Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,221 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence After Eu’s Disqualification Over Rape Joke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence After Eu’s Disqualification Over Rape Joke (839 Views)

Seun Ajayi And His Family Quit COZA Over Rape Allegation Against Pastor Biodun / Ebuka Replies COZA Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Wale Jana blasts Busola And Timi Dakolo, Defends Pastor Fatoyinbo Over Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence After Eu’s Disqualification Over Rape Joke by Antoeni(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2019
Popular comedian, Bright Okpocha aka Basketmouth was recently diagnosed from being one of EU ambassadors over his comedy which made fun of rape.

Here’s what he has to say about it;

“Almost every morning in the blogs, on the news, there’s a picture of a man sitting on the floor pleading, the caption is usually in the line of ‘its the devils handwork’ and the topic is from underage defilement, rape or brutality against a woman or minor. I live in this same world with my most prized possessions my wife, my two daughters, my sisters and women who have built me into the man I am.

I was recently presented an opportunity to create awareness on the efforts of the EU to bring support to fighting this scourge, it was a no-brainer for me. I refused any compensation for it and volunteered to lend my voice because….its our fight, it’s not for the EU…its for my girls’ future.

Unfortunately, a few years ago I shared up a Facebook post that I thought was shedding light through humor to the entitled crude and very present behavioral patterns of some African men who equate spending to sexual favors, but I also realized then that women actually have to face this daily and its harrowing and I deeply apologized for it

I sincerely pray that this does not take away from the most important fight of our lives….the fight to secure our future…because the girl child is our future. I strongly appreciate the EU for this amazing platform to improve our lot, as long as the message reaches the ears of those who need it, then it’s a win.

https://www.gistreel.com/comedian-basketmouth-breaks-silence-after-eus-disqualification-over-rape-joke/

Re: Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence After Eu’s Disqualification Over Rape Joke by partnerbizn4(m): 6:52am On Dec 03, 2019
Haters tagged EU about a joke made in 2014 and apologized for too.
Re: Comedian Basketmouth Breaks Silence After Eu’s Disqualification Over Rape Joke by hisgrace090: 7:13am On Dec 03, 2019
9ja bloggers?

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress, Genny Uzoma Gifted An Early Birthday Surprise Cake / Queen-rapper,nicki-minaj-goes-clubbing-with-husband / See What SARS & POLICE Are Doing At Nnamdi KANU Parents Burial (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.