Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Selling Vacancies Alias Employment Slots, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Selling Vacancies Alias Employment Slots, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju (252 Views)

Anambra Federal College Of Education Umunze Allocates 811 Employment Slots For S / Employment Slots Scandal: SERAP Calls On ICPC, EFCC To Probe Senate, MDAs / Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Selling Vacancies Alias Employment Slots, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju by shehuolayinka(m): 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nothing surprises me anymore about Nigeria. Nothing, no matter how ridiculous is beyond the Nigerian. I may not be surprised about the vileness of human spirit as demonstrated by the Nigerian, but I have never lost the capacity to be confounded by it.

Employment slot by nature is rooted in clan-based thinking.

Clan-based thinking is guiltless disregard of the best candidate from the employable pool of candidates in favor of someone from your family, town or community. Doing this is robbing Nigeria of the intelligence and talent of the whole population.

Issuing “slots” to politicians, traditional rulers and top level civil servants to fill positions is very bad. It excludes talent from poor background. Now it is worse! I read Lasisi Olagunju column this morning and I shed a sad tear.

He wrote a heart rending column, citing copiously from the video of Imam of Offa, Alhaji Muyideen. I asked him to send me the video; I watched it and I was sick to my stomach! He cursed out the politicians for their greed.

It is had to sustain hope that Nigeria will endure when politicians now sell slots for N1.2million naira. In addition, they ask that the first six months salary be paid to them. I’m gutted!

No society has ever survived injustice. None! At this rate, the poor will turn on the rich. Rich nations survive because of enlightened self-interest.

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/12/03/selling-vacancies-alias-employment-slots-by-bamidele-ademola-olateju/

Re: Selling Vacancies Alias Employment Slots, By Bamidele Ademola-olateju by LabDNA: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
Na today? Even the buhari family is guilty of nepotism.

(1) (Reply)

Falana Breaks Silence On Sowore’s Rearrest In Court / BREAKING: Sowore: House Of Reps To Take Action Against DSS Over Reported Court I / Buhari, South-west APC Hail Ajimobi At 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.