Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer (43774 Views)

Edo PDP Primary: Obaseki Says No Cause For Alarm And He Will Participate / Ambode Reacts To EFCC Searching His House, Says No Cause For Alarm / Why Moghalu, Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Others Stand No Chance By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by oforjide: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=Amarabae post=84649466]Inasmuch as I don't like buhari extremism but you just can't deny the fact that corruption reduced a bit in his regime unlike GEJ time ,I don't believe in don't touch our criminal mentality,
Expose and deal with corrupt Igbo politicians, you are indirectly helping Igboland
[/quote u are a blind disgraceful nigeria bingo, where did u get this ur scandalous information. this govt that has been tipped by the international observers as the most corrupt president ever to rule nigeria, when ibe kachikwu was a minister he exposed how buhari and his fulani cabinet are siphoning nigeria currency. his formal chief of staff who looted all the money under his watch is now the most richest man in his state, buhari cousin who was selling recharged cards be buhari snatched power from jonathan is now a billionaire etc
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
nwadiuko1:
if he is corrupt, he should follow kalu..... nwanne this country has been raped front and back
nwanne listen am against corruption but is must be fair and equity,they are being selective here ,onyema ,innoson ,ibeto,and the rest so what about the most corrupted northern leader ! Let's I forgot they are all saint. Buhari the dead one should have been in prison if at all there is law in that British zoo

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by emmadeking(m): 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2019
GreenArrow1:

Your nose is useless then. The case has been going on for years. Now that it has come to fruition, it's about 2023. Were Jolly Nyame and Dariye's convictions also about 2023?
Bro, you don't know this case better than I do.
Let's pin it here while he appeals.
Thanks
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by backnbeta(f): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2019
When will Tinubu and the abo.ki thieves go to prison??
azimo:
nwanne listen am against corruption but is must be fair and equity,they are being selective here ,onyema ,innoson ,ibeto,and the rest so what about the most corrupted northern leader ! Let's I forgot they are all saint. Buhari the dead one should have been in prison if at all there is law in that British zoo
Very selective indeed...justice has removed her blindfold, can see clearly who to jail or let go free now!
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by hgnbello(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2019
Nt funny..
Is it dat he will remain in prison, serving as Senate nd still receive salary?
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by musicwriter(m): 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
Amarabae:
Inasmuch as I don't like buhari extremism but you just can't deny the fact that corruption reduced a bit in his regime unlike GEJ time ,I don't believe in don't touch our criminal mentality,
Expose and deal with corrupt Igbo politicians, you are indirectly helping Igboland

I kind of like your conclusion but the problem is that its not about an honest war on corruption but about 2023. Its a political court ruling. If it was about war on corruption, Buhari won't have raised Ganduje's hand for re-election as Kano state governor.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
backnbeta:
When will Tinubu and the abo.ki thieves go to prison??

Very selective indeed...justice has removed her blindfold, can see clearly who to jail or let go free now!
I have been in Europe all my life a biafran Italian am pained on what is happening to our people after the war and till this very moment,this people hates us with passion no two ways about it we need to leave the zoo and get back biafra.bro if biafra comes today that's the light black African countries needs but never the less we must continue,some idiots thought or always think biafra agitators are doubts but we are very learned people
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
Letstalk08967:
winksee below
chat me up
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Alvin212(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
We knew that already
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by dederocs(m): 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
The lawyer is concerned about earnings he gets... Nigerians are watching keenly.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Simplyleo: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
Amarabae:
Inasmuch as I don't like buhari extremism but you just can't deny the fact that corruption reduced a bit in his regime unlike GEJ time ,I don't believe in don't touch our criminal mentality,
Really?

But I thought corruption has multiplied by 1million times under bubu. undecided

Smh.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by havenz(m): 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
Am comfortably sitting in front of my television in the comfort of my house with my phone on my hand in case nepa take their light, I must watch how this will end, A CRIMINAL MUST FACE THE LAW of the land. Just one political person with #7 billion and your state is in practical connection with dust bin including bad roads. Chai I cry in China.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by waledeji(m): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
Praprapra:
[/s]
shatap
Hypocrite
[s]
Shatap... Ajayi no salary cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by waledeji(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
Praprapra:
[s][/s]
AJAYI no salary cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by waledeji(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2019
[/s][s]
Praprapra p[s:
[/s]ost=84651720]you're deceiving yourself

another government will take over then you'll realise the volume of corruption in this government

ask yourself all the billions of dollars being borrowed where e dey go?
and yet another is on the way to be borrowed
10 billion was approved for Kogi less than 24 hrs to election

Dear don't try to hide the truth just to sound politically correct

as far as I'm concerned
this government is the worst in corruption ever
the stats are there for you to be seen [/s]

[s]
Why you no cancel this one, because she is Ibo tribalist like you... Bloody hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by jasman1: 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
Brain teaser, is he not a member of APC? Stop fooling yourselves .”NOTHING GO HAPPEN”
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by alaira(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
THEY WANT HATE SPEECH OFFENDERS KILLED, BUT THIEVES AND EMBEZZLERS LIKE THIS KALU FREED. WE KNOW THAT NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THE IDIOT grin
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by hokafor(m): 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
They should take him to the nearest prison pending the out come of the appeal court
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Artzdanielsz(m): 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
this ruling is just an eye service for the masses to think they are really fighting corruption. He won't even spend a week in prison .because we know he will win the appeal with federal might.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by loswhite(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2019
sesanolalu87:
With all his lobbying tinubu, buhari and APC, they still want to fukc him up
lol...they are just acting a movie.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Xisnin(m): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
Money is talking.

This legal system that oyinbo gave Nigeria is a scam. Imagine if the victim was a poor man, how will he get money to settle case for ten years, let alone go to court of appeal.

No wonder our politicians don't steal small money, they also add a few dozens of millions to pay lawyers, sans and buy kola for judges who like goro.
All lies.
Many rich men get away with crime in all countries, stop making it about Nigeria.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Xisnin(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2019
LibertyRep:
He is surely going to fight it till the Supreme Court and as far as the law permits.

My worry is just what the court says about the fund in contention. Is he going to make a refund to the government of Abia state?

Or he will just serve the term and keep the loot?

Methinks the law should not only stipulate a refund, the offender should also be made to pay interest of 20% per annum for the entire duration starting from when the money was looted and the day conviction was secured.
I see your jungle justice mentality at work here.
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by osusuallstars: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2019
Up to supreme court.
This charge and bail lawyer wanna keep his payroll rolling
Orji must go to jail . 7.6b is small compared to over 50b he stole

TA orji own pass 80b
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by webngnews: 4:32pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Orji Kalu: High Court Verdict Can't Stand, No Cause For Alarm - Lawyer by Anyi64: 4:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
OUK, should quickly appeal this judgement, it shouldn't be allowed to stand, If he is to forfeit anything, it should be to Abia state and not federal government.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes / Bitrus Jisalo: Tinubu Appoints FCT Native As Minister, The First Time Since 1999 / Boko Haram Observed Evening Prayer, Preached In Geidam To Gain Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.