Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK (81434 Views)

Senator Kalu To Igbos: Don't Expect Anything From APC-Led Federal Government / Emeka Kalu To Ihedioha, Wike: 'Don't Impose Presidential Candidate On PDP' / Orji Uzor Kalu To Be Turbaned In Daura Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Slynation(m): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
LabDNA:

He is clearly yoruba, his comment was aimed at attracting insult from hate-peddlers against the East.

I think the Easterners should adopt the tactics of claiming to be yoruba while making comments that will readily attract hate comments on the yoruba since NL accomodates such sleazy behaviours.

Let's all destroy the country so that everybody will rest. What a nonsense!
Lol.... grin The last sentence tho
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by DeeMain(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
LadySarah:

Why are you copying my comment.
Onwo ele omewa gi?

Abiriba?
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by atimadesign(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by alphaNomega: 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
This is an attack on SE

Screw you! This same man denies the SE. Look at how impoverish the state he governed for 8 years is. Ordinary Nigerians like you never think beyond tribe and religion
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by alphaNomega: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
Chikpat:
After all the paparazzi show for APC, e still cast for Kalu!

Stealing is corruption and OUK should know.

The good thing bi say APC no dey owe d guy. The gave him ticket, he won election, they also made him a principal officer for the senate.....make e go return Abians money, go to jail and stay condemned

Meanwhile, fed govt cannot manage slok

That's the plan. To degrade and destroy the company. Government can not take over your private business and manage it successfully
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by alphaNomega: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Its getting stronger my people.

Fulanization and Islamisation drive is Real.

We all know that Kalu likes to roll and swim with Hausafulanis Sharks waters because of his school days in maiduguri axis BUT why are former thieving Govs from core Muslim north not being sentenced across our prisons except the Christians thieving govs ?? Jolly nyame, Dariye and now Kalu. ?
Nobody steals public funds like Hausafulanis and get away with it.

Another typical Nigerian, unable to think beyond tribe and religion.

1 Like

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Egabs(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
References:
A former governor of Abia state, Orji Uzor Kalu, has been sentenced to 12 years in jail after he was found guilty of N7.65bn fraud.

The 12 year sentence is the highest among the 39 counts convicting the defendants, the lowest sentence being three years.
Mr Kalu’s company, Slok Nigeria Ltd was ordered to be forfeited to the federal government.

The court found the second convict, his former commissioner of Finance Jonnes udeogo guilty of 34 counts.

https://tvcnews.tv/breaking-court-sentences-orji-kalu-to-12-years-in-jail/
he run � to Apc so that justice want be done on him but bubu done fail am o
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by TooMuchStuff: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
Rikidony:

dude shvvt da fvccckkk upppp. how did I manage to share the same country with you folks

Same way we wanna opt out from the British cesspit u call country
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Dagrace01(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
We will not take it. Nnamdi Kanu was rite.

First it was Airpeace now its kalu
Air peace boss was prosecuted in the USA. Or is Bubu controlling the US govt too?

1 Like

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by flejnr2(f): 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
IN Enugu we are waiting for chimaroke turn
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by flejnr2(f): 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2019
Also make them commot gburugburu immunity come carry am abeg
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by flyingdutchman(m): 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
mapet:

Let me get you, you wouldn't mind if he had remained in PDP and walked away with the loot?
Bros, I would like to see everyone in PDP who stole money prosecuted and jailed. What makes this guy's case pathetic is that he tried to play a fast one. Also, APC members and EVERY POLITICIAN who stole our yams should be in jail.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Insectkiller: 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2019
Yes. This is what Nigerians want..
Kudos to Buhari govt on this...

We youth cannot be working day and night without much to show for it...when d capitalist armed robber like"Orji Uzor Kalu" has stolen d money...

And he is feeling as if he is d only that knows how to run d business...

Orji Uzor Kalu is a thief, d court said so..Orji Uzor has been sentence to Prison for 12 years..

Let Justice reign, Let Justice rule..

Buhari shld sanitize d system...

cool
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by smileyoo: 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2019
this is a welcome development, but let the jailing be spread evenly across the country, among these looting politicians, who 've succeeded in impoverishing nigerians. there should be no sacred cows, infact given the level of abject poverty in the land, any public officer who 've been convicted of stealing more than #1billion ought to be hanged or stoned to death. as for the forfeited properties and the huge amounts, it should be returned to the rightful owners- the people of abia state, not the federal govt. or it 'll seem the fed govt 've only succeeded in stealing the resources of abians through ouk & the law courts.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mbos: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
Good for all the anti biafran leaders in Biafraland
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Desmond007guy: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2019
Only you will not take it not Nigerians.

witch hunt... ABIA will not take this. Nigerians will not take this
We will not take this [/quote]
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Ojiofor: 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2019
mapet:

I agree. I think the judge should have stated that clearly. Abia State govt can go to court to demand such remittance to them....buh.....na another thief dey saddle

I know very well the thieves in Abia state government will still loot it but however, the money belong not to ABUJA.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by 9jahotblog: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2019
How can Ganduje,Tinubu, Aregbesola, Fashola, Akpabio, Elrufai, Oshiomole,Timipre Silva, Ajibola Bashiru, Babachir lawal, Ajimobi be working freely if trully Buhari is fighting corruption? Nigerians please don't be fooled ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2019
flyingdutchman:

Bros, I would like to see everyone in PDP who stole money prosecuted and jailed. What makes this guy's case pathetic is that he tried to play a fast one. Also, APC members and EVERY POLITICIAN who stole our yams should be in jail.

The underlined is the relevant statement...... any other view (be it PDP or APC) beyond this is living in denial
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by mapet: 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
drskyfly007:
I understand your point..but i think a more rational thing to do was to order Slok to pay up all the money accrued via fraud..Not to take over everything...My opinion though#

1. SLOK as a body also needs to be punished. The punishment is the judgement that they be wound up
2. SLOK may not be able to pay up. A company badly managed is up to a point that it was the conduit of 7.1b fruad does not deserve to continue in existence
3. SLOK's Balanced Sheet may not even be in a position to survive. Why should they be given time to refund monies that was stolen? What signals will it send to others? Soon companies will be reliant on political principals to plunder states as source of funding?
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by ultimatekint(m): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
Just wanted to destroy IPOB.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Bimpe29: 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
Buhari is getting serious faa.
OUK got the jail term.
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Yebosola(m): 6:10pm On Dec 05, 2019
mapet:

And you posted this with your chest? Chai!, pls branch at the nearest primary school and re-enroll

Lazy youths grin, So where is Joshua Dariye?
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by thunderbabs: 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2019
Sentence wey go don remain like 1year.... Dey go use 10years do case com sentencw 12years... Where d sense dey na?
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by UtuokeAlcoholic: 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Its getting stronger my people.

Fulanization and Islamisation drive is Real.

We all know that Kalu likes to roll and swim with Hausafulanis Sharks waters because of his school days in maiduguri axis BUT why are former thieving Govs from core Muslim north not being sentenced across our prisons except the Christians thieving govs ?? Jolly nyame, Dariye and now Kalu. ?
Nobody steals public funds like Hausafulanis and get away with it.
Na so my fellow osu
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by DEROX: 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
Glory be to god in the highest amen x2 for his mercies endureth for ever amen for his mercy endureth for ever amen . Igbo kwenu ya kwenu ya kwezuenu oooooo am happy nw u shuld know u re the most hated tribe in nigeria and africa at large useless set of pple even u re in apc and sai baba betrayed u abi is it still our yoruba afonja dat betrayed u ? U can never learn bunch of marginalized Igbos yam legged beasts crime flows in their blood i juz rememberd the day i woz given admission in one of their shit hole unis madonna in okija i woz robbed in onitsha at gum point bastards payback has not started 2023 presidency is nw clear na dey will never select u fools ijn
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by DEROX: 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Juventus4life:
Buhari hate Igbo 4 much
jagaban bullion van is not local champions mate
Re: Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
FlutterDollar99:
This is an attack on SE

Did he commit the crime or nah?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Re: Tinubu Others, Kill Kogi Guber Candidate -Okorocha / Militant Leader And His Commanders Killed In Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Two Boys Killed During Kogi Governorship Election In Lokoja (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.