Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or (43310 Views)

Ronaldo Won Saudi Pro League Player Of The Month For February With 8 Goals 2 Ass / Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot / Messi: It Would Have Been Humiliating If Nigeria Eliminated Us From World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by nanauju(f): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
grin
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Chudivictor(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
;DRonaldo is finding it difficult too. prolly that's why he didn't attend
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by shogsman(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
Here to watch nonentities take side and talk Ill of the 2 greatest figure in sports history.

2 Likes

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Forward77(m): 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
That is human nature.

But for me, Ronaldo has 6.
Now messi has 6.
It’s a win win

Modric has nothing doing with the balon d’or

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by kulay1(m): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
So much for been so humble.
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Thetechhub(m): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
Xmas Bonanza.
UK used Apple iPhone X Factory unlocked 64gig
Charger and box inclusive.
O81OO3544O4
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by jackfj: 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
Officialgarri:

I pray he wins the next and the next and the next till his retirement.

I want to Ronaldo to hate him alot and cry everyday at the mention of Messi

My brother stop the hate!!
Ronaldo is just too good, if not this ur unnecessary panicks will not be there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by LesbianBoy(m): 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2019
Then he made his feelings known to FIFA and in order not to hurt their favourite FIFA decided to cheat Ronaldo in the last ballon d'or and insulted the footballing world sensibility by giving it to an average Modric angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by lonelydora: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2019
Officialgarri:
The nervousness was written all over him. He wanted the award so badly

He couldn't imagine a GOAT being compared with a hardworking sheep.

I'm glad he is now ahead and arguments have ended.

Messi with his current performance might win the next Ballon d' or angry

grin grin GOAT and hardwork sheep

2 Likes

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by 8stargeneral: 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jokerman:
I thought Messi fans said Messi doesn't do competitions?? grin
don't mind them, he was even frustrated .
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Rastamann: 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Both players are great but let Messi change and play for another club like Ronaldo have done and let's see how far he can go?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Niwdog(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Messi is football
Football is Messi
Ororo is good no doubt
But saying he is better than Messi
Is like saying a priest is good at incantation than a native priest

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by bs81(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
This one is for Ronaldo and all his fans.
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by jackfj: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
hinohsend:

Yes, he's delusional. This is Messi admitting to Cristiano deserving the Balon d'or for some years and him not deserving it. Ronaldo can never do that, the dude thinks he should have won Balon D'or this year FFS, saying he deserves more Balon D'ors than Messi and what not.

As far as Ronaldo is probably concerned he deserves every Balon D'or since he started playing. When you cant acknowledge the greatness of your rivals and admit that you can sometimes be beaten, that's now being blunt, that's being delusional and arrogant

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-soccer-italy-juv-ronaldo/i-deserve-more-ballon-dor-awards-than-messi-says-ronaldo-idUSKBN1W30LN

Who are you to judge who is arrogant and proud people Brother there are people like that very ambitious it has absolutely nothing to do with pride

1 Like

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by KennyQ: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
Messi has such a beautiful heart . Messi said this when he was informed about ronaldo's refusal to attend the ceremony, in order
to show he understands the reason behind Ronald's action, he was trying to cover up for ronaldo just to save him from being mocked for not coming

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Hades2016(m): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
Very greedy man
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Afflalo(m): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
Let settle this once and for all,,,Like for Messi and share for Ronaldo

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by 8stargeneral: 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
if it's Ronaldo that said this now they will be against him, imagine Messi been frustrated because of persons achievement?

2 Likes

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by anonymous1759(m): 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2019

Goat grin Goater grin grin Goatess. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Correcto: 6:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
People are saying Messi is sincere but if Ronaldo said this people will say he is too jealous
uzoma213:
Lionel Messi admits “it hurt” when Cristiano Ronaldo joined him on five Ballon d’Or triumphs, with the Barcelona superstar claiming to understand the frustration of a rival who opted not to attend the 2019 ceremony.

Messi had dropped to fifth in the vote 12 months ago, while four years had passed since he was last recognised as the finest player on the planet.

In that time, Portuguese icon Ronaldo added another two Ballons d’Or to his collection, with a run of four wins in the space of five years taking the Juventus forward level with an eternal foe.

Messi admits he found it difficult to see Ronaldo claiming his fifth award and can appreciate why the Juventus star - who was in Milan to collect a Serie A Player of the Year prize on Monday rather Paris - will be experiencing similar emotions in the present.

“On the one hand, I enjoyed having five and being the only one,” Messi told France Football .

“When Cristiano moved level, I admit that it hurt me a bit. I was no longer alone at the top. But it made sense, although it was good when I was alone at five.

“Was I frustrated in the last few years? Let's say I understood why I did not win.

“As a team, we had not achieved our major goal, which was to win the Champions League, which gives you more chances to win the Ballon d'Or.

“When Cristiano Ronaldo won it is because he had achieved great seasons by winning the Champions League and being decisive. It was deserved, there was not much I could do.

“Did I feel injustice? It's up to you to tell me if the Ballon d'Or is awarded to the best player or the one who enjoys the best season.

“It is also down to individual taste. Some prefer Cristiano, others myself or Neymar or [Kylian] Mbappe. People have the right to choose the one they like most.”

Ronaldo finished third in the 2019 vote, the first time he has dropped out of the top two since 2010.

Messi added on the emotions of a man who has helped him to take his own game to even greater heights: “Do I understand Ronaldo's frustration? It is something that we live, feel and express according to our own way of being.

“Once again, the collective titles are the most important thing, even if the individual trophies are rewarding.

“When the Ballon d'Or eludes you, everyone reacts in their own way. But when you are a top athlete, you always want to win.”

Messi finds himself back at the summit of the global game and intends to make the most of such a standing at 32 years of age.

“It is exceptional to win the Ballon d'Or four years in a row, and win another 10 years after the first, it puts into perspective the longevity of my career,” added the South American.

“It's hard to stay competitive for a decade. I was lucky to be able to do it.”

Source: https://www.goal.com/en/news/messi-it-hurt-when-ronaldo-won-his-fifth-ballon-dor/jo9o8ow48ppq1xosllwkuxnrg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by toprealman: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
Officialgarri:

I pray he wins the next and the next and the next till his retirement.

I want to Ronaldo to hate him alot and cry everyday at the mention of Messi
Not good for the sports man
With what Messi said, it goes beyond achievement now.
Too much politics ain't good for the sports.
I'm team Messi & Ronaldo joined together.
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Renforce: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
Smallboy01:

what truth? Tell me
when Ronaldo won his 5th ballon d'or he told the press that "I'M THE BEST PLAYER OF 20 YEARS"

Cocky to the core. He's good no doubt but abeg Messi is king

1 Like

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by apasino01: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
Rastamann:
Both players are great but let Messi change and play for another club like Ronaldo have done and let's see how far he can go?
imagine Ronaldo stayed in man united till date

1 Like

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by blackboy2star(m): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
You dey mind them, we humans are hypocrite

Madaraa1:

but when ronaldo say the truth he is proud
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Promisecinho12(m): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
Madaraa1:

but when ronaldo say the truth he is proud
ronaldo is trying to be proud and sincere at the same time thats the difference
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Beverlyjean(f): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
Officialgarri:
The nervousness was written all over him. He wanted the award so badly

He couldn't imagine a GOAT being compared with a hardworking sheep.

I'm glad he is now ahead and arguments have ended.

Messi with his current performance might win the next Ballon d' or angry

Which argument has ended ?? Someone that hasn't won anything for his nation or won CL in 5yrs .... Messi is a fraud and is like buhari and apc that is being favoured by the judges

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by anonymous1759(m): 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
apasino01:
imagine Ronaldo stayed in man united till date

He wouldn't be as successful as he's today that's why he left.
Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by DukeNija(m): 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
uzoma213:
did he lie? He says what he believes, the only argument could be that a certain Lionel Messi is on par with him

They are not on par. Messi is above Ronaldo.

6 Likes

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by blackboy2star(m): 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
Messi's brain reader... lol

KennyQ:
Messi has such a beautiful heart . Messi said this when he was informed about ronaldo's refusal to attend the ceremony, in order
to show he understands the reason behind Ronald's action, he was trying to cover up for ronaldo just to save him from being mocked for not coming

1 Like

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Jaytecq(m): 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
The FIRST and ONLY player to with 6 Ballon dor in the HISTORY OF FOOTBALL: MESSI

2 Likes

Re: Messi: It Hurt When Ronaldo Won His Fifth Ballon D'or by Babaheekmat: 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
Laughing.. See this guy Sha..

So you enjoy claiming other people's award..

Lazy boi. No wonder you taku for barca

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Football Fans Show Support To Carl Ikeme In England. PICS / Cristiano Ronaldo And His Bugatti Chiron Pictured / UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.