Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Unbreakable Bond Part F - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unbreakable Bond Part F (372 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond / Unbreakable Bond Part E / Unbreakable Bond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unbreakable Bond Part F by Supernatural28(m): 11:10am On Dec 10, 2019
Unbreakable Bond
(♥ Mine Forever ♥)
Part F
About an hour or more later, chizzy walk into the room dressed in a transparent night dress, holding a tray in her hands. She squat in front of me and gently lower the tray she was holding on the floor. Her face curved in a smile as she gently open the plate of fresh vegetables, white rice and stew.

"Charles dear, since you didn't eat the meal I prepared for you early today. I thought probably you don't like fried rice. So I thought it would be nice for me to prepare something different for you for dinner. She said in a sonorous and musical voice.

I glance at it speechlessly.....
"oh come on Charles, stop this naive attitude of yours okay. I know you're very hungry, so stop pretending, stop faking and eat something. Do you think the food is poison? Do you think I am really capable of doing such a thing to you or to anyone?

I didn't utter a word..........

Okay, alright fine your silent says it all. She then pick up a spoon in tray and ate few spoons from the food. You see there's nothing wrong with the food. Assuming the food was poison I wouldn't have tasted it. So stop punishing yourself for nothing. She stood up and squat again. I lied when I said I and Jumbo had been married for years. The truth is that I know he is a monster, but i love him like mad and each time I tried moving on with my life I find myself going back to him. Its like he's in control of my emotions. I gave him the all of me, for him to love and remain faithful to me. But all I received in return are assaults and battering from him. I damaged my womb due to the series of abortions I committed some years ago . Luckily for me I had a child, a daughter, before it got damaged. she will turn three next month. Jumbo is the father of my child and it seems i don't want her to grow up without a fatherly love and care. And probably this is the reason why I am still finding it more difficult to leave him. My daughter is the reason why I am still with him. Why am I even telling you this? She said in a sobbing voice. She stood up and walked out of the room.

I felt sorry for her, her story touched the softest part in me. She's madly in love with Jumbo and she's willingly to do anything for him. But Jumbo don't appreciate her, respect and adore her. Apart from her heart touching story, she was right when she said i should stop pretending like am not hungry and eat something. I pick up the spoon and started eating the food.

Few minutes later Jumbo walked in, holding a bottle water in his right hand. His face curved in a sardonic smile the moment he stared at the empty plates. He squat in front of me and rudely fling the bottle at me.

"I Thought you said you're aren't hungry, when then did you? What made you to change your mind? He asked still smiling sardonically.

I didn't utter a word....
He heavy a sigh and continue...
" what were you guys discussing? What were you and my sweetie pie discussing, that made her to cry?
Still I didn't utter a word...
" look Charles your silent is really pissing me off... So please stop this selective deafness and answer my questions. Besides I noticed she wasted some time here with you, discussing something.. So I ask again, what were you discussing with her, what were you guys discussing?
"what we discussed is none of your business... I answered.
" hmmmm, really? He asked
"yes, I answered.
He stared at me speechlessly for a while and heavy a sigh....
" anyway you can keep whatever she said to yourself, I don't give a damn okay.
He stood up and walked to the door and pause.... Oh, and don't forget say your prayers okay. He said and walked out of the room

I was lost on my thoughts after he (Jumbo) the lavatory. Praying and begging God to rescue me from the lions den. To save me impending death. I thought of escaping through the window, but it was pointless as the windows are burglar proof.

After series of thoughts I didn't know when I slept off.

***********'********************************

Some pats on my cheek woke me up from my sleep.
"wake up, sleeping head..... Jumbo said in a sardonic voice.
I stare at him and boys in awe....
"Good morning and how was your night? He asked.
But I didn't utter a word....
After waiting for some seconds without any response from me he continued.
" chill Charles, I am not killing you now. But I'll do that in a jiffy. in the meantime, l have something to show you.

He puts his hands inside his pocket and brought out a phone. I steal a glance at the phone and discovered the phone belongs to me. He handed the phone over to me.

"I just thought of giving it to you, so you can go through some text messages and whatapp chats. I'll advise you to read the important ones, especially that of Nora's.

The numbers of her texts and whatapp messages, excluding the ones I read are so overwhelming. They're so touching.
I can't deny the fact that you guys are meant for each other. It is so obvious you two are meant to be together. But the problem is that, I won't let happen. It will be over my dead body to see it happen. I've laboured hard to get her attention. I even belittle myself for her. What a person in status wouldn't have done. I was almost at the edge of winning before you surface from nowhere....

He pause, glaring at me for a while and continue...
Like I said earlier read the most important ones and skip others. I'll be back in 10 minutes. He stood up and walked out of room.

***few minuter***
I was still going through the messages when jumbo and his boys entered the room. Jumbo collected the phone from me, while his boys pulled me up and dragged me out of the room. They dragged me into a bush and force to go down on my knees.
"I guess by now, it has dawn on you that no one is coming for your rescue? He asked, bring out a gun from his pocket.

I didn't utter a word..........

"anyways I've decided not to beat you to deat. I don't want to hurt my Nora in the proces, since you both are spiritual bonded together. He said swinging the gun in his hand.

He aim the gun at me and was about pulling the trigger. When an army of soldiers jump out of the bush and open fire on Jumbo and his boys, killing all of them except Jumbo. On seeing that he has been rounded and there's no chance of escaping. Jumbo glare at me and said....

"that they are finally here to rescue you, wouldn't stop me from killing you. He said this and pull the trigger. The bullet went straight into my stomach. I fell down on the ground, coughing up blood. As I watched the soldiers gun down Jumbo. Even in his final moment he was staring, gloating and smirking at me.

I saw an ambulance driving towards me, accompanied by a 2019 G-class SUV. They stopped few distance away from me, I saw some doctors and nurses alighting from the ambulance, bringing out something from the ambulance which I can't say due my blurry vision.

wake up Charles a thin familiar female voice echoed..i could feel blood spreading all over my shirt as I was been wheeled to the ambulance..wake up Charles The blurry female figure running after us shouted again. The figure was later stopped by some nurses as I tried harder not to close my eyes but yes suddenly..everything went blank.

Part G
Supernneji26@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

I Shouldn't Have... / I Miss The Days / Raising A Monster (part 14)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.