Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria (25452 Views)

North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum / Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto / Babachir Lawal: North Has Lost Its Privilege In APC Under Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by nedekid: 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2019
I suspect that BBQ seller is from the North grin
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by step272: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2019
Instead these people prefer to campaign or invest on sharia and hijab than education
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by solidifi: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
Okoroawusa,

Always supporting and projecting his half brothers and sisters.

So you want us to park our money again to give them education as they have wasted our money on bh we they initiated.

Who gave or supported other tribes' education?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by tweakdude1: 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2019
Nigerfine3:
[Oga, I bet to disagree. I have lived in kd a bit, visited many northern cities. This is a fact. The world has gone far far away living the north behind. Remember Pakistan, indonisia,morroco, and many other countries are Muslims, they are far more educated in whatever language. Spoken English alone is not bases of education. Education is to broaden the mind,thinking. The ruling class in the north are not serious to educate their people so they can sheepishly follow them.

quote author=Danzakidakura post=84610839]Northerners are not illiterate as they may want you to believe, illiterates rule the country locate all the military high institution to north,monopolize every resources from south to north, control every institutions of government. Systematically cause fight between two major educated group while they keep fighting. And you call them illiterate if this is signs and symbols of illiteracy them i want to be an illiterate too.

Mr. Man the Northerners are illiterates by a ratio of 90% even the once who say they are educated inclusive. School (not only University ) in the North you will know and understand why?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by solidifi: 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2019
Okoroawusa,

Always supporting and projecting his half brothers and sisters.

So you want us to pack our money again to give them education as they have wasted our money on bh which they initiated.

Who gave or supported other tribes' education?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Horus(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r2eo1r6oXs

The journey of eradicating illiteracy from Nigeria has begun

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by buywpbundles: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
It is everywhere
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by adekS1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
Danzakidakura:
Northerners are not illiterate as they may want you to believe, illiterates rule the country locate all the military high institution to north,monopolize every resources from south to north, control every institutions of government. Systematically cause fight between two major educated group while they keep fighting. And you call them illiterate if this is signs and symbols of illiteracy them i want to be an illiterate too.
oga having power has no connection to illiteracy.its all about influence.

They are illiterates,lets call a spade a spade.they get to power by influence and rule or govern illiterately.Ask buhari

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nigerfine3: 2:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
What about the big girls in secondary school across igboland?
Let me believe you are joking tribalist!
Do you know ondo/ ekiti were leaders in exams in Nigeria during the good old days. Now you and your generation has allowed laziness into your head that the eastern schools have taking over waec and jamb first spots . Bayelsa out running Oyo state!
The last o checked I saw my darling oyo state above 20th out of 36 in Waec!
Omo yoruba, e ja ka ro nu. Lazy youth tI take over.

Is it not affecting the potopotor land?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Gatalile1(m): 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
Edygrin:

This got me
g ##got you what?! Inability to address a public with English? No. That should not be the reason because English is a foreign language adopted by Nigeria as an official language. So if they can understand his statements that's all,and no cause for alarm sir.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by sylve11: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2019
Pavore9:
The former Imo State Governor who expressed fear of having lawmakers from the North who cannot address the senate chamber in English, asked for an intervention in the educational sector in the region...... cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin cool
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by anonimi: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Rochas this table you are shaking. INEC will revisit the issue of your certificate return as a Senator.

He is codedly campaigning for more money to be allocated to the north and you say he is shaking table

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
Says the man who believes that "Iberiberism" Is an English word in the dictionary with a meaning.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nigerfine3: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
JasOnKruegEr:
Firstly im a hausa guy from Kaduna, He is right but this shouldn't be an avenue to make mockery of the north, the question is what is the way forward? If poverty can be reduced I think illiteracy won't be a problem anymore, I'm a northerner and one funny thing about our people is their I don't care attitude, giving birth to kids that you dont have the financial viability to train, for some the primary and secondary objective is to feed, quality education is an added bonus. Its not just about sending kids to school, as a parent you check what your kid is being taught and assess his progress, but given the fact that most parent send their wards to government schools where they pay little or no amount for tuition, they don't care about their education and how their kids are coping , all they know is my child is in school and that is what's wrong about the north. But thank God today there's noticeable changes in the number of students going to schools most especially the females, I believe the next generation will be better. The wise trace their steps and amend their errors when criticized, only the fools will get defensive and keep languishing in self delusion
Thanks a million. ..you are a progressive mind. The northern leaders shy away from that. The result of what we are seeing today is because of no good education in past years. ..
Check out the Boko guys ...what is the average age of their foot soilders? The leaders are the problem
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by ecclize: 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
qualityovenbake:
I agree with you on resources, but that does not change the facts the illiteracy level in the north is high. The education deprivation in northern Nigeria is driven by various factors, including economic barriers and socio-cultural norms and practices that discourage attendance in formal education, especially for girls.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/despite-decades-of-funding-literacy-level-in-the-northern-states-remains-low/amp
that doesn't change the fact that they enjoyed more benefits than we the so called educated
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Irore: 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
maestroferdi:
Rochas, take your time...

Born to rule with their illiteracy, imagine what will happen if they are educated?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Edygrin(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
Gatalile1:
g ##got you what?! Inability to address a public with English? No. That should not be the reason because English is a foreign language adopted by Nigeria as an official language. So if they can understand his statements that's all,and no cause for alarm sir.
Are you serious or just messing around?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
The Norths are Running Nigeria and has been running Nigeria from the First days of Nigerian Indepence. How is that Illiteracy?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
The same way Biafran cocaine courier trade is having a negative impact on Nigeria. We need to tackle both.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by MillerJnr(m): 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
greatermeme:
Common sense is different from being educated! What they're using is common sense!
so u mean with all the education, southerners still don't have common sense?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by anonimi: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
adekS1:
oga having power has no connection to illiteracy.its all about influence.

They are illiterates,lets call a spade a spade.they get to power by influence and rule or govern illiterately. Ask buhari

Barawo bubu loves them that way.
Otherwise how will he get people to execute his fatwa of soaking dogs and baboons in blood due to his electoral failure?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by TheExecutioner: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
It's actually their illiteracy and ignorance which gives the north an edge over others.
When you have a large population of wretched impoverished peasants who breed like animals, and who see their leaders as gods, such people will always be easy to manipulate by the handful of educated ones like the traditional rulers (sultan and emirs) and members of the military.

Danzakidakura:
Northerners are not illiterate as they may want you to believe, illiterates rule the country locate all the military high institution to north,monopolize every resources from south to north, control every institutions of government. Systematically cause fight between two major educated group while they keep fighting. And you call them illiterate if this is signs and symbols of illiteracy them i want to be an illiterate too.

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
TheExecutioner:
It's actually their illiteracy and ignorance which gives the north an edge over others.
When you have a large population of wretched impoverished peasants who breed like animals, and who see their leaders as gods, such people will always be easy to manipulate by the handful of educated ones like the traditional rulers (sultan and emirs) and members of the military.

Very true.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by letitrainnow(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
grin Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Dareal90s(m): 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
Danzakidakura:
That is why Nigeria is still in d stone age, that's y we ar not moving forward, if we have literates ruling the country Nigeria would be far better than South Africa.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Promismike(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
Danzakidakura:
my brother arrogation of power does not make u a littrate.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by lastmessenger: 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
TheExecutioner:

you nailed it. An average northerners will not understand the impact of buharis misrule simply because they lack the basic idea on how things are supposed to be
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Taciturn1: 2:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
I think the last thing wicked Northern leaders want is their people educated. Because no one would respect the so called leaders anymore
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Annie939(f): 2:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
what?

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Dinirojones(m): 2:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
hucienda:
It appears the northern leaders are not bothered by it.
why would they be ?? The northern elites would rather impoverish it’s people, it’s easier to manipulate them that way.......

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by slowice(m): 2:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
My hausa customer told me earlier this week that his son is in secondary school, that when he finishes jss3, he ll withdraw him from secular school and enroll him in Arabic school. I asked him if he is more of a Muslim than the Saudis, he answered 'no'. But the Saudis re very educated in both secular and Arabic school. So I asked, if he has been to Saudi Arabia and he said yes. Don't you want the north to look that beautiful, he said he would love it. That is what good education can do, I said..... He finally got my drift and thanked me for the advice, assuring me that he would let his son finish secondary school, learn Arabic later and proceed to the university, if the boy wants to.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder / Cleric Attacks El-Rufai For Jesus Joke On Twitter / Senate Lawan Begins Duty As Senate Leader After Ousting Of Ex-leader Ali Ndume(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.