Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,815 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

The Night It Happened - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Night It Happened (490 Views)

The Night It Happened Part X / The Night It Happened Part Iv / The Night It Happened- Part Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Night It Happened by stanblessing: 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
EPISODE I
I was at the peak of my career, at a stage where I was on everyone’s lips. Whenever I walk through the street, people called out to me and shower me with encomiums.

They made me feel so special and I liked it. “Grace the powerful singer” was always proclaimed and I give smiles back as a thank you.

My songs have gone far and wide, I hear them at every corner of the street and I couldn’t resist the invitations I got from ministers always calling for me to come sing for them.

My career was my second after my husband. Sometimes my husband got so jealous that I gave primary attention to my career instead of my marital responsibilities.

My dear, my marriage was no way near peaceful. I have been married for 15 years yet no evidence that I was fruitful. We had visited many hospitals, have gone through so much just to ensure I am able to conceive but no good results.

The worst thing is that every doctor told the same story, “you are both medically okay to bear children” and then the fundamental question “why”? haven’t we get written on our faces.

My husband was a complete gentle man, his faith in God was so strong that he never doubted for a day God would answer his prayers “at his time”. Those were his words. But I am a woman, the whole world was always on me to give them a child. You understand the situation dear reader, it’s always difficult to hold a marriage together when there’s no child…
I thought of divorce but that would devastate my husband and my career would be ruined! “my Grace, you worry a lot. Why can’t you.....

READ FURTHER> https://wirelesssignalsng..com/2019/12/the-night-it-happened.html

1 Share

Re: The Night It Happened by ThePreachersSon: 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
stanblessing
The worst thing is that every doctor told the same story, “you are both medically okay to bear children” and then the fundamental question “why”? haven’t we get written on our faces.

and then the fundamental question “why haven’t we?" get written on our faces.
Re: The Night It Happened by Silasloaded(m): 4:55am On Dec 04, 2019
Nice Write up!!! Continue and keep up the good works am following

(1) (Reply)

Poetic Genius – Inufin Ayomide D’great X Ras Godisoh / TRAFFICKED BY AKACHI ADIMORA AND VIRTUOUS WOMAN ZAYNAB ALKALI / Body Shaming By Victoria Omoghena Edidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.