Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria (25472 Views)

North Has No Right To Complain Over Tinubu’s Appointments – Northern Forum / Doyin Okupe: North Has Not Forgiven Igbos For Killing Sardauna Of Sokoto / Babachir Lawal: North Has Lost Its Privilege In APC Under Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by NwsBoy: 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
tweakdude1:

same goes to Afonjas

Pls what is the meaning of Afonja..I've been see Afonja on nairaland but I don't know the meaning
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 04, 2019
slowice:
My hausa customer told me earlier this week that his son is in secondary school, that when he finishes jss3, he ll withdraw him from secular school and enroll him in Arabic school. I asked him if he is more of a Muslim than the Saudis, he answered 'no'. But the Saudis re very educated in both secular and Arabic school. So I asked, if he has been to Saudi Arabia and he said yes. Don't you want the north to look that beautiful, he said he would love it. That is what good education can do, I said..... He finally got my drift and thanked me for the advice, assuring me that he would let his son finish secondary school, learn Arabic later and proceed to the university, if the boy wants to.

I love this. You have made a huge difference in a child's life with very little effort.

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Gatalile1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
Edygrin:

Are you serious or just messing around?
I'm really serious
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by googi: 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
Most of us make this mistake, sometimes when we are angry, including moi.

Northerners are not illiterates, most can read and write since they attend Islamic lessons from very young age.

The real problem is geared towards religion only which is as dangerous as schools that teach along Christian religion only.

Each learn, cram and express themselves along these lines. Instead of quoting Fagunwa, Achebe or Nkrumah, they quote Jesus and Mohammed.

Education must be broad and at least in more than one language otherwise with PhD, we may be called illiterates.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by mobi99(m): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
the first time rochas said something nearer to the truth...i wonder why those good for nothing senators from northern part will not see a meaningful bill that will curb off the high illiteracy, poverty, and lack of security rampaging their people over there, they are more concern about hate speech bill....i no blame them shaa they just want to shut the southwest and southeast up, after all aboki wey no go school wetin him know about hate speech talkmore facing media to criticize a bad government
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by SoNature(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2019
cry
Danzakidakura:
Northerners are not illiterate as they may want you to believe, illiterates rule the country locate all the military high institution to north,monopolize every resources from south to north, control every institutions of government. Systematically cause fight between two major educated group while they keep fighting. And you call them illiterate if this is signs and symbols of illiteracy them i want to be an illiterate too.

You don't know the difference between illiteracy and ignorance.

Northerners are illiterates but not ignorant
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by slaypapa: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2019
This is a good topic for a research project

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by TheExecutioner: 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2019
And you'll notice that anyone who even tries to introduce any kind of change is immediately punished and whipped into line.

Look at Emir Sanusi. As long as he was quiet nothing happened to him. The moment he started talking about limiting polygamy and criticising the Almajiri system, they began to use a criminal like Ganduje to deal with him.

[img]https://images./4dqWBzDqEywMjb2ejxJdSX.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./3riIfQMf06uKRlRWL4YwTF.jpg[/img]

lastmessenger:
you nailed it. An average northerners will not understand the impact of buharis misrule simply because they lack the basic idea on how things are supposed to be
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Pinkybush: 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
That is why there is boko haram today because they see western education as a sin. It is possible to recruit them into boko haram sect. than into schools. Nigeria is where it is because of them. Imagine trillions of naira use in fighting boko haram what it would've done to this country if it was chanelled in diff. sectors of economy. Well, i don't blame them, like president like his people. Okorocha should rather stop lamenting but do the needful by calling for this country to be divided or restructed.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Joecristiano7(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
When BOKO boys are against Education.. angry

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nicoddemus(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2019
The major cause of backwardness in the North is Islam
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by seguno2: 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2019
TheExecutioner:
And you'll notice that anyone who even tries to introduce any kind of change is immediately punished and whipped into line.

Look at Emir Sanusi. As long as he was quiet nothing happened to him. The moment he started talking about limiting polygamy and criticising the Almajiri system, they began to use a criminal like Ganduje to deal with him.

[img]https://images./3riIfQMf06uKRlRWL4YwTF.jpg[/img]

Is Sanusi having one wife
Why is he being a hypocrite?
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Yongjesus(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2019
Danzakidakura:
he is not shaking any table, Okorocha is the illiterate here because the north are using him to locate more money and resources to the northern region after monopolizing all the military institutions

you said nothing
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by seguno2: 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2019
Danzakidakura:
he is not shaking any table, Okorocha is the illiterate here because the north are using him to locate more money and resources to the northern region after monopolizing all the military institutions

Interesting way of looking at this drama.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by TheExecutioner: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sanusi's position is that a poor man who works as a wheelbarrow pusher or an agbero should not marry more women and have more children than he can take care of. That is the root cause of the Almajiri problem.

seguno2:

Is Sanusi having one wife
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by truvine4u: 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
Exactly. Buhari is a perfect product of illiteracy that is plaguing Nigeria.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Mindfulness:

I love this. You have made a huge difference in a child's life with very little effort.

More than 80% of these people.dont know anything except what imams tell them to do.
They want to go to school but imams will tell them its against their religion, rather they should continue giving birth and no contraceptive.
The elites use the imams to hoodwink these gullible.
If not because of these elites and imams, these people are too good to the core. I have worked with them, traded with them, employed them and to be frank prefer them working for me than any other.
I comfortably give the man who cleans my compound key and go my way. He can enter anywhere in my house as he like and for 2 yrs he worked for me, a pin has never been lost.
He was in extreme pressure to marry the first daughter off at age 16. All his children are going to school. His parents stopped him when he got admitted into college of education. Every time he is working in my house, he will be lamenting. Madam, chai, I for be like òga if I had finished school. They told us not to go to school yet their children went to school and are employed by the govt. I would have ran away like my cousin who ran away and started something and later trained himself in school.

U need to be around them to pity them.

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
sassysure:

More than 80% of these people.dont know anything except what imams tell them to do.
They want to go to school but imams will tell them.its against their religion, rather they should continue giving birth and no contraceptive.
The elites use the imams to hoodwink these gullible.
If not because of these elites and imams, these people are too good to the core. I have worked with them, traaded with them, employed them and to be frank prefer them working for me than any other.
I comfortably give the man who cleans my compound key and go my way. He can enter anywhere in my house as he like and for 2 yrs he worked for me, a pin has never been lost.
He was in extreme pressure to marry the first daughter off at age 16. All his children are going to school. His parents stopped him when he got admitted into college of education. Every time he is working in my house, he will be lamenting. Madam, chai, I for be like òga if I had finished school. They told us not to go to school yet their children went to school and are employed by the govt. I would have ran away likey cousin who ran away and started something and later trained himself in school.

U need to be around them to pity them.

Thanks for sharing the story. You have a good heart but the part in bold breaks my heart. cry
I wrote a few days ago that religion is the opium of the people and it is. It is used as a tool to manipulate people, accept their fate and suffering, to exploit them and to stop them from critical thinking.

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Drosonogasta(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
Isn't those same set of illiterate controlling our resources and power?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nigerfine3: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
[quote author=ecclize post=84618477]
that doesn't change the fact that they enjoyed more benefits than we the so called educated[/quote
]
Please let me make you know the north do not enjoy anything better than the south . Development of a nation, people, state are measured by number of many that are able to afford the basic necessay of life. In develop world, they are not all rich but more than 70 percent of them are satisfied with food, clothing, shelter. That is effect of education. This further translates to a better and more civilized nation
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by seguno2: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2019
TheExecutioner:
Sanusi's position is that a poor man who works as a wheelbarrow pusher or an agbero should not marry more women and have more children than he can take care of. That is the root cause of the Almajiri problem.

He should lead by example, as the Londoners who treat our president do, instead of being a hypocrite.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by donprinyo(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
illiterates can never be reasoned with.
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by obailala(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2019
titiloyeblog:
Illiteracy in the north has a direct negative impact in other parts of the country - Senator Rochas Okorocha (video)

Rochas Okorocha, the Senator representing Imo West Senatorial District in the red chamber has raised an alarm over the high level of illiteracy in the northern part of the country.

The former Imo State Governor who expressed fear of having lawmakers from the North who cannot address the senate chamber in English, asked for an intervention in the educational sector in the region.

Okorocha also stated that the illiteracy in the northern region has a direct impact in other parts of the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUSg2E7kkGM

https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/12/illiteracy-in-north-has-direct-negative.html
Shots fired!
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by obama30: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
titiloyeblog:
Illiteracy in the north has a direct negative impact in other parts of the country - Senator Rochas Okorocha (video)

Rochas Okorocha, the Senator representing Imo West Senatorial District in the red chamber has raised an alarm over the high level of illiteracy in the northern part of the country.

The former Imo State Governor who expressed fear of having lawmakers from the North who cannot address the senate chamber in English, asked for an intervention in the educational sector in the region.

Okorocha also stated that the illiteracy in the northern region has a direct impact in other parts of the country.

https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/12/illiteracy-in-north-has-direct-negative.html

You're at senate as Imo west district senator north northern senator and I am sure you never submitted any bill that will favored the people you rig their vote.
If you fear of having senator who may not address the house in English then why are you supporting Buhari government when you know all the admin are bunch of people that can’t address Nigeria in English neither did they see entire Nigeria as one hence their illiteracy told them that they are colonizing others Nigeria.
Yes the illiteracy in the northern region has a direct impact in other parts of the country because we are in northern regime government where even the president don’t understand some bill he sign neither did he have idea what is youth advantage at UN meeting all he understand is climate change and he need donor nation’s to help restore lake chad ladies and gentlemen this is one of (assua) that fofulation of youth in Nijeria is in benefit of entire nation when we restore lake chad.

the only country in the world that will start Taxing people before the citizen can have saves bank account not even current account. the only nation that want to sell citizen to make money. the only nation the president children's study abroad and yet they want citizens to pay Tax so their children's can remain as political taught tools. the only nation that use military style as democracy yet people as you are supporting the government. I haven't see any educated man in this government since 2015 from president to counselor are illiterate and professional thieves who can read and write but are illiterate in mind to deliver good to people they are stealing from with hope that the masses are illiterate.

The only nation where police can come to your house for extortion only to turn the case that you refuse arrest and your crime for the arrest is that you kill a police that come to arrest you, now when did you kill the police officer? in dream before the arrest or in real when they come to your house for illegal arrest that lead to fight ,and to make it worst their leader will support the allegation devil help you and your in court for justice then you will be send to jail, and this is nation govern by educated people as okolo awusa of Igboland. am tires to count the benefit of educated Rochas and her government
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by MayStudios: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ashley86400:

Nice work.
How much is it?
Send me your number.
I would love to check out more of your works.

Click on the link link in my signature or call
Zero-8-zero-2-five-2-nine-6-nine-9-six
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Kpoikpoi: 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2019
titiloyeblog:

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Kpoikpoi: 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2019
What about South East illiteracy?
Most people from the South East are illiterate traders.
How can you worry about another zone when your zone is the same.

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by greatermeme: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
MillerJnr:

so u mean with all the education, southerners still don't have common sense?
yes, common sense as regards to politics! When it comes to politics, the North sink their differences. Benue and plateau men will forget that Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen have been murdering their people. A divided South will be on the losing end!

1 Like

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Yankee101: 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
It's pulling the entire continent back

It's produced book haram, fulani herdsman and muttalab

...sorry, and Buhari, I forgot to add
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by sulaak(m): 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
moorevic:
i agree with Rochas but its impossible to curb illiteracy in the north.

Why not? Western Nigeria was as bad as the North in the 1950s and 60s.

Awolowo curbed illiteracy in the South West with the universal primary education programme. The North need leaders that will focus on modern primary education and stop wasting resources on expensive new universities or Aljamiri education programme
Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
flokii:
Nigeria would have gone far under regional system if not Ironsi and his kinsmen like Okorocha that wants to dominate every region..

Now the so called "illiterates" have taken advantage of the system Easterners created. He should shut up biko.
Stop that lie. Ironsi didn't kill regionalism. Revisit your history and stop lying. Ironsi's decree didn't kill regions. They were existing until Gowon came, repealed Ironsi's decree and promulgated another decree that led to creation of states. It's creation of states that killed the regional system, because he was advised to do that in order to emasculate Ojukwu. We cannot progress as a nation if lies are all we speak. If you believe I'm lying, then tell me who started the creation of states?

Besides, the leadership of this country was handed over to the North by the British. There was never a time the South had been in charge. The 1966 coup was caused by the political crisis in the West, which made the five majors react. After the coup, some Nigerians jubilated but later turned around to term it an Igbo coup. But Ademoyega, one of the main coup plotters, said it wasn't an Igbo coup. Recall that Akintola was used by the North to cause political crisis in the SW. The same scenario is playing out today. Recall that Sardauna said that Nigeria is their great grandfather's estate freely given to them by the British.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2019
Buhari is an example of that impact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okorocha, Akeredolu, And Mimiko After Closed Door Meeting In Akure (photo) / Pics : Ita Giwa Launches Restaurant, Gets N5 Million From Cross River Governor / Release El-zakzaky To Prevent Creation Of Another Boko Haram – Reps Advise Buhar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.