Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK (81389 Views)

Senator Kalu To Igbos: Don't Expect Anything From APC-Led Federal Government / Emeka Kalu To Ihedioha, Wike: 'Don't Impose Presidential Candidate On PDP' / Orji Uzor Kalu To Be Turbaned In Daura Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2019
jaxxy:

This judgement is quite shocking because from what I hear orji Uzo kalu is the best or one of the best governors the state has had.

The judgement is not about performance in office.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Burruchaga71(m): 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
God bless you justice Idris Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
topboss:
BUHARI IS VERY FUNNY.

WE ALL KNOW KALU HAS IMMUNITY. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THE JOKE IS ON NIGERIANS

And you posted this with your chest? Chai!, pls branch at the nearest primary school and re-enroll
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
He didnt suck Fulani dick well.

Idiot thought by decamping and licking ass, he will escape.

Serves him right.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
Temptee101:

Just 12 years?

Hope this is perfected, this will sure serve a deterrent to other thieves

It stands perfected, except Kalu through his lawyers can "unperfect" it at Supreme Court
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by zakkxx: 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2019
hahahaha orji uzo kalu left his ppl to foiiow a fulani man think he will be safe but they dump him after the election. e sweet my body grin grin grin grin
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by roygbiv01: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=FlutterDollar99 post=84645044]We will not take it. Nnamdi Kanu was rite.

First it was Airpeace now its kalu[quote]

Foolishness
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Greenback: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2019
Jimi24:

I am not usually tribalistic bit I am gradually losing friends SE. Is it that the mercantilist culture has stunted intellectual abilities and objectivity. The way these guys argue smh

I ain't SE but GEDDA4K!!!!
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2019
fergie001:

Please don't say that outside, I am from that state.

The Governors we have been opportune to have are a bunch of failures, himself inclusive.

If buhari will do same to his successor, trust me Abia will give him 100% votes if he wants third term.

The only thing Buhari has done here is to allow the the organs of the law to do their jobs - EFCC. I guess we are begining to see the rewards of the burst of corrupt judges that were arrested and prosecuted. Has this been the days of thieving/corrupt governments, Kalu would have walked like Odili and Fanik-Kayode
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2019
meobizy:
The government will only help him mismanage and run the company down, that is, if it wasn't a front for his fraudulent activities to begin with. Where is that Nairalander who always composes epistles about Peter Obi, painting him as an angel? I'm sure he'll claim Peter Obi is ready to serve the prison sentence for him.

The court said the company wound down - meaning, sold off and monies remitted to government. Nobody is managing it further

1 Like

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by nogragra: 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2019
berrystunn:

Your people and poverty / juju are like 5 and 6
Una just start Nigeria go hot for una yeye people wey spoil our name all over the world because of love of money. JUST WAIT AND SEE.

1 Like

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Edoziesmart(m): 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2019
topboss:
TO THE MOD THAT HIDE MY COMMENT, UR ENTIRE FAMILY WILL PERISH 2020, IN A DISASTROUS CAR FREAK ACCIDENT.

Guy this one really pain you.

I feel for you.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2019
flyingdutchman:

Shattap! When the man was forming sellout to his own brothers in SE, him no know say Cock go return to Roost ni?

Let me get you, you wouldn't mind if he had remained in PDP and walked away with the loot?

1 Like

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
Ojiofor:

Why should he forfeit the money to federal whe the money he stole belonged to Abia state?

I agree. I think the judge should have stated that clearly. Abia State govt can go to court to demand such remittance to them....buh.....na another thief dey saddle
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by fergie001: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
mapet:

The only thing Buhari has done here is to allow the the organs of the law to do their jobs - EFCC. I guess we are begining to see the rewards of the burst of corrupt judges that were arrested and prosecuted. Has this been the days of thieving/corrupt governments, Kalu would have walked like Odili and Fanik-Kayode

And you think that only thing isn't worth it?
Especially when he could have influenced it, if he wanted to and nothing would have happened.

That only thing, is the most important thing here.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
fergie001:

And you think that only thing isn't worth it?
Especially when he could have influenced it, if he wanted to and nothing would have happened.

That only thing, is the most important thing here.

Bros,

We are on the same page here. I am trying to say that doing the simple right thing can get Justice and reform the country
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by fergie001: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2019
mapet:

Bros,

We are on the same page here. I am trying to say that doing the simple right thing can get Justice and reform the country
Spot on.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by fintol: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
This is an attack on SE
na lie
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by uche393: 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
This is an attack on SE
it's a lie, our leaders are wicked. I wish it was TA orji
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Liposure: 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
Now i no PMB is truly fighting coruption
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Kingrefreshed: 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
Slynation:

Please don't bring tribalism into the picture....
This man purposely ran to APC so as to become a saint.... grin now the so called saints wants to feed on his carcass

Yes you're very right but there are more than 150 people who did what he did. Including Hausa's and Fulani politicians.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
SoNature:

Slok Holdings is a conglomerate.

He can't move the funds used to run his chains of businesses unless he wants to crash them.

I just need the EFFC to be rational, strategic and professional in their approach.

They can change the board of the group and keep the businesses running successfully.

The agency should not destroy it like they did to Rainbownet and Cosmo FM, thus worsening the issue of unemployment.

Bros,

The judgement says "wind down". Slok cannot LEGALLY exist anymore
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by drskyfly007(m): 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
“How can you say a company (Slok) that has been in existence before he became governor should be wind up? Does it make sense?.”

If he is guilty, he should be jailed..but the slok company should be left alone to avoid sending back the employees to the labour market!
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
doraozuruonye:
robbing peter to pay paul, let them use the money and develop Abia's if not that they are still the same corrupt, There are those worst than Uzor but because they are in charge no one will question them. Nigeria will be back again after this messing leaders are gone. thank God very soon, because my aspiring youths are opening their eyes now, very soon all these mess will stop and let the ones that have wisdom rule this country for once.

I think you guys are making some misunderstanding. Let me elaborate below

1. The VALUE of the fraud is 7.1b
2. Technically that money is gone - stolen and consumed
3. What is left will be what can be recovered, and I believe that is the reason the judgement wants SLOK (vehicle of the loot) to be wound down .
4. As it is SLOK may be insolvent at the moment, to the extent that when his assets are sold off there may still be debts? As such there is nothing to remit to either Abia nor FG.
5. Except EFCC/NFIU can start tracing the channels the monies went and start a repatriation process. This will be like another journey of 5-7-10yrs.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
drskyfly007:
“How can you say a company (Slok) that has been in existence before he became governor should be wind up? Does it make sense?.”

If he is guilty, he should be jailed..but the slok company should be left alone to avoid sending back the employees to the labour market!

SLOK Board of Directors that allowed it to be used for fraud should bear the consequences of its winding down. Again, REALITY CHECK! Employees are at the far end of the stick in the order of importance of a company, especially in this scenario.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by santafe(m): 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
We will not take it. Nnamdi Kanu was rite.

First it was Airpeace now its kalu

What will you not take? Both are criminals if convicted and should die in Jail. Spits!!
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by BBBells: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
hmmmn, devil is wearing canvass and drinking iced water
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by SaintLorenzo(m): 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
Sometimes I keep my feelings to myself because it's hard for someone else to understand me.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by drskyfly007(m): 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2019
mapet:

SLOK Board of Directors that allowed it to be used for fraud should bear the consequences of its winding down. Again, REALITY CHECK! Employees are at the far end of the stick in the order of importance of a company, especially in this scenario.
I understand your point..but i think a more rational thing to do was to order Slok to pay up all the money accrued via fraud..Not to take over everything...My opinion though#

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos) / 10 Most Industrialized States In Nigeria / Re: Tinubu Others, Kill Kogi Guber Candidate -Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.