Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Applying For NYSC After Studying Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For NYSC After Studying Abroad (658 Views)

Intent To Return Home After Studying In Canada??? / Nigerian Students Studying Abroad, Travelers To Pay ₦40,000 For Police Clearance / 10 Best Countries For Foreigners To Work Abroad After Studying There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applying For NYSC After Studying Abroad by Childofthelord(f): 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2022
Hello NL expatriates,

I will start by saying a huge thanks to everyone who reached out to me and extended arms of friendship and companion, God bless you all immensely. I am doing great now, not much has changed but I took your advices and i am much happier now smiley

Sooooo, I have some plans after graduation and one of them is to come back to Nigeria for NYSC. I am not aware of what the process is for diaspora students, but i would love to make arrangements early. Although I have found a great amount of resource on the NYSC website. I am hoping to hear from anyone who has "been there done that".

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Applying For NYSC After Studying Abroad by Legacyedition: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2022
Childofthelord:
Hello NL expatriates,

I will start by saying a huge thanks to everyone who reached out to me and extended arms of friendship and companion, God bless you all immensely. I am doing great now, not much has changed but I took your advices and i am much happier now smiley

Sooooo, I have some plans after graduation and one of them is to come back to Nigeria for NYSC. I am not aware of what the process is for diaspora students, but i would love to make arrangements early. Although I have found a great amount of resource on the NYSC website. I am hoping to hear from anyone who has "been there done that".

Thank you smiley

Are you not going for Post graduate work permit?.

1 Like

Re: Applying For NYSC After Studying Abroad by Childofthelord(f): 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
Sometimes I look back at this post and realize how desperate I was to crawl back to my comfort zone, where communal living is the norm, where I can easily make friends and vibe with folks who effortlessly hear my tongue. I wanted to feel the warmth, liveliness and energy of the life I used to live, a few years ago.
I yearn for true friendship, valuable connections, lasting relationships, genuine acquaintances...everything else is going pretty well but, I wanted to be part of something, like a family, I wanted to feel much more valued and appreciated. I wanted to be somebody to someone, not a boyfriend or husband lol no, I mean a circle of people I can rely on and vice versa. I have felt so lost that I wanted my people and I wanted it fast!
That's where the thought of going back to Nigeria for NYSC crept in, it felt like the best thing to do at the time. But alas, I forgot, I am in a different dimension, a "new dispensation", another man's land, therefore I have to learn to build what I truly desire. I have to quit trying to run back to my father’s land and disembrace the palette of my mother's tongue. It's been a slow, steady and unravelling journey. I am especially grateful to all the kind and loving people on this forum who have shown me nothing but love, encouragement and well-meaning advice, may the Lord continue to bless and comfort you all. I am still learning, growing, and crying sometimes, but I assure you, I am in a better place now. Thank you!
Childofthelord:
Hello NL expatriates,

Thank you smiley

4 Likes

Re: Applying For NYSC After Studying Abroad by GreatLouee(m): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2022
Childofthelord:
Sometimes I look back at this post and realize how desperate I was to crawl back to my comfort zone, where communal living is the norm, where I can easily make friends and vibe with folks who effortlessly hear my tongue. I wanted to feel the warmth, liveliness and energy of the life I used to live, a few years ago.
I yearn for true friendship, valuable connections, lasting relationships, genuine acquaintances...everything else is going pretty well but, I wanted to be part of something, like a family, I wanted to feel much more valued and appreciated. I wanted to be somebody to someone, not a boyfriend or husband lol no, I mean a circle of people I can rely on and vice versa. I have felt so lost that I wanted my people and I wanted it fast!
That's where the thought of going back to Nigeria for NYSC crept in, it felt like the best thing to do at the time. But alas, I forgot, I am in a different dimension, a "new dispensation", another man's land, therefore I have to learn to build what I truly desire. I have to quit trying to run back to my father’s land and disembrace the palette of my mother's tongue. It's been a slow, steady and unravelling journey. I am especially grateful to all the kind and loving people on this forum who have shown me nothing but love, encouragement and well-meaning advice, may the Lord continue to bless and comfort you all. I am still learning, growing, and crying sometimes, but I assure you, I am in a better place now. Thank you!

So I had to join this space again coz I came to get info for travel to Italy for my little brother. While going through posts, I saw yours. How are you
Re: Applying For NYSC After Studying Abroad by Childofthelord(f): 12:41am On Jun 28, 2022
I'm doing pretty good, thank you
GreatLouee:

So I had to join this space again coz I came to get info for travel to Italy for my little brother. While going through posts, I saw yours. How are you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Amused To Find Keke Napep In The UK / Is Nigeria Safe For White Tourists? / Nigeria Is An Unserious Country. Wait 6 Months For Passport ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.