Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,723 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

A Little Mistake That Caused An Engineer To Lose His 6 Plots Of Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Little Mistake That Caused An Engineer To Lose His 6 Plots Of Land (614 Views)

Need A Structural Engineer To Give Me Quote For This Design / Please Avoid This Land Investment Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Little Mistake That Caused An Engineer To Lose His 6 Plots Of Land by EzeAnthony1(m): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2019
In early 2017, I was opportuned to work with Engineer Eze at Ikota Villa. I asked him if he was interested in buying some lands in Lagos state...and immediately his mood changed.

I knew something was wrong and this made me pressed further. After awhile, he then sadly told me how he had lost 6 plots of land to land scammers in Ogun state. "This was because I didn't carry out a thorough investigation before making purchase--- he said"

You could imagine how shocked I was. I was like "If an Engineer like you could be deceived to the point of losing 6 plots of land, then what chance do I have being that I'm not even an Engineer".

I knew they were other people out there who want to invest in Lagos properties but are scared because of all the deceptions.

This caused me to embark on some more serious research. And now after many months of intense research, here are some of the very important things you need to consider before buying any land in Lagos.

No 1: How genuine is the land? What title documents does it have? Is the title document even genuine? All these questions should be answered with proof or else don't buy.

No 2: Is  there an ongoing development on the land like gatehouse or fence? If there's none yet, I'll suggest you do more findings before making payments.

No 3: Are there any hidden charges? You see, some sellers might tell you that the land is 3million naira. But when you're about to make payment, they'll start telling you to pay all manner of fees and before you know what's happening, you've gotten to 5million naira. So always find out all the hidden charges first.

No 4: How valuable is the location now and how valuable will it be in the future? Always find out how valuable an area is. To get more adequate information on this, just read one of the post on this website titled "7 unmistakable signs that an area would soon become very expensive".

No 5: Ask the seller; Why should I buy now? If he's not able to give you at least one good reason to buy now, then just walk away quietly. 

No 6: Make sure the company or individual offers you an immediate allocation or they should give you a sound reason why they can't offer you an immediate allocation now. Please don't make the same mistake others have made in the past.

Now this is a personal advice(from lots of experiences). If you're going to buy from omonile(family owners), then be very wise. The reason is because some of the family members could resell your land to another person! And even if they didn't do that, you'll still be paying them a lot more money when you start building on that land. You'd be paying fees like; Community development fees, Youth Fees, owo foundation, owo lintel level and so many other charges.
With this being said, l suggest you buy from a good real estate company  rather than going through all the stress that has to do with buying from an omonile.

No 7:  And this brings us to point no.7 which is... How genuine is the company you want to buy from? Now the reality is there are some real estate company who are only after your money, just as we also have the good ones.
I would have loved to list some very good companies here but for security reasons, I'll prefer to tell you in person when you call. My number is 08188742785.

Apart from the reason above, you really don't have to call me. But if you're thinking about maybe buying a land very soon , then I'd suggest you call me now. This is because lands sold by very good real estate companies are usually rushed.

cc:
Seun
Lalasticlaca
Dominique

(1) (Reply)

Plots Of Land With C Of O For Sale In Ajah Lekki Lagos Nigeria / FOR SALE 4nos Of 3bedroom Flat@ Canaan Estate Off Lekki Garden Ph1, 50m / Ember Month Deal / Wazobia Garden Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.