Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner (13787 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / My Girl Friend In Britain Is Planning To Send Me An Invite, What Will I Do To Secure Visa And Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2010
1, triple the cost of tuition fees (no more free ride)
2, they capped the number of immigrants to just 22 thousand a year
3, you dont own your council flats forever like people used to. now its on a 2 year contract basis and once your situation improves they throw you out
4, deporting anything moving (10,000 nigerians about to be deported )
5, cracking down on all sham marriages

is this a step in the right direction by the conservatives ?
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by uktrader: 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2010
buzugee:

3, you dont own your council flats forever like people used to. now its on a 2 year contract basis and once your situation improves they throw you out

is this a step in the right direction by the conservatives ?

Step in the right direction? UK will not be happy until we STOP and send back ALL the undesirable back to their Third World country. We don't need or/and want you in our once great country
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2010
uktrader:

Step in the right direction? UK will not be happy until we STOP and send back ALL the undesirable back to their Third World country. We don't need or/and want you in our once great country
so you are saying it is a step in the right direction ?
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by uktrader: 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2010
buzugee:

so you are saying it is a step in the right direction ?

YES, YES, and 1000+ YESES until you get the message.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by tpia5: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2010
buzugee:

this makes it harder to get an education.

is that possible?   generally speaking.

3, you dont own your council flats forever like people used to. now its on a 2 year contract basis

hmm.

and once your situation improves they throw you out

i think clinton tried something similar called a welfare to work program.

but no one was thrown out of their flats sha.

you were just given some training and told to find a job or else lose your benefits.

are you serious. I heard deportations are too costly though.

hmm, well.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2010
uktrader:

YES, YES, and 1000+ YESES until you get the message.
i dont need the message. i was born in hammersmith hospital W12 grin but i will pick nigeria over britain though. britain sucks goat nuts
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by uktrader: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2010
buzugee:

i dont need the message. i was born in hammersmith hospital W12 grin but i will pick nigeria over britain though. britain sucks goat nuts

GOODBYE, and take the others with you
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2010
tpia@:

this makes it harder to get an education.

is that possible?   generally speaking.

hmm.

i think clinton tried something similar called a welfare to work program.

but no one was thrown out of their flats sha.

you were just given some training and told to find a job or else lose your benefits.

are you serious. I heard deportations are too costly though.

hmm, well.
oh yea i am serious tpia. i can provide links to all the storys if i wasnt so lazy this morning. the conservatives apparently are trying to save the country  grin from what ? i dont know.

the education thingy ? they feel too many people dont take their education serious because it is cheap plus they are making cuts in the education sector so they feel folks have to pick up their own tabs.

as per the 22 thousand immigration cap ? well it is possible technically but a few people will still sneak in successfully. maybe not as much as before but a few will. those 22 thousand apparently will be scientists and high skilled people. it was on the news yesterday.

as per the council flats ? well see in britain the system is different from in america. in britain the govt actually directly owns those council houses and they have all your tax records etc etc and national insurance number. so if you earn above a certain amount ? they will know and act accordingly, unless of course you can procure one of those under the table jobs but nevertheless the contractual leases are only for 2 years now. you dont get to own it for life like before.

as per deportations ? i am sure it is cheaper to deport 10000 people than to feed, cloth, house and educate 10000 people. grin grin grin grin i think
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2010
uktrader:

actually just for that lil remark i think i will stay. i will invite all my friends to come from nigeria to come and stay too. they will all initially be collecting giro of course because they will have no jobs. maybe i can get them housing benefits too ? and maybe, just maybe i can get them into a council house ?
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2010
buzugee:

I don't know what you're on about there. There is no need to make the choice anyway since you have dual nationality.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2010
tensor777:

I don't know what you're on about there. There is no need to make the choice anyway since you have dual nationality.
i am actually not making a choice of nationalities. i am making a choice of abode grin whats hood chief ? AWOL like a mahfuka.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2010
buzugee:

i am actually not making a choice of nationalities. i am making a choice of abode grin whats hood chief ? AWOL like a mahfuka.
Your choice. But to be honest I am not at all in favour of dual nationality Nigerians who have established roots in the West just upping sticks and going back to Africa enmasse.
That is definitely not the way to go about things. Look at the Indians and the Chinese for instance who have taken their time to establish themselves in the West.

1 Like

Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2010
tensor777:

Your choice. But to be honest I am not at all in favour of dual nationality Nigerians who have established roots in the West just upping sticks and going back to Africa enmasse.
That is definitely not the way to go about things. Look at the Indians and the Chinese for instance who have taken their time to establish themselves in the West.
i hear ya. but life is too short. i am not a part of some movement to change the world or effect any kinda change. i am just lil ol me tryna carve out my utopia in a place where my mind is not constantly discombobulated by crazy Neanderthal throwbacks

you do know that scientists have found a gene in white people that proves that they are partially descended from neanderthals right ? so we are basically co-existing with neanderthal and human hybrids  grin if that aint some trippy shyttt i dont know what is  grin you ever wondered why a white guy will travel all over the world picking fights with the locals, getting drunk to the point of stupor, football hooliganism, and being rowdy all the time ?
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by DisGuy: 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2010
a step in the right direction, just unfortunate it is happening in this tough times

the conservatives have always been about small govt and frown at welfare state

let be honest some people take the pi$$ with the welfare state! you see a perfectly healthy couple coming on t.v saying they've not working for 15 years cos of some imaginary back pain or migrane or some silly sod of excuse that makes real workers look like lazy clowns- house rent paid for, free health care, free training to get back to work etc etc
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2010
Dis Guy:

a step in the right direction, just unfortunate it is happening in this tough times

the conservatives have always been about small govt and frown at welfare state

let be honest some people take the pi$$ with the welfare state! you see a perfectly healthy couple coming on t.v saying they've not working for 15 years cos of some imaginary back pain or migrane or some silly sod of excuse that makes real workers look like lazy clowns- house rent paid for, free health care, free training to get back to work etc etc
totally feel you. but my question is ? if all able bodied people in britain decided to work, will there be enough work for all of them ?arent some people just supposed to be on welfare while the rest of the work is shared out amongst the rest ?
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2010
buzugee:

totally feel you. but my question is ? if all able bodied people in britain decided to work, will there be enough work for all of them ?arent some people just supposed to be on welfare while the rest of the work is shared out amongst the rest ?
Nope, there won't be as not everyone can be employed at any one time.
BUT they do need to crackdown on benefits for asylum seekers, those with ill-defined health issues,  teenage single mothers and child tax credit for those who refuse to get a proper job of work.
There is the more serious issue of housing benefit fraud commited by people who in fact have a very good job of work or a viable business.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2010
tensor777:

Nope, there won't be as not everyone can be employed at any one time.
BUT they do need to crackdown on benefits for asylum seekers, those with ill-defined health issues,  teenage single mothers and child tax credit for those who refuse to get a proper job of work.
There is the more serious issue of housing benefit fraud commited by people who in fact have a very good job of work or a viable business.
strong points. i personally knew a nigerian woman in upton park who collected the giro and housing benefits on close to 40 fictitious names.  grin now she is paid. that kinda fraud needs to be cracked down on. she has several homes in nigeria now. she travels in and out. she did this in the nineties
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by tunnytox(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2010
uktrader:

You're always barking like someone who's been shot just keep quiet and leave this Nigerian forum, all your past posts are about attacking Nigerians as if they are the major cause of your problems with immigration. Nigerians don't engage in forced marriages neither do they involve in any terrorist activities the burning flame which could soon engulf Britain are the Pakistanis muslim extremists who are refusing to integrate and the Somalis with their ever expanding families chewing khat all day and procreating like pigs.

Yours is a case of someone spending all his time to treat eczema while he's dying of leprousy, i'll suggest you start a thread like this on Pakistanis forum and see how long it will take them to trace your sorry backside. Yes Nigerians engage in some criminal activites but so are the British people and many other nationalities, those who engage in sham marriages are not 'marrying' themselves they have accomplices who are British and EU citizens so please burger off this site and take you rantings somewhere else.

@ poster

there's no doubt that this crackdown is overdue, especially student visas and marriage visas, imagine a college teaching their students in urdu instead of English! some of these bogus colleges has been given too much freedom to abuse immigration rules. Also most marriage visas are sham and the conditions are too generous to say the least. Although the current crackdown is on Tier 1 and tier 2,  these are not the major causes of mass immigration , however the current issues are pointing to one fact that it is high time that we Nigerians start thinking about how to contribute in our own little way to Nigeria's development. Some people usually look at me like a ghost anytime i mention about my ambition to return home, while many have swore to die here.   We have appreciate that we can no longer sit on the fence and watch Nigeria being continuosly despoiled by these so called politicians we can do something no matter how little in our own way to contribute to Nigeria's development. there's no place like home

2 Likes

Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by tpia5: 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2010
step in the right direction, just unfortunate it is happening in this tough times

good point.

if all able bodied people in britain decided to work, will there be enough work for all of them ?arent some people just supposed to be on welfare while the rest of the work is shared out amongst the rest ?

interesting question.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by justwise(m): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2010
tpia@:

good point.

interesting question.

I'm sorry its not an interesting question, many are just far too lazy to work. How about everybody going on benfit? Who will work to pay them? An interesting question as well?
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
justwise:

I'm sorry its not an interesting question, many are just far too lazy to work. How about everybody going on benfit? Who will work to pay them? An interesting question as well?
Well you say that although England does not have a labour shortage in the unskillled sector. There are currently more than enough applicants who are able to fill the available vacancies in the unskilled /manual labour sector.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by TitanMoon: 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2010
Britain belongs to the British, they can do what they want with their country, if you don't like it you can study or work in another country.

Britain is a tiny island that is growing massively through immigration, Britain simply cannot sustain the massive amount of immigration seen in the past 5 years. It cannot incur unlimited immigration.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by justwise(m): 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2010
TitanMoon:

Britain belongs to the British, they can do what they want with their country, if you don't like it you can study or work in another country.

Britain is a tiny island that is growing massively through immigration, Britain simply cannot sustain the massive amount of immigration seen in the past 5 years. It cannot incur unlimited immigration.

Once in a while u come out from hiding to post nonsense, are you also ready to welcome back all British pple living in other countries? I guess Australia will be empty.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by tunnytox(m): 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2010
justwise:

Once in a while u come out from hiding to post nonsense, are you also ready to welcome back all British pple living in other countries? I guess Australia will be empty.

don't mind them they are hypocrites you'll be surprised that he's making his posts from Spain, UAE, qatar, Saudi Arabia, Australia, new Zealand or even Nigeria. They call themselves expats but if they see any immigrants in the UK they are not expats but immigrants. They are bunch of deluded people, that's what reading too much of Daily Mail turn them to.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by TitanMoon: 12:34am On Nov 25, 2010

British people can only go to other countries if they meet the criteria they are no different to other migrants you slowpoke.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by justwise(m): 1:01am On Nov 25, 2010
TitanMoon:

British people can only go to other countries if they meet the criteria they are no different to other migrants you not-so-smart person.

You are the dumb one here.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by former: 6:37am On Nov 25, 2010
buzugee:

oh yea i am serious tpia. i can provide links to all the storys if i wasnt so lazy this morning. the conservatives apparently are trying to save the country  grin from what ? i dont know.

the education thingy ? they feel too many people dont take their education serious because it is cheap plus they are making cuts in the education sector so they feel folks have to pick up their own tabs.

as per the 22 thousand immigration cap ? well it is possible technically but a few people will still sneak in successfully. maybe not as much as before but a few will. those 22 thousand apparently will be scientists and high skilled people. it was on the news yesterday.

as per the council flats ? well see in britain the system is different from in america. in britain the govt actually directly owns those council houses and they have all your tax records etc etc and national insurance number. so if you earn above a certain amount ? they will know and act accordingly, unless of course you can procure one of those under the table jobs but nevertheless the contractual leases are only for 2 years now. you dont get to own it for life like before.

as per deportations ? i am sure it is cheaper to deport 10000 people than to feed, cloth, house and educate 10000 people. grin grin grin grin i think

Does that means those of use that just applied for student visa will be denied?
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by tpia5: 6:56am On Nov 25, 2010
Britain is a tiny island that is growing massively through immigration, Britain simply cannot sustain the massive amount of immigration seen in the past 5 years. It cannot incur unlimited immigration

even though many of your posts are flat out crazy, you do have a point.

i also do not think the UK can cope with unlimited, massive immigration.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by worry246(m): 9:00am On Nov 25, 2010
Following David Cameron’s pledge to dramatically reduce immigration the number of foreign student visas will be cut to 120,000.

Home Secretary, Theresa May, unveiled plans yesterday to limit that number of skilled non-European workers allowed to enter Britain to 21,700. Staff with transfer jobs under the same employer in England will be excluded. This allows for a total of between 35,000 and 40,000 skilled workers to enter Britain.

Foreign students make up 60 per cent of migrants to Britain. Therefore, May stated that in the future only those applying for degree courses will be issued a visa.
No place for people enroling into fake schools to run away and hussle

May explained to Parliament that a[b] quarter of those issued visas to study below degree level were unaccounted for. She believes students at these lower levels of education have been abandoning school in favor of living and working. May stated that this must be stopped.[/b]
At last measures being taken to stop the fake applications

It is estimated that 40 per cent of the 300,000 current student visas are for education below the degree level. May announced that under this new scheme visas would only be issued for universities, further education colleges and a few specially selected institutions.

Also student fees will rise which will make paying difficult.
Universities in England will be able to charge tuition fees of up to £9,000 per year from 2012, as the government transfers much of the cost of courses from the state to students.

Fees will rise to £6,000, with an upper tier of £9,000  That is N2,139,890 

Fees should be payed up front for full tuition which is not refundable to prevent husslers leaving after first term to work.
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by malabite: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2010
worry246:

Also student fees will rise which will make paying difficult.
Universities in England will be able to charge tuition fees of up to £9,000 per year from 2012, as the government transfers much of the cost of courses from the state to students.

Fees will rise to £6,000, with an upper tier of £9,000  That is N2,139,890 

Fees should be payed up front for full tuition which is not refundable to prevent husslers leaving after first term to work.

This has nothing to do with foreign students. Foreign students have always paid more than £9, 000 in most cases. In fact in  some top UK universities, foreign students pay over £20,000
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2010
tunnytox:

You're always barking like someone who's been shot just keep quiet and leave this Nigerian forum, all your past posts are about attacking Nigerians as if they are the major cause of your problems with immigration. Nigerians don't engage in forced marriages neither do they involve in any terrorist activities the burning flame which could soon engulf Britain are the Pakistanis muslim extremists who are refusing to integrate and the Somalis with their ever expanding families chewing khat all day and procreating like pigs.

Yours is a case of someone spending all his time to treat eczema while he's dying of leprousy, i'll suggest you start a thread like this on Pakistanis forum and see how long it will take them to trace your sorry backside. Yes Nigerians engage in some criminal activites but so are the British people and many other nationalities, those who engage in sham marriages are not 'marrying' themselves they have accomplices who are British and EU citizens so please burger off this site and take you rantings somewhere else.

@ poster

there's no doubt that this crackdown is overdue, especially student visas and marriage visas, imagine a college teaching their students in urdu instead of English! some of these bogus colleges has been given too much freedom to abuse immigration rules. Also most marriage visas are sham and the conditions are too generous to say the least. Although the current crackdown is on Tier 1 and tier 2,  these are not the major causes of mass immigration , however the current issues are pointing to one fact that it is high time that we Nigerians start thinking about how to contribute in our own little way to Nigeria's development. Some people usually look at me like a ghost anytime i mention about my ambition to return home, while many have swore to die here.  to contribute to Nigeria's development. there's no place like home
i hear ya. no place like home. folks at home have to learn not to keep up with the joneses. personally i think this is the one single major cause of emigration from naija. not poverty. you see someone in a benzo who just came from abroad. and then you become hell-bent on going abroad to get your own benzo. this, whether we choose to accept it or not, is the cause of most of the emigres out of nigeria. i have known folks (or heard of) who have invested up to $10,000 in their 'desire to travel exploits'. 10 thousand dollars ? that def aint no hungry man
Re: So Britain Is Getting Leaner And Meaner by buzugee(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
justwise:

i feel you just want to disagree just to disagree. you fail to understand the premise of the question. the question again is 'if every able bodied person (including the lazy ones you have pointed out ) decided to work, is there enough work for all of them ? arent some people just supposed to be unemployed by default in order to offset the 'job to population ratio ?''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Schengen Italy Visa Application Processed In 5days / Photos From The Mass Burial Of 21 Victims Who Died During Boat Mishap In Sokoto / Air Peace Deploys Two New Aircraft On Anambra Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.