Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law (23624 Views)

But For My 2,000 Rented Crowd, Buhari Would Have Met Empty Stadium – Umahi / 10 Reasons Why Buhari Would Lose 2019 Presidential Election / Atiku: Buhari Would Have Arrested Me If I Am Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by itsme01: 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
RexTramadol1:

My problem isn't his ability to read, maybe my problem is comprehension

and as a concerned citizen you are free to attend the public hearing at NASS complex, you can also call your rep and senator to hear your views.. their contacts are on NASS website
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by Legendguru: 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by zibya: 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2019
ezendiala1:
[s][/s]
freshly banned and yet still breaking rule 19 with impunity
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by Goalnaldo(m): 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
ezendiala1:
[s][/s]
I will report you for breaking rule 17 cheesy
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by Goalnaldo(m): 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2019
ezendiala1:
[s]
i just realised there's no rule 17 grin
cheesy grin
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by waledeji(m): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
ezendiala1:
[s]
i just realised there's no rule 17 grin
[
Goalnaldo:
zibya:
freshly banned and yet still breaking rule 19 with impunity
Goalnaldo:
cheesy grin
Goalnaldo:
itsme01:

and as a concerned citizen you are free to attend the public hearing at NASS complex, you can also call your rep and senator to hear your views.. their contacts are on NASS website
qu
ezendiala1:
[s][/s]
ote author=ezendiala1 post=84592733][s]
i just realised there's no rule 17 grin[/quote]
Ajayi work no salary wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by VULCAN(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
Thankfully most of you who are BMCs will not be able to leave Nigeria if it collapses under the weight of Buhari and his merry men.

Thankfully myself and family will enter plane and land in a better place while you drown like the lower class on Titanic

Afamed:
‘I apologize and have learned my lesson…’ – US Journalism Professor Kperogi moans for spreading fake news

Farooq Kperogi, the US-based journalist and media scholar who was reported yesterday byParkchester Times for spreading fake news about Boko Haram Massacre in Nigeria, has apologized to the public via his Facebook timeline.

In his lengthy note tagged 'My Story about this Fake Photo’, Kperogi accepted he was emotionally carried away by the picture, and that led to his careless and swift lapse of judgement, which he regretted that it gave room for supporters of President Muhamadu Buhari to nail him.

‘This photo you see here touched me deeply, so I shared it on Twitter, where I am now more active…,’ said Kperogi.

‘I thought the photo was real. It turned out, however, that it was screenshot from a Hausa movie and had nothing to do with the current massacre of our soldiers by Boko Haram terrorists,’ added the Associate Professor of Journalism and Emerging Media.

Kperogi further claimed that he couldn’t detect that the photo was fake because he had never watched any Hausa movies before, and that he was misled by those who had shared it before him on Twitter.

‘I have never watched a Hausa movie in my entire life, so I have no familiarity with the faces of the actors in the photo. My reverse image search didn’t yield any result that indicated that the photo was from a Hausa movie. Plus, the poor quality of the photo convinced me that it was inexpertly shot from a grainy video,’ said Kperogi.

‘Before sharing it, I did a quick reverse image search, but the images I got led me to other shares on Twitter,’ Kperogi added.

Having apologized for spreading the fake news, Kperogi noted that he had learned his lesson, which perhaps would strengthen him to carefully continue to fight for justice, most especially, for Nigerians.

‘I apologize and have learned my lesson, but I won't relent in my struggle for a better Nigeria,’ Kperogi concluded.

Krerogi, the promoter of hate speech
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by dochenaj: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
itsme01:
the president didnt sponsor the bill, a senator did.. and it just made second reading so why quote the president
Well let's see if he will assent to the bill.
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by Afamed: 6:18am On Dec 04, 2019
VULCAN:
Thankfully most of you who are BMCs will not be able to leave Nigeria if it collapses under the weight of Buhari and his merry men.

Thankfully myself and family will enter plane and land in a better place while you drown like the lower class on Titanic

Empty barrel
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by desmond2pk: 8:31am On Dec 04, 2019
So buhari is now a dummy that they can marry wife or unmarry wife for without his notice?
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by VanGun: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2019
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by Kpoikpoi: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2019
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Aisha Buhari Would Be The First Victim Of Social Media Law by Kpoikpoi: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2019
I think the social media bill us for idiots like you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: We Can No Longer Sell At N165/litre – IPMAN / SDP's Adewole Adebayo Makes Peter Obi Confirm His Source Of Information (Video) / Helen Mbakwe: Meet The New Political Role Model In Anambra Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.