Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon (6973 Views)

DSS Are Rascals; Fayose Storms Aso Villa, Clashes With Buhari... / Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals / Hon. Obahiagbon Again! This Time On Pa Enahoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2010
Bunch of Agberos.
the guy has passed his message even though they castiagate him,we've got the message already.truth hurts.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Digriz(m): 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2010
Taborah:

The guy really fooled the house if indeed they thought he has apologised. He was infact defending his submission that their action is tantamount to legislative rascality. One needs to go back to the dictionary and check the meaning of APOLOGIA.
ths guy is really making a mockery of them by hs use of words whch they couldn't comprehend immediately it was spoken.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by mojounited(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2010
1025:

in fact, our senators are gambadoistically manipulated and as such dwell so much on gambadoism.
god punish them, gambadoists like them.
even our president and other pdp members are into gambadoism and will be gambadoized if they don't change from their gambadoistic lives.
gambadoists like them.
^^nice one. this got me ROFL
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2010
People should stop being childish. Obahiagbo may be hillarious but he is about the most honest lawmaker in the country.

In terms of him appologising, there is nothing wrong with that. He only appologised for using abusive language.

I don't think he has appologised for opposing the bill.

I think there will be a House Rule that prevents you from using abusive language against a colleague no matter how senseless or unacceptable you may find their opinion. I think this is why Obahiagbon appologised.

It is not cowardice nor U-turn. It is simply obeying the rules.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2010
mikeansy:

People should stop being childish. Obahiagbo may be hillarious but he is about the most honest lawmaker in the country.

In terms of him appologising, there is nothing wrong with that. He only appologised for using abusive language.

I don't think he has appologised for opposing the bill.

I think there will be a[b] House Rule that prevents you from using abusive language against a colleague[/b] no matter how senseless or unacceptable you may find their opinion. I think this is why Obahiagbon appologised.

It is not cowardice nor U-turn. It is simply obeying the rules.
There is and that is why they wanted the Ethics committee to take disciplinary action against him,maybe suspend him.
The guy has done an excellent task to have hit the nail on the legislators' head and i'm happy about that.they deserve the abuse !
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Ultrame(m): 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2010
I just checked the meaning of the word 'apologia' and the way it was used, Hon Obahiagbon did not apologize at all.

In fact if he did anything at all, it is to show those lousy lawmakers that are calling for his head how stupid they really are.

WOW! this dude is way too smart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apologia
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
~Bluetooth:

There is and that is why they wanted the Ethics committee to take disciplinary action against him,maybe suspend him.
The guy has done an excellent task to have hit the nail on the legislators' head and i'm happy about that.they deserve the abuse !

Go and watch all his video he always stand up for the truth. Sometimes very difficult truths. His vocabulary may be funny.

In the heat of the Yar'adua saga he also spoke out. Forget the possibility that he comes across as a mad man but the man is the People's Legislator.

He is a natural Liberal. And it reflects in his choice of politics.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by jaiykem: 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2010
The legislators are rascals for even a day-old child knows that.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2010
mikeansy:

Go and watch all his video[b] he always stand up for the truth[/b]. Sometimes very difficult truths. His vocabulary may be funny.

In the heat of the Yar'adua saga he also spoke out. Forget the possibility that he comes across as a mad man but the man is the People's Legislator.

He is a natural Liberal. And it reflects in his choice of politics.

if only we can have more radicals like him that can challenge the rascality in our politics,then Nigeria is sure to change for the best.i'm just tired of the so called  progressives that can even stand for what they preach.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by moneyquest: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2010
Taborah:

The guy really fooled the house if indeed they thought he has apologised. He was infact defending his submission that their action is tantamount to legislative rascality. One needs to go back to the dictionary and check the meaning of APOLOGIA.

Like him or hate him, this guy is a genius! No doubt, he has good command of his vocabulary. Apologia - an apology, as in defense or justification of a belief, idea etc see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apologia
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by marcdunu: 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2010
[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQP2U59pKgA?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

The man has passion.

The NASS must be a vehicle of social re-engineering indeed.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by oge4real(f): 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
I love this man, he has made them "the more you listen, the less you comprehend".
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Mesef1: 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2010
marcdunu:

[flash=480,385]

The man has passion.

OH, HOW I LOVE OBAHIAGBON!

AT LEAST HE WOULD ALWAYS COMPEL SOME OF US TO CHECK OUT THE MEANING OF WORDS IN THE DICTIONARY. I'M NOT SURE HE HAS THE SAME EFFECT ON HIS LAZY COLLEAGUES IN THE HOUSE.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by marcdunu: 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2010
Me sef:

OH, HOW I LOVE OBAHIAGBON!

AT LEAST HE WOULD ALWAYS COMPEL SOME OF US TO CHECK OUT THE MEANING OF WORDS IN THE DICTIONARY. I'M NOT SURE HE HAS THE SAME EFFECT ON HIS LAZY COLLEAGUES IN THE HOUSE.

I believe he would have made an impression on them.

Surely they will not inform him when sharing loot but I believe his personality is helping him.

Otherwise dem for don kill am by now for saying the truth.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by 1025: 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2010
even before this man mentioned this, i know that from 1999 till date, pdp have produced nothing but gambadoistic materials in the name of politicians.
looking at the ways they come to power, one does not need a prophet to know that they are made up of gambadoism.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by andyanders: 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2010
THAT IS MY MAN=HON OBAHIAGBON. U CAN IMMAGINE THE SO CALLED SILLY MAN "Aguma "THAT CHALLANGED HIS ENGLISH SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL. MOST OF THEM THEIR CAME TO STEAL. FOR ONCE, THE SPEAKER, DEMEJI DID WELL BY NOT SUPPORTING THE SILLY LAW MAKERS TO SUSPEND HON OBAHIAGBON. HON, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU AND I ALWAYS LOVE SEEING YOU ON TV. WHENEVER  ANY OTHER MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE IS TALKING, I SWITCH OFF MY TV. BUT WHENEVER I SEE HON OBAHIAGBON TALKING, I CALL MY FAMILY TO COME AND SEE MY MAN AND A TRUTHFUL MAN. GO AHEAD AND BLOW YOUR GRAMMER. OTHER MEMBERS ARE JUST ROGUES.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by marcdunu: 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2010
A TRUE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE PEOPLE !!!
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by donclemo(m): 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2010
na today he don dey insult them, na now dem just realize
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by slap1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2010
This is like someone calling you an ediot and apologizing by calling you a fcking, blawdy ediot.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by daroz(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2010
Obahiagbon, carry go, we dey ur back
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2010
Another on my list of Enigmatic people, Fela is numero Uno, I am sure both have met
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by honeric01(m): 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2010
I say apologia for calling you all gambadoists
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2010
he is called the igodo migodo of bini kingdom, i hold him in high esteem. Go man, edo always produce men of the people, adams oshiomhole,now hon. patric
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by 1025: 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2010
this man speak english until even those against him began clapping for him.
those gambadoistic house members who cannot speak a single sound english even in their gambadoism.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by jmoore(m): 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2010
hahaha, nigerialistic legislative dramatictalian chopping of our money
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by hawley(m): 11:36pm On Nov 24, 2010
cheesy

Dear Hon. Obahiagbon, thanks for the new words:

Apologia: justification: a formal, usually written, defense or justification of a belief, theory, or policy

Gambadoism: prank: a prank or escapade

Kai! My coursemates are in trouble. cool

Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Harbb: 12:45am On Nov 25, 2010
mojounited:

^^nice one. this got me ROFL
Nairaland, una no go kill me oooo
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by MaiSuya(m): 12:53am On Nov 25, 2010
Obahiagbon, the first lawmaker to openly condemn the clause, had said that it would amount to ”legislative rascality and parliamentary gambadoism” if the House went ahead to pass the bill.

Why are the law makers making so much noise? The man didn't insult them; he simply said that their action, should it pull off, would be tantamount to be above description (a very fitting one, by the way). Since the bill is still under consideration, the apology was unnecessary, IMO
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by Beaf: 1:17am On Nov 25, 2010
I know Obahiagbon personally (for donkey years now). He has always been a radical to the core, he is very intelligent, honest, couragous and widely read.
When he was still a member of the PDP, he was the only NASS member to call press conferences (twice) to denounce the part the lawmakers were playing in the Yar Adua saga.

That guy and Halims Agoda are the only genuine lawmakers.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by xoxogg(f): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2010
marcdunu:

[flash=480,385]

The man has passion.

You can see the expression of his lazy colleagues;  --->disinterested.  To them he's just blowing hot air, he could spit outlike he isn't already doin dat oxford if he likes, but no matter hw much he criticises them, the rascals know they wud always hv their way in the house cos they r more n issues in the house are decided by the majority.
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by GeorgeD1(m): 11:37am On Nov 25, 2010
are we just knowing this for the first time?
Re: Controversial Bill: Legislators Are Rascals - Hon Obahiagbon by marvix(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2010
xoxo, :

You can see the expression of his lazy colleagues; --->disinterested. To them he's just blowing hot air, he could spit outlike he isn't already doin dat oxford if he likes, but no matter hw much he criticises them, the rascals know they wud always hv their way in the house cos they r more n issues in the house are decided by the majority.

The bolded portion in the quote above is the UGLINESS OF DEMOCRAZY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judicial Workers Suspend Strike / Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It / Presidency Says Buhari Might Resign, Gives Shocking Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.