Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. (662 Views)

Asaba To Maiduguri Via Abuja By Road (live Update). / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Passengers Travelling From Katsina To Kano Burnt To Death In Accident. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by Nahnahvlogs(f): 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
"We meet to part and part to meet".
I decided I wasn't going to be redeploying to another state after I had a conversation with a close friend and was really confuse as to whether to stay back in Borno or go to another state.the reply was 'think carefully about it and follow your heart.'
Borno was calling me on a serious note,I was very inquisitive to know and see for myself how things are there.Few of my friends didn't digest it well my distant and close relatives were bothered about my decision but my parents were totally cool with it so what's the fuss about.No place is safe, yeah I know there are security challenges there but aren't people living there? I was anticipating the journey to Maiduguri more than I wanted to go home,the day came for us to travel and we set out out,So here I am trying to be a bit personal and telling every of my travel experience.At the early hour of that fateful morning I had running stomach, okay I took drugs to stop it,I guess I was fine but I was very very hungry coupled with the fact that I couldn't get a nice dinner to eat the night before. We told the driver after he commenced on the journey to please try and stop so we could get something to eat because I wasn't the only very hungry passenger lol.It was Kano Line we boarded.The driver gave no reply and we kept going I started feeling motion sick with the fuel smell,empty stomach I started throwing up I haven't done that in years that was bad!.After we left Katsina,the states and places we passed through from Katsina to Maiduguri were;
Katsina
Bauchi
Azaure isn't a state though
Yobe/Damaturu
The roads to this place were tarred and we barely got into a bumpy area,the journey was approximately 10hours but it took us 12 whole hours to finally get to Maiduguri rather Borno because you'll still get to some Local Governments under it.
I guess my body system was tired of the stress from camp,eating very late,mosquito bites.I got better at Damaturu where I continued the video so there wasn't a video of Bauchi and Azaure where we had our stop over to ease ourselves stretch and also get something to eat.
The fare was #3500.
We arrived at the state lodge though we got to the NYSC Secretariat first where I realised my travelling bag was left at our first stop, the journey was indeed a very memorable one but i didn't enjoy it like i wanted to,making mosquitoes feast on me that first night there. Maiduguri looks very different from how it is being portrayed and I really would change a lot of people perspectives about the place. Just subscribe to my channel while I take you through the journey of my stay there with a lot of Vlogs.Thanks for reading! To watch the video here is the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9isoSH6I4
#maiduguri
#travelvlog
#upnorth
#vlog
We can connect on social media both IG/Twitter @Nahnahvlogs
My email is always open @abdulnana08@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by greatmarshall(m): 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
You no fear boko boys?
Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
Did u see boko haram?
Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by Nahnahvlogs(f): 2:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
Lollllll I didn't see Boko Haram and Maiduguri is now very safe compared to before and its not like I'm not scared well I'm not to an extent I'll just try to be as careful as I can I guess that's it.
Thanks for Reading
Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
So kano line do operate in katsina to other states now?

Ok you've tried with the vid...but:
-Lower the volume of the music in ur vids
-Why are you just recording the roads? Capture more things. Ppl aren't just interested in roads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by Nahnahvlogs(f): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
Yeah thank you so much for the observations I'm just getting to do more of travel Vlogs and hope to get better.Thanks for watching also ��
Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by royalads: 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
@OP. Thanks for showing us Borno state in a fairly new light. Hope you enjoy your stay there.

Back to the main issue now. Who else noticed that the roads over there are Smooth and pothole free? Just asking for a friend.

1 Like

Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by Nahnahvlogs(f): 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
They are actually,even inside the town the roads are very nice and well tarred.Thanks for watching!
Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by zagorakis(m): 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
This is a nice thread especially for me cos am having this burning desire to serve in maiduguri next year.. I feel i will have opportunity to make some money there.. So please dont abandon it.

1 Like

Re: My Journey From Katsina To Maiduguri By Road. by Nahnahvlogs(f): 1:11am On Dec 07, 2019
Awwn
You're very welcome and yes there are lots of jobs opportunities that can earn money for one.keep reading, thanks!

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Lockdown EXTENDED AGAIN, But Slightly Relaxed. / Drone Coverage Of Warri / Applying For NYSC After Studying Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.