria na him carry first.

Where i play soccer in the USA among Nigerians, I have 2003 car that i am emotionally attached to and like to drive all the time even to training...the way those boys wey still dey squat for apartment take dey commonise me ehhn, i go just dey laugh.

One day i had to come from office straight to tbe field and drove a 2019 RAV 4. It was the latest car and was brand new, " not used nor auction " ... everywhere just silent.

It was just too irritating to me. Nigerians get wahala no be small.
Bros I'm a lawyer, make I help you dey do your deals in naiija, manage you as well as purchase properties for you. You may even want Togo into real estate. Help my life brother. Could leave my mail if you want me.
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by mmsen: 9:33am On Dec 03, 2019
YorubaPrince:
I've always said this... it's ONLY in Nigeria and other poor nations that you see people go crazy over phones and other frivolities. Why? Cuz of extreme poverty. Simple! angry

Whereas in a nation like Nigeria where >75% live on <$1 daily (abject poverty), they crave expensive and opulence lifestyles. angry

Poor people in wealthy nations act the same way. That's why they have contracts where people take two years to pay off these phones. Or why so many people go into credit card debt to make similar purchases.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by donoro(m): 9:36am On Dec 03, 2019
Football legends and their international trophies and we have just pessi cheesy

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Freshlorde: 9:39am On Dec 03, 2019
Mayweather flaunts ..every mallam with him kettle
mujiboy:
I was just talking about this with a colleague yesterday.
The real rich people don’t give a Bleep of what you think about them, they know they got the money.
Doesn’t need to flaunt it!

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Concepcion9ja(m): 9:40am On Dec 03, 2019
fesdo:

https://www.therealchelseafans.com/2019/12/drogbas-iphone-surprises-fans-in-ballon-dor/

'If you can't afford the latest gadget in the market, you are not a failure!'
I use a moto c for the past two years now and it is serving me well(yet people mock me for it). I don't see the need to upgrade because I do nothing that my Moto c cannot do .Tho there are mouths to feed, bills to pay and School fee sef no carry last. Those are my priorities, not phone upgrade. This one I go use am till e die. Anyway that is my usual MO

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by seangy4konji: 9:41am On Dec 03, 2019
Anybody OK does not care about your opinion..

Its just like a man called Agbaje..

If Agbaje wear short knicker,he still know that he is your fathers mate..

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by LeoFish92(m): 9:42am On Dec 03, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Meaningless post.

Each human has a table of preferences as regards what they choose to spend money on.

I've bought an 80k swatch watch, but I've never paid more than 60k for a phone.

You are very correct. Though I tend to spend in the opposite direction to your preferences.

I've never had a wrist watch, or necklace or bangle. I don't see the need for them. It ain't my thing.

But you see gadgets? I don't joke with 'em

I've spent more than 20k on earpiece alone.

Everyone has something that will chop his money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by OpinionCounts(m): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2019
.... except there is a feature which I do not have in my present phone that the new phone has that I need to enhance my business, career or life in general, I will not just ditch my phone for a new one just for fun.... except my present phone is faulty or not functioning properly....

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 03, 2019
Freehuman:
Modric used iPhone 5 when there was iPhone X last year. Drogba uses iPhone 6.

Regina don go Marry her grand papa make she for follow buy iPhone 11.

Surprisingly , a person living in Nigeria cannot use all the features of even iPhone 7 because it's irrelevant to the Nigerian networking system.

They just buy it so that they won't put it in their pocket or so that their Twitter posts will read "... from iPhone"
Everyone talking "phone freak" below pretend they don't understand the Nigerian situation. Wetin average Nigerian babe wey dey kill her guy for the latest iPhone dey carry phone do than to post on Instagram and Twitter , chat on WhatsApp and take pictures under the sun and caption it "sun kissed".

If the thing climb her head she carry am record as she dey shake Nyash or sex tape.

Their father .
Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by WIZGUY69(m): 9:54am On Dec 03, 2019
Everyman with his preference, except for Our slay queens and oloshos here. Out slay queens can empty their bank account for the latest iphone. Drogba using iphone 6s doesn't mean he doesn't spend huge amount of money on other wants, it might be cars, watches, cars, vacations etc. As for me, I'm a watchman, so i can spend any amount on watch. Everybody has what he spends alot of money on, even Zuckerberg spends alot on his security every month. Have we forgotten that the Arabs get the latest gadgets and rides even faster than the countries where they are made? If you're conversant with citizens of western nations, you will get to understand that the poor ones there have more than a cars, they are even the ones that queue to get the latest iphons and other brands.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by wonlasewonimi: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2019
Migrating from one phone to the other is headache. I dont know how people do it so often.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! by Pedrotina11: 10:01am On Dec 03, 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football / OFFICIAL: Juventus Unveils Cristiano Ronaldo, New Signing (Photos) / DSTV Tweet When South-Africa Beat Egypt Vs When Nigeria Beat South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.