Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,345 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK (81751 Views)

Senator Kalu To Igbos: Don't Expect Anything From APC-Led Federal Government / Emeka Kalu To Ihedioha, Wike: 'Don't Impose Presidential Candidate On PDP' / Orji Uzor Kalu To Be Turbaned In Daura Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by QuintessentialW: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
otosa:
see you, you have someone fighting for your future and you are are not appreciate. Firstly, is the offender committed the crime, Yes? The punishment most be served, secondly, I do not agree that the property should be taken by Federal Government because the said money belong to Abia state and it be returned to them. God bless Nigeria.

What kinda English is this?
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by oneTIMEman(m): 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
We will not take it. Nnamdi Kanu was rite.

First it was Airpeace now its kalu
lets take them to Facebook court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
drskyfly007:
“How can you say a company (Slok) that has been in existence before he became governor should be wind up? Does it make sense?.”

If he is guilty, he should be jailed..but the slok company should be left alone to avoid sending back the employees to the labour market!
This is what I have been expecting
SLOK his Company shouldn't be on the news for the wrong reasons
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Ilekokonit: 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2019
Angelfrost:
Say what you like about Buhari and his leadership style or lack of... But, this is the first time in our 20 year old democracy I have seen this commitment to anti corruption...

This is a feather to this administration's battered cap... I give them kudos, and pray they increase the drive.

I am from both Lagos and Ogun States and I will be VERY happy the day Tinubu and Obasanjo are both jailed for looting Lagos and Nigeria blind such that so many Nigerians live in abject poverty and Nigeria is fast becoming the suicide capital of the world due to the hopelessness of the hapless common man which is a direct result of corruption.

Most of the people who bad mouth Buhari were either not born when PMB was in power in 1984 or they were not old enough t be politically aware in 1984 or they are just plainly mischievous and/or tribalistic because if you were old enough in 1984 or you shun laziness / tribalism and OBJECTIVELY research Buhari's tenure if 1984, you will see that Buhari was and is still a Messiah sent to deliver the common man from the Banditry of those intent on impoverishing the common man with their corruption.

That's why Babangida toppled him and put him under house arrest for 3 years even denying him to go bury his mother because IBB had to move as Buhari was at the time trying top military officers for corruption.

Kudos to Buhari. The gloves are off now that he doesn't need the votes / support of the corrupt elite.

GAME ON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Morris101686(m): 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
THE IRONY OF POLITICS..

And I ask again, what ll it profit me to celebrate the downfall of my own brother? What developmental strides will it bring to our dear state if OUK goes to jail and FEDERAL government takes over SLOK worth well over $330 millions according to FORBES? I am not trying to justify mismanagement of public funds or abuse of public office but how many of our politicians today in Abia can raise their heads up high and make a proclamation that he or she has NEVER in any way mismanaged public funds no matter how small?

The way most of our people are celebrating OUK'S predicaments, I begin to wonder if it wasn't this same OUK that they were all praising and worshiping years back? no be MMIRI NYERE ENYI again? That his jingles were never stopped being sponsored by most of our politicians of today?

It's so unfortunate that some politicians and most of our people have such a short memory that all we remember or are after is our loyalty to the present power holder, invariably, if anything happens tomorrow and the present becomes a past, everything about this our present so called loyalty changes too.

Most of us has forgotten that it was still this same OUK who stood his feet against all odds and made sure that Ochendo was given governorship even when Ochendo was in detention, without OUK making the former Biochemistry Dept HOD a local government chairman, would we all be here today supporting Dr Okezie Ikpeazu?

If same OUK didn't discover Elder Erondu Jnr Erondu and made him local government chairman at a very young age, even as a bachelor who just left school, would we all be here shouting "ALL HAIL THE EMPOWERMENT EMPIRE"? If same OUK didn't use a former Uniben lecturer as his Deputy, Who would have been the NMA AGHA NDI IGBO of today?

It amazes me that POLITICS is being played the way it is being played but then, what can I say or do?

For all have sinned and fallen short of his glory but then, our GOOD LORD has still kept us all. Like Pilate in the Bible did, I have washed my hands, let him that is spotless, cast the 1st stone for me myself and I, I sincerely want to see OUK a free man soon. That's my own STAND. though this is not a justification to support his dids according to the law court but then, it ll be an anathema for me to join and shout crucify him! Crucify him!!

I know that my people as usual will copy and paste this link to anybody whom they feel that I should be loyal to as prove that I am an OUK boy to deny me anything or political favours but then, it's ok...I don't mind.. but it ll also pass a message to the leader that same you who has forwarded my post to him, will also deny him if by tomorrow and the table turns around.

Yours sincerely

Ezechukwu
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by WhoRUDeceiving: 11:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
ANY IGBOMAN NOT BACKING BIAFRA AGITATION YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN...DITTO RIVERINE BIAFRANS and MIDDLE BELT BIAFRANS
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by kayusely70(m): 2:09am On Dec 06, 2019
Slok should be given to abia not fed govt
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by elazbrava(m): 2:49am On Dec 06, 2019
elmodee7:
Good
This is just the beginning. No body is above the law
Except the general of all generals
PMB he is above the law grin grin
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Victorex001(m): 2:49am On Dec 06, 2019
I’m PROUDLY IGBO...I support Biafra (Not IPOB) and I’m VERY HAPPY TO HEAR THIS!!!
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by FlutterDollar99(m): 5:15am On Dec 06, 2019
otosa:
see you, you have someone fighting for your future and you are are not appreciate. Firstly, is the offender committed the crime, Yes? The punishment most be served, secondly, I do not agree that the property should be taken by Federal Government because the said money belong to Abia state and it be returned to them. God bless Nigeria.
your English almost gave me cancer
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by jamace(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2019
Meanwhile, let's take a look at Looters facing corruption charges In Buhari's Government/APC Again:

Rotimi Amaechi: Indicted by the Justice George Omeregi led Rivers State Judicial Commission of Inquiry of looting ₦97 billion along with co indictees including a former army general.

Saminu Turaki: Alleged to have looted ₦36 billion. First charged before Justice Sabi’u Yahuza of the Federal High Court in Dutse, Jigawa State. Currently facing trial before justice Nnamdi Dimgba at the FCT High Court.

Timipre Sylva: A well known financier and supporter of the APC administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. Alleged to have looted ₦19.7 billion. Was facing trial before Justice A. Y. Mohammed of the Federal High Court, Abuja. However, two days after President Buhari was sworn in, the new APC government WITHDREW the charges preferred against Sylva on June 1, 2015 and on October 3, 2018, the EFCC returned to Sylva, 48 houses seized from him during the administration of former president, Goodluck Jonathan in 2013 to him.

Murtala Nyako: Alleged to have looted ₦29 billion. Currently facing trial before Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja

Senator Danjuma Goje: Alleged to have looted ₦25 billion. Currently facing trial before the Federal High Court, sitting in Jos, Plateau State.

Senator Abdullahi Adamu: Alleged to have looted ₦15 billion with the help of 18 co accused. Charged on March 3, 2010. The case continues to linger in court.

[s]Orji Kalu:[/s] Alleged to have looted ₦3.2 billion. Currently facing trial before Justice Mohammed Idris of the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos.

Kayode Fayemi: Indicted by the Ekiti Judicial Commission of Inquiry headed by former Ekiti State chief judge and the Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti, Ademola Ajakaiye, of sundry financial malfeasance totaling over ₦2 billion.

Senator Joshua Dariye: Alleged to have looted ₦1.2 billion. Currently facing trial before Justice Adebukola Banjoko at an FCT High Court.

Babachir Lawal: former Secretary to the Government of the Federation. Allegedly gave a ₦200 million contract to his own company from monies meant to look after Internally Displaced Persons. Has been sacked after protest by the opposition and civil society. Has still not been charged. Was allowed to be replaced by his own cousin.

According to Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index, Nigeria is more corrupt today under Buhari than at any other time since Transparency International started keeping records!

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/4431017/reno-omokri-releases-list-looters
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by caprini1: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2019
alphaNomega:

Screw you! This same man denies the SE. Look at how impoverish the state he governed for 8 years is. Ordinary Nigerians like you never think beyond tribe and religion
Can u just imagine? 5 eastern states ,not up to the size of Niger state, collecting billions in allocation monthly ,knowing how enterprising Igbos are with even little money,these past and present governors should be jailed and the keys thrown away....all those Iprob and co wont see that.Nonsense!
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by berrystunn(m): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2019
nogragra:

Una just start Nigeria go hot for una yeye people wey spoil our name all over the world because of love of money. JUST WAIT AND SEE.

No matter how bad the country his,.
Igbos will continue to leave Large.

Go and ask your leaders that looted and spoil the
Image.

If your stupid leaders did the needful, your useless and nonsense name will be kept save.

Name my assss . Usu
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by kehindetawede: 10:05am On Dec 06, 2019
How are the mighty fallen! Leaders will give account of their stewardship some day either on earth or in heaven. This is a great lesson for the political class, power is transient. Nigeria will be great someday. Ambassador Kehinde Tawede says so.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by alphaNomega: 6:35am On Dec 07, 2019
caprini1:
Can u just imagine? 5 eastern states ,not up to the size of Niger state, collecting billions in allocation monthly ,knowing how enterprising Igbos are with even little money,these past and present governors should be jailed and the keys thrown away....all those Iprob and co wont see that.Nonsense!

They are bloody retàrds
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by nogragra: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
berrystunn:

Image.

If your stupid leaders did the needful, your useless and nonsense name will be kept save.

Name my assss . Usu

Who mention igbo give you na? Sometimes I wonder whether brain dey una flat heads at all except crime and dirty money.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by berrystunn(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
nogragra:

Who mention igbo give you na? Sometimes I wonder brain whether brain dey una flat heads at all except crime and dirty money.

Tah go and continue with your rat life.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by nogragra: 10:35am On Dec 10, 2019
berrystunn:

Image.

Name my assss . Usu

.........live large and die like rats in their home and abroad.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by doraozuruonye: 12:29pm On Dec 10, 2019
nogragra:

lets stop this tribalism issue nah and judge matter the way it is suppose to be, if you start mentioning the politicians that embezzled money every tribe in this country is partaker of it, why not judge matter amicably instead of this sanction blame on tribe do this tribe do that.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by doraozuruonye: 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
alphaNomega:

They are bloody retàrds
tribalism will never help anybody, until Nigerians stop hating each other because of tribe there will be no development, instead of judging someone for doing something wrong you are pushing it on all the easterners, you saying it tell me where there is no corruption in this country, lets help fight evil instead of blaming tribe.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by doraozuruonye: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
caprini1:
brother go and read the meaning of love, you're too bitter.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by caprini1: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
doraozuruonye:
brother go and read the meaning of love, you're too bitter.
Bro...i was built in love ,went to school when religious tolerance ,CRK (christian religious knowledge) and IRK (islamic religious knowledge ) were taught simultaneously in school....and i am an igbo man.With the above combination ,you will know why i said what i said...I cant be coerced into continuous fighting of a war i wasnt existing when it was first fought or hate someone from a different tribe from mine,because i was told its right.

My training as an Igbo tribe is that we patiently use the little resources we have as a capital and build it to something big.

My question remains as small as the 5 igbo stated are ,are they collecting allocations or not? and what have they done with it?
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by berrystunn(m): 5:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
nogragra:

You will live forever abii?

Mugu ...

Die poor
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Posts: 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
interesting thread. it shows alot acn change. Kalu is walking free today

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated??? / Nasarawa Relocates Emir Sanusi To Awe From Loko Village / Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.